Slower Weight loss at 50?

Options

Replies

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Good morning;
    We got out for our walk yesterday. I was a beautiful day. Today I am making raspberry jam to go into a Victoria sandwich cake. We are putting all the patio furniture away and the hoses for the winter.
    I have to go out later and pick up allergy meds for Sophie and some turkey, so I can get her to
    take it. We may also swing by Ikea to take a look around.
    Have a great day! :)
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Off to the Dr in a little while! My car is beeping I will need a battery for my locks soon. Of course do not have one yet!! My daughter called and cannot pick me up, as her car battery died..So I will be picking her up for my appt..then hopefully dealing with her battery!! Can we say Murphy's law?? Roger would have got such a kick out of it!!
    Ed, that is really interesting about your cats and the gliders!! I have not really heard of FIP I do not think..so sad when our "babies" have issues!!
    Jo, I cannot believe you are so sensitive to that Ivy..You must be so tired of it!! I think your husband might need to do the heavy yard work from now on, lol... :# Will an epi pen help if that happens again?
    Irene, hope Annie is doing better, and the inspection is happening !!
    Vix, you may be the one above water here !! You and Ed, lol!!
    Val, Hope you can rest and pamper your immune system some!!
    Ed, we were in Atlanta Sunday. We went to Dier Biergarten and had a great German meal!! Nice rain but terrible traffic on the way home. Bunches of accidents and standstill traffic. Luckily we were always on the other side ! I could not deal with that traffic all the time..I would freak out and take taxi's, lol...(busy area of course!!)
    Stay safe all... <3
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    good morning all, well we did return the monitor vest back to the vet hospital we will know more tomorrow or Wednesday it will be nice to know what is really going on. Poor Annie under the vest had all this medical tape which when you tried to take it off it hurt because it would pull her hair out we did use rubbing alcohol to get most of it off ,I am just so glad it is over. We did get our second inspection done on Friday he has been working the whole weekend it looks like it is almost done, we have one more inspection to do when it is all over. jan good luck today.take care all ed hope you are feeling better
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,169 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Hi all.
    Back from the weekend at the mountains. It was great. Nice Fall weather, an Autumn festival, time with the family in a large, comfy rental house.
    Jo, I hope your poison ivy is getting better.
    Irene, I hope Annie is ok.
    Jan...hope all goes well today. The car issues seem like Murphy's law, but maybe that was all the bad luck for today and everything else will be good.
    Ed, you are very kind to take in all those pets.
    Val, hope you are enjoying cooler weather and feeling better.
    Have a great rest of the day, everyone. It is a beautiful sunny Fall day here. :)
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning, well my deck is almost done . He only has the bottom step and the railings it is looking really nice. No big plans for today . Our weather here has been great nice cool mornings and warm afternoon. Annie seems to be doing good we took her for 2 nice walks yesterday .take care everyone
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 20,692 Member
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! 50% chance of rain sometime after noon, with an expected high of only 68. Not a lot on the agenda for today. Maybe I will get out for an item or two. I have given Lilo her Tuesday shot. Kiara seems to have gotten over whatever was making her sneeze so much. Clyde is pretty active in the evenings and early morning, and seems to be doing OK. I never got any response to my one query regarding an available female for a new companion so it's looking, for the moment, like we can save that $150 anyway.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon;
    Jan-I hope all went well today with your biopsy.
    Vix-I am glad you had a nice weekend. It must have been so nice in the mountains. Fall is my favorite time of year.
    Irene-you must be so happy that the deck is almost finished. Give Annie a big hug from me.
    I am glad she is doing better.
    Ed-Maybe Clyde likes being the only one. He is getting extra attention
    Val-I hope you are taking some time for yourself and that you are feeling better.
    It is a good thing that I close my laptop when I am not using it. Sophie left me a hairball on the cover today. :#
    I am either coming down with a head cold or allergies are kicking in. I have been sniffling all day and have watery eyes.
    Have a great evening! :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Hi all.
    Jo, hope you feel better...is the poison ivy almost gone? Fall is my favorite too.
    Ed, glad that Clyde seems happy by himself and that the cats are doing better.
    Irene, glad your deck is almost finally done! Yay! Bet you're super happy about that.
    Glad Annie is doing ok too.
    Val, hope you got some rest and are feeling better.
    Jan...hope all went well with the biopsy. Hope you are feeling ok and the cars are fixed!
    I went to stained glass class today and worked on my project, then went to clay group and painted a few things.
    It's a beautiful Fall day, relatively cool and sunny.
    Have a great evening everyone. :)
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    I am alive, lol!! The thyroid biopsy was not as bad as I thought it would be. I had a very wonderful Dr and nurse during the procedure. The numbing shots were nothing, and you could only feel pressure during the actual biopsy. Occasionally I had to not swallow though the pressure sometimes made you, but not too often. I can no longer hold my breath on an exhale, but about the time I felt desperate he was done and I could breathe. I used to swim a whole pool and hold my breath..No more!! :# The nurse taking my B/P at the beginning was like a torturer from the Inquisition. My daughter said I was not quite as bad as Wheezy from Steel Magnolias. If you have not seen it...do. I feel much better today though, not so weak kneed. The restaurant we went to in Atlanta has about 50 steps to it and no elevator. The food was so worth it though!! I hurt the most from climbing the stairs and climbing the gurney twice. :D I was worried as I have sleep apnea, but with the pillows more under my shoulders, the neck is hyperextended so breathing was actually easy on my back. Should hear something in about 2 days or so.
    Fall is beautiful, I am glad everyone is enjoying it! Irene, I know you cannot wait to sit on your deck!! Glad Annie is doing better too! Jo, hope you feel better soon. Allergies are bad this year and change of weather is always good for colds! Ed, glad Clyde seems so happy. maybe with him being older he loves his privacy, lol..Val, Hope you are doing okay too!! Thank you to God for this Blessed 3 day soaking rain. I hope we are out of the no rain pattern for a while!! Take care all!! <3 Jan
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Phone shuts off when i try to post. Was sick all weekend but better now. Lucy (dog) had another seizure; scary but she recovered after. Big storms tonight.
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! 61 out there now with an expected high of 68 and 20% chance of rain. Today I really will get my diabetic testing supplies at Walgreen's. They were out of the test strips, but fortunately let me know of the delay prior to my going to get the lancets that were ready, saving me the extra trip.

I heard a thump a bit ago. This isn't at all unusual, since we have 4 cats! 3 of them were in here with me, and I found the 4th, but couldn't see any reason for the thump. This, too, isn't terribly unusual with 4 cats...it may have just been Dinah jumping down from somewhere.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Good morning.
    Very overcast here this a.m, supposed to rain. High of 60 expected here today...definitely Fall weather. Our morning glories and asters are still blooming like crazy. Beautiful.
    Ed, good that you are able to get your testing supplies today. Do you live far from the shopping area?
    Val, sorry you were sick for the weekend, but good that you're feeling better. Hope your storms weren't too bad.
    Jan, sorry you are having so many physical problems. Hope you get good results from the biopsy. Healing thoughts to you, and crossing my fingers for the test results.
    Jo, hope you're feeling better.
    Irene...I hope your deck is finished...it was so close!
    I have a PT re-eval scheduled for later this morning and a massage at 1:30. That'll be nice.
    Need to do some laundry and some straightening up. And will see if anything else comes up.
    Hey, Pirate, how're you doing?
    Happy Wednesday, everyone. :) 🎃🍂☂
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    Went for a hike but left early because I didn’t want boudreaux to get caught in the storm. Storms were significant but not bad at home.
    bw8sn9bv3cu6.jpeg
    02ymwd7w6rcn.jpeg
    tdr03vk5lfv7.jpeg
  • parityanimal
    Options
    eku0 wrote: »
    Ed, good that you are able to get your testing supplies today. Do you live far from the shopping area?

No. I could walk to Walgreen's, Aldi, Publix, Target, Office Depot,and PetSmart. Also several restaurants and a movie theatre. All are less than a mile away. I just don't like to make an extra trip. My diabetic supply prescriptions at Walgreen's are supposed to be synced, to avoid an extra trip, but the shortage caused a short delay. There was no danger of me running out of anything.
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    hey the deck is done I am so happy
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Holy moly y'all! It's thrilling Thursday and it's 44 degrees out there! Looking for a high of only 65 with no chance of precipitation. I seem to remember there being something I might have needed to go out and buy but think I covered about all of it yesterday.

Last night a friend came over to watch a movie, and since he works late hours at a game and bowling place, the evening wrapped around into morning but I did get to bed before 2:00. Normally I turn into a pumpkin at midnight but I managed, after having a longish nap in the afternoon.

I even managed to get through "movie night" without any extra snacks, as he didn't want anything (I did offer) and I just drank water.

I definitely want a nap today too. LOL.

• eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Great pictures, Val!
    Ed,nice that you're so close to everything...ours is a few miles, still close.
    Irene...Yay! So glad your deck is done...still time to enjoy the Fall!
    Jo, hope you are feeling better.
    Jan...good luck with those test results.
    It rained pretty much all day yesterday, and really windy last night. It seems to have calmed down, but we have a wind advisory til 6 p.m. and high of only 55 today, partly cloudy.
    I'm off to painting class this morning. My latest project is working on an original holiday card. I'll have to go get it printed, probably at Staples.
    Happy Thursday, everyone....almost Friday!🎃🍂🍁

• IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning, wow we really had a windy day here yesterday ,we also got a lot of rain the night before. Today I have a hair appt and food shopping if I have time I might get my nails done . Jan did you get your test results yet good luck .Ed glad you had a nice time with movie night. Jo hope you are feeling better. Vix you are always doing such cool things. Val love the pictures. take care everyone and enjoy your Friday
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's fantastic Friday! 43 out there with an expected high of 69 and no chance of precipitation. There is a nap on the agenda, at least hopefully. Nothing critical on the shopping list. I made a crock full of beef stew yesterday so have several meals out of that to go and I have plenty of Romaine for salad, along with a few expensive vine ripened tomatoes. And there is high fiber, low carb whole wheat bread and some deli sliced turkey and ham if i just want a sandwich, or, perhaps, a half serving of stew and half a sandwich for a "soup and sandwich" lunch.

• eku0
    Options
    Good morning all.
    Ed, thanks for keeping all the humorous pictures coming...they're great. Glad you had a nice movie night. Enjoy your beef stew.
    Irene, enjoy your hair appt. I hope you have time for your nails, always feels like a luxury to me...I don't have them done very often.
    I hope everyone is doing ok. Jan, fingers crossed for good results.
    I have no special plans for today. Need to do some straightening around the house.
    Happy Friday, everyone. :)