Slower Weight loss at 50?

Options

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 20,705 Member
    Options
    Orion really loves this little blanket that we made for the sugar gliders. Fortunately they have plenty more.

This one found its way to the floor months ago, or he stole it from where we used to keep the stash of clean pieces,and once he found it he claimed it.

I tried to get it back to wash it, and put it back with their extra blanket supply, but he knew where I they were and, even after I put it someplace else he wasn't aware of, kept trying to get it back and knocking other stuff off where they used to be.

So I gave it back to him. Apparently he formed an instant attachment and it's his favorite toy. Dinah plays with it now and then but isn't attached to it the way Orion is.

He carries it around, singing to it, and tosses it in the air to pounce on it and bat it around. Sometimes he just carries it around and lays down beside it. He is so happy with it that we don't mind letting him keep it.

e6zsn6dwwku0.png
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,173 Member
    Options
    Good morning all. Raining like crazy today.
    Ed, is Orion a jumper or a climber? Looks like he's about to pounce! Your cassarole looked yummy. Sounds like you had a good time. Always nice to find new friends.
    It's 65 supposed to go up to 74 today. I think it just feels chilly because of the rain and gray skies.
    Happy Sunday everyone. πŸŽƒ
    funny-halloween-meme-11.png?w=605

• hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I’m working too much and trying to figure out life. Left hip is hurting so much that I might actually go to the doctor. After the 2016 doberman attack, I couldn’t walk for a year. Then it was okay 2017-2019...until the last couple if weeks. I don’t know why.
    Haven’t left the house in more than a week (except taking Em to/from school). Went for an easy hike last evening and was in severe pain.
    Remus Crabbypants is adorable! 7id6mrfg2su1.jpeg
    m3l34y26bike.jpeg
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,123 Member
    Options
    good morning, well it is raining here but we still got our walk in we all had our rain coats on including Annie but of course it didn't keep her dry after she went in the lake oh well I tried. No big plans for today we might go for a ride to pick up corn for the deer they are on there last bag. Ed cheesy fiesta hash browns looks good. I made shepherds pie but I made with morning star crumbles taste very good ,one of my husbands favorites meals. take care everyone
  • parityanimal
    edited October 2019
    Options
    eku0 wrote: Β»
    Ed, is Orion a jumper or a climber? Looks like he's about to pounce!

Is he a jumper or a climber? Yes.

Both. Either. Sometimes he jumps part way and claws his way up the rest. Sometimes he climbs one item to jump to another. Sometimes I think he sprouts wings, or at least has hidden skin flaps like a flying squirrel or sugar glider.
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Good morning;
    Ed-Remus is so cute. Do you ever let them out of the cage? Your casserole looks good.
    Irene-once you get your generator you will not have to worry anymore about losing power.
    It is good that Annie took her medicine.
    Vix-I had a good laugh at the Simon cartoon. Thanks for sharing.
    Val-I am sorry that your hip is hurting again. Could it be from too much sitting at work?
    Hi Jan.
    I am going to make a vet appt. for Sophie today. I hope we can get in today or tomorrow.
    She is so stuffy and sounds like a little pig. The Claritin hasn't really helped.
    Today is my last day of vacation. It rained yesterday and is still raining today.
    Hope everyone has a great start to their week! :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning all.
    Val, sounds like maybe you should see a Dr about your hip (severe pain is not good). Hope you are figuring things out. We all know you work too hard!
    Irene, nice to walk in the rain sometimes.
    Ed, Orion is an active cat!
    Jo, hope you get an appt for Sophie quickly, poor kitty. We had a couple of days of rain here, but it cleared up yesterday afternoon and was beautiful.
    Today is sunny too, a high of 69 expected.
    I have a massage appt this morning.
    Have a great new week everyone. πŸŽƒ
    Went for a walk in the park on Friday:
    awxbed0lptcf.png
    rlqt68ltnpm5.png
  • parityanimal
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's magnificent Monday! It was very foggy when I got up. After the fog clears, I will probably head over to Kroger for a few things. Remus was bouncing around this morning and deigned to come to the bars and sniff my hand. twice. I feel that this is progress.

β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning, our weather here looks pretty nice today at least it stopped raining. take care everyone. oh we actually lost our power for a few minutes yesterday but it came back on. Val hope the pain in your hip is better
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Hi All,
    It has been a week!! I am pooped and glad it is Monday!! My kinda rest day!! I did not have small group or have to cook for church this week. Thankful as it just seemed crazy!!
    Ed- all your animals are so beautiful!! You are definitely making wonderful progress with Remus!! I can not wait until some months go by to see the change. I think they are all really lucky to have ya'll for Dads and Moms!! <3 Your casserole looked really good!!! A delightful breakfast!!
    Val, the walking has been going good. Maybe it is something about sitting position instead. Jo you can be quite insightful!! The pictures were great, esp. B.'s expression!!! I hope you stop hurting!!
    Irene, glad you have that generator. Sounds like it will come in handy!! I forgot about the permits! Annie sounds like she won that round, esp. the lake!!
    Jo, sounds like you accomplished a lot this week!! Hope Sophie gets relief..I feel her pain, lol..Don't you hate when vacations come to an end!
    Vix, beautiful pictures too!! We are a little more green as we have had tons of rain now, in our dry month!! :# And thank goodness.

All the Halloween jokes are great. This is my first year without the grandkids and having a Halloween together. :'( The church usually has a trunk or treat outside with everyone decorating open trunks and passing candy. This year is a fall festival that I just was too busy and committed to participate. Not even sure if the kids were going as both my son and daughter in law are working and so swamped (teachers) they had not even made plans. The older is going to be going to (tasteful) parties for that soon. She is 13. The younger is only 10 and really petite so she will will be enjoying longer. Just maybe not this year...As of 3 hours before they had no plan...As a good mom in law I am not saying they have overextended themselves, but it happens.. :| I feel for people nowadays. No one should have to be that crazy busy. But much of it is not changeable at the moment. We might have felt that..and I blocked it out, lol..
    Recovering from taking the meal to my friend. I was on time and found the apartment complex, but could not find the apt. I am so un techy. I had sent directions from my computer to my cell, but it somehow did not have the post with it with her address and phone. That info was at home 20 min away on my landline and computer. So had to drive home, retrieve the info, call and find it again. Still took me a 2nd call and barely found the actual apartment. At least the food was warm and she is a diabetic. You can not imagine my stress!! I am getting old... That put me finding it in the dark and driving home..I can not see in the dark...You have no idea!! LOL!! :*
    I did get to church, and met a friend for an early supper. I am also sporting a cold/ awful allergy thing. (This is why I identify with Sophie!!)...(Love 40 degree temp changes everyday..) :D
    Sorry for the epistle..I try for shorter and more frequent posts and then life looms, lol!!!
    Take care all and enjoy this week!!! B)
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Dinah is discreetly making sure I stay safe in the bathroom.

bl00tmp4kwnc.png
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Dang.. did not keep up with diary a day...back to day#1..Just short of a year...by days.. :o
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning, well today I am taking George in for procedure I will talk to everyone later
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! I need to get to the vet for more disposable syringes with needles, as I used the last one for Lilo's shot this morning. While there, I need to empty the container I have been putting all the used needles in, as it's nearly full. They can dump them all into their Sharps container for proper disposal and I can start refilling it next Tuesday. Lilo is in my lap now.

β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    Options
    Hi all.
    Busy day for me...stained glass, clay, dietician, and grocery shopping...home at last!
    Irene, I hope George is ok.
    Have a good night, everyone. :)
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! We are going to see a movie tonight, as a pre-release showing. I do hope to get a nap in at some point.

• eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    I think I will carve my pumpkin today.
    Happy Wednesday, everyone. πŸŽƒ
    funny-Halloween-12.jpg
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Fast getting out to mail off some things..and drop Halloween to my grandkids. Then, blessedly home!! Rainey for several days..Strange weather. We will probably have no fall. Kind of a late summer slide into winter..which never kills the bugs!! It is like living in a b minus horror flick!
    Hope George is okay, Irene.
    Everyone have a great day!! Carve your pumpkins!! Picture of yours, Vix!! :)
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    hi all, it is still raining here and it sounds like it will be raining again tomorrow . George is doing good take care all
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! Happy Halloween! Temperatures are rapidly dropping today from a high of 71 (now) to a low of 27 or so early tomorrow morning! As soon as I finish my tea, and feed the cats, I will be working on making some space in the garage to bring in plants, and then on the actual bringing in of said plants.