Slower Weight loss at 50?

Options

Replies

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,124 Member
    Options
    good morning, Jan I love watching the Christmas movies I was watching some last night. Ed that is a really nice place for Bonnie. Vix it is nice you got to spend more time with your grandson. Hi Val and Jo
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 20,719 Member
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday! Another chilly morning but with an expected high of 60 and no chance of precipitation. Not a lot on the agenda today other than a nap! I woke up about an hour early today. Fancy that! LOL. I hate changing the time and wish we could just leave it alone.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,177 Member
    Options
    Good morning all.
    Sounds like everyone's been busy and getting used to the colder weather and time changes.
    It's currently 43 and sunny, going up to 58 today. It's been frosty in the mornings. I've been going to bed later than usual recently, so stayed up to the same time last night, which was actually earlier, and slept about the same amount of time. It's great being retired and not on a strict schedule! But, I think we should stay on standard time. ;) I used to think they put in daylight savings so we'd have more daylight in winter...apparently I had it backwards. We could all revolt and not change our clocks in the Spring! Seeing that it takes an act of Congress, it will take forever to change it back. I wonder who profitted from this.
    Anyway, I have a acupuncture appointment this morning, the sun is shining, and it is a beautiful Autumn day. I will be babysitting my grandson again next weekend as my daughter and son-in-law have a wedding to attend. It's truly a joy to spend time with my children and grandson. So looking forward to Thanksgiving. :smiley:
    Wishing everyone a wonderful new week. 🦊🍁
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Well, I just got back from the ophthalmologist, for my annual Diabetic eye checkup. That appointment snuck up on me. My eyes are dilated so I may try for an early nap to let them get back to normal!

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Resting after church. I do things on Monday but so slowly..you might blink and miss it!! Nice fall day. Another cold snap on Friday expected. No one brings rose bushes in the house..only me!! :# It is in a very small pot to encourage root growth when I thought I would lose it...And my slow self just never got it planted before the frost..Hopefully I will..need to work to fit the space though..Though actually it is kind of cool having a rose bush in the house, lol... :D
    Have fun playing with your grandson Friday Vix!! Greatest memories!!
    Roger will be laid to rest this Friday also..Thanksgiving will sure be hard on Mike..He is so upbeat..Great and wise generation!!
    Take care Val, Irene, and Jo..and the rest of us!! :)
  • parityanimal
    edited November 2019
    Options
    NEW EMAIL SCAM GOING AROUND! DON'T FALL FOR IT!

This morning I received an ALMOST believable email purporting to be from PayPal, regarding a supposed issue with my account.

First, the FROM address is very odd. Really? Service@mail.paypal.com <service-center7257211@judi.business>?

Second, it wasn't apparently addressed to me, but to reminder@mail.paypal.com. That is a highly unlikely address for PayPal to send an email to, as PayPal ALWAYS addresses me by name, when emailing me, and would not be sending email for me addressed to a mailing list type email address.

Third, the body of the email starts with "Dear Customer" and my name is not Customer. PayPal would never address me as "Customer" in an email and ask me, in that email, to click on a link to log in to PayPal, particularly a link that would route me to a redirect link, not to PayPal at all.

It looked something like this, including all the odd typos, but this time there were no egregious grammatical errors:

Service@mail.paypal.com <service-center7257211@judi.business>

Reminder: Something went wrong on November 04, 2019 [PPC-002-147-831]
    To: reminder@mail.paypal.com

Dear Customer .

Remember , you still need to take action to restore your PayPal account. Until you do, your access is limited.

What do I need to do ?

Log in to your PayPal account and complete the steps required to re-secure your account.

If you have further questions or need to contact us please click Contact at the bottom of any PayPal page .

Sincerely ,

PayPal

• IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning, well not much is new. Going to go and vote early before George goes to work this way we can do it together. Yea Ed I wouldn't log on to that either .Take care everyone
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning all.
    Ed, good job catching that...always good to be careful with email and phone calls. It's horrible that there are so many scammers out there.
    Jan, it is nice to have a small flowering bush in the house (I have my hibiscus). ;)
    Good for you for going to vote, Irene. We don't have elections this year in Maryland.
    Off to stained glass and clay group today. My busy day.
    Happy Tuesday, everyone. 🦊

• parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! Vote! If you can't find anyone to vote FOR, then vote AGAINST someone! Not a lot else on the agenda today.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

• Buttons61
    Options
    We are having a nice couple days. I am needing to do some cleaning. A friend is coming over Friday and we are going to the Gary Allen concert in Montgomery. To find a parking place close, well, we just have to go to dinner too which hopefully will put us there early enough for a good spot. She is spending the night, so we are having a senior sleepover with food and movies!! There is some fun repeats as I am here in my dotage, lol... :D
    Other than that it is quiet this week. For which I am thankful! This was the first time I have not voted in an election. I really did not know the candidates unless they were in office. No democrat ever wins down here, so things are a foregone conclusion. I think one seat was actually won by a democrat in the last election. I do not vote for a party, just who I think will do a better job. Just did not know the candidates this time..my bad...
    Hi Jo and Val! Miss you guys and hope all is well!! This month is just speeding by!! Take care all!! <3
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning, Jan here in NJ it is the opposite . Not sure yet who won but I did my part. Today I go to Deborah hospital then the rest of the day I am free probably will take Annie for a walk. Yesterday our weather was beautiful it hit 60 .Vix never knew that different states have different times to vote I always thought everyone voted the same time. take care everyone have an awesome Wednesday
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning all.
    These are the states that hold big general elections this year:
    "Voters in Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, New Jersey and Virginia will elect either a whole slew of state lawmakers or a governor and other statewide executives."
    Most other states hold their elections the same time as the federal voting. It's important to vote. If we want the country run by the people instead of the corporations, you need to make you voice heard. It's really needed now if you want to hold on to our democracy.
    Have fun with your sleepover, Jan!
    Ed and Irene...good for you for getting out there to vote.
    I'm off to the dentist this morning. It's my daughter's anniversary....9 years already!
    Happy Wednesday, everyone. 🦊
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! I do need to get out today for cat food and some other groceries. On a short walk yesterday, I noticed that a couple of the neighbors were enjoying a late picnic lunch of squirrel tartare.

If you think they are dining like a couple of vultures...well, they ARE but I don't think we can hold that against them, since they are, in fact, a couple of vultures. LOL.

cj26h4dfpd9x.png

• Buttons61
    Options
    Good morning!
    Great pictures, Ed . I am surprised the vultures did not fly away. Does this make you a vulture whisperer..?Certainly not something you see everyday! Appreciate knowing about the Paypal scam too. I would like to think I would not fall for that...but sometimes they are so clever at disguising themselves.
    Just a pretty morning to clean, sit out with May May and enjoy the sunshine. We are supposed to turn colder on the weekend and a few days later..frost again and maybe a freeze. We all must change clothes 2-3 times a day down here with 30 and 40 degrees difference in a day.
    The time change is starting to get to me. I go to bed at the same time which is late at around 0130. But now I am waking at the crack of dawn, which is not quite enough sleep. When I got up (too early!) this morning everything was just blazing in sunshine. As it turns out the sun comes brightly shining thru my back door and illuminates the entire house! Previously, this happened after I was up, but with the time change it is early. I was all for going back to sleep. But May wasn't. Dogs...you got to love em!! Guess I need to go to bed earlier!!
    Enjoy the day!! :)
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning, well today I don't have any plans just the regular stuff exercise and walk Annie and of course house work . Ed that is a picture . Vix we live in a democratic state and they keep voting the same people in and then complain about how bad they are ,so instead of voting for the right people they vote party lines oh well. Jan I have been having the same problem with Annie she still wakes up an hour earlier . take care everyone.
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning all.
    Hope everyone is enjoying the cool weather
    I agree Irene...people need to think and read and see what's happening, not just blindly follow a party. They need to see news from different sources and be able to understand when it's based on facts and law, and when it's not. They need to understand that it's for everyone, not just one group in this country...we need to pull together, not apart.
    Anyway, off the soapbox.
    I'm off to drawing and painting class this morning.
    Wishing everyone a happy Thursday. 🦊
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! It should be a pleasant day, as far as temperature, but I see 90% chance of precipitation too. I don't have to go anywhere today, and we need the rain, so I hope we get it. Maybe the cats will let me nap today. Yesterday, they let me nap for nearly an hour and decided that was enough, though I had hoped for a bit longer. LOL.

• parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday! We did get a decent amount of rain yesterday and overnight. Today is supposed to be cool, with no chance of precipitation. My local bank was recently devoured by another bank, and I think I have worked out all the kinks following the transition. I have scheduled my last test of that for overnight tonight, but anticipate no problem with it.

I might get out to Kroger today for a few things, and may pick up lunch if so, while out. And I need to get some of Mike's tomato gravy with pork started in a slow cooker! I think it would go nicely over a small serving of pasta.

And, of course, I need to feed these POOR, STARVING CATS that are clearly not exactly wasting away but you can't convince them of that. LOL.

• eku0
    Options
    Good morning all.
    We got rain last night too. And it's just plain cold this morning. Freezing overnight and 33 at the moment. Only going into the 40s today.
    We will be going out with friends this evening. Looking forward to that. It's been a while.
    My thoughts are with Mike today as they lay Roger in his final resting place. May he rest in peace.
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning, Vix I was going to mention about Roger thank you . I did send a e-mail to Mike I am sure it is still hard , I believe it is Roger's birthday .I remember Mike saying something about it. Well I finally lost the 2 pounds I gained over the last couple of weeks. Vix enjoy your time out with your friends. Ed good luck with getting the bank stuff all figured out. no real plans for today George took the day off so we plan on getting some stuff done like grocery shopping , clothes at the cleaners to pick up. take care everyone