Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,311 Member
    First picture is the driveway (and deep side gaps) while it was curing) and you can see the yard on one side is considerably higher than the new driveway level. Wouldn't have wanted a wheel to slip into one of those gaps!
    Today they fixed all that!

ylcw1tc91w4x.png

kqiwzflwcsi9.png

5w2rn1h98916.png

41qjs18dlxfl.png
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,161 Member
    good morning, well Ed you have to be happy to have the work done. Yesterday it rained all day and this morning on our walk it was almost 60 but I will take it sure beats 30 degrees. I did get some of our packages mailed yesterday today I will finish mailing the rest . Need to get some Christmas cards mailed. I did get on the treadmill and did 5 miles it has been awhile since I did 5 .well take care everyone
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,367 Member
    Good morning.
    Mostly rain yesterday and today.
    Irene, time is flying by. I managed to write out my holiday cards yesterday, but not ready to mail yet. Will finish up tonight. Good job on the 5 miles!
    Ed, nice to have your driveway finished.
    I'm off to stained glass and clay group today.
    Happy Tuesday, everyone. :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! I need to give Lilo her shot but she's happy in my lap right now, so that can wait. My phone will remind me later, so I won't forget. Usually I take care of that first thing in the morning, but sometimes get distracted by other things like getting my pot of tea started and silly things like eating breakfast.

I never did get out to the store yesterday, but may get out today. We'll see...

Day 10's wine calendar entry is from France.

f6tg45erh4mt.png

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• IreneMurman
    good morning, well it is snowing here but I don't think it will stick on the roads. My plans for today is to go to Deborah hospital that's pretty much it hope everyone has a great day
  • parityanimal
    edited December 2019
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! For the first time in months, I was able to easily roll the garbage and recycle bins down to the curb, with a driveway that isn't crunchy and bumpy. I really appreciated that, let me tell you! I am expecting a case of wine today so can't go anywhere, as I have to sign for that.

I do have some concerns about the delivery as the last two FedEx packages for J haven't been delivered yet. One of them seems to have disappeared to some depot that may be in Texas and the other has been "out for delivery" twice now and is currently "scheduled for delivery" today (but not listed as "out for delivery") and was, supposedly, attempted on Sunday but the claim is that no one was available to sign. Well we were both home all day Sunday and would have heard the doorbell if it rang. There was no orange tag left on the door either, so if they attempted delivery it was not here at our house.

My case of wine is, naturally, being delivered by FedEx so I am keeping my fingers crossed that FedEx can get their shiitake together and actually deliver a thing or three to our house!

Day 11 in the wine calendar brings me back to California.

hyoxde5jrg3e.png

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    Hope you get your packages, Ed!
    We had a dusting of snow overnight, and the sun is shining now, so it's kind of pretty, roads are totally clear. It's 31 degrees with a high of 37 expected today....winter.
    I need to get my holiday cards out today, and catch up on some (lots of!) housework, maybe a trip to the library later. We'll see, can always put that off to tomorrow.
    Happy Wednesday, everyone. :)
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, Ed I hope you get your packages today . I am still waiting on one for the children at church hope it gets here soon. Today I am going to Trenton to do some shopping and to have lunch with a girl friend take care everyone.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! Will probably have to go and pick up my package at the depot today. Meanwhile, I have the first load of laundry going.

Day 12's surprise entry in the wine calendar is an extra festive bottle of bubbly. It's not Champagne, but it IS from France.

4tlykaet24wd.png

• parityanimal
    Thursday Throwback!

I don't have a date on this one but it looks like I would have been in my late 30s or early 40s. When I let my hair get that long, I would have natural "Shirley Temple" curls.

cj1msvgbqao1.png
  • eku0
    Good morning all.
    Ed, I have naturally curly hair too. I'm keeping it ironed for the winter!
    Irene, I hope you get your packages soon too.
    I'm off to painting and drawing class this morning.
    Have a nice day, everyone. :)
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Good morning all!
    It has just been busy! Friday and Sat. I cooked for church on Sunday. Monday I had to go to the base for refill meds. The new system is its own malfunction junction, but I will get it straight eventually. It mostly entails old people making multiple trips instead of one, and dividing things up. Great for a pharmacy, but hard on the consumer. However, I do appreciate our benefits promised, be they dwindling ever so slowly! :# Tuesday was an eye appointment, and Weds. I mailed some packages.Today I must get out for some packing for a church gift, and deliver. Tonite is dinner and my grandkids school Christmas show. We are being fed before the show. Kind of cool. My ballet granddaughter is 10 or eleven..I forget, Jo. Old timers! It has been so crazy!!
    Irene, sounds like you do so much for your church!! I know they appreciate it! Great curls Ed! Mine gets frizzy with humidity, and there is a lot down here! Your driveway looks great! Looks like a pretty neighborhood! I am loving seeing your wines, almost as much as you drinking them!! I love the moscato wines. I can not drink often due to meds..but every now and then I treat myself! Jo, you do always seem like you have the greatest fun on your days off!! Vix, Enjoy the days in this up and down weather for everyone. Just covered some plants, and will uncover for the rains and warmer temps, before I cover again for the arctic blasts. Apparently I will be doing this all 'winter', such as we have it! My dog has hurt her back leg chasing squirrels again, so no ball playing for a bit and rest. She is not a happy camper! Hoping I can stay home Friday. Seems forever since I had that kind of day!! And my house looks it!! :D
    Take care all! Careful on the streets and shoveling..for the shovelers!! <3
  • parityanimal
    Today's wine "delivery" which I had to pick up. On the box was a note, presumably written by the driver, that the address was blocked by construction. I will grant that, as you approach from the north, it may look like the address is blocked, as there are a lot of orange and white barrels along our side of the street.

But if you actually come on down and look at our driveway, it can easily be seen that the address is most definitely NOT blocked. FedEx needs to teach their drivers to pay better attention.

At any rate, this crate of wine is supposed to be for partying with friends through the 12 days of Christmas.

The 12 days of Christmas start on Christmas day, but my wine club seems to be of the somewhat modern (and incorrect) belief that the 12 days of Christmas start on December 13 and go through Christmas.

Either way, I am not partying 12 days in a row to that extent. If I were 21 years old, maybe...but at my age, that's a big "nope" there.

They have three of the wines in the list slightly mis-labeled too, but that's not a big deal. They all look good to me.

Number 1 is not pure Tempranillo, but a Monastrell/Tempranillo blend. I have had this one before and it is excellent.

Number 2 is also not pure Tempranillo, but a Tempranillo/Syrah blend. And it's a full litre, rather than the usual 750 ml. I have not had this one before, but have had similar blends before and look forward to this one.

Number 7 is not a Tempranillo/Monastrell blend, but is actually a pure Monastrell. I like Monastrell, but have not had this particular one before. I look forward to the experience.

I have enjoyed some of the others before and there are a few that I have not had before. I feel sure I will enjoy them all.

ye63r1pqa83o.png

84w9ogxtbh5a.png
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, Well Ed it looks like you will be having fun drinking the wine . I don't drink any more but when I did I drank wine .I went and finished my Christmas shopping .All my nieces and nephew is getting money so it is so much easier . Yesterday went and did some shopping and then had lunch with a friend I actually meet her 13 years ago at the dog park and just became really good friends. I had salmon it was so good we try to get together every couple of months. Jan you really do a lot for your church I am sure they love all the cooking. No big plans for today will be doing some food shopping that is about it take care everyone
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fantastic Friday! Rainy at the moment. I woke up at 5 and knew I wasn't getting back to sleep so I am finishing up the laundry I started yesterday. I have eaten and am on my second mug of hot tea now.

Not much on the agenda today. If it's not too rainy, a trip to a grocery for a thing or two.

Day 13 of the wine calendar is this Merlot from Chile.

s0ve6h3s05cr.png

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    Jan and Irene....you both do so much with your churches!!! I guess it's even busier this time of year. Jan, I'm sure watching the grandkids Christmas show was a lot of fun! Irene, always nice to meet up with friends.
    Ed, you sound like a true oenophile! Enjoy your wine!!!
    I had a girls night out with 2 friends last night. They decided it was my birthday celebration, which was really nice. I got presents and everything. I had a delicious chocolate espresso martini, salmon capellini, and we shared a piece of tiramisu for desert. Put me over by about 400 calories for yesterday!!!! My scale was not happy.
    Anyway, it's a new day.
    Nothing special planned for today. I think I might want to take a hot soak in the tub, and my husband has an order to pick up at a store in Frederick, so we'll probably go there later. I'm getting a cold...drippy nose...hope I can knock that out quickly.
    Happy Friday, everyone. :)
  • IreneMurman
    good Saturday morning, well it is still raining here it started yesterday and it looks like we are going to have rain all day. We are going to the catholic store today and then church so not a lot going on I do plan on getting on the treadmill before I go . vix glad you enjoyed yourself out with your girlfriends it is always nice to see friends. take care everyone
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday! Cool today, with only 10% chance of rain. Yesterday was just awful, weatherwise. Cold, damp, misty and drizzly all day, capped off with real rain overnight. At least by the time the real rain came along, it was late enough that most businesses and schools were closed and the majority of people had a chance to get home. Of course, being a Friday night, I am sure that there were people out and about in it anyway.

Maybe today I will actually get out for those few groceries.

Day 14 in the wine calendar presents this wine from France.

dt1qtzbvoeai.png

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    It was rainy all day yesterday and last night, so no chance of seeing the meteor showers.
    Rainy, misty, foggy again this morning. My cold is giving me a headache, so may slow me down a bit today. Have some things to do around the house and some errands to run.
    Irene, sounds like a busy church day.
    Ed, enjoy your wine.
    Hi Val, Jo, and Jan...Pirate?
    Happy Saturday, everyone.
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good evening;
    I just caught up on everyone's posts.
    Ed-Glad your driveway is finished. Enjoy your wine!
    Vix-I hope you feel better soon.
    Irene-Kudos on 5 miles on the treadmill!
    Jan-sounds like you had a busy week. I hope you get some me time soon.
    Hi Val-hope you are well.
    I decided to get a remote start for my car. Come to find out I have a problem with my car push button start and the key fob.
    So I have spent this week back and forth at the car dealer and the remote start place.
    I now have to have the remote start people take out the parts they put in and then go back to the dealer, so they can fix my car. I am a little stressed over this.
    Tomorrow is a do nothing day and destress.
    Have a pleasant evening.