Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,311 Member
    edited November 2019
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday! And...there is a post-Thanksgiving Thanksgiving party tonight. Just what I need. I haven't even finished with all my Thanksgiving leftovers yet, though I have made a significant dent in them. I am bringing a small casserole of broccoli au gratin that I bought at the grocery. It just occured to me that I could also make a noodle casserole, using most (or all) the remaining leftover turkey and/or ham...hmmm. Something to ponder as I drink my morning tea. I would be bringing a vegetarian dish, in the broccoli casserole, regardless.

But I generally like to have just about enough Thanksgiving leftovers to see me through most of the meals during the weekend so I can have a really lazy weekend and not cook much. So I may save the turkey and ham for that, and then, if any is still left, make that noodle casserole (smaller) for me to eat in the first part of the week.

It's hard to believe that today is the last day of November! Tomorrow I open the first panel in my Advent wine calendar, to see what kind of wine I will be drinking with dinner for the first night of December. It has 24 small bottles of wine, each just about right for one person. I guess a couple could share and each have a pretty small glass of wine, if desired. Luckily(?) I am married to a non-wine drinker! I get the wine all to myself. J has been known to, very rarely, sip a little sweet (blech!) wine, but I am really the wino...er wine drinker in this household, and prefer dry wines, especially reds. If I encounter a bottle of sweet (blech!) wine in the calendar and am not home alone that night, J might get some wine.

OK, I can take a little sweet (blech!) wine on occasion, but not very much as, then, it will spike my blood glucose and give me a headache unless accompanied by a decent amount of protein and fat, in a meal, and still limit that wine to a small glass or, at most, two small glasses. They can be combined into one medium glass I suppose.

I will have to open the compartments on the morning of each corresponding day, to see if the wine for the day needs to be chilled or can be served at room temperature. If it needs to be chilled, I can just pop it into the refrigerator for the day. If not, I will set in on the counter as an inspiration for dinner.

Any glass with wine in it is a wine glass.

:)
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,367 Member
    edited November 2019
    Good morning all.
    Today is mostly cloudy, currently in the 30s with a high of 42 expected. No special plans.
    Sorry you had to work, Jo. Good for you for going on a 3 mile walk!
    Ed, your wine calendar sounds like fun. I like a little sweetness to my wine, except champagne...I like that very dry.
    I need to pick up some probiotics and may stop off at the library today.
    I've got all kinds of celebrations coming up. This is a hard time of year to watch my diet, but I'll do my best in between all the partying!
    Wishing you all a wonderful Saturday! :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday! It's 62 with an expected high of 62 and 10% chance of precipitation. The temperature will start plummeting this afternoon though.

The wine calendar begins TODAY! Tonight's wine is now in the refrigerator, as it needs to be chilled.

f9k727xvi2kj.png

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    It' in the 30s and raining this morning. High of 45 expected for today.
    No special plans for today.
    oh what fun! Enjoy your wine, Ed. :)
    Happy Sunday, Happy December, everyone. :smiley:
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,161 Member
    good morning , well our tree is up now I now need to finish decorating the rest of the house . We are suppose to see freezing rain and snow between today and tomorrow hope everyone has a great day
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good evening;
    It was snowing here earlier and we are in for some nasty weather overnight and into tomorrow. I am glad I don't have to go anywhere tomorrow.
    Ed-enjoy your wine. I am not a wine drinker, it gives me a headache.
    Irene-I put up my decorations yesterday and the tree today.
    Hi Vix, Jan and Val.
    Yesterday I went to the gym and ran 2 miles on the treadmill for the first time ever. I did it in 30 minutes. Unfortunately I forgot my watch, so I didn't record any exercise for yesterday.
    I have an apple watch and I have it linked to the gym so my workouts are recorded.
    I took today off from the gym, but will go tomorrow and I hope to run another 2 miles.
    If I can increase my running miles, I plan to join the running club at the gym.
    Have a great evening. :)
  • eku0
    Jo, you can record your exercise on my fitness pal directly.
    You're doing great with the exercise! Congrats on running 2 miles! :)
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, wow jo that's awesome the running club sounds great. Well our weather here is raining but we might get snow tonight. Tonight I have a Christmas party to go to so I am hoping the snow doesn't start until I get home Val and Jan hope you guys are ok Hi vex and Ed
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday! Cool today but not too terrible. I may get out to buy some groceries.

Tonight's day 2 wine calendar selection is from Australia. It should go nicely with my dinner.

wt9dknclgjjk.png

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Happy Birthday, Vix! I hope you have a wonderful day!
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    Thanks, Jo...I'm off for an acupuncture appt. My husband gave me a beautiful card and a perfect little copper and silver ring. (I've been loving copper lately!) I'm sure I'll hear from the kids later, and we'll be going out to brunch on Sunday.
    Enjoy your wine, Ed.
    Irene, it's raining here too. Enjoy your Christmas party later!
    Have a great day, everyone. :)
  • parityanimal
    Kiara greets you with:
    vn-
    o,..-mnwt,v7a6DbbbbbbbbbbbwmD
    Just thought you would want to know,
    (I forgot to lock my computer before dinner)
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Good morning!
    Glad everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! My son's meal was scrumptious, with the best gravy ever. I really need to get back on track though..and have not yet pulled it off. I finished turkey leftovers today. I had meals and sandwiches, but never had enough to make my turkey casserole I make. My son packed us leftovers as he bought a 29 lbs. turkey. I swear it was as big as my youngest granddaughter! .He makes herb dressing, but I also had bought and made a very small turkey for some myself with cornbread dressing. I love both. The kids wanted to play some card games so we did that, and also played "Pie in the Face". That was hilarious! There is a crank with an arm that holds whipped cream. You have to spin and crank the number you spin , which inches the arm closer to your face. My son and daughter in laws and granddaughter all spined ones and a two. Never set it off. I spun a 5 of course, but it did not get me. My oldest grand daughter got it in the face on her first crank, as she followed me. We are so cultured!! LOL! We played till everyone got it, and the cream was delicious too! The rest of the week was just quiet and I enjoyed at home. I do need to get busy tomorrow though.
    I would not go out on Black Friday if someone paid me extra!! I did go out Sunday for dinner with a friend. This time of the year goes too quickly!!
    I enjoyed the pictures and everyone's posts! Glad you were off Jo. Love the calendar, Ed.I am not much of a drinker, but I like sweet wine! Everyone take care in the weather. Looks a bit rough here and there. Luckily we went from 80 degrees to 73 to 40. That was our biggest hardship. I saw lots of people were losing power. And so cold!!
    Take care everyone!! Happy Holiday Time!! :)
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, vix happy birthday ! Jan it sounds like you had an awesome time with your family. Wow you had a big jump in your weather it is still trying to snow here but it still is not sticking. Ed looks like the cat wanted to be included in . well take care all hi val
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! I woke up at 6:00. I got the call (finally!) late yesterday afternoon that my new glasses are ready so I will go and pick those up later this morning. While I am out, I guess I will do the needed grocery shopping and make sure I have plenty to last until the weekend.

They are scheduled to pour a new driveway on Thursday and I won't be able to use it until Saturday, at the earliest. I COULD park across the street before they pour it, but I think I can handle a couple of days without the use of my vehicle. In a pinch, Walgreen's, Aldi, Publix, and Target are all within walking distance.

Today's day 3 wine calendar entry is from Italy. As it should be served chilled, it is residing in the refrigerator now, until dinner time.

lpgd8q27cchi.png

• eku0
    HI all.
    Ed, yay for your glasses being done...so far I've liked all your wine selections, Shiraz and Pinot Grigio are 2 of my favorites.
    Thanks for the birthday wishes. It was a very nice day. :)
    Irene, I hope your weather stays pretty good.
    Jan, that sounds like quite a Thanksgiving! It's in the 30s and 40s here, but we've lucked out without snow, just some rain.
    Val, I hope you're ok, and had a nice holiday.
    Hi Jo!
    I had my busy day today...stained glass, clay, and to the supermarket.
    Have a great evening, everyone. :)
  • parityanimal
    The new look:

ddtibyj14wb5.png
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! It's pretty cold now, but supposed to get to a pretty nice temperature later. I have been up for a while, but busy with this and that. Not a lot on the agenda today.

The day 4 entry in the wine calendar is from Merlot, from Chile. I think I will enjoy this one.

kvb9memy6i1w.png

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    Nice new glasses, Ed.
    35 and cloudy here at the moment, expected high of 45.
    I may go out to TJ Maxx this a.m., and we need to clean some ice out of the bottom of our frost free fridge/freezer this afternoon....I think maybe the drain is clogged. Not fun. Oh well.
    Wishing you all a happy Wednesday. :)
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Lows in the upper 30's, but beautiful sunshine and in the 60's. Lovely weather.. Vix, especially not fun cleaning a frost free fridge! But oh, remember the days before they invented them?? Hope it is just the drain!! Ed, your glasses look great! Very Airy! The wine calendar is sure making me smile..Love it!! Do you have any Asti Spumante wine in your area? Every now and then I can find Asti Cinzano ..Maybe I am too old and they do not make it anymore, lol!! Jo, bet you are working harder than usual in these weeks! Hope you get time to enjoy this time too. Irene, sounds like waves of snow and rain and anything in between for everyone north as the fronts move thru! Is anyone else rather annoyed they name fronts now like they do hurricanes ?? There are so many I can not keep them in my mind. I liked when they just moved thru, I knew it, and they were done, lol... :D Val, was traveling and that went fine..
    Trying somewhat unsuccessfully to get on track here.. though each day gets a little better.A new medicine is really helping my muscles and nerve pain..That is exciting!! I want to do some Tai Chi.
    I am supposed to be cleaning and working on Christmas..It is a slow process though I am making a little progress!! Enjoy the day all!! <3