Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,311 Member
    edited December 2019
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! Merry Christmas to those who celebrate Christmas! It's going to be warm and sunny here.

I need to get the ham in the oven about...10ish I think. The scalloped potatoes and the green bean casserole can go in with the ham, just quite a bit later timewise. And that is the meal. Dessert will be frozen cheesecake with, perhaps, home made blueberry topping.

I am trying to keep things simple, especially since I will be dining alone and don't have to put extra vegetarian dishes out for vegetarian protein.

The first wine in the sparkling wine New Year countdown calendar is from Italy.

sauq580gxxs8.png

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,367 Member
    Good morning all.
    Jan, thanks for letting us know Val is ok...was starting to worry. I hope your Christmas Eve gathering was wonderful.
    Val, safe travels...enjoy your well deserved vacation!
    Ed, we're having a quiet day too. I will finish wrapping presents, make my shopping list for our celebration on Friday, and whatever. My husband took out a small roast for dinner...red meat is a treat. ;)
    Irene and Jo...have a great day!
    Hugs, everyone!
    source.gif

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Merry Christmas!
    Wishing everyone a wonderful day!
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,161 Member
    Merry Christmas
  • parityanimal
    Ah, quiet, peaceful Christmas dinner is done and the leftovers put away. The ham bone (with a LOT of ham still on it) is in the freezer to go into my New Year black eyed peas. Some of the leftover sliced ham may make it to the freezer too, as I don't really expect our guest to want to eat in all that much. On the other hand, when she smells ham and eggs cooking for my breakfasts, she may want in on that!

I will finish off the green bean casserole over the next few days home meals and the others may help finish off the potatoes. I have another cheesey potato casserole (shredded potatoes) and some mac and cheese, along with a broccoli gratin, all ready to bake. And, I have some boiled eggs, ready to make into deviled eggs. Most of that is planned for New Year's day, as I expect to need more vegetarian protein and sides for that. I would be fine with just my black eyed peas, ham, collard greens, and cornbread, all of which I WILL be eating that day.

f3l4waipf36m.png

ennx24kl0vfs.png
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    I hope everyone had a good day yesterday. I ate way too much. I am not getting on the scale today.(maybe tomorrow) :#:#
    No plans for today, just relaxing.
    Enjoy your day! :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! It's going to be another warm day here, at least for this time of year.

Breakfast this morning was my usual favorite for Boxing Day. Ham, eggs, and toast. I might get out to Kroger today.

Today's sparkling wine from the New Year countdown calendar is from France. I generally like this varietal, but have never had it sparkling or dem-sec, so this one should be interesting. I generally prefer my wine dry. And gee...do you think they could have made this label any more pink? It looks like early Valentine's Day!

li0qbfgpboag.png

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    Ed, I like that bottle! Looks very festive. :smiley:
    I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! It's good we get to feast once in a while. Keeps us on our toes!
    I have some last minute shopping and some do-ahead cooking to do today for our celebration tomorrow.
    It's 29 and sunny at the moment going to a high of 51 and partly cloudy today.
    Have a great day, everyone. :)
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, jo I am with you I am staying off the scale I don't even want to think how bad I did. vix enjoy your celebration tomorrow. ed enjoy your wine pretty bottle hi val and jan
  • parityanimal
    edited December 2019
    Howdy all y'all. It's fantastic Friday! It should be another warm day, with 10% chance of precipitation today. I completed the final(?) move of the mailbox yesterday. I could have asked the contractors doing the sidewalk work to do that, when they come back to work, but I wanted a very specific placement, right up against the sidewalk, and a very specific depth. I figured...if you want it done right...and besides, it was good exercise.

After I finished that, and had some leftovers for lunch, I went out to four grocery stores. Two of them were Publix. One was Kroger, and the other was Aldi. And I picked up some canned cat food at PetSmart. Then I cleaned house a bit because we were expecting company. I had to pick her up at the MARTA station, and then we waited for J who was late driving back from Kentucky, due to traffic issues. We had a late supper at Waffle house, shared my little pink wrapped bottle of sparkling wine, and after chatting for a while and watcing all the cats running around like lunatics (J was back home AND we had company! Very exciting!) I went to bed.

This morning's breakfast was a rare treat, but something I always try to work in with leftover Christmas ham. Ham and Swiss on Pumpernickel with salad dressing and spicy brown mustard. AND POTATO CHIPS. The potato chips were the real rare treat, as I just don't have those often at all.

fhomyxosjwyo.png

Today's wine from the New Year countdown calendar is in a blue bottle.

zhcriobbnevq.png

• parityanimal
    My REAL Champagne was delivered this morning. Much to my surprise, it was just left at the door. The driver could get in trouble for that, as it is supposed to require an adult signature. Maybe he saw me through a window as he was coming up, and decided to just sign for me. Pretty sure he is an adult, after all. LOL.

fo0xhumrfrrm.png
  • eku0
    Good morning all.
    Made applesauce and cheesecake yesterday. Will make cole slaw, vegetarian lentil soup and latkes today. Will decorate a bit and put out some appetizers and drinks, and will be ready for company. Guests are bringing mac and cheese, donuts, fruit, beer. I also have cookies and chocolate coins and wine. Sounds like an odd assortment to me, but it should work! ;)
    Cloudy and in the 50s today.
    The wine looks good, I like Brut Champagne, extra dry.
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Hello!!
    It is cold and drizzly here, thought it was going to be fairly sunny and warm...Not!! I was going to remove all the coverings to a more inside location tonite based on the weather report which was 20% rain, and prepping for rain Sat and Sunday. They are soaked and I will need them for a freeze again on Monday nite. I cannot win!! Guess I need to wash and dryer them! :D
    Ed, all your dishes look so good..makes me hungry. Glad you got your mailbox fixed and doing it yourself was wise.. :)
    Vix, I think your food selections will make an excellent buffet!! Wish I was there!! :)
    Hi Jo and Irene! Hope you are enjoying these days and having some restful spells! I love this time as things slow down. Sorry Jo, that is probably not true for you!! <3 Val, hope you are having a great time!!!
    I should go to the store, but I think I will bake a small batch of Christmas cookies instead!! You know..A diet portion!!
    Take care all!! <3 Jan
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    Vix-Your choice of food sounds yummy!
    Jan-It has been gray and rainy here too.
    Ed-I have been having ham and cheese on rye, no chips, for lunch also. I bought the smallest ham possible, but still have a lot left. I may have to freeze some.
    Val-I hope you are enjoying your time away.
    Hi Irene.
    Wish me luck today, I am going to get the remote start put in my car.
    Have a great day! :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's simply Saturday! It should be another warm day. I need to get to an auto parts store for a bulb. One of my front headlights is out. I will actually replace them both so they will match in color and luminosity.

Breakfast today was oatmeal with blueberries and cream. Ham (of course) as a side protein, and a few tiny cubes of good white cheddar. I thought of having another ham and Swiss on Pumpernickel, but decided on oatmeal as a better carb for this morning, as my fasting blood glucose was on the high side at 130. Too much fun yesterday, I guess, though my readings were fine throughout the day. I did take in a bit more food than I have been eating, so that must have been stored up for release this morning to prepare me for the hard morning's work that isn't actually going to happen. I am doing laundry though!

61qtnlbwj3om.png

• IreneMurman
    good morning, well back on track I over eat everything I put on a couple of pounds so now I need to take them off I did get on the treadmill the last couple of days but today I did get to do 5 miles.no big plans for today just mass tonight. vix your celebration sounds nice. take care everyone
  • eku0
    Good morning all.
    Our party last night was so much fun. :) The food did turn out yummy, and the company was wonderful.
    Jo...best of luck with your car!!!
    Ed, your breakfast sounds good. Enjoy your sparkling rose! I've been cutting up an apple and adding frozen blueberries and sometimes some cinnamon and microwaving it for a nice warm breakfast.
    Jan, hope your weather has improved. It's mostly sunny here today...in the 40s with a high of 57 expected. Balmy for December in MD!
    Hope you're getting some good relaxing in, Irene.
    Val, hope you're enjoying your vacay!
  • eku0
    Good morning all.
    Rainy today with a high of 49, warmer expected tomorrow, 66...that's crazy warm for winter here.
    Thinning our plants this morning. Thinking about taking some of the larger ones to the Senior Center if they want them. They are starting to overwhelm our house!
    It should be a nice quiet day today.
    Hope you all can relax and enjoy the day. :)
  • IreneMurman
    hi all, I had to do some food shopping today plus we took Annie for a nice long walk and then I got on the treadmill only did 2 1/2 miles but its something. Not too sure if we are going to do any thing this afternoon it is trying to rain here and it is about 50 out side but it is chilly but that's warm for us also vix. your party sounded nice glad you had a good time well annie needs something so gotta go. jo hope your car remote is good take care everyone
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. Waving from the hospital. I was admitted late last night with chest pain. They are sure it is NOT a heart attack, but pericarditis. I may get to go home tomorrow.