Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,367 Member
    Aw, Jo, so sorry about Vinny. Hugs.

I'm glad you're feeling a bit better, hope the spine doc can help relieve the rest of it. Must be really hard to get any sleep like that.
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,312 Member
    Not all that into the superb owl, so I had superb chicken for Sunday dinner instead. :)

Along with some home made jalapeño cornbread dressing, chicken gravy, and buttered peas.

tfnbwr6ejfi4.png
  • parityanimal
    edited February 2020
    So sorry about Vinny. It's never easy.

Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday! It's supposed to get quite warm today, with no chance of precipitation. I need to get out for a few things and perhaps see about getting my second round on the Shingrix vaccination. And I need to catch Lilo soon for her fluid treatment.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good afternoon;
    Thanks for the condolences.
    I went to the chiropractor this morning. I have hardly any pain now and am able to move my neck better. I still have numbness in my fingers.
    Ed-Your dinner looks yummy!
    I hope everyone is doing well.
    Have a good afternoon.

• eku0
    Hi all,
    So glad you are feeling better, Jo.
    Ed, it's warm here too. It went up to 62 this afternoon and sunny. My husband and I went for a walk in the park in Frederick. The weather is perfect for walking.
    Happy Monday, everyone. :)
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,161 Member
    hi everyone, Jo I am so very sorry sending prayers and hugs .I think we all know the pain of loosing a fur baby. Our weather here is beautiful it is almost 60 I will take it George took today off which is nice we got Annie out for an afternoon walk which she really doesn't want to go anymore ,we have no problems in the morning she just doesn't want to go in the afternoon. Did any one watch the game last night ? I thought it was a great game didn't care for the half time I felt that was not something a younger child should see, but that is just my opinion. Jo glad the pain is getting better take care everyone
  • eku0
    Hi Irene, I only half watched the game last night. It looked like a good game. I was reading so really didn't pay attention. Halftime show didn't seem like anything special....interesting costume. I guess I didn't see most of it. It is a beautiful day here too. Nice that George took off so you could spend some outdoor time together.
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Hello!
    Jo I am so sorry about Vinney. It is so very hard. Amazing how we feel them with us even after for a while. <3

It's 75 here and beautiful. I never seem to get around to planting bulbs. If I had them, I guess they would be up.
    Irene, I am not sure anyone should have seen the half time show last nite, lol.. :D Unless they were at a strip club. I found the bondage in poor taste, and had enough of the crotch pulling and humping.. I thought the actual latin dancing great, should have done that more! I watched it on you tube because a friend was saying it went too far. Which is why I hardly watch cable anymore. Of course, that is just my opinion too, and being positioned in the bible belt for a little over 25 years. :#
    Hang in there everyone!!
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! It's quite warm today, with 40% chance of rain. I need to give Lilo her shot shortly, and eat my breakfast.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• IreneMurman
    good afternoon, getting on late had our meeting of the alter rosary club last night, still feel a little tired. Jan I thought the half time was in very bad taste 2 women that had so much talent such a waste .Our weather here is in the 50s but it has rained stopped now but I think it is suppose to rain most of the day. take care everyone
  • parityanimal
    edited February 2020
    I finally got my lab results back from my January 23 visit to my endocrinologist. All my numbers looked good, and in particular my A1c came back at a NON-DIABETIC level of 5.6.

This does not mean that I am not diabetic and it would still be a bad idea to eat a whole chocolate cake...but it does mean that, for now, my diabetes is very well managed!

:):):)
  • eku0
    edited February 2020

Glad your numbers are good, Ed.
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, Ed congrats on your numbers. I am off to visit the sick today hope you all have a great day
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! And it may be wet Wednesday, but the forecast is showing Thursday to be even wetter. There are a few things I could use from Kroger but maybe they can wait until Friday...

• eku0
    Hi all.
    Looks like rain in the forecast for the next 10 days...may get a break over the weekend. Guess mother earth is trying to clense herself with a shower. Corruption and pollution makes us sick.
    I hope for a good day.
    Thanks for the jokes, Ed.
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, rainy here looks like it is going to rain all day. take care everyone
  • eku0
    edited February 2020
    Good morning.
    Rainy here too...pretty much rainy or cloudy for the next 10 days.
    Off to painting class.
    Thanks for the jokes, Ed...liked the gas bag one!
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

It was a rainy night in Georgia.

I believe it's rainin' all over the world.

We have flash flood warnings and we are supposed to have thunder storms and rain all day and possibly well into the night, with the temperature falling tonight. Well, it IS Thor's day, so I suppose one might think it's appropriate.

Barring any sudden emergency, I don't plan to go anywhere today.

• Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Hello!!
    One of my favorite songs there, Ed! :) Sleepy as we had our alarms for weather and flooding going off. One fatality in western Al. due to straight line winds. I am afraid Georgia and the Carolinas may fair worse. My yard is quite flooded in spots and still raining. I think I have had more than 4 inches of rain. Hope everyone stays safe and fairly dry in spite of the weather. <3 Talk about a rainy pattern!!!
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fantastic Friday! A lot cooler today, but hopefully not so wet. I may get out for a grocery item or two.