Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,161 Member
    good morning , we had a great weekend went for lots of long weeks George was off yesterday so we took Annie for a nice walk in the bog ,it is a big place that they grow blueberries and cranberries. take care everyone
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,367 Member
    Good morning all.
    Sounds like a wonderful weekend, Irene. Is the bog a farm? Do they have paths through it? Do they sell the blueberries and cranberries in season?
    It's supposed to go up to 54 today with possible rain in the afternoon.
    I'm off to stained glass class and clay group today. And will probably stop by my daughter's house later for my grandson's birthday. :)
    Happy Tuesday, everyone. :)
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,312 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! It looks like it is going to be a rainy one. I need to get out to pick up some more fluid for Lilo's treatments, and it's almost time to get her some more Adequan for her Tuesday shot. I think I have enough to give her one more dose, next week, so I need to call and make sure they can get me another bottle. And it's about time to take Dinah in for her yearly stuff. It's always something!

Yesterday the front door cam caught the Easter bunny hopping around on the front walk.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

• Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Hello!!
    Sounds like everyone is doing well!! Jo, it is such a slow process but how wonderful to have the support of your boss! I hope you continue to improve! Ed, you stay awfully busy with all the animals!! How lucky they are!! Glad they are doing well!! Vix, I know you will have such a wonderful time for your Grandson' birthday!! How special!! They are just so much fun in those early years!! And for years after!! :# Irene, glad Annie and you all were able to walk. Walking in those bogs sound intriguing!!
    We are wet, wet and wet!! Today says it is 70, but in the house it is chilly as the heat does not cycle much. I am still recovering from Sunday small group, which seems to get harder and harder. One reason is I am just eating too much there and taking home things...we all do. I really need to revamp that day. I am unfortunately the only one there overweight. Just never ending...
    Hope you all stay warm and dry!! Enjoy the day!! <3
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, it was great on our walk this morning it was 49 we sure are having a mild winter. The bog has a lot of different with areas of water it is all dirt and sand so the walking is really nice and not too many people go there it is actually a nature walk they do have blueberry festival and cranberries at different times. Well today is Wednesday so I will be going to the hospital to visit the sick Jan I can imagine I would be the same way with the food .take care everyone vix enjoy your time with your grandson
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful wet Wednesday! Another rainy day here in Peachtree Corners, with flood warnings on many rivers and creeks. fortunately, it isn't too cold! I did get out in the rain yesterday, and picked up the bag of lactated Ringer fluid for Lilo, but that was ALL I picked up. Not a lot on the agenda today.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    Have been having a hard time getting into this website this a.m.
    Stay warm and dry, Jan!
    Irene, those bogs sound great. Blueberry festival must be fun. (I love blueberries!)
    Stay dry, Ed. Good that you got out yesterday for the necessities.
    My house was cleaned yesterday, so I just have some laundry to do today, and maybe a trip to the library, and maybe pick up some fruit while I'm out.
    Partly cloudy with a high of 47 today, then highs only in the 30s for the next 2 days. It's been a warm winter anyway.
    It was great seeing the family yesterday, my son and his wife were also at my daughter's house for our grandson's birthday. It was so cute. He was more interested in the candle than the cake! :)
    Happy Wednesday, everyone.
  • parityanimal
    I have been waiting for the rain to stop before I go to the grocery, but have plenty of staples on hand. Today was a "what can I make from dried beans" day so I found a recipe online for stewed Mayocoba beans and modified the method somewhat to slow cook it, and as a rare treat, made fried potatoes to go with it. Then I made first pass at making old fashioned cornflake chewies, that turned out pretty tasty, but too sticky. We ate a very small portion each, for dessert, and the rest is back in the refrigerator.

The bean recipe can be found here:

https://rufusguide.wordpress.com/2014/09/20/stewed-peruvian-beans/?unapproved=47438&moderation-hash=cec70821ab1fcdeccb6e782a579f9b27#comment-47438

iucoulnx67bn.png

v60za2yowxq1.png
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! I could hear the raindrops a'falling on the house when I got up. I hope to not be going anywhere today.

I finished Lilo off on the old bottle of fluid yesterday, and put the next setup together so that it's ready to start with the next 10 doses, one dose, three times a week.

We will have the leftover stewed Mayocoba beans for lunch today. It's nice to have that ready to heat and eat.

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    That looks like lots of carbs, Ed. Did you say J was vegan? Good vegan meal. ;)
    I had spaghetti squash last night.
    Off to painting/drawing class this morning.
    Happy Thursday, everyone. :)
  • parityanimal
    edited February 2020
    Well, I did have smallish portions of each. J is not vegan, but ovo-lacto vegetarian.

Tonight's "cook what you have" dinner was slow cooked pasta e fagioli, with a light sprinkle of grated 5 cheese blend.

cqtcnddlon4u.png
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, well had a busy day yesterday went and got my hair done hi lights and a trim my hair grows so fast. then went to lunch with my girl friend we went to red robin they actually have a grilled chicken salad that is like 300 calories which was perfect and it was good. Came home and got a phone call to tell me one of my friends fell and hit her head she had to get stitches hoping she is ok don't know any details hoping she is home. Ed that looks good . Vix your family get together sounded nice well take everyone hi Jan, Jo and Val
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday! It's cold this morning and there is a scary, bright yellow thing up in the sky that I can't look straight at. Whatever could it be? And why is the sky blue? It's been gray so long I don't think I remember anything else. LOL. I am sure the plants appreciate all the rain.

I need to get out to the grocery today. After I take Dinah to the vet for her annual stuff.

• eku0
    Good morning.
    Ed, the pasta fagioli looks really good. Yum. Ovo-lacto gives you a little more room for variety. I think about it. But haven't gotten there yet. Fruit and veggies are most of my diet, but I do throw in some lean protein and occasional cheese. Haha, I have a low tolerance for calories!
    Irene, nice! I'll bet your hair looks great, highlights are the best. Sounds like a very nice lunch with a friend. Hope your other friend is ok. Not good to hit one's head.
    I have an appt this afternoon with the DMV to get my "real id". My license doesn't expire until 2021, but I understand that we will need the "real id" for flights and in case you get pulled over in your car for any reason, and that will be effective in October. So, an extra $20, and I still have to get my license renewed in 2021.
    Other than that, will do some laundry and see what else the day brings.
    It's 19 degrees and sunny here, expected high of 38, then back into the 50s tomorrow.
    Happy Friday, everyone. :)
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good afternoon;
    Vix-I got my real ID last year. I went to AAA to get mine. It was so much easier than going to the DMV.
    It is 15 degrees this morning and it is now up to 30, by Sunday we will be in the 50's. It has been a relatively mild winter.
    Ed- your pasta fagioli looks really good.
    Irene-Is Annie feeling better? I hope your friend is ok, will keep her in my prayers.
    Jan-I feel for you, I know temptation and no will power well. It is always a struggle. I wish I had some words of wisdom for you.
    I am feeling much better, no pain at all. I still have numbness in my fingers. I hope it will go away eventually.
    Have a great day!

• IreneMurman
    good morning, Jo so glad your pain is gone. Hoping the numbness goes away. Annie seems to be ok she has slowed down on her afternoon walk but still real active on her morning walk. Vix I think it is crazy that you need to get a real id when illegals here in NJ are getting driving license I try to stay away from saying anything . Thanks for the prayers for my friend she is still in the hospital not sure how long she will be in there. take care
  • eku0
    Good morning all.
    Irene, glad Annie is doing better, and hope your friend will be ok.
    Jo, good to hear from you. So glad your pain is gone! My hands get numb from time to time. It's annoying. I hope that goes away for you too. The DMV actually wasn't too bad. I made an appt online, and when I got there, they had a separate line for appts...only 1 person in front of me. I probably only waited about 10-15 minutes to be called. It was simply showing my documents, answering a few questions and paying the fee. They will mail me my new DL.
    Hope you're enjoying the sunshine, Ed. ;)
    I need to return some supplements today, bought the wrong ones by mistake. The rest of the day is free. It's sunny and 30 degrees, expected high of 50 today. Yes, it's been a relatively mild winter...I'll take it!
    Happy Saturday, everyone. :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday! It should be another cool one with zero chance of precipitation. The yard should be walkable by now instead of a soggy mess! Not a lot on the morning agenda, but a party this evening. I think I will make some yellow rice, which is nothing like yellow snow.

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    27 and sunny with a high expected of 56. Will probably do some grocery shopping and maybe spend some time on hobbies today.
    Happy Sunday! :)
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, just got done doing my 5 miles on the treadmill I always feel better when I am done. I don't think we have any big plans for today, maybe take another walk in the bog when we walked this morning it was only 25 but it is suppose to get warmer today close to 50 I can take that. take care everyone