Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,318 Member
    I found a bathroom counter in the master bath! LOL.

oz8xdc9wb5p9.jpg
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday! It should be a warm day with no chance of precipitation. I don't know if I have a specific housework project for today. I Maybe the small kitchen counters...but we will see.

Dinner last night was goulash that included some cassarecce pasta made from chickpeas. Lunch today will be the same. J had (and will have) chili beans with sweet corn.

x5t8vih7pf3r.png

I will surely take a nice walk after finishing my tea and feeding the cats.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,369 Member
    Good morning.
    Light rain this a.m. and cloudy all day, high of 56 expected. Rained all night.
    The goulash looks good, Ed. I like your dishes with little hearts and flowers around the edge.
    I treated myself to a little pistacchio almond ice cream last night. Gotta watch that, but good to have a treat once in a while. The scale is not happy.
    I'll be more careful today.
    Have a good day, everyone. Stay healthy.
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,162 Member
    good morning, Yes George and i are looking forward to him retiring . It has been raining her since last night and it is suppose to rain all day poor Annie didn't even get her walk in yet going to wait awhile until it stops raining. I went to shoprite to get grocery a lot of the shelves were empty ,you are only allowed to get 4 packs of frozen veggies oh well we will get threw this take care everyone and stay safe
  • eku0
    edited April 2020
    Good morning all.
    Nice to see the sunshine this morning.
    Buy stamps now....save the post office!📫📦📭📮
    Have a good day.
  • parityanimal
    edited April 2020
    Last night was our weekend outing night.

I ordered pizza from the garage deep freeze, prepared and served by Eduardo the chef. Eduard, the wine steward, suggested a nice, 2016 Syrah, from the wine rack in the bar and I approved.

We enjoyed that and then traveled to Melbourne, Australia, for a performance of Love Never Dies, the (not nearly as good) sequel to Phantom.

Then, a quick trip to the Royal Albert Hall in London, for Les Misérables, in concert, filmed in 1995. I got some freshly popped popcorn from the concession stand kitchen, conveniently located next to the theatre bar, to enjoy with the second feature.

By that time it was quarter to midnight, and I turn into a pumpkin at midnight, so it was bedtime for me. I woke to have the rest of the pizza, fresh from the refrigerator, for breakfast.

Not a lot on the agenda, but I do need to pick up Lilo's next bag of fluid for her subdermal treatments, and will probably run on down the road a bit to Kroger while I am out, to see about getting a few things that are running a tad low.

With Georgia supposedly beginning to re-open as of yesterday, it may be more crazy. Who knows? I intend to keep precautions in place until the medical experts agree that it isn't necessary, because they are doctors, not politicians. Politicians have their own agendas.

I want things to get back to normal as much as anyone, but I suspect it will be quite a while before it really starts to feel normal, and I suspect that normal won't be the same as it was before this pandemic, though it may slowly drift back toward that, if allowed to. Personally, I think a new normal could be a very good thing, if we go about it right.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good morning;
    Ed-your goulash looks so good. Eduardo is quite the chef.
    Went for a nice walk yesterday in the sunshine. Today is cloudy and rain this afternoon.
    Today was an indoor walk on demand. Exercise finished for the day. Laundry and a little house cleaning on the agenda for today.
    Hubby is making eggplant parm for dinner.
    Hi Vix, Jan and Irene.
    Have a relaxing day! :)
  • eku0
    Good morning all.
    Jo, good that you got out while the sun was shining! Raining here today too. Eggplant parm sound delicious!
    Ed, your movie night sounds like fun. Good luck with your trip out. (Have you ever seen Randy Rainbow on You Tube. A spoonful of clorox) I'm sticking with the medical professionals too.
    Hi Jan, Irene, and Val.
    We had dinner with my son-in-law, daughter, and grandson last night...picked up a gluten free pizza for us(which is a big treat- the restaurant in town makes great pizzas) and a glass of wine. Also had a zoom visit with our son and daughter-in-law, which was also great to see them.
    Of course my scale went crazy this morning, but oh well.
    Have a good day and stay healthy, everyone.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday! It should be a somewhat cool day with no chance of precipitation.

I will take a nice walk after feeding the cats in a while. That darn old scale keep insisting that I am on the wrong side of 200. Not far in that direction, but maybe when things return to normal, or perhaps when we establish a new normal, I can got back into it.

I think I am actually doing fairly well, considering the times. But, as someone said on Facebook, I am tired of living in a major historical event!

• IreneMurman
    good morning, well it is going to be a rainy Sunday we really did not have any plans so all is good take care everyone
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday! It is supposed to be sunny and warm today, so a walk is most probable. I don't know what else is on the agenda.

This morning's quarantine breakfast was fried bologna, cheese omelet, and steel cut oatmeal with blueberries and cream. I put the main meal on a paper plate so Lilo could lick the plate to make up for having to endure a subdermal fluid treatment this morning. Of course she got treats to make up for that too. She will be due back for bloodwork sometime next month to see how well that is working.

Well my tea mug is empty but there is still tea in the pot, so refill time!

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    Cloudy here this a.m., but the sun is supposed to be out in the afternoon, high of 59, not bad if it's not too windy.
    Had my usual breakfast, a cut up apple with blueberries and cinnamon warmed up in the microwave and coffee with homemade walnut milk. Will try to get some motivation up today to do something productive!
    Have a good day, everyone.
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Hi!!
    I had posted for Friday and when I went to post, I lost it all. Just could not make myself repost, though I should have. Actually My daughter and I had an outing yesterday, and it felt so good. We went about 20 minutes from my home to a little market with fresh farm veggies. A beautiful drive, slow and enjoyed it!! I had fresh corn on the cob and a tomato sandwich for supper. Bought an eggplant, green and red tomatoes, new potatoes, vidalia spring onions, the corn and a coleus. We stopped at a DQ takeout for a blizzard, and stopped at her apt. to bring a GIANT potted plant to my house to plant. It is too big for her balcony anymore. First time for food plus a little outing. Neither of us goes out but for food and with precautions so we went together. Just a huge weight lifted that at times I did not know I was feeling..as I love being at home with little obligations!! So great!!
    Ed, your night out sounded wonderful!! So does your food!! Love the post!! Sorry the weather is so rainy up north. I am sure it gets bothersome!! Irene, hope Annie is doing okay again! Nice to get together with Family, Vix. Wish my son and family was better about staying in touch... :D
    Stay safe!! <3 Waiting to see how Geo. progresses, Ed. I feel as you do!! (most of us I am sure!!)
  • eku0
    Nice that you were able to spend some time with your daughter and get some farm fresh produce, Jan. That's wonderful. I've been taking my car out for a drive every few days, just so it doesn't die in the garage! Just drive, no place special to go, though there are a lot of nice little country roads around here, so it's kind of pretty when the weather is nice.
    Have a good day, everyone.
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, Jan corn on the cob sounds so yummy ,we have had so much rain getting tired of it . take care everyone
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good morning
    Still raining here.
    I took my car in for service yesterday. There was also a recall, a computer update.
    They also had to order a part, which will be in sometime next week. I was having a problem with a clunking noise coming from the speakers when I started my car. It turns out there was a recall on the amplifier. This is the 3rd time I have been back for this problem. I am glad it will now be fixed.
    We are still in stay at home mode. Governor will be making an announcement by the end of the week if it will continue.
    Jan-I am glad you were able to get out with your daughter.
    Vix-I have been craving pizza, but have so far resisted. I am glad you also got to spend some time with your family.
    Hi Ed and Irene.
    Have a good day! :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! It's going to be a hot one with 10% chance of precipitation. That 10% is right at the time I usually walk, so I may get wet. I won't melt.

Not a lot else on the agenda today. Eduardo has a pot of chili started in a Crock Pot, for my lunch, dinner, and another meal or two.

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    Jo, what kind of car do you have? That seems like a lot of recalls, although I've had a couple on mine. Good that it's getting fixed. We're still in stay at home mode here too. (The pizza was totally worth the calories!)
    Cloudy again here today, rain expected in the afternoon, high of 57. Lots of rainy days this year....April showers.
    Wishing everyone a good day.
  • IreneMurman
    hi all, well our weather here yesterday was beautiful i got my yawn mowed and did some cleaning up in our shed everything is looking good . take care all jo glad they are fixing your car
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! It is nice out for the moment, but supposed to be very rainy later, with a possible thunderstorm. I might be able to slip a walk in before the deluge though. We'll see.

Not a lot else on the agenda. The lawn guys have already been here and just left.