Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,369 Member
    edited May 2020
    Good morning all.
    Partly cloudy with a high of 79 expected today.
    Will get outside for a while today, for sure.
    Have a good day, everyone.
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,318 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday! Pretty warm today and I would even venture to say a bit hot this afternoon, according to the forecast. My "walk" today was through Kroger and then back and forth to bring groceries in and put them away. I have alread lost track of how many times I washed my hands this morning.

I pretty much blew the grocery budget for the rest of the month. I have about 20 to 21 dollars left in that account. But on the plus side, I did actually find everything I needed and could have even picked up paper towels and/or toilet paper if needed, as they actually had some available. Not a lot, and not necessarily the brand I usually buy, but who can be picky nowadays? But since I didn't need any, I left those to more needy customers. The $20 or so still in the account probably would have covered those, with maybe a few cents to spare. LOL.

Not a lot on the agenda for today, other than, if I remember to do it, putting some washer fluid in my car. I remember, when I start it and it dings at me, and then think to mysely that I should do that when I get home, but then there are groceries to put away, hands to be washed, cats to be fed, prior day's cat bowls to wash...so I tend to forget.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good morning;
    Jan-I hope you get some relief from your poison ivy soon.
    Irene-I am glad George is doing better. It must have been awful for you not to be with him in the ER. Did they do a Covid-19 test on him? My daughter says that everyone that comes into her hospital for a procedure has to have a test first.
    Vix- Did you get your car out for its exercise? :p Nice that you got to see your children for Mother's day.
    Eduardo-will you come to my house and cook? Everything you make looks so good.
    The weather here has been so nice. I have been out walking every day for about 2.5 miles.
    This is mostly after work, so some days it is a struggle.
    The governor here is going to make an announcement on Monday, about what if any business can start to reopen.
    I can't wait to get to my hairdresser. My hair is four different colors at the moment and down to my shoulders.
    I plan to go to Home Depot for some soil and plants today.
    Have a great day! :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday! It's pretty nice out for the moment, so a walk is in order shortly. I had a couple of beef brats, boiled eggs, and whole wheat, high fiber, low carb, buttered bread for breakfast. Just need to finish this mug of tea and I'll be off.

One of J's aunts passed away suddenly (they think heart attack) Friday and the family is in an uproar. J wants to help calm my father in law, and could do that better in person, but we both fear the danger of going up there to Kentucky right now. I am sure we will talk more about that later today but I am standing firm that it would be a bad idea to go. In any case, I would not be going, as one of us has to stay here with the pets.

The sugar gliders are doing well and seem happy together for the most part. We would not have them if J hadn't insisted on rescuing Bonnid and Clyde several years ago, and when Bonnie died suddenly we felt Clyde would do better with another companion. Luckily, Remus was in a kind of bad situation and feels like another rescue too. I think that sugar gliders should never have been made into pets, but we will take care of these. They would not survive returned to the wild.

Out to walk!

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    Ed, rescues are good. I can see that. I agree about the sugar gliders. Condolences on J's aunt passing away. My BIL in NYC passed away a week ago. My SIL was separated from him and is living in CA, but she was still taking care of him and it hit her hard. No way she could go at this time.
    Jo, good that you are getting your walks in. I did get my car out for a drive. Need to do that again soon. I bought some hair color, but haven't used it yet....my hair has grown out about an inch, but curls are great at hiding roots. I'm sure I'll use it soon...I'm not ready to go back to the hairdresser. Our governor just loosened things up a bit, but I'd rather be more cautious.
    Irene, hope you and George and Annie are doing well.
    It's cloudy with a high of 68 expected today...still pretty nice.
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    edited May 2020
    Good morning to you all!
    (It will be by the time you read this!!) Today was supposed to be cloudy with sporadic showers and the bulk coming in for Monday. After getting dressed and having bathed in Calamine lotion, you can imagine my surprise when I was caught in a heavy downpour! I could not get in as I was protecting the mower, so I was soaked by the time I did get to the porch. It quit not long after, and I did get a little more done. And then it has been raining ever since. I look and feel like a chilly pink drowned rat!! However I am so glad about the rain..I will live!! We are expecting another cool spell in the 70's after Monday, so I can still get some things done that I was planning before the 90 plus degree heat arrived so inopportunely!!
    Jo, so great you can walk and enjoy! I used to walk after working night shift. It kept me faithful as I was out anyway!! It is funny the things we miss! I had to chuckle about your hair, and everyone else's in the U.S! I miss just meeting and grabbing a meal with someone and sitting and talking. Ed, so sorry about J's aunt. And Vix! What a hard time for your relatives! What a terrible time to face these illnesses and funerals. No right answers. Do what you feel comfortable about is all you can try.. Ed, you do a wonderful job with your animals, I agree with Vix!! It gets a little harder when you get older, but I have had animals of all kinds for 66 years. I will hate the day when I should not have one for their sake. Guess I will foster.. You work hard for them, Ed!! Vix, I am with you. I am proceeding very slowly. But one must get out eventually..to some degree. (good grief!!)...Hi Irene! Glad you can get out some. I know you must miss church and taking Communion to people. Hopefully in the not so distant months, we will be a little more normal. Amazing how things vary from just county to county!
    Take care all!! Enjoy the good weather when it comes! Stay safe! <3
  • parityanimal
    Well, my walk this morning was very nice. I took a couple of side paths and saw some geese and ducks in a pond, and found another shady path or two.

For dinner I made some barbecue sauced chicken thighs, yellow rice, peas and carrots, and chili beans.

I gave J most of the yellow rice and all of the chili beans, for a tasty vegetarian dinner. I split the rest of the food into two meal plates, each having one large chicken thigh, a nice serving of peas and carrots, and a small serving of yellow rice, as it was the bad carb.

Here is the dinner plate I ate.

rl5d0o17b2fg.png

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,162 Member
    good morning, our weather here has been great . Sorry Ed and Vix about the passing of family members not much going on here church is starting to let 10 people at a time to come in and pray but you need to have mask on George and I will go Friday night after he gets out of work. stay safe
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous moist Monday! I just got back from my walk, as it is supposed to get rainy later in the day, but with the chances for rain starting to get a let greater late this morning, and then on into the afternoon. So I gave Lilo her Monday morning fluid treatment, inhaled breakfast (ham, boiled eggs, toast) with a mug of tea and headed on out. It's pretty humid out there from overnight rain.

Maybe some light housework today. I will probably eat my other chicken thigh for lunch, though I may change my mind and save it for supper.

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    Cloudy with a high of 67 expected today. We had a little rain yesterday, today looks about the same.
    Jan, sounds like you are handling the poison ivy ok...so awful! I hope it clears up for you soon. I read that it could take 4-6 weeks before we could see the effects of reopening...by the time the illness manifests and then worsens takes that long. I'm going to keep to myself for that additional 6 weeks, hopefully it will not have a strong come back.
    Irene, I know you miss church, so it's nice that you can go back.
    Ed, hope you enjoyed your walk. I haven't been out yet...only 55 this a.m. I catch up on emails and things in the a.m. usually.
    I hope you got some nice plants, Jo.
    Have a good day, everyone. :)
  • eku0
    Good morning all...today's weather about the same as yesterday.
    I got my coffee in the mail. Ordered some natural soaps and vitamins.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! I did my walk first thing, in the cool, damp air. Today I walked the length of the nearby lake (it's not a big lake) just to see where that walkway ended. I had to pass a family of Canadian geese (stealing jobs from local geese? - LOL) twice, as they were on the walkway past the lake.

I don't know what else I will do today, but a nap would be nice. They were doing some noisy construction or destruction up the hill yesterday and a nap would have been impossible. Kiara was all oun of sorts over it, and the thunderstorms later in the evening didn't help her get sorted!

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful wet Wednesday! Cool and damp right now, and I heard a raindrop hit while I was eating my breakfast. I will take a (probably needed anyway) day off from walking.

Perhaps a bit of light housework today instead.

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    I unexpectedly took a day off of exercise yesterday...only walked to my daughter's house around the corner. Got my house cleaned, which is really nice. So I definitely need to visit my elliptical today.
    It's another cloudy cool day, high of 64 expected....looks like we're stuck in this pattern for a couple more days.
    Will see what the day brings today.
    Have a good one.
  • eku0
    Good morning all.
    Weather is the same today. Car battery died again yesterday. May try to get an appt to take it in and get it checked out.
    Weather the same today....probably up from south of here.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! I've had my walk, and then got distracted by a FaceBook glitch and trying to fix it. I really suspect it is a problem with their new format, which I am trying. I may have to go back to classic format and see if the glitch still happens.

Not a lot on the agenda today.

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday! It's cool and rainy now, but I did get my walk in before the rain, so it's all good.

I came home and saw that they have started working to increase the drainage under the road at the creek, which should mean that, once that bit is done, they should be able to finally fill in that blasted ditch across the front of our yard and install proper conduit for drainage through our yard. I am SO glad I complained to the mayor when they installed that ditch.

One of the sidewalk work monitoring people claimed that they would have had to fix it anyway because of similar complaints along a nearby road, but I know that the squeaky wheel gets grease and have my doubts about that. I rather suspect that if I and my next door neighbor hadn't started making noise about it the enormous eyesore of a ditch, full of sharp rocks, would have been a permament part of our front yards.

Not a lot on the agenda today. Depending on the noise level from the construction, a nap may not be possible unless I can find my earplugs.

No big plans for Memorial Day here. Maybe slow cook a couple of chicken thighs and make a small amount of pulled chicken for barbecue.

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    Raining here...not going to get as warm as it was supposed to, high of 68 expected today.
    Good that your ditch will be fixed, Ed.
    Saw my grandson for a little while this a.m. That's always fun. Makes my day.
    Trying to drink more fluids...I used to bring water with me if I drove anywhere, and would have a bottle or 2 while I was out....I think I need that extra water.
    We don't have any special plans for Memorial day either. I know my kids will appreciate a day off.
    I made an appt with my dietitian to do a zoom meeting next week. That'll be good, maybe we can tweak the diet again.
    I called the dealership and I don't need to bring my car in, but I put reminders on my calendar to take it for a ride every couple of days.
    Nothing special planned for this rainy day. Will see what the day brings. Have a good one. :)
  • eku0
    Clematis and iris
    ljzf7crav2d5.png
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfactory Saturday! It was very nice out, while I did my walk past the lake this morning. There were even a few men fishing, and I saw a young man exercising on a dock across the lake. His physique looked, shall we say, SLIGHTLY better than mine...at least. I saw 3 families of Canadian geese at the lake, and two more families a mile or so away from the lake, near home.

Not a lot an the agenda today. I got back from the lake right at 8:00 and they had alread resumed construction work out front.