eku0 Posts: 10,369 Member
    Good morning all.
    Hope everyone is ok.
    Sunny with a high of 79 today.
    Have a good day.
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Hello!!
    Lots of rain we needed from afternoon and evening thunderstorms. Today was more sun and drying out a bit before the next batch..Glad to see some sun!!
    Vix, your flowers are so beautiful!! Glad you got to see your grandson and that your car is okay!! I would not think to drive either while staying so much at home!!
    Mosquitoes are terrible even in the daytime. They could carry one off!! Humidity is 90% at best..A little yucky!!
    Sounds like everyone is having a quiet Memorial Day. The roads were clogged heading towards the beach. Most people here seem of the opinion they have suffered enough and are back to a normal routine. Some even argue and get mad at store owners trying to be cautious. Not your greatest generation type self sacrificing types that I am seeing! Except for at Lowes in the garden section. Everyone having masks or avoiding other customers quite nicely! That's flower people, lol...!
    I feel like watching church on line and not with my small group..I guess I will see how I feel tonite. With my A/C checked Thursday by 2 guys, and my yard guy changing out part of my back fence so he can get his riding mower in, shopping and phone calls, I am not wanting to leave the house!! I feel like I have dealt with enough people this week!! :#
    Ed, glad you are getting your ditch taken care of properly. Irene, glad you all are doing okay! Hi Jo!! I know you are working hard!! :)
    Enjoy the weekend and stay safe!! <3
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,318 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday! I think instead of a walk, I think I am going to try to hit Kroger at 8:00, with the hope that everyone else is either still asleep or getting ready for church at that early hour.

Housework on the agenda today.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    Enjoy the outing, Ed.
    Jan, sounds hot and humid...we're hitting into hot weather this coming week. Today is cloudy with a high of 71 expected. I am avoiding most people too. My dentists both contacted me, but I'm not ready for that yet, it's one of the most contagious places I can think of. I usually get sick after going to the dentist, that would just freak me out right now! My hairdresser and acupuncture are also opening up, but I'm going to wait a while. I have a couple of online appts set up for medical/diet. That's enough for now. I'm going to wait and see how things play out in the next 6-8 weeks.
    Hope you're all staying healthy.
    Have a good day, everyone.
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,162 Member
    good morning, our weather here has been raining it is a little chilly here hope the weather gets better I have some yard work but i need to wait until the weather gets better have a great Sunday. Hey Jan hoping our churches open soon
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's magnificent Monday! We have a 50% chance of PM thunderstorms, with a high of 84. Not a lot on the agenda today, and I am taking another day off from walking. Breafast was scrambled eggs with cheese, and low carb, high fiber toast.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    Good morning.
    Happy Memorial Day.
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Happy Memorial Day!
    It is cold and cloudy today. We are cooking indoors. Luckily everything we planned can be cooked in the oven, salmon, asparagus and thinly sliced potatoes and onions.
    Yesterday the weather was around 70 and sunny. We cooked burgers on the grill and ate on the deck.
    Enjoy your day!
  • eku0
    edited May 2020
    Good morning all.
    Sunny and warm here. Going up to 79 today.
    Had a nice quiet day yesterday. Spent some time outdoors enjoying the weather.
    Yesterday I finished a 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle we had started on a vacation last year.
    2nf08x36e7jl.jpg
    Will see what today brings.
    Have a good one.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! The work out in front is still going on, but I'm OK with that. I'd rather they take their time and do it right than have to come back and tear it all up yet again.

I have walked, and I have given Lilo her shot. Breakfast for the cats shortly.

• IreneMurman
    good morning, i did some yard plan on doing more today take care everyone
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful wet Wednesday! I did walk, about 4 miles, and was hoping to beat the rain but some sprinkles and then light rain caught me at about the midpoint, so I got a little damp. It didn't last long, but I was still damp when I got home.

The weather channel page had said 10% chance at my start time of 6:45 and projected 15% at 8:00 when I expected to (and did) get home. It also said "Rain possible at 10:45am."

I hate to bust their bubble but rain was definitely possible before that time and it is wet out there now, as rain has occurred in the interval since I got home too. And it's only about 9:00. LOL.

The construction continues. Over half the ditch is now filled in and I expect we will have a mud strip in a few days, where the ditch is/was. I hope they put sod down. The sidewalk project just put straw down and the seeds from that do NOT grow the same as grass.

Not a lot on the agenda today.

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    Have fun working in your yard, Irene.
    Ed, yay! They're filling your ditch....I wouldn't expect more than seed and straw, but it will be filled which is wonderful. One of my neighbors just did a big patch of his lawn with seed and straw and the grass is growing in beautifully.
    Cloudy here with a high of 77 expected. Need to take my car for a drive, do a little cleaning around the house, whatever else the day brings.
    Happy Wednesday, everyone.
  • parityanimal
    edited May 2020
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!! A bit too wet out there to take a walk, so I will have a day off. I could probably use one.

I guess we'll hear the sounds of construction all day again.

Lunch will be chicken fried rice, heavy on the chicken, somewhat light on the rice. Leftover from last night.Fried by a real chicken?

ih31u4lobz4g.png

Not a lot on the agenda today.

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    Raining here too, Ed. High expected of 82, scattered t-storms. I may start reading JK Rowlings online story...Ickabog. She's putting it up a chapter at a time....I need to catch up.
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Hello!!
    Rain, Rain!! I know we need it, but I sure would like to see just a little sun. We are having some this morning and it is so nice..but very wet. We had 3.75 inches. My poor rose will be done for the mildew and I need to plant some seedlings that are getting overdue. I may do that today and skip getting out till Friday. That will be a mistake as there will be more people. I need to run to UPS for a return and hit Lowe's and shop for a new dishwasher. My old one cleans fine, but has come loose from the cabinet and unfortunately also I heard a cable cord break on the bottom. I think fixing it will cost a bit with labor. It is 25 years old so it makes sense perhaps to buy a new one instead. They make things cheaper and cheaper though, so sometimes it seems like a crap shoot, lol..
    I did not know they had Rowling's book offered. How neat!! May need to check that out!
    My daughter shopped for veggies yesterday and picked up some meat from Wally World, which I try to avoid like the plague..No pun intended. She dropped it off and it was nice to just have some different cuts and not pay 6.25 for cheap ground meat. For some reason they had lamb for a low price so had a wonderful supper of lamb roast seasoned with rosemary and other seasonings, mashed potatoes and broccoli. It was perfection on a plate, though since I eat lamb so rarely I felt a little guilty. More so than beef. If I raised my own food, I guess I would be a vegetarian...
    Glad your ditch is almost done, Ed. Seems they have been working forever on it. Irene, Glad you were able to get into the yard! Hi Jo!! Hope you get some nice weather to enjoy some days off!!
    Stay safe all!! <3
  • parityanimal
    edited May 2020
    There is a bit more work to finish where the creek enters the drain, and there is definitely some clean up to do, but for the most part we have our lawn back.

As Elton John might sing:

DITCH, DITCH. THE DITCH IS GONE.

Or perhaps munchkins singing:

DING DONG, THE DITCH IS GONE!

snidt2kru9x7.png
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, wow Ed you must be happy it is finally done. I went and picked up some flowers so i did some planting yesterday need to put mulch down yet and of course pull more weeds. Jan your dinner sounded yummy. hi Vix and Jo take care everyone
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday! I have done my walk, and came home to find that my little devils...er I mean my beloved cats had pulled down the window shelf in the kitchen, scattering plants and dirt.

Since J maintains that, and is the only one who could be sure of getting it put back together in the desired manner, I just passed word on (waking J up for it) and waited to do the final cleanup of dirt and leaf debris, off the counters, in the sinks, and on the floor, after it was all put back in place.

So I have walked AND done some houswork already today. They are busy working outside on whatever is left to do on the drainage. I am not sure how much longer they wll be working, but they will have to repair the road and repair/replace some sidewalks before it's all over.

Not a lot on the agenda for the rest of the day. I think I hear breakfast calling.

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    Well Ickabog is definitely a children's story, a fairy tale, but it will give me a short read in the a.m. This is the url, if you're interested https://www.theickabog.com/read-the-story/
    Not up to the level of Harry Potter.
    Cloudy, with a high of 86 expected today, possible t-storms in the afternoon. No special plans.