Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,369 Member
    Good morning all.
    60 and cloudy with a high of 73 expected, possible rain.
    I have a telemed appt with my rheumatologist today. Hubs hurt his back and can barely move. He has an appt with the orthopedist tomorrow....I may be able to pick up a prescription for him later today.
    Good luck with Lilo this afternoon, Ed.
    Have a good day, everyone.
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,318 Member
    Lilo's bloodwork was outstanding. I just need to keep doing what I am doing for now.

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    Good news about Lilo, Ed.:)
    66 and cloudy here, high of 79 expected, possible t-storms, about the same for the week, though it will be getting a bit warmer.
    Hubs got his prescription yesterday, helped a little bit. Will see what the ortho can do for him today.
    My rheumatologist gave me a prescription for an NSAID that I can take just when I need it. Said it's not as hard on the stomach as Aleve. I did sleep better last night without some of the pain. Also wearing my wrist splints for the carpal tunnel again.
    Have a good day, everyone.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! It looked cloudy and felt sticky when I started my walk, but had cleared mostly up with bright sunshine by the time I got home, an hour and twenty minutes or so later. FitBit says I have walked 4.48 miles so far today.

I got a laugh yesterday, when I noticed that my 50 minutes of blueberry picking was recorded as swimming and it awarded a day of exercise for that. I guess between the shopping and the blueberry picking, I may have actually earned that. Picking berries IS exercise but not as strenuous to me as walking (or swimming) would be.

Speaking of swimming, our group hasn't had any pool parties and, for now, aren't scheduling any, which is kind of a mixed deal. We won't get to see our friends, and the lack of socialization will not help my anxiety levels when we do get back to normal. The pool parties can be a bit rough on the social anxiety part of my general anxiety disorder, but I cope by having a "job" to do, keeping the food sorted out and arranged, and showing any new guest around, which forces me to meet people in a less stressful way.

On the other hand, my social anxiety is getting a rest, and I am saving money, time, effort, and electricity by not preparing a huge dish of baked beans every couple of weeks. And I am not being tempted every couple of weeks by big plates of cookies, brownies, cakes, cobbler, and pies.

Not a lot on the agenda today. Hopefully a nap, as Lilo's vet visit ate that time yesterday.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

• Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Hello,
    Val, I hope you and hubby are going to be doing much better soon! Backs are really a pain. Once it hurts it seems to thru everything out of wack then. Ed, glad Milo had a great appt. Always a plus. I know what you mean about anxiety getting out. I feel like I lost whatever social skills I had acquired since I am home all the time for the most part. Too much happening in the church for my comfort level, so still watching on line and staying at home. The real die hards are there. No one has gotten sick that I know of. There is that. Very safety conscience, but still lots of people. The teens and some younger children meet sometimes outside for safety. I think they kind of maintain distance. Don't really know. However, one of the most active of people also works at the Y. They are closed temporarily for cleaning in that part of the building. The pools and nursery are in a part not connected, and they seem unaffected. No word if said elder is having to quarantine. He may not be in that part either. :|

May May is starting to turn into a real barker with the squirrels hanging out here. My neighbors are not really close.. but not sure they are appreciating her Paul Revere stance. My dishwasher is coming on Monday. Thank goodness. How can one dog and one person need one so badly!! Picked up a huge bag of blueberries (safely) from a friend yesterday. They are so good!! I want to make muffins or quick bread with them today, hopefully!!

Hope you are doing well Irene and Jo!! Stay safe all!! Enjoy the beauty...our world still has plenty of it!! <3
  • Buttons61
    Sorry, Vix, did not mean to type Val!! Guess I need to check on her!! Old timers!! :#
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    good morning, glad to see everyone is doing pretty good. Jan we went to church last Saturday night only a hand full of people were there and every other space was blocked off and mask was on and they had a little stickem you put on in front of you so they knew where you sat so they could clean there. take care everyone
  • eku0
    Good morning all.
    Ed, sounds like enough exercise and a good long walk. Love fresh blueberries. I keep stocked up with frozen.
    Jan, I am opting to stay safe too. Only go out when I have to, and seeing only close family. I went to Walmart to pick up my prescription the other day, and felt totally unsafe, even though everyone was wearing a mask inside and pretty much kept their distance. It just felt stuffy. And people were not wearing masks outside, and they seemed too close at the entrance and exit. The blueberries sound wonderful. 2 of my neighbors have barky little dogs. I don't usually mind, but sometimes wish they would let up when it goes on and on.
    Irene, I know you were happy to go to church. Nice that they are taking precautions.
    Stupidly, they sent hubs to an appt yesterday at an office that has been closed down. They have rescheduled him for an appt today. There is an office open in Westminster. The muscle relaxers helped a bit, so he's doing a little better.
    66 and cloudy here, high of 81 expected today with rain likely.
    It's Friday! Have a good weekend, everyone.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday! Another nice morning for a walk, and I took one. I need to do a bit of housework today, including folding those towels and such that are still in the dryer.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• Buttons61
    Good morning to you all,
    Glad your hubby is feeling better, Vix. Everyone seems kind of mixed up lately, so I try to be patient. I know I am and I like being at home. I do kind of feel like I am having some strange ..maybe personality changes?..being so isolated. Hope I seem normal again if everything ever gets more normal! At any rate, I am glad he will get to an open Dr. eventually! Weather is so funny. Not helping anyone's aches and pains.

Irene, you are so lucky to be able to get to church!! I feel even worse sometimes when I know some of my group goes, but I am just not comfortable with those numbers, still. I guess some that really miss that social contact, it may be that they just need it more than I do.

Ed, just wish I had your sidewalks, lol!!

Montgomery has just issued a mandatory face mask ordinance. The mayor actually signed it in when the city council measure was voted down with 4 in favor and five opposed. So proud the mayor acted! And glad I do not live in the city, lol. A good 25 miles away!! They should have done that on re- opening first things... I heard the theaters all over were opening and no face masks required because the "public" did not want them. Just another reason to not go to a show besides the ticket prices, lousy shows, and outlandish food prices. :D

Hope you are doing well Jo!! You do make good use of your days off!!

Did you hear about the aliens who were passing by earth and locked their doors??
    Keep a sense of humor all...and stay safe! <3
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday! I have done my walking, and am resting now after breakfast, and sipping my morning tea. Not a lot NECESSARY on the agenda today, but a bit that I SHOULD be doing. LOL. I will think about it after tea.

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    Thanks, Jan. Luckily the muscle relaxers helped him a lot. The dr basically told him to take it easy and not overdo, take a few more days off, extra strength ibuprofen if needed. I think we'll all feel better and more normal when some of the threat is gone. Hang in there...this too shall pass. Hopefully, things are not being totally destroyed.
    68 and cloudy here, loud/close t-storms overnight. High expected of 79 today, and more rain possible. Mother earth is definitely trying to cleanse itself.
    Ed, there are always so many shoulds! I'm getting great at ignoring them!
    I think my family will be here tomorrow for Father's day. I hope the weather accommodates us.
    Have a good Saturday, everyone.
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, George and i went for a 2 hour walk it was beautiful outside going short he is out side on the roof cleaning gutters so i want to keep an eye on him take care
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday! I am taking a day off from walking today. I may go out in a moment to pick blueberries.

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    HD-images-for-Happy-fathers-day.png?resize=640%2C480&ssl=1
    Cloudy with some chance of rain and a high of 82 expected today. I hope the kids come anyway.
    Have a good day, everyone. :)
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, hope everyone had a nice weekend we spent Sunday in the pool.take care everyone .All stores and beauty and nail places are opening today
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday! Cool this morning, with a small chance of rain, but a much bigger chance of rain this afternoon. I might do a little light housework.

• eku0
    Good morning.
    Nice seeing the family yesterday.
    Sunny and 71, high of 88 expected. Humid with a chance of rain later. Weather looks about the same for the rest of the week.
    I know things are starting to open up, but it's not over yet. Stay safe everyone.
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, today i have a hair and nail apt so looking forward to it . I will b e wearing a mask getting hi lights in my hair should be interesting take care everyone
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! Too sticky outside to walk and there's too much chance of getting drenched. I do need to find Lilo in a bit for her Tuesday shot, which I have ready near the stove. Perhaps some light house cleaning today.