2021 Run The Year Group

Options

Replies

• Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Hi @goingape - So great to find you here! I am newish too. We have room on our team Mind Over Miles MFP, if you want to join. We could use your miles. @shanaber assigned teams at the start so she may also chime in here.
  • goingape
    goingape Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Thanks cafelelia, I just joined the challenge and have put in a request to your team there. : D
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,056 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    deleted.
  • martaindale
    Options
    Also, @goingape if you are interested, you can join us over in the monthly running challenge. That thread is chattier and the people from this group are all over there too. Link below.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10819137/january-2021-monthly-running-challenge#latest

• SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,787 Member
    Options
    Team bONmot is rocking the 800 mile badge today. This team is killing it daily... wow. At this rate we will complete the challenge in March.
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    Team bONmot is rocking the 800 mile badge today. This team is killing it daily... wow. At this rate we will complete the challenge in March.

Holy chit, Batman!
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,388 Member
    Options
    Cafelelia wrote: »
    Hi @goingape - So great to find you here! I am newish too. We have room on our team Mind Over Miles MFP, if you want to join. We could use your miles. @shanaber assigned teams at the start so she may also chime in here.

Wow - I swear I responded to this several days ago! Not sure what happened to my post. @goingape did you get set up on the Mind Over Miles MFP team with @Cafelelia?
  • shanaber
    Options
    @SummerSkier - you guys are killin it! At this rate you will be done with the challenge in March!
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    I hadn't logged into the RTY site in a bit and team Getting it Run has crossed 100 miles!
    Yay! @lannakin @Faebert

I’m so sorry I’m behind the pace ladies. The first half of the month was a total bust for me due to the Covid. Off the mark now but it will be a gradual build-up!

You guys are smashing it though - thank you!!
  • martaindale
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »
    I hadn't logged into the RTY site in a bit and team Getting it Run has crossed 100 miles!
    Yay! @lannakin @Faebert

I’m so sorry I’m behind the pace ladies. The first half of the month was a total bust for me due to the Covid. Off the mark now but it will be a gradual build-up!

You guys are smashing it though - thank you!!

We're getting there. Glad to have you back!
  • shanaber
    Options
    Keep in mind everyone that we are only 22 days into this. There is plenty of time left in the year to go and we will all get there despite the ups and downs in our running ability due to injuries, sickness, weather and life getting in the way!
    We'll get there, some faster than others but that is ok!
  • goingape
    goingape Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    @shanaber yes, I am set up with mind over miles and just got in my first run the other day.

@martaindale thanks I bookmarked the thread!

Looking forward to getting in at least three runs this week.
  • shanaber
    Options
    How is everyone doing with this now that we are 2 months in?
    Has Team bONmot finished the year yet?

Team LeftRightLeftRepeat passed the 400 mile marker yesterday primarily due to @eleanorhawkins awesome mileage!
  • martaindale
    Options
    Yes bonmot is finished. Crazy!
    Getting it run just crossed 300 miles. It's gonna be close for the year.
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    How is everyone doing with this now that we are 2 months in?
    Has Team bONmot finished the year yet?

Team LeftRightLeftRepeat passed the 400 mile marker yesterday primarily due to @eleanorhawkins awesome mileage!

Just plodding on
  • SummerSkier
    Options
    My team is amazing! They finished up the year in Feb while I angrily was stuck in the house during the Tx arctic vortex fiasco trying not to poison myself with carbon monoxide (had to use the gas range to keep the house out of the 30's) and stay warm. Lost power from Sun the 14th till Thursday the 18th with temps in the single digits and roads and all outdoor surfaces covered in 1/2 inch of ice followed by 6 in of snow with another 1/2 layer/crust of ice on top. My poor trees. It did not get over freezing until that Thursday but we lost water pressure on Wed for another 4 days. I managed to slip and fall twice bruising my ribs. Then when I could start running again I pulled a thigh muscle somehow (wonder if the carbon monoxide in my system effected the muscles). A

Anyway enough whining. We are back on track and I am recovered and running again. I just feel like I missed out on the last final push to finish the challenge. :(
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,957 Member
    Options
    Wow @SummerSkier You really had it tough. Glad things are back up and running and hope your thigh muscle heals quickly.
  • SummerSkier
    Options
    Wow @SummerSkier You really had it tough. Glad things are back up and running and hope your thigh muscle heals quickly.

thanks @quilteryoyo now imagine MILLIONS of people all going thru the same thing in Tx. It wasn't rolling but ROLL over. I am glad to see that you were able to start running again yesterday. I am lurking on the Mar thread a bit to keep up with folks :)