Downsizers - January 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,511 Member
    Options
    azkunk wrote: »
    Just a quick check-in. I stayed on track today. My assignment had me sitting the entire 10 hours and it was super busy today so my steps are low.

My weigh it today was down one pound which office put me over 30lbs LTD 🤩🤩🤩

That is amazing!

draby2011 wrote: »
    I caught up a little bit and you guys are absolutely KILLING it! Way to go guys!

Today's steps are 5,595 which I feel like I should be disappointed in however I WENT TO THE GYM TODAY! lol I guess my time on the Elliptical (30 minutes on hills workout) didn't count towards those lol. And I also did a mile on the treadmill. Felt kinda good to be back in the gym however, I am leaning towards making a home gym. It is just more convenient. I am actually going to go pick up an elliptical that I found on one of the local yard sale sites tomorrow. My boyfriend also bought some resistance bands that hang on the door and you can do hundreds of workouts with, but they're not resistant enough for him lol so he gave those to me as well. I already have kettlebells, a few weights, an exercise ball, and a bosu ball so I am off to a decent start.

I had a day off today so I cleaned my car in and out, top to bottom, and spent some time with the kiddos playing operation, a game they played called "teacher game", and spent some genuine quality time before I went to the gym and the store. Came back and made some yummy dinner/lunches. I have also started an IG page which I am using simply as a food log to keep myself accountable. ( I am trying anyways, I have had an issue in which the food I have been having is so good I forget to take a pic before I eat it lol)

Here is a pic of tonight's dinner which I was SUPER proud of!
    qpwthfwijdg0.jpg

Pork chop with caramelized onion and apple "slaw" with a sweet apple coleslaw on the side. It was so delicious! I am excited about lunch tomorrow.

Keep kicking butt guys!

A hope gym sounds very convenient. We have a small exercise room in the building which I am excited to use once lockdown is over. Your supper sounds very delicious.

Stayed within calories today with no desire to binge..It is a start. I haven't had a diet break of more than a day since October so guess my body said that I needed to take a break from the constant deficit. Will eat at maintenance for a week and try to relax. Maintenance always stresses me out because I worry that I will exceed my calories or be unable to return to a weight loss diet.

That is good news! Hopefully, the diet break will put an end to the binge eat. Relax as you got back to plan the last time and I believe you can do it again.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Monday’s Check In
    Steps: 3,859 ❌
    Tracked: ✅
    Sleep: ✅
    Water: ✅
    Healthy snacks: ✅

I struggled a bit yesterday as I ended up going over calories by 125 but I tracked everything. I gave in and took the pain medication that makes me hungry for some reason. I did overdo it yesterday with putting stuff away. It wasn’t so much as putting it away as trying to straighten out the storage room. My back is definitely not better yet. If I knew I was so close to my step goal I would have walked for a few minutes to hit it. I need to check my steps before bed. The follow up with the eating disorder clinic was interesting. It is the first follow up that I had struggled in the last 6 months. They said I could come back to therapy if I want. I really want to work with my dietitian and see how I do with my biggest stressor gone before I do that.

Today I am not going to do much as I think I need to rest my back. One thing that’s on my list is to get out my instant pot and at least do the water test. I am eager to use it next week. I am also waiting on delivery and set up of a new headboard. Ours broke so they have to fix it under warranty.

Hope you all have a great day!
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    CHECK IN: Week 3 (Monday)
    🏋🏻‍♀️ Exercise ✔️
    🥤 96 oz. Water ✔️
    🍽 Under Calories ✔️
    💤 Sleep ✔️

👣 STEPS
    MON 1/18: 15,530 + 8,544 (circuit training) = 24,074
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,862 Member
    Options
    January Week 2 Top 5 steppers are:

1st @iHUSTLE4MUSCLE -208,488 steps
    2nd @Megan_smartiepants1970 -146,508 steps
    3rd @888Angie888 -112,246 steps
    4th @mari_moulin -104,783 steps
    5th @rlaskey2 -73,756 steps
    CONGRATS LADIES :):):):):)
    AS A GROUP WE WALKED 1, 301,O27 AWESOME JOB EVERYONE !!!!!!

Recognition for the people who pledged their steps:

@lindamtuck2018- 3/7
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 - 6/7
    @iHUSTLE4MUSCLE - 7/7
    @Beautyofdreams -3/7
    @shortyjmorgan1 - 4/7
    @scribb -3/7
    @lelbarou -1/7
    @888Angie888 -5/7
    @DawnCumm -3/7
    @363days - 2/7
    @iradi8- 4/7
    @azkunk- 0/7
    @draby2011 -5/7
    @rlaskey2 -5/7
    @Tazaria87 -6/7
    @mari_moulin -7/7
    @Z1ORtza- 4/7
    @cesse47 -7/7
    CONGRATS EVERYONE :):):):):)

0/7 ... 😞 I think 8K is more of a realistic goal with my current work schedule. Is it possible to change. I feel like 10K is not achievable right now and I can push it to possibly make 8K

Absolutely ... I will change it right now :)
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    1/17 Steps 6,320
    1/18 Steps 17,316
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,862 Member
    Options
    Littleflutterby
    Weigh in Day: Tuesday
    PW:310.8
    CW: 308.6

SW-375
    LTD-66.4

Just heading to yet another appointment! Was hard to get in to post this morning. But I managed eventually!

Great loss ....Congrats :)
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Daily Post January 18
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 91oz
    Steps 6948
    Exercise 25min Inc Dance Fit Video

Did not move enough besides doing my workout so my steps are low. Normally I get any remaining steps I need after the kids go to bed but my husband and I got to playing a new board game we just bought and the night passed quickly. It was a lot of fun though!
    Last night was a new dinner recipe of Chicken and Veggie Yellow Curry. It was fabulous but definitely needed to be cut into 3 portions and not just 2, we were both stuffed! Plus, on an average day I don't have almost 900 calories to spend on dinner lol. Tonight my husband is making ribs.
    Thank you to everyone who commented on my collage post! I really am so very proud of myself and putting that together really reminded me of how far I've come. I've had some days recently where it was hard to stick to plan and I just wanted to eat all the things. It was very therapeutic for me to put it together.
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Took the day off today because I am having my paint inspected. We have been complaining about the terrible job done since the day it was painted over 6 months ago. The appointment got canceled because it’s raining 😩 I am going to make the best out of the day though and go and get my oil changed. There were no available appointments so it’s going to be a long wait.

@lindamtuck2018 - do the water test, there is nothing to fear. The pot is really safe. Here is a tip I learned ... on the very inside of the pot write ‘NO’ in sharpie on the little warning label. Many people, even people who use their pots all of the time, accidentally forget the inner pot and poor liquid straight into the outer pot. I always thought how could they do that until one day, I went to poor in broth and saw the ‘NO’. It’s an awesome tool. Best hard boiled eggs, steel cut oats, soups, roasts and chicken are things I love in the pot.

@littleflutterby - fantastic LTD 🤩

@iradi8 - thanks for the support lately. I hope your hubby is doing what he can to recharge between shifts. Working the ED during this pandemic must be so emotionally and physically draining. Awesome steps yesterday 🏃🏻‍♀️
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    jzti2an1w6ky.png

THE IDEA LOUNGE

This is where to bring your ideas, suggestions, musings, and ruminations! Everyone in the F2F community is welcome to be heard. What kind of ideas? :)

Challenges - We have tried several ways to keep fresh and interesting challenges happening every week. The best so far is to gather what everybody thinks would work. Post your ideas, even if they are just sketches. We will collect them all and share the full list to flesh them out and make some really useful and strong challenges. Why challenges? There is nothing better to help keep the energy and commitment high, and the discouragement and staleness low. They are optional but really helpful. Tell us which ones you like, or what new ideas you'd like to see.

Suggestions - this is wide open! What would make F2F better? What bugs you? What works really well? Take some time to look around on other teams than your own, and if you see something you'd like your team to try, suggest it! Or if you think of ways we can improve communication, reward the right kind of progress, or make the community more welcoming and effective. Spill!
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps 1/18: 9,097
  • DawnCumm
    DawnCumm Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Megan_smartiepants1970

1/18/21 steps = 9,842

Totally went off course yesterday but back on my wagon today. Prepared all my lunches for the week too and I think that will help.
  • 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    What is up with my body??? I did great last week and felt so much better with cravings. I ate Mexican food over the weekend, overate on Sunday but back on plan yesterday. Today's scale showed I'm 4 pounds over! It's like my body wants to hold on to everything that goes in. I'm bummed.
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    363days wrote: »
    What is up with my body??? I did great last week and felt so much better with cravings. I ate Mexican food over the weekend, overate on Sunday but back on plan yesterday. Today's scale showed I'm 4 pounds over! It's like my body wants to hold on to everything that goes in. I'm bummed.

Just eat clean the next couple of days, watch the sodium and drink lots of water. I doubt you overate enough to gain 4lbs. You are probably retaining water.
  • 363days
    Options

Just eat clean the next couple of days, watch the sodium and drink lots of water. I doubt you overate enough to gain 4lbs. You are probably retaining water.

Thanks, I know this with my mind but my emotions need reining back.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Littleflutterby
    Weigh in Day: Tuesday
    PW:310.8
    CW: 308.6

SW-375
    LTD-66.4

Just heading to yet another appointment! Was hard to get in to post this morning. But I managed eventually!

Awesome loss! I have had trouble getting in the community the last few days. How have you been feeling?

Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Daily Post January 18
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 91oz
    Steps 6948
    Exercise 25min Inc Dance Fit Video

Did not move enough besides doing my workout so my steps are low. Normally I get any remaining steps I need after the kids go to bed but my husband and I got to playing a new board game we just bought and the night passed quickly. It was a lot of fun though!
    Last night was a new dinner recipe of Chicken and Veggie Yellow Curry. It was fabulous but definitely needed to be cut into 3 portions and not just 2, we were both stuffed! Plus, on an average day I don't have almost 900 calories to spend on dinner lol. Tonight my husband is making ribs.
    Thank you to everyone who commented on my collage post! I really am so very proud of myself and putting that together really reminded me of how far I've come. I've had some days recently where it was hard to stick to plan and I just wanted to eat all the things. It was very therapeutic for me to put it together.

Your dinner sounds so good. I wish my husband would be more adventurous when it comes to food. Your pictures are such inspiration to so many of us, it is good that it helped you.

I think the Mexican food would have lots of sodium. I agree with @azkunk you really need to watch your sodium and drink extra water over the next few days. That pesky water weight will disappear by Friday’s weigh in.
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    Options

My body is very similar. I know how frustrating it is. I think because I normally am very low in sodium with my diet, that when I eat something off plan, the sodium really blows me up for days, both on the scale and physically too. The only thing that really helps me is to pull back my diet extra 3 days following. That's always the hardest part though. I love Mexican food.
  • 363days
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 @ihustle4muscle Thanks for the encouragement, guys. I have been ordering Mexican food for the last 3 weekends, then work to lose the water weight by weigh in day. I think this weekend I'm going to make something home-made, instead, to see if that cuts down on the sodium and gets me out of this cycle. I could eat Mexican every day of the week but I need to find a low cal way to get my fix. Does anyone have a good spicy recipe to recommend?
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    @363days
    It's hard not to be bummed when that scale goes up. Like azkunk said, it's probably water weight. Just stay on track and it'll come off. The most important thing is to just keep going!
This discussion has been closed.