WEIGH IN: FRIDAY, Jan 22:
    PW: 176
    CW: 177.6

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,510 Member
    Options
    rlaskey2 wrote: »
    Steps 9,559

Did my power ignite workout which was tough but good. Dinner was Italian turkey meatball and ditilini soup. I have been following the skinnytaste meal plan for 5 weeks. It has been great in helping me reduce carbs and cheese in my meals. Success is based on choosing snacks well since the meal plan includes breakfast, lunch and dinner at approx 1,000 calories.

Do you pay for the skinny taste meal plan? It’s working so well for you. It would be something that might work for me.

1/21

Food logged.
    Under calories.
    Drank 96 oz. water.
    Slept 8 hours.m

No exercise. :(

@Bluetail6 Lee, I emphasize with the 1200 calories is so little. The highest amount MFP has ever given me is 1240 and I am 5'7" for crying out loud. Can't even lose a pound on 1200 now unless I exercise and net calories are under 1200. You have the right idea about eating and life balance. Wishing you continued success.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 glad you are feeling better. So sorry that the PT care was so poor. Can you find another one that your insurance will cover that you would like better? Your long walks with Aspen are so inspiring but hate to think how much pain you are in.

Will make a point to get to the rec center tomorrow for exercise. Am having supper with my sister and her husband and know it will be a big meal with desert. Time to practice portion control. Overeating is really common for me in these situations because I cook like a bachelor and everyone else's cooking is so much better than mine. Will make it a point to be mindful.

Tell me what do you think is age appropriate clothing and colors for an over 50 woman? I was reading an article that pretty much stated that if the clothing wasn't black, gray, camel or navy that you should not wear it. And if it was on trend that you shouldn't wear it. It makes me sad because when I was able to buy regular sizes, I bought clothes that were colorful and made me smile. Just the whole article made me feel like I should be covered from throat to toe and wear minimal makeup to try to blend into the background. It is just like when you are a certain size you are expected to dress to not draw attention to yourself. Why do some people want so many women to be invisible?

Age appropriate is what ever you want. Just take swimming, a woman should be able to wear a bikini no matter her size or age. It is not the days of dressing like our grandmas. This article sounds awful in my opinion. Even now I go to the plus size store I will buy all colours except orange and yellow as the wash me out. Truthfully, I do wear mostly black yoga pants and that’s just a comfort thing. It just has become a habit. I remember when I gained the weight and had to switch to plus size clothes over 30 years ago. The choices were terrible back then. Now I have some pretty dresses and tops in all colours. I have some funky colour leggings. Also, I feel no one should be ridiculed for what they wear. It is unfortunate that some people don’t want people on the heavy side or women to be seen. I think it has improved over the years. I remember being insulted many times for being overweight but it hasn’t happened in a long while.

Bluetail6 wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018

PW: 164.2
    CW: 163.2
    LTD: 31

Congrats on you loss!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Piqueaboo wrote: »
    username: Piqueaboo
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    PW (Previous Weight): 212.2
    CW (Current Weight): 213.3
    LTD (Loss to Date): 35.2 lost to date

My first week in the new apartment! I'm still sorting things out and haven't had the time to think about planning etc, however, it will come. I gained 1lbs, but that's mainly because I really fancied pasta several times this week and didn't measure. I have a doctor's appointment later today to ask for permission to go swimming (here in France we need doctors' approval to access the pools, as everything is locked down) to start working out slowly again, and I love swimming!

Overall I'm still really happy with my progress this far (5lbs this month!) and need to be careful not to put too much pressure on myself.

I think putting pressure on ourselves can sometimes have the opposite effect we wanted. It is one of the reasons I stopped counting my days binge free. It was causing the binge eating to get worse. I wish we had what France is doing. I also love swimming. All our pools are closed due to lockdown. Do you swim laps or do water exercises? Or maybe a combination of both? I do both and I am going to add some water jogging once they open.

WEIGH IN: FRIDAY, Jan 22:
    PW: 176
    CW: 177.6

Do you think this could be due to the big losses in the last few weeks? I am expecting a gain in the next week or two as I have lost over 12 pounds in 2 weeks. This usually happens to me.
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Thursday’s Check In
    Steps: 4,564 ✅
    Tracked: ✅
    Sleep: ✅
    Water: ✅
    Healthy snacks: ✅

PW 222.4
    CW 218.4
    LTD 44.4

Not sure if this is still part water. I do think there is some fat loss. When I was in that binge cycle I ate over 4,000 calories some days. I have been staying under my weekly calorie average for the last few weeks.

All green check in. Steps will be low today as I am paying for everything I did yesterday. I have one box that has to be put away. I want to finish that and clean the bathrooms. The weekend we will be putting together the bunk beds we bought for the grandchildren. Should be interesting hopefully we don’t kill each other. 😂 All my pictures need to be hung and some of the curtains need to go up. Still going back and forth between curtains or blinds.

Happy FriYAY!
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    Options

Do you think this could be due to the big losses in the last few weeks? I am expecting a gain in the next week or two as I have lost over 12 pounds in 2 weeks. This usually happens to me.

Yes, and no Linda. It's hard to say, because I had two off plan days this week, so I know my diet wasn't as on task as the previous two weeks, despite my workouts. Diet is everything. You can't outrun it, that's for sure. I'm still happy with my progress this month though. Although I am still 4 lbs higher than when I first started with the group.

Thank you for always questioning and making me think it through. Your support here helps me so much.

Hope everyone here has a great weekend!
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Daily Post January 21
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 100oz
    Steps 9268
    Exercise 24 min Inc Dance Fit Video

Got the rest of my steps in last night in a fun way. The kids had a disney movie on (The Little Mermaid) so we danced during all the songs. It was fun haha. Today is grocery shopping day and we are going to have my infant niece with us. I'm going to baby wear her in a carrier around all the stores so maybe that can count for exercise lol.
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps 1/21: 18,565
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,509 Member
    Options
    Megan_Smartiepants1970
    PW: 225.4
    CW 222.0 ( loss 3.4 lbs)
    LTD 47lbs
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    1/21 Steps 13,637
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,509 Member
    Options
    iradi8 wrote: »
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    1/21 Steps 13,637

Sorry if I missed it but I do not have steps from you on 1/20
  • iradi8
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    1/20 Steps 14,409
    I have a hard time remembering if I sent my steps, so I probably forgot:) Thanks.
  • 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 I am so excited for you and your success.
  • iradi8
    Options
    @Tazaria87
    You sure know how to have fun! I love it:)

@lindamtuck2018
    Moving is so hard. Unpacking can be exhausting. You are doing great! I see all of those green checks. It must feel good to see that scale going down:) I know what you mean about not counting your days binge free. To me, it seems that by counting them, it makes you think about binging, so maybe the opposite effect.

@Piqueaboo
    I love swimming but don't have an indoor pool to use. That will be great for you if you can start swimming. Five pounds down in a month is great!

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Hope you're feeling a bit better.

@Beautyofdreams
    I'm 5'6.5" and am eating about 1800 calories a day. That's what MFP came up with for me. I would not be able to sustain 1200 a day. I think the lowest I could comfortable go and sustain it would be about 1600.

@Bluetail6
    I like your plan. That's a healthy attitude to have. We all have to think about long term and make sure that we are able to maintain our losses.

@lelbarou
    Glad you're doing well:)

@iHUSTLE4MUSCLE
    My scale goes up and down during the week. My weight can vary by almost two pounds from one day to the next. You're doing great overall!

@rlaskey2
    Just the name of your workout sounds intense! Power ignite!
  • 363days
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 weigh in
    pw 169.6
    CW 169.8
    I'm thrilled to only have gained .2, which probably isn't a real gain. I'm going to try to not go crazy over the weekend so I can get consistent about losing weight. I actually lost 4 lbs this week after gaining it from a fun weekend - haha.
  • 363days
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    1/17 11003
    1/18 11319
    1/19 6287
    1/20 3314
    1/21 3472
This discussion has been closed.