Slower Weight loss at 50?

Options

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,116 Member
    Options
    hello.
    A bit later today than normal. Currently 41, somewhat cloudy and a high of 44 expected.
    Back to my fruit and cinnamon for breakfast this morning.
    No special plans for today. I'm tired and achy. So ready for the page to turn.
    Stay safe and healthy, have a good day, everyone.
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 20,527 Member
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

It's cool and clear right now, but should warm up into the 50s this afternoon, with overcast skies and a good chance of overnight rain.

The garbage and recycle bins are at the curb and will need to be brought back up later. Not a lot on the agenda for today, though I do give Lilo her Wednesday afternoon fluid treatment.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    We had a dusting of large flakes of snow just a little while ago. Currently 37 partly cloudy, with a high of 39 today.
    I just reread Lincoln's 2nd inaugural address as a reminder. It's short and to the point.
    It's a day to celebrate. We have a long way to go to dig ourselves out of this mess, but I feel a bit of relief...the stopping of a blaring horn.
    Have a good day, everyone.
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! It's chilly and raining this morning, and should get up into only the lower mid 50s today. Rain may taper off this afternoon, but there's no guarantee of that.

I am beginning to compile the next grocery list, which I may go out and pick up for myself on the weekend, to give J's car a spin.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    Options
    Good morning,
    36 and sunny with a high of 49 expected today. I will go out and enjoy some of that, because it will be colder for the next 10 days. Need to make a run to the library and take my car for a drive. Other than that, may do a zoom meditation session. Will see how I feel later.
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    good morning, going for chest ex rays been sick for a month now
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's fantastic Friday! It's chilly this morning at 43 but will get into the upper 50s this afternoon, with partly cloudy skies. I think right now it's a good time to just sip my tea and wait for the dishwasher to finish.

Breakfast was oatmeal, yogurt, and cheese.

• eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Sorry you're not well, Irene. I hope it's nothing serious and you feel better soon.
    Ed, I had an egg with avocado and peas for breakfast yesterday to change things up. Today I am back to my blueberries, apple and cinnamon. Hubs made chicken breasts in a vinegar sauce last night...that was kind of interesting.
    I skipped the meditation yesterday...was too restless to sit still for it. I signed up on a list to get notified when to register for the vaccine. We're stuck in the group ahead of ours due to vaccine shortages.
    It's currently 37 and cloudy with a high of 42 expected. Will see what the day brings.
    Happy Friday, everyone.
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's scintillating Saturday!

It's a cold 35 out there now but should warm up to a sunny 57 this afternoon. I need to take the cars out for some recharging this weekend.

• eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    27 and partly cloudy this a.m. with an expected high of 32...brrrrrrrr. Put on a turtle neck sweater, cable knit leggings and my fake Ugg boots. That should keep me warm. Watered my plants. Been working on a 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle, and have a bunch of books to read. Will probably make some soup today.
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,056 Member
    Options
    Good morning;
    Irene-I am sorry you have not been feeling well. I will keep you in my prayers.
    Vix-It was cold here too. I also had a heavy sweater on yesterday. I only went out to work and then the grocery store. It was very windy. Today we are supposed to have more of the same.
    I signed up to get updates from our pharmacy about when to expect the vaccine to be available.
    Ed-Your cookies looked amazing.
    I made chicken soup yesterday. It was comforting on a cold day.
    Hi Jan-hope you are well.
    No plans for today, we will see what the day brings.
    Have a good one and stay warm. :)
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday! It's partly cloudy and 37 with an expected high of 57, followed by overcast skies overnight with a decent chance of rain.

I think today I will make that longer trip in my car, as I did J's yesterday, driving randomly around for about 30 minutes. I try to vary the drives to change the scenery.

We did, eventually, finish off the cookies, but it took us a while as neither of us was eating more than two a day and we had two dozen cookies. They were the best cookies I have made in over 30 years, but then I don't do a lot of baking these days, so won't be doing that again any time soon.

I dreamed of buttery garlic bread and had that on my mind as I woke up. I am now trying to talk myself out of making a loaf of bread, with built in garlic, but Eduardo can be very persuasive. LOL.

If I do make that, maybe I will make pasta gravy too. Spaghetti (or chickpea rotini) might be a nice dinner, and I do have a pound of ground turkey thawed up in the refrigerator that I need to cook into something.

Today I have little on the agenda, though I may stop at a Kroger while driving. And picking up something to make salad might be a good idea as we ate the last of the available salad last night.

• eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Jo, good to hear from you. I thought you would be in the group that is being vaccinated now...I guess you're waiting for the supply. I hope it comes in soon.
    Ed, garlic bread sounds delish. Hubs took ground chicken out. (We like that better than the turkey). Different dialects again....what to you is pasta gravy is to us pasta sauce. Have a nice drive.
    It's cold again here, currently 21 with a high of 37, mix of clouds and sun today.
    Jan and Irene, I hope you're both feeling ok.
    I need to color my hair today, maybe some laundry, paperwork.
    Stay well and warm, everyone.
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Well, the bread is going now in my automatic bread maker.

I started with a basic recipe, changed the butter to olive oil, the sugar to wildflower honey, added a little cream as well, about 4 cloves of minced garlic, and then had to add a bit of milk as it needed more liquid.

It should be ready about 2:30, and then I can let it cool. At dinner time I can slice a bit off, add butter and cheese, and have home made garlic cheese toast ready in minutes.

As you may guess, we're having pasta for dinner. Probably some of the chickpea rotini to mitigate the carbs a bit.

I did buy salad at Kroger while out, and just need to make some salad dressing sometime before dinner.

I have no doubt I can find a suitable wine to pair with dinner.

I managed to find my Smithfield smoked, boneless pork chops. at Ingle's, as Kroger can't seem to get them. I asked an old friend in the meat department at Kroger and he said they haven't been able to get any since just before Christmas. I won't tell him that they are a bit less expensive at Ingle's. LOL. I will be using the chops for breakfast meat.

• Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Hello!!

Sounds like you all are mostly doing well! Irene, sorry you have not felt well. <3 Ed, your pasta and bread sound so good. I have been trying hard to cut my carbs as I have been a little too happy to indulge lately. Jo, hope you get vaccinated soon! I waited before I was ever tested, so I guess I will wait till I can get vaccinated at some point. We are behind the curve down here, too. Patience is indeed a virtue.

My tooth has healed fairly well. I go back on Feb. 2nd for cleaning and a plan. A friend has given me quail, so that is dinner tonite. Combining 2 recipes . One with Sherry, and an old smother fried quail recipe of the South. Hopefully it will be good. Need to go clean the buckshot out of it, but said friend thankfully cleaned then rather well, lol. Thinking some biscuits will be needed, lol!

Take care everyone. I think these next couple months are thankfully going to be better. :)
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Normally bread is not the star of a meal, but tonight it might be. After this cools, I will make garlic cheese toast out of a couple of slices, and then we can have that with our salad and pasta.

4ljdx0hporro.png

7ja3wy9acpr2.png

• parityanimal
    Options
    Dinner was a great success. Eduardo helped a little...

Salad with home made ranch dressing. No ranches were harmed in the making of the dressing.

Garlic cheese toast made with home made bread.

Pasta bake made with spicy red spaghetti gravy with ground turkey. J's bowl had no turkey and perhaps just a bit more cheese.

A nice red wine to accompany all the food.

I am stuffed. But it was all very good.

is75o5o4yar2.png

roizx2wsi57r.png

a3f0emnxu0sp.png

rkd4an9j1vso.png

• parityanimal
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's magnificent Monday!

It's 45 cool degrees out there now, and expected, as best I can tell, to reach 66 this afternoon, and stay warm overnight, with clouds gathering and a good chance of rain tomorrow.

Breakfast was a small (relatively) slice of my home made bread, with butter, and a small plate of leftover pasta with meat (well, turkey) sauce.

I need to call for a new bag of fluid for Lilo.

• eku0
    Options
    hi.
    Jan, glad your tooth is doing better. Sounds like you are enjoying your meals!
    Ed, I would be so fat if I could cook the way you do! The bread looks absolutely magnificent! The salad and pasta look delicious too! Hubs brought home a gluten free frozen pizza last night...I had a piece...for me, it wasn't worth the calories. I'd rather make my own on some type of gluten free bread.
    I've chatted on the phone and done some exercise already today. May do a little cleaning.
    It's currently 32 and cloudy, a high of 38 and a mix of snow and rain expected later.
    Hope everyone is having a good day.
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! It's warm and rainy this morning, but the rain should taper off as the day progresses.

I have given Lilo her Tuesday morning shot for arthritis.

I do not have any specific plans for today, but a nap might be nice.