Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    eku0 wrote: »
    Good morning....gray and chilly out...similar forecast to NJ....rain later and through Saturday.
    May go grocery shopping, do some things around the house. Going out later in the afternoon with my daughter to pick up some things for her baby shower coming up in a couple of weeks.
    Glad Annie is doing better, Irene.
    Roger, so far I've just put out my Autumn wreath...maybe I'll pull out the Halloween things today.
    Jo, I just brought one plant inside....I have another one to bring in, but that one's really heavy! Not supposed to be frost again for a while, it survived the last one, and I'm not sure where to put it, it got so big.
    Anyway, have a great day!
    Happy Friday, everyone.
    Hi Vix
    The Winds seem to be picking up again, they had picked up after I left the house this morning and then dies down somewhat and now back up looking stronger than before :( As long as they do not eat the Electric Power or damage the house and yard, I don't much care.

that reminds me I need to Pull the Ceramic Pumpkin mom made one year out of storage.

Could You just root some cuttings on that really large plant and start over with a more manageable size ?

No Autumn wreath here, hmm... likely to late to get one now.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good morning;
    My car will not be ready until the middle of next week. They found a few more thing that need to be repaired and are waiting on approval from the insurance co.
    Today my daughter and I are going to take a glass blowing class and make a blown glass pumpkin. It should be fun.
    The rain hasn't started here yet.
    Have any of you been watching the world series? I haven't been able to stay awake that long.
    Have a great day and stay dry. :)
    Hi Joanne
    I hope You have better luck with the car than someone I worked with, The repair on his 1 or 2 week old car that his brother borrowed and wrecked took forever as the started work, found more damage, called Insurance Adjuster, and that cycle repeated over and over for months. I bet if they had been required to provide a rental car that process would have been much quicker.

Are You planning to use that Pumpkin this year as a Halloween or Thanksgiving Decoration ?

Glass blowing is a interesting art form as I see it. Tangential to what my brother did for years where he created Neon signs and did repairs as well as create Art with it to use as gifts.

Answer, Nope I keep forgetting that the Poorly named World Series is on. I call it poorly named as where are all the teams competing from around the world, locations such as Japan.

Enjoy the Glass Blowing
    Roger
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,369 Member
    Good morning. Raining here since yesterday afternoon.
    Roger your post got posted 2 times in full. Walking in the rain is not so bad if you're dressed for it and not walking on dirt paths. I'm sure the park is just mud today.
    Enjoy your day, Irene...sometimes it's good to slow down.
    Jo, the glassblowing sounds like fun....I've always wanted to do that...one of these days I'll get around to it. :wink: I heard the game went for 18 innings last night. I don't generally watch more than a few innings while I'm doing something else. It can be kind of slow. I'm sure it'll be good to get your car back all fixed up. Annoying not to have one. (I have insurance that pays for a loaner/rental car, it's so much easier.)
    Walked in the park yesterday, went grocery shopping, and then went with my daughter to get paper plates , tableware, and prizes for her baby shower. Pretty busy day.
    Will see what today brings...
    Happy Saturday, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    humor was just posted, enjoy

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and No Money found. The Temperature out the door was 47 degrees and comfortable, Saturday's weather forecast came true with a steady rain all morning. It also appears that there was some more rain overnight since things outdoors were wet.

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2018/10/26/ngineering-study-texas-red-light-cameras-illegal/
    Lack Of Engineering Study May Make Hundreds Of North Texas Red-Light Cameras Illegal

https://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2018/10/26/apple-and-samsung-punished-for-slowing-down-old-smartphones/?utm_source=Naked+Security+-+Sophos+List&utm_campaign=7f3a3cdd56-Naked+Security+daily+news+email&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_31623bb782-7f3a3cdd56-418502465
    Apple and Samsung punished for slowing down old smartphones

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2018-10-canadian-doctors-museum.html
    Canadian doctors to start prescribing museum visits

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger

Hello Joanne and Irene
  • RogerToo
    Good morning. Raining here since yesterday afternoon.
    Roger your post got posted 2 times in full. Walking in the rain is not so bad if you're dressed for it and not walking on dirt paths. I'm sure the park is just mud today.
    Enjoy your day, Irene...sometimes it's good to slow down.
    Jo, the glassblowing sounds like fun....I've always wanted to do that...one of these days I'll get around to it. :wink: I heard the game went for 18 innings last night. I don't generally watch more than a few innings while I'm doing something else. It can be kind of slow. I'm sure it'll be good to get your car back all fixed up. Annoying not to have one. (I have insurance that pays for a loaner/rental car, it's so much easier.)
    Walked in the park yesterday, went grocery shopping, and then went with my daughter to get paper plates , tableware, and prizes for her baby shower. Pretty busy day.
    Will see what today brings...
    Happy Saturday, everyone. :)
    Hi Vix
    The problem with walking in the rain where I am is the puddles that build up at the corners of the streets. Every now and then I end up misjudging the depth and end up with a shoe(s) full of water. Thus I am careful in the choice of where I walk as some areas are worse than others to the point where the only decent way around them is to veer into the street.

The News here was all over the fact that it was the longest game ever for a series game :smiley:

Paper Plates ? There are some really nice disposable plastic plates and utensils. FWIW I also have some Wicker items that are designed to add rigidity to paper plates. I use one daily generally more to make it easy to handle and insulate hot foods in the microwave. I put a paper plate on it then sit the NS meals or the vegetables on it before Microwaving.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    Another chilly day, supposed to be some sunshine later.
    We bought Chinet plates, they're pretty heavy duty. I was looking at the prettier Dixie plates, but they're not as sturdy. Disposable/recyclable are easier for large parties. I use regular dishes for everyday. Most of them are microwave safe.
    Had a fairly lazy day yesterday, did a few things around the house and was checking out different grocery stores for party trays. Ordered some more CBD, and some vitamins online. Time really gets away from me when I'm online.
    Happy Sunday, everyone. :)
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    good morning, we had a nice walk, it did stop raining here oh yesterday I found a quarter nice I usually don't find any thing so when I do it's a big thing no plans for today just chilling take care
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good morning;
    We had fun making our pumpkins.jwh2jhc2dhxo.jpg

• Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    Irene-congratulations on finding a quarter. I haven't found any money lately.
    Vix-How fun, planning the baby shower. :)
    Roger-It was raining so hard here on Sat, that we only went to the glass blowing class and then came home. Yesterday it was sunny and quite warm.
    Today I will putter around the house. When hubby gets home from work, he is taking me to get a rental car.
    Have a great day! :)
  • RogerToo
    I just posted more humor

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and No Money found. The Temperature out the door was 47 degrees and comfortable, There was some more rain overnight since things outdoors were wet once again.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-italy-rome-protests/romans-protest-at-eternal-decline-of-italian-capital-idUSKCN1N10GO
    Romans protest at eternal decline of Italian capital

https://www.bloombergquint.com/businessweek/your-dna-is-out-there-do-you-want-law-enforcement-using-it#gs.GH=AkpM
    Your DNA Is Out There. Do You Want Law Enforcement Using It?

https://www.engadget.com/2018/10/26/sidewalk-labs-ann-cavoukian-smart-city/
    Google’s smart city dream is turning into a privacy nightmare

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-6316275/Alcohol-helps-remember-good-times-not-bad-ones-study-says.html
    You CAN drink away your troubles, study says: Alcohol affects a gene making your brain forget the bad times and only remember the good ones

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning.
    Another chilly day, supposed to be some sunshine later.
    We bought Chinet plates, they're pretty heavy duty. I was looking at the prettier Dixie plates, but they're not as sturdy. Disposable/recyclable are easier for large parties. I use regular dishes for everyday. Most of them are microwave safe.
    Had a fairly lazy day yesterday, did a few things around the house and was checking out different grocery stores for party trays. Ordered some more CBD, and some vitamins online. Time really gets away from me when I'm online.
    Happy Sunday, everyone. :)
    Hi Vix
    I will admit that Fall has arrived, sadly.

Chinet plates are nice and sturdy is good.
    There is some really nice disposable flatware available and if or when I get takeout the quality of what they supply is all over the place.

Sadly I was out to the grocery store with my brother and as a result I overate.
    I am undecided as to whether or not to run to the Acme for a couple Dozen Medium Eggs at $0.77 a dozen to be turned into hard boiled eggs. I also bought two pounds of Kellers Butter at $2.99 a pound from the Shoprite as I have been using what my brother has been buying for a while now and it seemed only fair.

I also managed to forget to pick up Vitamin C :(

Online is a time sink for me, I surface and look at the clock and wonder where the time went.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, jo love how your pumpkins look. We went for a little walk Annie re hurt her paw yesterday so we are only going to take short walks for awhile. George's engine light came on Friday so I will be taking his truck in to see what is wrong hopefully not real serious but the truck is 13 years old and never had any problems . take care everyone
  • RogerToo
    good morning, we had a nice walk, it did stop raining here oh yesterday I found a quarter nice I usually don't find any thing so when I do it's a big thing no plans for today just chilling take care
    Hi Irene
    You are finding more money than I, Lately I have been finding nothing :(

BTW Hows Annie's foot
    Congratulations on Your find and the Nice Walk
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning;
    We had fun making our pumpkins.
    Hi Joanne
    Nice Pumpkins. From the Glass Blowing Class ?
    Good morning;
    Irene-congratulations on finding a quarter. I haven't found any money lately.
    Vix-How fun, planning the baby shower. :)
    Roger-It was raining so hard here on Sat, that we only went to the glass blowing class and then came home. Yesterday it was sunny and quite warm.
    Today I will putter around the house. When hubby gets home from work, he is taking me to get a rental car.
    Have a great day! :)
    To sum up the weather forecast was accurate with what they said would happen.

Is the rental car being paid for by the insurance ?

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    Great pumpkins, Jo! Good that you'll be getting a rental car. I am so spoiled, I don't like the feeling of not having a car.
    Irene, sorry that Annie's paw is giving her such a hard time. How old is Annie now?
    Roger, it was dry enough for us to walk in the park yesterday. The leaves are starting to change color. It's pretty. Saw a little garden snake in the path.
    I have a massage and acupuncture scheduled for today....I should be very relaxed!
    Happy Monday,everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    I shall be posting more humor shortly

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and No Money found. The Temperature out the door was 41 degrees and comfortable. The Weather for Halloween is forecast for a high in the 60s, Whoopee.

I see that my Non Frozen NS order is being shipped from CHAMBERSBURG, PA USA, and that this seems a bit weird "Label created, Shipment information sent to FedEx, Sparks, NV
    As well as My Frozen NS order From Breinigsville, PA USA is "In transit, On FedEx vehicle for delivery from CARTERET, NJ
    Hopefully it will arrive earlier than the last two and not have to sit on the porch overnight to help it stay frozen. I prefer to process it in before 4PM when If I am feeling worn out I can get 3 hours of shuteye before the evenings activities.

Now for some Humor :smiley:
    The Businessman, the Beach, the Bible ...
    A businessman was in a great deal of trouble. His business was failing, he had put everything he had into the business and he owed everybody. It was so bad he was even contemplating suicide.

As a last resort he went to a priest and poured out his story of tears and woe. When he had finished, the priest said, "Here's what I want you to do. Put a beach chair and your Bible in your car and drive down to the beach. Take the beach chair and the Bible to the water's edge, sit down in the beach chair and put the Bible in your lap. Open the Bible; the wind will rifle the pages, but finally the open Bible will come to rest on a page. Look down at the page and read the first thing you see. That will be your answer, that will tell you what to do."

A year later the businessman went back to the priest and brought his wife and children with him. The man was in a new custom-tailored suit, his wife in a mink coat, the children shining. The businessman pulled an envelope stuffed with money out of his pocket, gave it to the priest as a donation in thanks for his advice.
    The priest recognized the benefactor and was curious. "You did as I suggested?" he asked.
    "Absolutely," replied the businessman.
    "You went to the beach?"
    "Absolutely."
    "You sat in a beach chair with the Bible in your lap?"
    "Absolutely."
    "You let the pages rifle until they stopped?"
    "Absolutely."
    "And what were the first words you saw?"
    "Chapter 11."

https://nypost.com/2018/10/28/why-you-should-cheer-not-gripe-when-teens-come-trick-or-treating/
    Why you should cheer, not gripe, when teens come trick-or-treating

I find these statistics hard to believe.
    https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/26/why-peanut-food-allergies-have-become-almost-epidemic.html
    Why peanut reactions have become 'almost epidemic' — and what to do about food allergies
    A study from the Jaffe Food Allergy Institute at New York's Mount Sinai hospital found that from 1997 to 2008, peanut allergies tripled from 1-in-250 children to 1-in-70.

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/matier-ross/article/SF-spends-300k-register-noncitizen-voters-how-much-13340917.php?t=1cc71b89e3SF spends $300,000 to register noncitizen voters — a whopping 49 sign up

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/cats-invasive-species-in-your-backyard-cbsn-originals/
    Killer cats: The invasive species in your backyard.
    But in one notable case, humans have been happy to make an invasive species feel at home. We're talking about cats: one of the most prolific invasive species in history.

The National Wildlife Federation defines invasive species as any kind of living organism — an animal, plant, seeds, even bacteria or fungus — that is not native to an ecosystem and causes harm. It turns out that domesticated cats have no native range. Originally bred from wild cats and introduced to North America by European colonists, domesticated cats are now listed as one of the top 100 invasive species worldwide by the International Union for the Conservation of Nature.

More by following the link

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning.
    Great pumpkins, Jo! Good that you'll be getting a rental car. I am so spoiled, I don't like the feeling of not having a car.
    Irene, sorry that Annie's paw is giving her such a hard time. How old is Annie now?
    Roger, it was dry enough for us to walk in the park yesterday. The leaves are starting to change color. It's pretty. Saw a little garden snake in the path.
    I have a massage and acupuncture scheduled for today....I should be very relaxed!
    Happy Monday,everyone. :)
    Hi Vix
    I tried out the tri color light in the Ceramic Pumpkin this morning in the darkened Living Room and I think it'll catch the eye, especially after dark. I have a second one, different make that I may sit on the step to the porch along with the Pumpkin on either side of the Door to catch the eye by day better.

The leaves are now turning and starting to fall.

The Problem with walking under trees after a rain fall is the drops falling out of the tree.

I hope Today is as nice for You as Monday Was
    Enjoy

Roger

Hi Irene

Hi Joanne
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, we had an awesome walk this morning we went further than usual I already have in all my steps but I will be taking Annie for a second walk later. Vix Annie is 12 years old you would never believe how active she is I think it is a hunting breed. well gotta go enjoy your day every one
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    I got my car back last night. I am so happy not to have to depend on someone to take me somewhere. :)
    Irene-I hope Annie's paw is feeling better.
    Roger-I found a penny yesterday, thus ending my long streak on finding no money. Yes,the pumpkins are the results of the glass blowing class. We may go again and make an ornament.
    Vix-Have you ever fallen asleep while having a massage? I have nodded off a couple of times being so relaxed.
    Have a great day and Happy Halloween!
  • RogerToo
    I just posted more humor

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and No Money found. The Temperature out the door was 35 degrees and comfortable. The Weather for Halloween is forecast for a high in the 60s, Whoopee.

The frozen portion of my NS order arrived at 3:25 PM and was checked in and stored away in the freezer by 4:10PM.
    The Non Frozen portion shows as leaving West Virginia at 11:51PM Tuesday evening, Hmm...

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/29/upshot/a-sense-of-alarm-as-rural-hospitals-keep-closing.html
    A Sense of Alarm as Rural Hospitals Keep Closing

https://www.studyfinds.org/declining-trust-americans-sending-grave-sooner/
    Declining Trust Among Americans May Be Sending Many To Grave Sooner

https://www.yahoo.com/news/anti-vaccine-billboards-appear-several-states-104234260.html
    Anti-vaccine billboards appear in several states

Good, I do not want to smell the smoke either
    https://www.westword.com/news/marijuana-smell-lawsuit-that-could-endanger-colorado-pot-biz-goes-to-trial-10952118
    Marijuana Smell Lawsuit That Could Endanger Colorado Pot Biz Goes to Trial

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger