Love Your Health: Feb 2021 Challenge

Options

Replies

• Ringbearer2
    Ringbearer2 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    2/8

Carbs 11✅—- what? Really ?
    Calories 1152—✅. A little under especially considering exercise but I just wasn’t hungry
    Exercise ✅ epic hike in 20 inches of untracked snow —all uphill, of course 😀
    Housework— scrubbed down the stove hood. Meh.

I had the most delicious dinner last night— Buffalo Shrimp. It’s so simple- lightly steam peeled deveined large shrimp, toss in Buffalo sauce, serve with blue cheese dressing ( I make my own). Soooo tasty. I make a side of pasta with pesto or spinach sauce for the husband. The flavors blend together well.

What’s everyone else eating?
  • MaraOfNaamah
    MaraOfNaamah Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Monday February 8th

1- Log everything ✔️
    2- Stick to my meal plan ✔️
    3- 8,500 steps each day ❌
    4- Meditate before bed to help relieve stress/sleep better ✔️

I ended up going to bed super early (I retreated to our bed room around 6:30), so I only got 6,500 steps in.
  • jennordhavn
    jennordhavn Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    2/8
    1. Track everything ✅
    2. 55-70+ G protein ✅ (exceeded at 80 g)
    3. Under 50 net carbs ✅ (34 net)
    4. 1,200 - 1,300 calories ✅ (1,281)
    5. 64 oz water/decaf liquids ❌ (48 oz)
    For the month:
    6. Lose 5 pounds ❌ (0.4 so far)

SW: 209.8
    CW: 209.4
    GW: 204.8
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    2/9
    Lean Beast - done back/bis, plus about 40 min of Mina Lessing with light weights for some cardio
    Daily Calories - 1,272
    100g protein - 54 oof
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    👎👎 okay, I weighed in for my comp today and as expected had gained 1.8 pounds. Bummer. Now, I’ve increased weights recently when lifting and made some poor choices so I get the gain.

2/9
    Long day at work but across the board, carbs, calories and protein all in check. I had dinner then really really really wanted more. But, I refused to give in. I still want something like nuts but have come to bed so the chances of heading to the kitchen are slim. That’s a win in my book. Now to re-lose that pesky 1.8...
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,437 Member
    Options
    2/9 food is okay... no workout still I bruised my hip and hurt my ankle on our walk yesterday when I fell in a mud puddle ughhh
  • Ringbearer2
    Options
    2/9. carbs✅ 27
    cals ❌. 1297—cheese, why must you be so delicious?
    Exercise ?— nothing specific but I did get over 14k steps so I’ll call that a wash
    Household—scrubbed the stovetop

• Ringbearer2
    Options
    2/9 food is okay... no workout still I bruised my hip and hurt my ankle on our walk yesterday when I fell in a mud puddle ughhh

Oh no! I hope you mend quickly!
  • jennordhavn
    Options
    2/9
    1. Track everything ✅
    2. 55-70+ G protein ✅ (exceeded at 83 g)
    3. Under 50 net carbs ✅ (35 net)
    4. 1,200 - 1,300 calories ❌ (1,316)
    5. 64 oz water/decaf liquids ✅ (80 oz)
    For the month:

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options

Oh no! I hope you mend quickly!

Thanks ...Gonna try to go for a walk after my GP appointment :)
  • jennordhavn
    Options
    2/8

My sister is the cook in my fam and she’s doing keto. Monday we had air fried pork chops (‘breaded’ with pork rinds) and broccoli. Last night we had steak and veggie stir fry. Tonight we’re having cauliflower/broccoli soup with Carbquick cheddar garlic biscuits.
  • Ringbearer2
    Options
    2/8

My sister is the cook in my fam and she’s doing keto. Monday we had air fried pork chops (‘breaded’ with pork rinds) and broccoli. Last night we had steak and veggie stir fry. Tonight we’re having cauliflower/broccoli soup with Carbquick cheddar garlic biscuits.

All of that sounds delicious. Did the rinds stick to the chops? I’ve had variable success with my air fryer.
  • GigiDeborah
    GigiDeborah Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Fasting 45 hours - just can't make it to 48 - had some chicken broth, cheddar cheese and fried pork belly from Trader Joes. Now I feel stuffed and a little nauseous. But down another pound this am. Yeah!!!

I'm day fasting too! Right now my daily goal is 23 hours and it's going okay. I'm so impressed! You are doing great! I'm happy to find another faster. xxoo
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    2/10
    Calories, carbs, protein 😁 a good day overall. With the snow and cold I’d love to just curl up on the couch and do nothing but eat treats and sleep but I can’t do that so I’ve stayed focused on work and watching my food intake. I wanted to snack throughout the day but decided to do something for myself as a distraction so I got my nail done instead. Still having good move days even though my poor pup isn’t getting daily walks in the cold temps. Next week is looking a bit better on that front.
  • Ringbearer2
    Options
    2/10

Carbs✅ 21—I really need to work on my protein though
    Cals. ✅ 1152
    Exercise✅ Walked to the grocery store in wind and snow. I’m counting it.
    Household—cleaned under the bed. I don’t know why I have feather comforters.
  • jennordhavn
    Options
    2/10
    1. Track everything ✅
    2. 55-70+ G protein ✅ (66 g)
    3. Under 50 net carbs ✅ (27 net)
    4. 1,200 - 1,300 calories ✅ (1,253)
    5. 64 oz water/decaf liquids ✅ (72 oz)
    For the month:

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    2/10 food okay... 68 minute walk for 2.76 miles ........2/11 walked 106 minutes 4.50 miles food over 71 calories so when I return from seeing a surgeon about possibly having another hernia I will do aerobics ..I hate seeing red numbers ughh
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    2/10
    Lean Beast - done cardio/abs, plus some combat for even more cardio
    Daily Calories - 1,635 (M)
    100g protein - good 117
  • Ringbearer2
    Options
    2/11

Carbs 25✅
    Cals 1025 ✅—-not sure how that happened. Glass of wine for me tonight!
    Exercise—✅10 mins cardio plus 17k steps
    Household—-getting ready for company so had to get cracking.