Love Your Health: Feb 2021 Challenge

Options

Replies

• taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    2/11
    Carbs, calories and protein 😁 I think calories were good or at least pretty close to plan. I had to estimate at dinner with some homemade and some carry out items. Regardless I went to bed feeling good and not overly full. Been having some good strength and cardio days too.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,020 Member
    Options
    2/11 food will be on point after my long walk today .....Update on me went to see my surgeon yesterday ...I have yet another hernia(it is never ending with me UGHH ...He did my 1st hernia when my daughter was 5 months old .... She is now 15
  • jennordhavn
    jennordhavn Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    2/11
    1. Track everything ✅
    2. 55-70+ G protein ✅ (65 g)
    3. Under 50 net carbs ✅ (25 net)
    4. 1,200 - 1,300 calories ❌ (1,313)
    5. 64 oz water/decaf liquids ❌ (52 oz)
    For the month:
    6. Lose 5 pounds ❌ (0.4 so far)

I have to adjust my macros a bit as I got lab work and my cholesterol is higher than ever even with losing 100 pounds. I plan to add some carbs (but healthy like oatmeal) and reduce saturated fat. Should be easy with some modifications. I will be eating more fish as well.

SW: 209.8
    CW: 209.4
    GW: 204.8
  • MaraOfNaamah
    MaraOfNaamah Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Thursday February 11th

1- Log everything ✔️
    2- Stick to my meal plan ❌
    3- 8,500 steps each day ✔️
    4- Meditate before bed to help relieve stress/sleep better ❌

I ate appropriately, and on track, but I ended up having cherry coke. I stayed within calories, but more carbs that I should have had. And I completely forgot to meditate, but I did get some reading in before bed.
  • MaraOfNaamah
    Options
    Household—-getting ready for company so had to get cracking.

Nice!! I've given up on cleaning for company. I just kind of gesture at the world, and my 3 kids, and sigh. 🤣
  • MaraOfNaamah
    Options
    taylok23 wrote: »
    2/11
    Carbs, calories and protein 😁 I think calories were good or at least pretty close to plan. I had to estimate at dinner with some homemade and some carry out items. Regardless I went to bed feeling good and not overly full. Been having some good strength and cardio days too.

I think going to bed feeling good is definitely a big win!!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    2/11
    Lean Beast - done shoulders...plus high & tight for extra legs...plus cardio...winning today!
    Daily Calories - 1,239
    100g protein - could be better 94
  • jennordhavn
    Options
    2/8
    What’s everyone else eating?

My sister is the cook in my fam and she’s doing keto. Monday we had air fried pork chops (‘breaded’ with pork rinds) and broccoli. Last night we had steak and veggie stir fry. Tonight we’re having cauliflower/broccoli soup with Carbquick cheddar garlic biscuits.

All of that sounds delicious. Did the rinds stick to the chops? I’ve had variable success with my air fryer.

Yes. She buys pre-ground rinds from pork king and they stick really good. She uses the pork chops from Costco.
  • MaraOfNaamah
    Options
    Friday February 12th

1- Log everything ✔️
    2- Stick to my meal plan ✔️
    3- 8,500 steps each day ✔️
    4- Meditate before bed to help relieve stress/sleep better ✔️

I actually got in 16k+ steps today!
  • Ringbearer2
    Ringbearer2 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Household—-getting ready for company so had to get cracking.

Nice!! I've given up on cleaning for company. I just kind of gesture at the world, and my 3 kids, and sigh. 🤣

I like your attitude! 😂

• Ringbearer2
    Ringbearer2 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    2/8
    What’s everyone else eating?

My sister is the cook in my fam and she’s doing keto. Monday we had air fried pork chops (‘breaded’ with pork rinds) and broccoli. Last night we had steak and veggie stir fry. Tonight we’re having cauliflower/broccoli soup with Carbquick cheddar garlic biscuits.

All of that sounds delicious. Did the rinds stick to the chops? I’ve had variable success with my air fryer.

Yes. She buys pre-ground rinds from pork king and they stick really good. She uses the pork chops from Costco.

Those Costco pork chops are fabulous!
  • jennordhavn
    Options
    2/12
    1. Track everything ✅
    2. 55-70+ G protein ✅ (62 g)
    3. 50 - 75 net carbs ✅ (63 net)
    4. 1,200 - 1,300 calories ❌ (1,313)
    5. 64 oz water/decaf liquids ✅ (78 oz)
    For the month:

I adjusted my net carbs range to incorporate some healthy carbs like oatmeal.

• tcunbeliever
    Options
    2/12
    Lean Beast - done, cardio/rest day today did 30 min combat
    Daily Calories - 2,253 yikes...rum + lasagna = wiped out a day and a half of deficit eating with one day that was supposed to be maintenance...bad idea, need to not repeat this ever again
    100g protein - done 134

who couldn't meet that protein with those calories?

argh...tomorrow is another day!
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    2/13
    Lean Beast - done back/bis
    Daily Calories - 1,238 on target
    100g protein - done 131

nice recovery!
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    12/12-12/13
    Carbs and protein pretty decent the last couple of days but I was over on calories by about 200 Friday night. This was due to a delicious cauliflower crust take and bake pizza and a salad - both totally worth it. I should have had a couple of deficits this week to cover but the scale will tell me Tuesday morning. Not sure that I’ll drop what I gained last week but I’m starting to feel like I’m taking pretty damn good care of myself going into my 47th birthday next month and I’m not gonna sweat it.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,020 Member
    Options
    2/12-2/14 Food okay ....walked everyday this week :)
  • jennordhavn
    Options
    2/13
    1. Track everything ❌
    2. 55-70+ G protein ❓
    3. 50 - 75 net carbs ❓
    4. 1,200 - 1,300 calories ❓
    5. 64 oz water/decaf liquids ❌
    For the month:

I tracked breakfast and snacks but didn’t track dinner. My bf and I stayed overnight at a hotel. We ordered a wedge salad, orzo salmon pasta, zucchini cakes and a slice of cheesecake which we shared. I also had one diet cran pineapple juice with vodka.

• MaraOfNaamah
    Options
    2/13
    Lean Beast - done back/bis
    Daily Calories - 1,238 on target
    100g protein - done 131

nice recovery!

Absolutely great recovery!!
  • MaraOfNaamah
    Options
    I tracked breakfast and snacks but didn’t track dinner. My bf and I stayed overnight at a hotel. We ordered a wedge salad, orzo salmon pasta, zucchini cakes and a slice of cheesecake which we shared. I also had one diet cran pineapple juice with vodka.

That sounds absolutely delicious! I hope you enjoyed every bite!!