General Discussion

Options

Replies

• conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    Great! I will do that this evening, and we can officially start on Monday to give everyone a chance to "join" ... :)

Sounds good to me!...I guess we will all have to pitch in until Novus is back and do what we can if we want this wonderful group to continue....
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    Hello, thank you Connie for calling me out - I have neglected the group for a while now, mainly because I'm struggling myself - so I really should be on here for the mutual support! Chicken and egg springs to mind....

I don't have time to be as active as I'd like, and I don't have heaps of knowledge, but I'll make more of an effort and do my best.

If anyone would like to volunteer as leader do let me know and I can add you.

Does anyone know where Novus has gone? I hope he knows how much he's missed.
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Thanks Jackie!...I sent Novus a message telling him that we miss him and are concerned about him....he has not been active since early Jan...I think that Lauriekallis and InHisGrace would be great leaders in this group if they would agree to do that...I know Bmeadows would appreciate the help...I could also step up to the plate...we could probably use one more if someone would like to...
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    @lauriekallis

This sounds like a good idea, and I say more power to you if you want to run with it :) I admit I probably wouldn't join in on the numbers - I think it might set off my perfectionism and might not be such a good idea for me, but I'll gladly cheer on anyone else who wants to participate!

@jackie9003 - that was where I was thinking of going, too - promote Connie to a leader because she's such a steady help and influence on the folks here. And Grace and Laurie, too, if they'd like!
  • _inHisGrace
    _inHisGrace Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Hi family! I’d love to. I must admit I used to check here daily like 6-8 times a day. But it was so quiet I just gave up coming.

I’d love to help in any way. This group means the world to me.
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,660 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the boost of confidence - but I wouldn't feel comfortable being a leader (yet) - though I'm going to run with the daily habit check in !

I, like @_inHisGrace check in often, and it is more fun if something is going on, hoping the habit check in will give everyone another reason to post?
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Thank you for the boost of confidence - but I wouldn't feel comfortable being a leader (yet) - though I'm going to run with the daily habit check in !

I, like @_inHisGrace check in often, and it is more fun if something is going on, hoping the habit check in will give everyone another reason to post?

Thanks for starting and running the Daily Habit Check In....I think it will be a great way for everyone to check in on a daily basis and keep us connected!...I am excited for this to begin...I hope we have a lot of members that participate!

• joone_9
    joone_9 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    This group is so supportive and helpful and if I like reading what people are sharing then I suppose I should get out of my comfort zone and share and post more too..ill certainly work on it. Sharing thoughts and goals certainly do help- I know this!. And @bmeadows380 ...how did it turn out?! I’ve read and caught up what you’ve previously shared..I hope it went well! I’ve also been MIA on MFP since just after Xmas. I’ve recently shared that I was just diagnosed with breast cancer (I’m in my 30s so it was a shock to say the least). I was doing soooo good with the weight loss..about 27 lbs lost then it was life turned sideways and off to surgery first week of January in a different city then I live. So out went working out and eating healthy (to be quite honest..as I was recovering from surgery from a hotel room in a daze of what my circumstances are now...I was living on take out and trying to comfort myself so calories were not on my mind!). Fast forward to now..been finally feeling like most pain is over so I got back on that scale and to my surprise..only up a lb! I’ll take it especially after last weeks full on binge. But now I’m finding it super hard to stick to cal goals again while all I’m really able to do is sit on couch and maybe take one walk a day (I’m still forced to quarantine in my house for another 7 days as I travelled. I can’t even hug my kids or hubby). And I’m off for next stage in treatments in a couple weeks so I’ll be forced to eat out again. On one hand I think why even bother right now with all this craziness going on..but other part of me says I need to push through any obstacle and stick with it cause damn...i don’t want to go backwards. Hoping I can figure out how to control my emotional eating or I’ll be back to beginning.
  • dcshima
    dcshima Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    @joone_9 big hugs & sending you strength!
    When I was traveling for work with hotel kitchenette, I would hit up Target for their refrig prepared proteins & produce or Whole Foods instead of eating out. I'm not sure if it is option for you at this time, but a thought in case it is.

I don't post much myself either, but I will improve as I appreciate the open support forum & community.
  • bmeadows380
    Options
    So first, I"m still on my plateau and just can't seem to get the motivation to get back to sticking to a deficit. The good news is I'm still sitting around 230 lbs which I was at Christmas, so no real net gain in 2 months, but I don't want to stop here, either. Especially with the new motivation I have to get more weight off!

I'm seeing now though that I am at the point where I must add in exercise, and that's hte killer right now. The only exercise I've been able to consistently do is walk outside, and that's not going to happen for another month. I might get a few good walks in next week since we are getting a warmup.

I'm thinking hard about seeing if I can get myself to fast once or twice a week for the next few weeks. I did get a day in the week before last, hoping it would help calm down the cravings and the over eating, but it didn't. And I really got off track this week, what with the weekend in Green Bay, the extra unexpected night in Chicago, etc.

But I need to change something up to break this plateau mentally, too. I really, really want to see at least 30 lbs gone this year, and if I can squeak off 50 lbs all the better!
  • speyerj
    speyerj Posts: 1,369 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    @bmeadows380 - OMG!!! Congratulations!!! I am so so happy for you. Such a wonderful story. Thank you for relaying every detail. And you look fabulous!

Regarding being stuck at your current weight - you know what you need to do to get unstuck. If managing a deficit right now isn't something you can stomach, just manage maintenance instead, or maybe shoot for a tiny deficit, like 250 calories a day and see if the weight doesn't slowly drift down. You have all the time in the world to lose the next 30 or 40 pounds. It will come.
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Bmeadows....super big hugs!...you rock that dress and I am thrilled you had such a great and romantic trip!....welcome back!
  • MuttiNM
    MuttiNM Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    @bmeadows380 Congratulations! What exciting news!!! So glad you had a such a wonderful trip!
  • gewel321
    gewel321 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    OMG!! @bmeadows380 I am so happy for you!! It sounds wonderful and magical and the ring is perfect for you! I can’t wait to hear all about the next adventure you are going on (wedding planning)!!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Oh, and this is the dress I wore up to meet him in and I still am trying to figure out just where I got the daring to wear it. Not only to meet him in, but to dare to wear it through Chicago O'Hare International Airport, along with a pair of high heeled boots, and openly with my coat thrown over my arm! lol I look at the picture and go - who is that woman? :lol:

You look stunning in this dress! So vibrant and full of life. He is a lucky guy.

You are beautiful and happy in both pictures - but that dress is just WOW :smile:
    I occasionally buy something kind of exciting - but it always ends up just hanging in my closet until I pass it one somehow.

• bmeadows380
    Options
    @lauriekallis

Losing weight had already had me actually looking at style and finding that I enjoyed a more feminine look now and then; before it was jeans and t-shirts mostly, and blouses and skirts for church with flat, sans makeup. clean, presentable, but still mostly frumpy. Losing weight had already had me starting to pay more attention to style and cut and experimenting a little more with makeup and heels and such. But having a man in my life has really had me exploring my feminine side much more, and I'm finding I very much like being more feminine in my appearance. Helps very much too to know my efforts are vastly appreciated lol
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    @lauriekallis

Losing weight had already had me actually looking at style and finding that I enjoyed a more feminine look now and then; before it was jeans and t-shirts mostly, and blouses and skirts for church with flat, sans makeup. clean, presentable, but still mostly frumpy. Losing weight had already had me starting to pay more attention to style and cut and experimenting a little more with makeup and heels and such. But having a man in my life has really had me exploring my feminine side much more, and I'm finding I very much like being more feminine in my appearance. Helps very much too to know my efforts are vastly appreciated lol

This exactly!

I found myself checking to see if my pierced earrings might still go in (it has been about 4 years) the other night. They did. I am now wearing earrings again - there is no doubt this has to do with losing weight...I'm right there with you Feminine Sister!

Though I'll probably still stick to jeans and t-shirts (long-sleeved shirts!). Just jazz it up with some feminine details!