General Discussion

Options

Replies

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,645 Member
    Options
    @amart4224 - not to mention how much fun it is to get new clothes in smaller sizes. Even through lockdown here, I've been finding some smaller pants and shirts on marketplace and having such a great time! Even managed to partner up with someone who was/had gained weight and we did a massive exchange.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    @bmeadows380 WOW. Just WOW. So very happy for you. It sounds like this spring will be truly transformative for you. And, the icing on that cake is that your weight is stabilized! Congratulations on every front.
  • speyerj
    speyerj Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Congratulations @bmeadows380! So very happy for your both. Your wedding sounds lovely and since you are keeping it small and limited to family, also safer during COVID.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    Very exciting news!...I wish you both the best of life...
  • MuttiNM
    MuttiNM Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    @bmeadows380 Wonderful news! Congratulations! Be sure to let us know when fiancee hears from his employer. Hoping you get the news you both want! And good luck with your cleaning/organizing projects!
  • amart4224
    amart4224 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    So excited and happy for you @bmeadows380 ! Big changes coming!
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    Have been a little depressed and sort of not working the plan very well. But I got my first dose of the Pfizer vaccine today, and so I'm going to pull everything together starting Monday and just make it happen. (Giving myself the weekend to get over the shot. I'm a little headachy and sore right now.)
  • MuttiNM
    MuttiNM Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    @bmeadows380 I'm a little behind on reading here and just saw your post. Congratulations on setting the date! So wonderful to hear. It sounds like the 2 of you have everything well in hand...and will be very busy for the next month or so. Best wishes to you!
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Hey everyone... I just spent a moment pouring through the photo's on my phone, looking for before pictures (My fiancé lost her phone not long ago). And Good news I definitely found a couple good photo's of me at my worst.... So one day there will be... Before & After shot! (maybe some during as well)

Kay that's it... But something to look forward too. :)

Cheers all!
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I came up with an overall fitness goal. I have body shape goals in terms of how I look in clothes (no lumps and rolls in body-conscious clothing, for one) but I didn't have a fitness goal per se beyond a vague wanting to be able to walk round museums all day and things like that. Well, now I have a fitness goal. I want to climb a climbing wall and be able to be physically confident in doing so. That will require an overall fitness and physical endurance that I am nowhere near, but now I have a goal.

That's got a be pretty darn good goal... As you describe. I'd love to see you at the top of said wall! :smiley:
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    @AlexandraFindsHerself1971 - You go, girl! I want to see you there, too. We will all be cheering and creating a full out hullabaloo when you get up there.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Poobah1972 wrote: »
    ... So one day there will be... Before & After shot! (maybe some during as well)

I find those really inspirational - other's photos and my own - it is easy to get lost in details where you weren't quite as perfect as you'd like to be - but then to look at the progress in a visual format it can really help put perspective on things!
  • speyerj
    Options
    I want to climb a climbing wall and be able to be physically confident in doing so. That will require an overall fitness and physical endurance that I am nowhere near, but now I have a goal.

That is an awesome fitness goal. Those big, hairy, audacious goals are wonderful motivators. I have no doubt you will achieve it.
  • speyerj
    Options
    And @bmeadows380 I missed your update from last week. I'm sorry to hear that your fiancé won't be able to keep his job, but at least this means you get to be married sooner! So very excited for you. And of course we'll be expecting wedding pictures! Really happy for you both.