March 7 Sign In

Options

Replies

• thabit11
    thabit11 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    @transparentenigma I loved the idea! I never thought about doing it before, I think it's a good way to know how much I actually eat. I'll do it for sure on my next pass day, and see if it was a pass day!

@SModa61 Thanks for the information, I'll add them to my list for sure, didn't know iron's supplement has digestive problems!!
  • oh_jackie
    oh_jackie Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    @mshawski @MadisonMolly2017 Peanut butter was the reason for 2/3 unplanned pass days last month for me... Tahini is another big weakness of mine.😅
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,029 Member
    Options
    @Pamjsa and @cj817 and @sandrabrocolli3876 congrats on the weight loss guys, u shld all be so very proud of urself! Xox

@cbarn1001 congrats on the birth of ur bub. Its great to see another Muma with a newborn. My lil munchkin is 9mths old! I was not able to breastfeed so unfortunately can not give u any advice. We do however hve alot of mums and grand mumas here so im sure someone may be able to share wat worked for them in the past?? All the best with ur weight loss journey!

• LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes, treadmill 31 mins / 1.74 mi
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes

[Mon-Sat] Did I do treadmill AND weights or abs? no, not required on Sunday
    Pass Days Used: 1/3
  • BobWw2017
    BobWw2017 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    March 7

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
    Yes

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
    No

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?
    No

Pass day 3

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    Happy birthWEEK @cnorman100 🥳🥳🥳
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    @SModa61 - wow - that view is spectacular! Thanks for the Food Code podcast suggestion. I’ll check it out.

@thabit11 - I definitely find that cereal for breakfast = hungry by mid morning. I think it’s the lack of protein.

@lamlamsmakeover - a new bike? Now that is a great day. Tell me more!

@cbarnes1001 - welcome! Glad you found us. This is a great group.

Exercise yes
    Tracked yes
    Under cals yes

• SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,877 Member
    Options
    @biketheworld @thabit11 I'll describe my breakfast. I need both the iron and the fiber but wanted more protein. I use one scoop of Quest protein powder (peanut butter is my favorite) plus one TB of chia seeds. Add 1/3 cup water, mix and let hydrate for 5 minutes (chia seeds absorb fluid). Then add 4 ounces greek yogurt, stir and top with 26 grams of fiber one cereal. That comes to 38 grams protein, 19g out of 21g fiber RDA, and 31% of the 50% RDA iron that I need daily. (if you look at my diary, I did not have that breakfast today, or yesterday)

As for iron supplement digestive issues, it can cause stomach pain and other upsets, but the fact it is constipating is a key issue for me. I have already had one hemorrhoidectomy 2 years ago and have been put on daily miralax for life. But I am thrilled I have solved the iron through my diet, as that is the diet I also lost weight on these past months. :) Need to make another batch of my soup. Time has not been my friend these past 2 weeks.
  • RBnorth66
    RBnorth66 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the Emerson quote. A great way to start my day.
  • laniv
    laniv Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Within calorie budget - yes
    Logged all food and drink - yes
    Exercise - 45 minutes aerobics.
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    How I deal with the peanut butter cravings. I only buy the one which is peanuts only as well but I have a rule that if I eat it out of the jar, I am not allowed to buy anymore until the next pay day. So if I do binge and finish it there isn’t any more until the next month!
  • oh_jackie
    oh_jackie Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    @Dory_42 That is a great idea, thank you for the idea! :D
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    3/07:

✔️ EXERCISE: Yes. 168 minutes.
    ✔️ CALORIES: Yes. 1,905/2,426
    ✔️ TRACK: Yes.

PASSES USED: 0/3

22,866 steps
    No planks
  • thabit11
    thabit11 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    @SModa61 Thanks for sharing! Just one question, how much calories in total? I assume it's around 350 or 400? I want to give it a try ☺️
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,877 Member
    Options
    thabit11 wrote: »
    @SModa61 Thanks for sharing! Just one question, how much calories in total? I assume it's around 350 or 400? I want to give it a try ☺️

@thabit11 - tracked as 1/2 cup fiber one (I assume that at some point i found 26 grams was 1/2 cup) = 60 cal, plus 1 tb chia at 60 cal, plus 1 scoop Quest PB protein powder at 110 cal, plus 4 oz fat free greek yogurt (tracked as Oikos) at 60 cal. Total for that is 290 calories
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    @RBnorth66 I'm sorry you were ill, but so glad you are feeling better!
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    @KCJen I am soooo happy to see your post!!
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    @MaltedTea You sent me to the acronym dictionary again. BTW: Don't forget James Bond, Y.O.L.Twice