March 18 Sign In

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,064 Member
    Options
    Question for u guys am i the only 1 spending hours every night planning out the next days macros? So im aiming for 90grams protien and trying out sum meat free days but am finding the only way to meet my protien goals is to eat truck loads of cottage cheese. Im not complaining as i like it but feel like the amount im eating is too much. Any advice or suggestions on low calorie high protien vegetarian options? Also is there a way i cld make this macro tracking process quicker! Thanks in advance!!
  • fractaltiger
    fractaltiger Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    @donna25trinity
    I don’t plan everything the day before, I just aim for balance and if I find myself off on nutrients in the afternoon I choose a snack to boost that. But 90 grams for protein sounds high to me.

I found this article. https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/how-much-protein-per-day
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,064 Member
    Options
    @fractaltiger got it thanks for ur response and the link. The way ur doing it sounds nice and easy. Yeah ur right 90grams is high and really hard to achieve wen i love my treats like 2 coffees a day and carbs. Started with the high protien intake to help with hunger but also cos im looking to build muscle but perhaps i can still build muscle with lower protien intake? Cheers.
  • Winner_in_Life
    Winner_in_Life Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Question for u guys am i the only 1 spending hours every night planning out the next days macros? So im aiming for 90grams protien and trying out sum meat free days but am finding the only way to meet my protien goals is to eat truck loads of cottage cheese. Im not complaining as i like it but feel like the amount im eating is too much. Any advice or suggestions on low calorie high protien vegetarian options? Also is there a way i cld make this macro tracking process quicker! Thanks in advance!!

I don't track macros, I assume it is very time consuming. Hemp protein (powder) is a good option. I mix it with almond milk
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    Oh, @lesdarts180. This is a heavy loss. My condolences and prayers to you, your daughter-in-law, and your whole family.
  • oh_jackie
    oh_jackie Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    MAR 18 - Pass day
    T ✅ | C ❎ | E ✅ [50 min walk + 1 h pilates]
    Pass = 7/3
    Vegan ❎ | No sugar ❎ | Sleep ❎ [7:00 h]
    @lesdarts180 My heartfelt condolences.
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? :)
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? :)
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? :)
  • Chinkiri
    Chinkiri Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    @lesdarts180 My condolences. I know this platform isn't facebook or anything like that, but would be OK to help support you with DMs
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,317 Member
    Options
    My son died at 01.15 this morning
    So sorry. 🫂a and 🙏🏻s for you and your family in the days ahead. 💕💖💕
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,317 Member
    Options

✅ I exercised for at least 20 minutes
    ✅ I stayed within my calorie budget for the day
    ✅ I kept track of everything I ate and drank

2️⃣ Pass Days left
  • dewit
    dewit Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    My son died at 01.15 this morning

Heartbreaking. Was thinking of you today while biking and of facing death. So sad!

@SummerSkier : so sorry to hear this, too!
  • dewit
    dewit Posts: 1,468 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    After the long biking (over 1h), I have all those calories left. 4th good day in a row.

I, too, struggle with protein. Am still concerned if this is not the wrong way to go, though... Got my first pack of (vegan) protein powder, but will try to use it economically.
  • Katiecan2021
    Katiecan2021 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Exercise- yes 25 mins Pilates, 20 mins exercise bike, 60 mins walking.
    Tracking - yes
    Calories- yes
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,101 Member
    Options

Hey @donna25trinity !
    I used to spend a lot of time on my macros, but over time, I got 6th sense of what I could eat & have my macros in place.

I have to limit my protein to 70-85g each day.
    I divide it by 3, and built breakfasts, lunches, dinners that hit about 25 G protein.
    Oatmeal+yogurt+almonds+fruit etc

Whole wheat English muffin+peanut only butter+ Chopped apple+ latte

Meat+ cooked veg+ Rice

Over time it gets MUCH easier. I promise!