Team: Gutbusters (April)

AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215.

Replies

• Shawtytel
    Shawtytel Posts: 103 Member
    Hello hello @frankwbrown and @AB0215 I'm so excited to be doing this challenge with this group. Yes we can do it again. I'm all in to help us get to #1. Let's get it!

Brief intro about me...I'm a mom of 2 boys, 7 and soon to be 10. I've been on a weight loss journey for quite some time now and can't seem to keep it off. With a house full of snacks it's hard to avoid most times. But this is my year to shine, get healthy and keep it off. My son is graduating in June and I have family to see that I haven't seen in person since the pandemic started. I'm looking for jaws to drop in shock.

Good Luck, everyone and Happy Easter
  • Pumpitusa
    Pumpitusa Posts: 169 Member
    Gutbusters
    Pumpitusa
    Aug SW 345.2
    Sept 339.4
    Oct 329.4
    Nov 327.6
    Dec 328.2
    Jan 319.0
    Feb 319.6
    Mar 318.0
    4/4/21 318.0 sw

Happy Easter everyone 🐣
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Keepingtrack1234 Posts: 911 Member
    shawtytel wrote: »
    Hello hello @frankwbrown and @AB0215 I'm so excited to be doing this challenge with this group. Yes we can do it again. I'm all in to help us get to #1. Let's get it!

Brief intro about me...I'm a mom of 2 boys, 7 and soon to be 10. I've been on a weight loss journey for quite some time now and can't seem to keep it off. With a house full of snacks it's hard to avoid most times. But this is my year to shine, get healthy and keep it off. My son is graduating in June and I have family to see that I haven't seen in person since the pandemic started. I'm looking for jaws to drop in shock.

Good Luck, everyone and Happy Easter

Welcome! Glad you're here!
  • Shawtytel
    Hello @Keepingtrack1234...glad to be here. I would love a daily mini challenge check-in. You've been at this for 20 yrs...that's impressive and still going strong. BRAVO!
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,041 Member
    edited April 2021
    check in:
    I had a great day. I gained weight from yesterday due to a birthday celebration for my niece, but today:
    1. walked 1.27 miles this morning
    2. swam 1,800 yards in early afternoon (in a 66 degree pool, but wearing a shorty wetsuit!)
    3. walked 1.54 miles in late afternoon.
    I plan to do some yoga and strength training this evening, to burn over 1,000 calories for the day.
    If that doesn't help with the extra weight, I don't know what will! :D
  • Blshumway2010
    Blshumway2010 Posts: 131 Member
    Daily check ins sound like fun...
    Yesterday (Easter) was a rough day but I got some steps in cleaning around the house. We have a lot going on as a family right now and I am trying to stay motivated and keep my health in mind at the same time.

Today has just started but I have some errands to run and phone calls to make. Going to try to get outside and clean the yard if the weather cooperates.

Are we doing weigh in for this week? Yesterday was my normal weigh in day but I did not post. (First carry over month)

• Kenyaa3
    Kenyaa3 Posts: 203 Member
    @Kenyaa3
    PW: 261.2
    CW: 260.0

Happy Monday Team! Have a great day on purpose. My mini goal this week is to ensure I get a minimum of 30-45 minute brisk walk in every day.
  • Kenyaa3
    Hi all! What a great March! Let's keep it going.

Not sure how many new folks we have, but welcome to all! I am your captain, Megan. I will do my best to remind you to weigh in your weigh in days! I am not actively trying to lose much weight, but maintenance is a b*t&h (sorry...been doing it over 20 years, literally never gets easier) so here I am!

Question: do people want a daily mini challenge/check in? We aren't a super high engagement group which is FINE but if people are interested, we can have a daily check in thing going!

I’m all for mini challenges and daily check ins! Whatever the team decides. 😄
  • NationalCapital
    NationalCapital Posts: 108 Member
    Hello team:

Hope everyone had a great Easter weekend.

SW 167
    CW 164

Cheers.
  • Calli1616
    Calli1616 Posts: 1,855 Member
    Calli1616
    PW: 182.3
    CW: 180.1

I'm up for mini challenges and daily check-ins if the team chooses to - either way works for me!
  • Shawtytel
    Daily check in- Since the 1st I've managed to keep up with eating healthy, achieving 12k+ steps and doing at least 2 to 3 videos since rededicating myself to this journey. But today for whatever reason I'm feeling lazy. Gotta keep pushin!
  • Kenyaa3
    Monday’s 45 minute brisk walk done! 😁
  • Calli1616
    Calli1616 Posts: 1,855 Member
    Good morning! daily check-in. It's off to a really busy start at home today - new water heater and maybe new window coverings. Workout to be done after the fuss dies down. Have a great day everyone!
  • frankwbrown
    Good afternoon!

Anybody else puzzled by how MyFitnessPal will tell you, after you complete your food diary:
    "If every day were like today... You'd weigh 247.6 lbs in 5 weeks"...
    (it often says I will lose ~15 pounds in five weeks)
    ... and yet, that doesn't seem to pan out.

NERD ALERT! warning:
    I'm pretty disciplined about logging my food, so I figured it meant that MyFitnessPal thinks I have a much higher RMR (resting metabolic rate) than in fact I do.
    Calculating BMR and RMR
    A recent RMR test told me my RMR is 1,907 calories. (that's RMR, not BMR)
    Currently, MFP says my BMR is ~2,000 calories. MFP's BMR Calculator
    Since my exercise diary is completed by my sport watch, I decided to tell MFP my activity level was "sedentary" (https://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/change_goals_guided]).
    So MFP computes my RMR as BMR * 1.2 ---> ~2,000 * 1.2 = ~2,400 calories.
    I also specified that I want to lose 2 lbs/week. A pound is ~3,500 calories, so I need a 7,000 calorie deficit each week, which means a 1,000 calorie deficit each day. So my daily calorie allowance is ~1,400 calories plus whatever additional calories I burn during exercise.

Today, I've consumed about 500 calories less than "Your Daily Goal", so MFP figures I'll lose 3 not 2 pounds per week. But my RMR is apparently more like 1,900 than 2,400. The end result of all this is: I now know that in order to lose 2 pounds per week, I need to consistently be 500 calories under "Your Daily Goal".

That's my new strategy. We'll see if it works!
  • Shawtytel
    @frankwbrown I was puzzled by that as well. Seems like an awful lot to lose in such a short period of time.
  • Shawtytel
    Daily check in- Today I did 14,871 steps, 57 minutes of cardio and burned 583 calories.
  • frankwbrown
    shawtytel wrote: »
    @frankwbrown I was puzzled by that as well. Seems like an awful lot to lose in such a short period of time.

Yes, it does. I'm trying to lose 2 pounds a week; the general consensus seems to be it's best to limit yourself to 1 or 2 pounds per week. I'm also trying to make sure it's fat that I'm losing and not fat plus muscle. I've had a few DEXA scans and plan to have another in July. I'm hoping that will show I've lost more fat than my weight loss would suggest, due to having gained muscle tissue.
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Keepingtrack1234 Posts: 911 Member
    Hi all!
    Ok, sorry for not being around-busy week!
    Looking for Sunday weigh in's from:
    @Blshumway2010
    @emmie_1245
    @Jodee2021
    @Paulette_Spencer
    @pumpitusa
    @ValierMary
    Monday:
    @chiddss
    Wednesday:
    @CookieRehab
This discussion has been closed.