Team: Gutbusters (April)

Options

Replies

• Keepingtrack1234
    Keepingtrack1234 Posts: 911 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Looks like lots of folks want to daily check in! I am IN! Love it.
    @shawtytel, @Kenyaa3 @Calli1616 @Blshumway2010

I am going to commit to evening check in's around actually logging my food (not a strength right now) and avoiding extra sugar. :)
    See you later!
  • Kenyaa3
    Kenyaa3 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Sorry, forgot to check in yesterday.

Monday’s 45 minute brisk walk done! 😁
    Tuesday, 45 minute brisk walk done 😁
  • CookieRehab
    CookieRehab Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Yay! I'm so happy I was moved on to April! I was bummed because I thought I forgot to sign on for it.
    Either way I'm finally feeling a bit better. Was able to drive up to my today studio this week and I'm going to try again. So hopefully this month has some more weight loss for me.
    I still am not doing my hot yoga until my doctor says I am safe to go back, but I've started doing a daily 15 min practice+30 day yoga challenge+split practice. Also when I do feel up to driving I'm going to try to make it to "silver" yoga once a week.

CookieRehab
    Week 1
    SW: 159
    CW: 157
  • 33gail33
    33gail33 Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Good morning - more engagement seems great! I will try to check in every day.
    My goal is 8,000 steps on my fitbit, which is tough to hit when I work from home, but I managed 12,000 + twice already this week.
    Did my 30 minute walk this morning, wasn't feeling the spin bike but managed 25 minutes of intervals.
    We are renovating our basement right now so my weight lifting area isn't available atm - hoping to get that straightened out this weekend.
    What intentional exercise does everyone do here?
  • Calli1616
    Calli1616 Posts: 1,881 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday team! I'm a little late checking in, but got my workout done this morning! Yay - I defeated the lure of the bed this morning!

@33gail33 - nice stepping! I need to work on that, I run closer to only 5K steps a day. 12000 steps is amazing! My intentional exercise currently is running (not very fast, but still...) and I'm doing the beach body mbfa program right now which is strength/cardio combined. I've got a half marathon from March 2020 that is rescheduled for October of this year. I have never run more than 10 miles and that was truly horrible. I have no idea what possessed me to sign up for the half - but it does motivate me to keep up with a running schedule.
  • Paulette_Spencer
    Paulette_Spencer Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Paulette_Spencer
    Week 1
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,192 Member
    Options
    33gail33 wrote: »
    My goal is 8,000 steps on my fitbit, which is tough to hit when I work from home, but I managed 12,000 + twice already this week.
    Did my 30 minute walk this morning, wasn't feeling the spin bike but managed 25 minutes of intervals.
    We are renovating our basement right now so my weight lifting area isn't available atm - hoping to get that straightened out this weekend.

I am getting more and more fit as I lose weight. It used to be a chore for me to walk a quarter mile and do 2,000 steps/day. Now I'm up to 1.5 mile walks and 6,000+ steps/day. Here's my daily routine:
    1. in the morning, walk a mile and a half in a nearby park (this takes about 40 minutes).
    2. every other day, drive a ways to enjoy a 54 minute 1600 yard swim in a heated Olympic pool.
    3. on alternate days, swim for 30 minutes or so in an unheated (currently ~65 degree) pool at my gym, right after doing a 30 minute resistance training circuit.
    4. in the evenings, do some light yoga and leg stretches and exercises.
    5. in a month or so, start riding my bike again, with the goal of riding 10 miles/day.
    6. future plans: begin practicing tai chi again this summer.

As a retired person with no family, I have plenty of time to spend on fitness, so 2+ hours a day of exercise is doable for me (and I need it!).
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Options
    Wow! I am loving reading all of these! This is GREAT!

I am here to check in...but I didn't log all my food today...no dinner logged or the animal crackers I just ate. Whomp! Tomorrow's a new day!

@33gail33 , for exercise I lift free weights in my basement, too! I use Fitness Blender and LOVE it! I also walk a lot usually about 10-15k steps a day between work and the dog. (my fitbit isn't syncing lately-anyone else having that issue?)

• Keepingtrack1234
    Options

I am getting more and more fit as I lose weight. It used to be a chore for me to walk a quarter mile and do 2,000 steps/day. Now I'm up to 1.5 mile walks and 6,000+ steps/day. Here's my daily routine:
    1. in the morning, walk a mile and a half in a nearby park (this takes about 40 minutes).
    2. every other day, drive a ways to enjoy a 54 minute 1600 yard swim in a heated Olympic pool.
    3. on alternate days, swim for 30 minutes or so in an unheated (currently ~65 degree) pool at my gym, right after doing a 30 minute resistance training circuit.
    5. in a month or so, start riding my bike again, with the goal of riding 10 miles/day.

As a retired person with no family, I have plenty of time to spend on fitness, so 2+ hours a day of exercise is doable for me (and I need it!).

This is seriously so cool. Love how all your exercise is good for physical AND mental health. Great stuff.
  • Blshumway2010
    Blshumway2010 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I haven't even logged in a couple days. Have been job hunting and interviewing (got one) hoping for a good loss this week.
  • Calli1616
    Calli1616 Posts: 1,881 Member
    Options
    Good morning team! Daily check-in. Woke up this morning convinced it was Friday. It's going to be a long day.
  • Shawtytel
    Shawtytel Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone yesterday was a crazy day but I made sure I did everything I've challenged myself to do. I just got it done super early.

4/7- I did 3 walking videos and did 15,660 steps. I ate pretty good yesterday and managed to stay below my allotted calories. I was really beating myself up about eating 1/2 a tray of meaty marinara pasta from pizza hut. The good thing is because I ate healthy all day it fit perfectly into my calories. I'm aiming for a 2 lb weight loss hopefully I won't regret the pasta.
  • Kenyaa3
    Options

I am here to check in...but I didn't log all my food today...no dinner logged or the animal crackers I just ate. Whomp! Tomorrow's a new day!

@33gail33 , for exercise I lift free weights in my basement, too! I use Fitness Blender and LOVE it! I also walk a lot usually about 10-15k steps a day between work and the dog. (my fitbit isn't syncing lately-anyone else having that issue?)

Happy Thursday! No issues with my Fitbit, thank God. I live by my Fitbit, feel naked without it lol.
  • Kenyaa3
    Options
    Happy Thursday Team! I didn’t walk yesterday so I’m about to run out now and double the time. My goal is 10,000 steps daily which used to be easy when I walked during my lunch break at work but since Covid, I stay at my desk and the bathroom. I barely move sad to say. I work in a hospital so I’m just a bit paranoid but gradually I’ll get back to it.

Have a wonderful evening on purpose!
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Options
    Logged today! And no treats tonight!
  • Keepingtrack1234
    edited April 2021
    Options
    TGIF!
    Friday weights:
    @Keepingtrack1234
    PW: 141
    CW 140.8
    @am00r
    @frankwbrown

Still looking for Sunday weigh in's from:
    @Blshumway2010
    @emmie_1245
    @Jodee2021
    @pumpitusa
    @ValierMary
    Monday:
    @chiddss
  • 33gail33
    edited April 2021
    Options

Yeah my Fitbit hasn’t given me any exercise calories at all this week - and I haven’t been being lazy! Just finished a spin workout, after walking the dogs (started to rain so it was a short one) and nada for exercise calories. 😩
  • 33gail33
    Options
    Calli1616 wrote: »
    Happy Wednesday team! I'm a little late checking in, but got my workout done this morning! Yay - I defeated the lure of the bed this morning!

@33gail33 - nice stepping! I need to work on that, I run closer to only 5K steps a day. 12000 steps is amazing! My intentional exercise currently is running (not very fast, but still...) and I'm doing the beach body mbfa program right now which is strength/cardio combined. I've got a half marathon from March 2020 that is rescheduled for October of this year. I have never run more than 10 miles and that was truly horrible. I have no idea what possessed me to sign up for the half - but it does motivate me to keep up with a running schedule.

I used to run and I loved it but I have tricompartmental osteoarthritis in my knee and after a year of physio trying to keep me going it just wasn’t feasible to keep going sadly. I walk daily with a brace and finally found something that gives me the intensity of running (but without the joint pounding) when I got my spin bike. I was never very fast either - but I loved it and even liked the treadmill! I also didn’t do much distance though, only 5 k, a half marathon is amazing. Keep us posted.
  • 33gail33
    edited April 2021
    Options

I wish I was a retired person! Four more years until I turn 60 and really don’t want to work past that. I am a morning person though so it is easy for me to get my workouts in before work. If I had to wait until after I would never do it.
  • 33gail33
    Options
    For my check in today - I had a super bad day eating yesterday (too many cookies) and was scared to get on the scale this morning - but shockingly I was under 200 for the first time since last fall!! (199.4). Still have a ways to go but that was for sure a mental boost for me.
    Just finished a hard spin workout and Fitbit says I burned only 100 calories - just a reminder that most of the weight loss will happen in the kitchen I guess. Today will be a good day.
This discussion has been closed.