Team: Gutbusters (April)

Options

Replies

• Keepingtrack1234
    Keepingtrack1234 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Checking in! Tracked and teeth brushed!
    We are doing so well; loving all this new energy on the team! It's really fun and motivating!
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,190 Member
    Options
    frankwbrown
    Friday, April week 2
    PW: 261.2
    CW: 265.3 (-1.57%)
    (This weight gain is a mystery to me. I was hospitalized Monday until yesterday, during which time my diet went from "no food or drink" Monday evening, to "clear liquid" Wednesday noon, to "full liquid" Thursday morning. I had negligible activity during this time, but still, I'm surprised that I would gain 4 pounds eating so little. I am back now, and hopefully my weight will get back on track soon.)
  • Calli1616
    Calli1616 Posts: 1,881 Member
    Options
    @frankwbrown - so sorry to hear you were hospitalized! How scary! I hope you are well on the mend now - and that HAS to be water weight to happen so quickly like that. Keep well.

Happy Friday everyone! This week has been a doozy - all the work deadlines happening at once! So far, I've managed to keep up with good nutrition and exercise, but today will be a challenge! Enjoy your weekends!
  • Kenyaa3
    Kenyaa3 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Checking In! Hey Team! Sorry to hear you were hospitalized Frank. Pray all is better. Calli, glad to hear you kept up with good nutrition and exercise. Weekends are definitely a struggle for me but I’m going to try my hardest. No take out, liquor, etc.

Have a great weekend Team!
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Options
    frankwbrown
    Friday, April week 2
    (This weight gain is a mystery to me. I was hospitalized Monday until yesterday, during which time my diet went from "no food or drink" Monday evening, to "clear liquid" Wednesday noon, to "full liquid" Thursday morning. I had negligible activity during this time, but still, I'm surprised that I would gain 4 pounds eating so little. I am back now, and hopefully my weight will get back on track soon.)

Omg are you ok??? Good lord! Keep us posted!!!
    I'm sure that's water retention. It will be gone soon. Most importantly hope you're ok.
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,190 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    frankwbrown
    Friday, April week 2

Omg are you ok??? Good lord! Keep us posted!!!
    I'm sure that's water retention. It will be gone soon. Most importantly hope you're ok.

Thank you for your concern. I'm fine. I missed three days of exercise, but today I had no problem doing 30 minutes of strength training, swimming 700 yards, and walking 2 miles. :D

Don't get me wrong, it was nasty and scary: I thought I might be having a heart attack! I had an NG tube and had my stomach pumped, then I had an endoscopy which confirmed that the hiatal hernia I've had since 1987 has gotten worse. I will most likely have hiatal hernia surgery which will be a 2 hour laparoscopic procedure.

That will have it's benefits, but a major downside is that I won't be able to swim for weeks afterward. :frowning:
    Swimming is my number one exercise for fitness/cardio/fat burning; nothing beats it. So I'll have to do a lot more strength training, cycling, walking and yoga, in order to stay on track as much as possible.

Now, looking back, I can view it as a bump in the road, nothing more... so it's time to get back to cruising speed... :D

• Shawtytel
    Shawtytel Posts: 103 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Checking in- Had a good week working out and doing my steps. My meals have also been good. I haven't had the urge to want any chips or icecream which is good progress. Having 2 kids and their snacks in here just gets so hard. I had to post notes for myself in my bedroom and in my kitchen to stay on point. Everytime I go in my kitchen and even look at the snacks my son is on me 🤣 So crazy!

@frankwbrown- I hope you feel better. You just got of the hospital so don't beat yourself up about the last few days. Get healthy first and come back like a shark. You can absolutely do minor things to keep up with your progress but don't over do it.

@Kenyaa3- Weekends were the worst for me. But I came up with a plan to fight food back. Saturdays are my weigh in day and also my free meal. I use to allow myself a whole free day and it just ended up getting the best of me. With that one cheat meal I plan it a week in advance and it's always dinner. Who am I foolin, I'm looking fwd to next weeks cheat meal as I'm eating this weeks cheat meal lol. Doing it this way at least I'm eating light the whole day and get to enjoy what im craving most later. So far it's worked for me. I thought I would want everything in sight on Saturdays but I don't. If I didn't account for it, it wasn't that important for me to have.

• Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Colleen790
    April week
    Pw 173.9
    CW 174.3
  • 33gail33
    33gail33 Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    33gail33
    April week 2 Saturday
    PW 199.4
    CW 199.1

Haven't been checking in because it is tax time (I work for an accountant) and CRA in their infinite wisdom has denied the CPA association request for a deadline extension. So we are trying to process everything by April 30, while all working remotely, and with a stay at home order in place (Covid is out of control here right now).
    Took an extra long walk this morning and got in 5000 steps before 7 AM - working from home today so that might be it for the day.
    Crazy times - hope everyone else is having a good week!
  • Shawtytel
    Shawtytel Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Shawtytel
    April/week 2
    Sat
    PW: 168.6
    CW: 163.2
  • Jodee2021
    Jodee2021 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    PW 188
    CW 187.8
  • Blshumway2010
    Blshumway2010 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Blshumway2010
    Weigh in Sunday
    PW- 313.6
    CW - 316.4

Not sure what happened here. Didn't think anything had changed except the reduction in stress, but something went crazy this week.
  • Pumpitusa
    Pumpitusa Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Gutbusters
    Pumpitusa
    Aug SW 345.2
    Sept 339.4
    Oct 329.4
    Nov 327.6
    Dec 328.2
    Jan 319.0
    Feb 319.6
    Mar 318.0
    4/4/21 318.0 sw
    4/11/21 318 cw
    4/18/21 321.4

I guess the problem was me. Sorry team. It looks like I need to get more serious. Good luck down the home stretch of April. "GO GUTBUSTERS!!!".
  • Paulette_Spencer
    Paulette_Spencer Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Paulette_Spencer
    Week 2
    CW 192.2
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Options
    hi everyone! Great week for everyone--wow!
    Sorry to be MIA-busy weekend. Sadly, didn't make it on my tracking goal this weekend. Gotta get better at weekends...so many little snacks and bites. Nothing too crazy, but I do need to try and mimic the structure of the week a bit better, especially as we approach summer and I am off. Something to think about...
    How is everyone?
  • Calli1616
    Calli1616 Posts: 1,881 Member
    Options
    @Kenyaa3 and @shawtytel - weekends are a struggle for sure! I have a standing breakfast with some family on Sundays and I don't make the food. It is always delicious and frequently calorically dense. I use that as my "cheat" and then work the rest of the week around it (or try to). I figure with my weigh-in day on Monday that holds me in check a little at that Sunday breakfast!

oof @33gail33 - I do not envy you tax season at all! Especially this year with the tax laws all over the place! Nice to see you pop in for a minute though!

@shawtytel - Fantastic loss this week!! Woot woot woot!

@jodie2021 - Down is down! Nice!

@blshumway2010 and @pumpitusa - I have a feeling I'm in the same boat. I had to weigh in today for another challenge and it looks like I went up. Sigh. I thought I was having a fantastic week on the food and exercise front. Oh well, another day another chance to work the change. Hope you are having a good weekend!

Happy Sunday evening everyone. I hope the coming week brings many little successes!

• Kenyaa3
    Options

@Kenyaa3
    PW 259.6
    CW 258.0

Happy Monday Team! 😁
  • Kenyaa3
    Options
    Thank you @Calli1616 and @Shawtytel Great Advice! Monday’s are my weigh in which helps me not to over do it over the weekend and instead of a full day of cheating, Friday night dinner is now my cheat meal. If not Friday then Saturday but it’s only one meal and not the entire day. So far so good!
  • Kenyaa3
    Options
    Hope everyone has a great week ahead! I got great news from my doctors. My sugar and cholesterol lowered so I’m doing great in that aspect. In order to not be on pills they want me to follow up in 4 months so this is motivating me more then ever to keep focused and continue in my getting healthy journey. I got this! 💪🏽💪🏽💪🏽
  • kaytyl2
    kaytyl2 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    kaytyl2
    Week 2
    PW:169
    CW:169
This discussion has been closed.