Team: Gutbusters (April)

Options

Replies

• Calli1616
    Calli1616 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    @Kenyaa3 - I keep telling myself "at least it isn't going up"! For the first couple of weeks, no changes to daily routine. This past week, I had a friend in town Sat-Mon and we went hiking and played pickle ball (first time for me - it was fun) and just were on the go all the time. I also ate all the things with her, so we'll see what happens for the next weigh-in. Maybe that will have shook me lose!

I am so impressed with your pushing through when you're tired - I am using you for my inspiration when I get home from work and just want to sit in my comfy chair! I hear you on the can't move like you used to. I go along thinking I'm doing the same as always, then I have a stretch (thoracic rotation is the current issue) and see clearly how much I've lost in range of motion. Like you, I'm working on it and it is slow, but I will get back to where I was!

Have a fabulous week all!
  • Kenyaa3
    Kenyaa3 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Calli1616 wrote: »
    @Kenyaa3 - I keep telling myself "at least it isn't going up"! For the first couple of weeks, no changes to daily routine. This past week, I had a friend in town Sat-Mon and we went hiking and played pickle ball (first time for me - it was fun) and just were on the go all the time. I also ate all the things with her, so we'll see what happens for the next weigh-in. Maybe that will have shook me lose!

I am so impressed with your pushing through when you're tired - I am using you for my inspiration when I get home from work and just want to sit in my comfy chair! I hear you on the can't move like you used to. I go along thinking I'm doing the same as always, then I have a stretch (thoracic rotation is the current issue) and see clearly how much I've lost in range of motion. Like you, I'm working on it and it is slow, but I will get back to where I was!

Have a fabulous week all!

Wow you had a very busy few days but sounds like you had a blast. That’s awesome and a lot of activity which is even better. I’m sure you’ll see change next weigh in. Keep up the good work!

Pushing myself is rough but I just keep thinking of my goals. I didn’t get like this overnight so it isn’t gonna drop that way either. I have to put in the work if I want to see a change. I say this to myself multiple times a day lol to keep me going and not falling off the wagon.

PS, I’m gonna look up Pickle ball lol
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,239 Member
    Options
    @Calli1616 , @Kenyaa3

I recently became aware of Pickleball. There's a local community group who play it 3 times/week. I'm going to check it out tomorrow morning (then I'll buy a racket, if it looks doable). I used to play tennis and racket ball, but pickleball is more my speed now, I think. :D
  • Shawtytel
    Shawtytel Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Hope the week started off great. I had a productive weekend staying on point with exercising and food but not a productive day. Today face planted in way too much of a good thing that's really not so good. I'm talking 2 bowls of chips, over did it with some vanilla bean icecream and when I shamed myself to the kitchen the Reese's Pieces asked me to eat them too. All of this on top of eating good alllll day and 15k steps. Madness!
    On top of last weeks drama filled water weight issue and today's not so good oh so good goodies, my sons birthday is Saturday. Oh boy...here we go! The universe is toying with my progress! Guess I have to work 10x's harder before this week is over and put my blinders on when the cake comes out 😎...hope I don't bump into anything.
  • frankwbrown
    Options
    Checking in:

Had a good day today. Walked 1.8 miles in the park, then did 20 minutes of strength training before swimming 1200 yards. Stuck to my diet too, so I'm hoping this will be reflected on the scale tomorrow morning.
    Feeling more energetic than usual, so tomorrow I'm going to try my hand at pickleball, before a good long swim. (hope I don't regret it later)

This week is shaping up to be a good week for weight loss (knock on wood). We'll see on Friday.

I hope everyone has a super rest of the week.
  • Kenyaa3
    Kenyaa3 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    @frankwbrown you are so inspiring! If I could just have a 10th of your motivation lol. Glad to hear you're more energetic and having a good week. I’m sure the numbers will reflect it on Friday. Keep up the awesome work! Oh and let’s us know how Pickle ball goes! I have tennis courts a few blocks from me so I might give it a try. 😁

@Shawtytel the universe is definitely toying with you, lol. Trust me, we’ve all been there and they’ll be plenty more days like it, we just learn how to better handle them. Brush it off and the next day just try to refocus and not bump into anything 😂. That is too funny! Hope you’re son has a great birthday.

• Keepingtrack1234
    Keepingtrack1234 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Hi all! @frankwbrown , @Shawtytel @Kenyaa3 @Calli1616
    Checking in; I am sorry I don't write every day, but I do read every day. You all are SO inspiring. I really enjoy reading your check in's and posts; it's keeping me inspired and motivated!
    I hope you all had a good day; it was 85 yesterday and 55 today here...but got all my steps in both days! :)
    Cheers! Megan
  • Calli1616
    Calli1616 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    @keepingtrack1234 - thank you for that! I am having a really off week this week for some reason. I think maybe the "playing" with my friend got me out of my mindset. Just struggling. Your weather sounds crazy! 85 to 55 - good grief! We are supposed to be getting a heat wave this next week or so. I'm going to use that to motivate myself to get my workout done first thing while it is cool.

@frankwbrown - Yes! do give us your review on pickleball! I also used to play tennis and loved it, but I didn't pick up a racquet for more than 20 years and now everyone I know that plays is WAY beyond me and not eager to play with a rusty player. I did find myself double-handing the backhand pickleball returns - which was a bit of overkill!

@shawtytel - somedays those "not so good oh so good goodies" are necessary! Today is my Dad's birthday, so I'm trying to save the calories to indulge in birthday ice cream (he didn't want cake). I'm really hoping that I can pull my week back together today since I've lost the plot so far this week.

@kenyaa3 - thanks for the words. I need to say that same thing to myself. "I didn’t get like this overnight so it isn’t gonna drop that way either. I have to put in the work if I want to see a change." I think just re-reading these things and checking in here really helps me to regain/keep my focus.

I'm ready for the weekend! Hope you're all having a good Thursday!
  • frankwbrown
    Options
    frankwbrown
    Friday, April week 4
    PW: 257.9
    CW: 253.2 (1.82%)

I tried my hand at Pickleball Wednesday morning. It's fun. But I didn't play a game, I just "dinked" the ball a while (15 minutes) with the group organizer. That was enough for me. I decided I wasn't ready for full play yet, and he loaned me a paddle and ball so I can practice solo against a wall. Yesterday, I woke up with some sore leg muscles, this morning they feel better. I'm going to start doing a 15-minute solo pickleball workout every other day, to build up those leg muscles. Then when I'm ready, look out pickleball enthusiasts!

Also, I just received a new (hornless/noseless) bicycle seat, so I'll be seeing if that allows me to take longer bike rides.
    So my new exercise regimen will likely be ~2 hours a day of: walking, strength training, swimming, biking, pickleball and yoga (and eventually tai chi/Qi Gong).

Who's ready for May?
  • Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Colleen790
    April week 4
    PW 174.6
    CW 175.9
    Sorry folks
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Options
    Colleen790 wrote: »
    Colleen790
    April week 4
    PW 174.6
    CW 175.9
    Sorry folks

Don't be sorry...we are all here just try and do our best day by day. I don't know about you, but just getting myself out of bed some days lately is tough (and I a TRUE optimist, high energy person...this last year has just really worn me down). While things are improving there is still SO much unknown in the world and many are still suffering. I am just glad you're here!
  • Shawtytel
    Options
    Shawtytel
    April/Week 4
    PW: 164.4
    CW: 164.0
  • Shawtytel
    Options
    Thank you @Kenyaa3 he had a great birthday.

@Calli1616- I managed to stay away from the icecream and cake but still had Olive Gardens. Surprisingly I ended up full and didn't even eat half of my meal. Saving my calories all day and filling up with water is what I think saved me lol.

For the most part I had a productive day. Got up early on a Saturday...go figure lol and for the first time got some strength training and a stepping video in before 12. I'm super proud of that because it kept me focused all day and I also got down a gallon of water. Off to a great start so far. May maybe my month 🤣...say that 3 times.
  • Jodee2021
    Jodee2021 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
  • 33gail33
    33gail33 Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    33gail33
    Saturday week 4
    PW 199.8
    CW 199.5
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Options
    Jodee2021 wrote: »

Hi! I don't have a May spreadsheet yet--I know your weigh in day is Sunday I just can't log this one yet. When we get the May thread, post there-- Thanks!!
  • Jodee2021
    Jodee2021 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    @Keepingtrack1234 Good I have over 11000 steps so far today. Hoping for a loss before the May spreadsheet! Good luck this week. It is beautiful in Massachusetts today.
  • Pumpitusa
    Pumpitusa Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Gutbusters
    Pumpitusa
    Aug SW 345.2
    Sept 339.4
    Oct 329.4
    Nov 327.6
    Dec 328.2
    Jan 319.0
    Feb 319.6
    Mar 318.0
    4/4/21 318.0 sw
    4/11/21 318 cw
    4/18/21 321.4
    4/25/21 320.2
  • Shawtytel
    Options
    Does the group want to do any challenges to help motivate everyone? If so does anyone have ideas? I was thinking a step challenge and water challenge.
This discussion has been closed.