Team: Gutbusters (April)

Replies

• Kenyaa3
    Kenyaa3 Posts: 203 Member
    Late Check In! Did a lot of walking today and stayed within my calorie range so I’m happy about that. Hope everyone is having a good weekend. 😁
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,125 Member
    Kenyaa3 wrote: »
    check in:
    Stuck to my diet yesterday and so far today. Walked 1.67 miles in the park, did 20 minutes of strength training, and swam 1500 yards (for a total of 854 calories burned). :D
    I weighed a little over 260 this morning. I will celebrate when I break 260 because that will be 70 pounds lost since last July (when I set a goal of 230 by July 10th of this year). I don't think I'll hit that goal, but I think I might get within 10 pounds of it.

Good luck to everyone on your own journey!

You are so active Frank! I’m trying to get there but I have to work towards that. I’m done after a 45 minute walk and an aerobic video, lol.

Do what feels right. You can't rush fitness; I've been working at it for (exactly) 9 months now. Some days, I don't walk as far, or swim as far, or work out for as long. Just try to do a little more each week, and if you feel too sore, give yourself a break. I doubt any of us will get to where we wanna be as quickly as we'd like. We just gotta be okay with that. :smile:
  • Shawtytel
    Shawtytel Posts: 103 Member
    Late check in- I was able to stay below my calories today and still indulge in a piece of blue velvet cake and icecream. Breakfast was an apple, and lunch was a turkey sandwich which was boring lol. But I had a lovely dinner... baked chicken w/cabbage, collard greens, mac, and corn bread. I split everything to equal two meals so I have my lunch set for tomorrow.
    Did 2 aerobic videos, 16,000 steps and had 10 cups of water.

Hope everyone had a great day. Have a good Sunday!
  • Jodee2021
    Jodee2021 Posts: 60 Member
  • 33gail33
    33gail33 Posts: 1,155 Member
    Shawtytel wrote: »
    Late check in- I was able to stay below my calories today and still indulge in a piece of blue velvet cake and icecream. Breakfast was an apple, and lunch was a turkey sandwich which was boring lol. But I had a lovely dinner... baked chicken w/cabbage, collard greens, mac, and corn bread. I split everything to equal two meals so I have my lunch set for tomorrow.

Smart planning - I sometimes do that with chocolate. 🤷‍♀️
  • 33gail33
    Just finished my walk and 30 minutes spinning. Am at 4600 steps and have to go to the office today - so will for sure hit my 8000 running around there hauling files to my car. (Covid lockdown is the worst)
  • Blshumway2010
    Blshumway2010 Posts: 131 Member
    edited April 2021
    Have had so much going on most days I can't even think.

Blshumway2010
    Weigh in Sunday
    PW- 317.3 (last in march)
    PW - 314 (April 4)
    CW - 313.6

Starting a new job, first time not a stay at home Mom since 2016 on Tuesday. Between job hunting and personal/legal issues some days I feel as if I can't even breath. I am working to make sure I hit my fitness trackers step goals which are low at the moment and other than that focus on just trying to make sure I remember to eat. Today is the first day in 2 weeks with no appointments, errands or phone calls to make. Woke up planning on a nice walk and it is raining like crazy which means no walk till the road dries up. Guess its laps around my kitchen. I started March at 329.4 am currently down just shy of 16 pounds. Most of this loss has been in the past couple of weeks and fairly certain as a response to stress and anxiety. While I hope the loss sticks I wish it was happening in a much more productive way.
  • Pumpitusa
    Pumpitusa Posts: 169 Member
    Just hang in there. It sounds like your life is on an upswing. You got this. Good luck on the new job.
  • Pumpitusa
    Pumpitusa Posts: 169 Member
    Gutbusters
    Pumpitusa
    Aug SW 345.2
    Sept 339.4
    Oct 329.4
    Nov 327.6
    Dec 328.2
    Jan 319.0
    Feb 319.6
    Mar 318.0
    4/4/21 318.0 sw
    4/11/21 318 cw
    I think I am having issues with my scale. I am not sure if this is accurate. It said 324. Up 6 from yesturday. Can't be right. I posted what it said 4 days ago. Good luck everyone.
  • Calli1616
    Calli1616 Posts: 1,866 Member
    @33gail33 - nice loss! And you’re on it on those workouts! Sounds like you’re maybe going to get some strength training in too with carrying files! 😉

@shawtytel - woohoo! Fantastic loss! Congrats! And you just keep knocking the workouts out of the park too! Isn’t it nice to have enough calories left over to indulge? I don’t think I’ve heard of “blue” velvet cake, only red. Off to google an image!

@cookierehab - glad you were able to get a hike in without being dizzy! So nice to not feel like you’re trapped inside. And Hooray for the 90 days of logging! That is an impressive milestone!

@frankwbrown - your old running route sounds beautiful! Hopefully you can still take advantage of those beautiful views while walking or biking! Nice job on the weight loss too! Almost 70 lbs down since last July? That is fantastic!

@bishumway2010 - congrats on the new job! It has got to be a bit stressful going back to work after years away. Change is always hard. But you’ve been managing tiny human(s) - you can totally handle whatever the job has for you! I hope it’s a good job and a good fit for you! Hopefully the laps in the house help with a little stress relief. And nice loss!

@pumpitusa - wow! Look at how far you’ve come! Nice! And I agree, it does not sound like your scale is working right. My scale is sometimes a little wacky - I’ll weigh one thing, step off and back on and weigh something else. I just weigh at least until I get two matching weights, lol!

Off to breakfast with the family this morning. It’s my turn to cook, so we are having a hash brown crusted quiche and cranberry-orange coffee cake. That holds me until dinner! 😂 I’ve got a full body strength training session up for today and I need to find the time to get outside for a bit - maybe a walk with the husband this evening. Hope you all are having a great weekend!
  • Paulette_Spencer
    Paulette_Spencer Posts: 46 Member
    Paulette_Spencer
    Week 2
    PW 196.4
    CW 193.3
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,125 Member
    Shawtytel wrote: »
    Late check in- I was able to stay below my calories today and still indulge in a piece of blue velvet cake and ice cream. Breakfast was an apple, and lunch was a turkey sandwich which was boring lol. But I had a lovely dinner... baked chicken w/cabbage, collard greens, mac, and corn bread. I split everything to equal two meals so I have my lunch set for tomorrow.

I'd never heard of blue velvet cake. That gives me the idea of alternating layers of blue velvet/red velvet, with maybe cream cheese icing or ganache.
    Not that I can have that any time soon, but one day... :D

• Shawtytel
    Shawtytel Posts: 103 Member
    @frankwbrown and @Calli1616 I never heard of blue velvet cake either until I walked into my local soul food restaurant and there it was. It's really good but definitely not an everyday or every week thing. It's way too rich for that. There is actually a pink velvet and green velvet as well.
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Keepingtrack1234 Posts: 911 Member
    Hello all!
    Didn't do so hot on my goals this weekend...basically ate **delicious delicious** carbs all weekend (literally, pizza, bagels, soft pretzels, sushi) and now I don't feel so hot lol. Power of PROTEIN!
    Cest la vie-new day, fresh start.
    Monday weigh in's from:
    @Calli1616
    @chiddss
    @Kenyaa3
    @NationalCapital
  • Kenyaa3
    Kenyaa3 wrote: »
    check in:
    Stuck to my diet yesterday and so far today. Walked 1.67 miles in the park, did 20 minutes of strength training, and swam 1500 yards (for a total of 854 calories burned). :D
    I weighed a little over 260 this morning. I will celebrate when I break 260 because that will be 70 pounds lost since last July (when I set a goal of 230 by July 10th of this year). I don't think I'll hit that goal, but I think I might get within 10 pounds of it.

Good luck to everyone on your own journey!

You are so active Frank! I’m trying to get there but I have to work towards that. I’m done after a 45 minute walk and an aerobic video, lol.

Do what feels right. You can't rush fitness; I've been working at it for (exactly) 9 months now. Some days, I don't walk as far, or swim as far, or work out for as long. Just try to do a little more each week, and if you feel too sore, give yourself a break. I doubt any of us will get to where we wanna be as quickly as we'd like. We just gotta be okay with that. :smile:

You’re absolutely right! Thanks so much! 😁
  • Kenyaa3
    @Kenyaa3
    PW 260.0
    CW 259.6

Happy Monday Team!! Hope you all have a great week on purpose. 😁

• 33gail33
    Ugh - slept in this morning so I didn't go for a walk and no steps because I am working from home (it wasn't a workout day anyway). It is rainy and windy and miserable so just gonna watch my food intake and call it a "rest" day. :smile: Have a great week everyone!
  • Blshumway2010
    Blshumway2010 Posts: 131 Member
    Today is going to be a long day, well morning, have court today and hoping for a very good result which would reduce a great deal of stress. Not all of it but a lot. After court have a couple errands and hoping for nice enough weather for a walk and some yard work.
  • NationalCapital
    NationalCapital Posts: 108 Member
    Hello team:

Hope everyone had a great Easter weekend.

SW 164
    CW 162

So excited.. getting my IFIT enabled studio cycle bike today :)

Cheers.
  • CookieRehab
    CookieRehab Posts: 65 Member
    Checking in: I feel like I did really well last week. Yesterday was a little hard though. I went over my calorie goal but was still under maintenance. I made a series of wrong food choices that were high in carbs but super low volume and then my water got turned off 😬 So I'm a bit heavier today but I'm sure it was just something because of yesterday.
    Today I'm going to try to drive up to the city to see my chiropractor and go to "silver" yoga. So I'm excited and just hope I feel well enough for it.
    Hope you all have a good start to your week!
This discussion has been closed.