Replies

• MizSpiffy
    MizSpiffy Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    4/10/2021
    Record all calories NO
    Stay under calorie limit NO
    Exercise 20 minutes YES!
    UGH. Didn't plan. And this is what happens when I don't plan.
  • lacatgirl
    lacatgirl Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    pass day - dinner out
    Exercised: Yes
    Calories:Over
    Tracked: No
  • znaoiec
    znaoiec Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes and yes
    Walking for exercise and then a fair amount of physical movement at work along with shopping afterwards (something I have not done in a long time).
  • vivshahmib
    vivshahmib Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    April 10th Sign In

March 1st : 202 lbs (92kgs)
    April 1st Start Weight: 196 lbs (89kgs))
    April Goal Weight: 188 lbs (85kgs))

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
    • Walked approx 7.5 miles in about 120 min

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
    Pass days used: 0/0
  • JTreasures
    JTreasures Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3
  • Chinkiri
    Chinkiri Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    10th April
    Pass Day #2
    I managed minimal exercise, just about 20 minutes.
    Calories: Not sure, I didn't log.
    We get 300 + days of sunshine here, but today was one of the other 60. Grey, cold (well, relatively) and wet, reminiscent of London, UK, or Northern Netherlands or (worst) Brussels, Belgium. Any Belgians on UAC?
  • BobWw2017
    BobWw2017 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    April 10

Pass day 2

• abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    February 10/3
    March 12/3

2 yes

3/3
  • Jane2285
    Jane2285 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Exercise? YES - rode my bike.

Calories Tracked - WAY OVER - bad me.

Drink/Ate - yup. Got it all tracked. See MAJOR changes coming my way.
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,218 Member
    Options
    Sorry I'm late!!!
    April 10

Exercise: Yes - 10 k walk
    Calories: yes
    Tracked: Yes
    Pass days: 1/3
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,832 Member
    Options
    4/10

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? ✅
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? ✅
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? ✅

1 of 3 passes used
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    @fourathomej No apologies required, especially with 4 at home!
    Your friend, Rick
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    Man alive, what a GREAT life Bandit has 🐎

@Chinkiri If I say I like Belgian dark chocolate does that count?

I was outside on this day, putzing around my neighborhood trying to find a soft surface to skip on (reason: middle-aged knees 🤷🏾‍♀️), and ended up in an elementary schoolyard. They had a snakes 'n chutes game painted onto the concrete so even though I didn't get the softer surface I was looking for, I got to play while skipping

Here's another late entry...
    ---|---|---|--
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? YES | Theresa Depasquale's 90-Day Workout Program (40), Skipping (15) TOTAL: 55
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? YES | Base + 270
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? YES
    ---|---|---|---

Personal Bonus: Did I meet my protein macro for the day (40%)? YES | 40%
    Personal Bonus: Did I meet my fiber micro for the day (35%)? NO | 31%
    Pass Days Used: (APR01)
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    @MaltedTea I like imagining you playing at the elementary school. Perfect!!
    Rick
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,786 Member
    Options
    April 10
    18-day streak!
    🌿🍀🍃
    Appetite under control. No sugar.

#MaybeI’veGotThis? Time will tell.

9.8K steps
    1:35min walk.

Maddie, I was thinking about "MaybeIveGotthis?" and my small experience in maintenance has been that it's NEVER the same. It's good to go on stretches for a month at a time trying things but it's also really important to realize that just like in losing, what might have worked in year 1 or 3 might not work in yr 2 or 4 so we have to be flexible in our approach and willing to adapt. It's why I never really am able to explain "what is success" in maintenance because it is of course also quite individual. If what you are currently doing works that is perfect, but if at some point it no longer works due to whatever reason, it's not a failure, it's just a change.
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,855 Member
    Options
    Start weight, April 1, 2021: 124.6
    April 1, 2021 – 124.6 (+1.4)
    March 1, 2021 – 123.2 (-3.0)
    February 1, 2021 - 126.2 (-5.8); Tanita BF scale at 6 am 126.5 and 26%BF
    January 1, 2021 – 132 (-3.6)
    December 1, 2020 – 135.6 (-5.2)
    November 6, 2020 – 140.8 (-7.0)
    October 2, 2020 – 147.8 (-5.2)
    September 14, 2020 – 153.0
    Thoughts and Goals for April:
    April has arrived and I am sitting here reflecting back on this month. It is the first month since September that I have closed the month with an “up”. That said, an up had to come at some point since at some point one is no longer trying/needing to lose weight, and I had passed my original goal back in January, I believe. The up on its own would be fine, but the habits, or lack thereof, that crept into my March are the concern. So, for the month of April, I will be focusing on returning to preplanning/pre-tracking as much as is possible and to not just thrown in the day it does not go as planned. I know that I know how to re-group and I need to make sure I find the time and energy for that. I want to up my cardio. Yes, I am “group walking” every day which burns calories, but honestly, I could walk at that pace for hours and hours without effort. I need to push myself, here and there, again. I will also be trying to maintain the social aspect of the group walks as well, so juggling all those time commitments will take a little focus. Lastly, I need to return to adding back exercises. I have not planked in a month, and rarely done exercises other than walking, running, or biking. So I need to figure out how to include bodyweight or dumbbell workouts. Here’s to April.

Wishing everyone a great month!
    April History
    Date: 4/1
    Weight: 124.6
    Exercised?: Yes, 0:54:43 group walk at 17’10” pace for 3.18 miles
    Calories?: No
    Tracked?: No
    Rings Closed?: Yes, 1 of 30
    Apple Watch TDEE: 2184

*** so not the way to start a new month. Did not respond well to another curve ball thrown at me. Going to pre-track tomorrow. It will be a belated 60th birthday dinner for my husband since his mother will have arrived and be able to join us for the dinner.

Date: 4/2
    Weight: 125.6
    Exercised?: Yes, 0:21:02 Apple Fitness Spinning; 0:32:29 Indoor cycling to Youtube CV19 news
    Calories?: Yes, 1411/1590 + 314 exercise (net 493)
    Tracked?: Yes
    Rings Closed?: Yes, 2 of 30
    Apple Watch TDEE: 2340

*** This is the way I like to handle my day! And this included dining out. :)

Date: 4/3
    Weight: 123.2
    Exercised?: Yes, 1:22:53 group walk at 16’30” pace for 4.92 miles, 10 min Apple Fitness core
    Calories?: Yes, 1855/1590 + 312 exercise (net 47 )
    Rings Closed?: Yes, 3 of 30
    Apple Watch TDEE: 2079

Date: 4/4
    Weight: 122.2
    Exercised?: Yes, 0:31:10 Apple Fitness Spinning
    Calories?: Yes, 1746/1590 + 197 exercise (net 41 )
    Rings Closed?: Yes, 4 of 30
    Apple Watch TDEE: 2052

*** Sitting here as I write this, I have to wonder if posting my thoughts here this morning helped me to frame and get through the day. This morning, I did actually expect today to be a pass day, despite the slight optimism I expressed in my post. Ten minutes later, I decided to track a tentative day – carrot cake, stuffed shells and all. When I got done, I saw that even with every food included I could meet my calorie goals for the day. Portion control was the key. The plan was 90% accurate and the other 10% was adjusted on the fly. When I added something, I took something else away (sorry salad :P ). I enjoyed Easter with no pass today. The success feels good!

Date: 4/5
    Weight: 122.4
    Exercised?: Yes, 0:39:22 walk with MIL at 22’53” pace for 1.72 miles; 0:20:03 indoor cycle
    Rings Closed?: No, 4 of 30
    Apple Watch TDEE: 1679

*** Finished yesterday with “success feels good” and had a total crash day after my entertaining was over. Ate badly and slept a ton. :( Most interesting thing though is looking at the difference in TDEE.

Date: 4/6
    Weight: 123.6
    Exercised?: Yes, 1:52:51 group walk at 17’22” pace for 6.49 miles; 0:33:31 late night 5K run at 10’22” pace for 3.23 miles
    Calories?: Yes, 1732/1590 + 724 exercise ( net 582 )
    Rings Closed?: Yes, 5 of 30
    Apple Watch TDEE: 2657

*** Interesting how 4/5 was sandwiched between two strong days. Glad I “test drove” running a 5K again. Good to see I can do it.

Date: 4/7
    Weight: 123.0
    Exercised?: Yes, 1:22:26 group walk at 17’01” pace for 4.84 miles
    Calories?: Yes, 1738/1590 + 302 exercise ( net 154 )
    Rings Closed?: Yes, 6 of 30
    Apple Watch TDEE: 2019

*** kitchen close and posting is timely. :)

Date: 4/8
    Weight: 123.0
    Exercised?: Yes, 1:23:34 group walk at 17’03” pace for 5.06 miles
    Calories?: Yes, 1954/1590 + 416 exercise ( net 52 )
    Rings Closed?: Yes, 7 of 30
    Apple Watch TDEE: 2207

*** basic day, nothing special

Date: 4/9
    Weight: 122.6
    Exercised?: Yes, 0:28:33 solo walk at 14’40” pace for 1.94 miles; 1:11:41 group walk at 15’44” pace for 4.55 miles
    Calories?: Yes, 1940/1590 + 409 exercise ( net 59 )
    Rings Closed?: Yes, 8 of 30
    Apple Watch TDEE: updated the following day – see spoiler

*** Had an interesting moment today that I hope will help me to understand the benefit of what was accomplished these 6 months. Today, I got home from a short grocery shopping including two bottles of wine to bring to friends on Sunday. I hate using the elevator at the building so I take the two flights to our condo. I carried all the groceries at once, from the car, through the parking and up the two flights. Not hard, but I could feel the difference. As an experiment, I walked directly to the scale when I got in our unit to see how high a combined weight I now was. I was still almost 9 lbs less that what I weighed in September, and almost 24 lbs less than my high in 2001. Hopefully experiments like this will help me keep focus, and keep my maintenance going. Yo-yo-ing has been my tendancy.
    Date: 4/10
    Weight: 124.0
    Exercised?: Yes, 0:30:07 run at 98’42” pace for 3.10 miles
    Rings Closed?: Yes, 9 of 30
    Apple Watch TDEE: 2054

*** what a difference a day makes. So interesting seeing yesterday’s comment in light of how today went. Day started well by entering another 5K race and did well. Then guests failed to show on time and failed to communicate and threw off the days good intensions. Had been pre-tracked but that all got thrown away as the day evolved and I could not rapidly re-group.

Passes remaining: 0
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    @SModa61 Guests fail to show on time and don't communicate. That does make me angry too!