WaistAways - May 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options
    @conleywoods thank you so much. And I can relate, I ate way too much too, yesterday. But no worries, today is a new day andwe got this :)

@micki48 Thank you Michelle! So glad to see you are back. I wish I could get up early enough to workout like you. One day hopefully :)

• PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    @gak71 you and everyone else!!! Lol. The lake is waiting (but trust me, it's still too chilly to do anything but look at it!) wouldn't it be fun to have the whole group over for a paddle (and some DIY to burn those calories!)
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,100 Member
    Options
    gak71 wrote: »
    @DD265 I know the feeling of pressure that people will be coming to your home and you're not ready! We bought a seriously run-down, basically abandoned lake house in mid 2019 and the pressure started instantly of people asking when they would be invited to enjoy the lake. I've barely had time to enjoy the lake because we've been in never-ending repair mode since the day we got here. I was actually pretty glad for the breathing room the pandemic gave us to ease the pressure of people wanting to visit. That reprieve is almost up... We still have one major structural change to make to our deck and staircase that is the only access to the lake so the pressure is on to get that done.
    Definitely finding new ways to cope with stress @ashleycarole86 is a tough new adventure.
    @conleywoods I'm glad today is better! Take care of you!

Not to add pressure to your life @PlaneMonkey, but when are we having a WaistAway party at your lake house? Put us to work and it could be fun and slimming!

I'm in. I'll bring a hammer, a broom, and a pressure washer.
  • jugar
    Options
    lorib642 wrote: »
    I usually walk our dog with my husband about 3x/week. I decided to up that to 4 x/week. Felt tired yesterday, but went anyways. My husband bought “keto” granola, but it has coconut sugar. I tried it last night and my fasting glucose this morning was at the level it was before I started keto. So, I won’t be eating that. I am trying to find something that tastes sweet that I can have after dinner that won’t raise my glucose.
    I am no expert on keto, but often when I'm craving sweet stuff after dinner, weirdly enough, a great big pickle helps! A dill or other sour pickle has a great dampening effect on the sweet tooth. If pickle really kills the vibe of the dinner I just ate, a small handful of roasted nuts can do the trick too, but my off switch for those often malfunctions.

I'm sure there are at least a few keto folks here who can help you out with this one!
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    @jugar CW: 189.5 Yay! Now, if I can keep marching downward through the 80s, I'd be super okay with that!
    I'm having trouble pushing through wanting to have somebody cook our breakfast (or lunch) and find it wicked challenging to come straight home after running errands close to either of those meals! It doesn't help that OH will be heading to Wyoming for 4-months next Tuesday, so it feels appropriate to eat out together.
    Pushing through getting out for long walks has been tougher this week because of getting our second vaccines. I'm feeling like my normal self today, though, so all shall be well.

I love the idea of helping @PlaneMonkey do projects at the lake house. count me in! Paddling in chilly water isn't a problem unless you fall out of the boat.

Let's set up a ZOOM visit again, soon. I missed the last one and would love to see y'all "live-time". I'm happy to set up a time and day. Just let me know which days would work well and we can move towards that together.

Have a great night.
  • jugar
    Options
    @EvMakesChanges
    WTG! You're in the 80s now - don't look back! For those meals, try to plan what you're going to make before you are hungry. If you already know exactly what you are going to have, then it is easy to make and be satisfied with the healthy choice. It is surprising how healthy food is filling too! It does the job :smiley: Keep salad fixings ready to go. I find having just about the same thing every single day for breakfast and a choice of 2-3 "standard" lunches really helps prevent the ravenous monster choices. Because we all know what happens when those start! :grimace:

Time to put on my fave hat:
    q2kiw8i7pbf9.jpg
    Ready for Friday??? I'm sure not, but here we go - there's a big crowd lining up at the weigh station!

still due from earlier:
    @Pearl4686
    @MoStacy

Due Friday:
    @conleywoods
    @SMcFall0215
    @happimess01
    @Steph1498
    @ellz_runs
    @lorib642
    @gak71
    @healthygirlintransit
    @texasruby354

It will be a great shower of numbers - thanks!
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    @jugar how did you know a pressure washer was on the wish list?!? (it's on everyone's, right?) we want to pressure wash the rock cliff face between the house and the lower deck so we can build a fireplace against it. Just need to remove all the moss first. That's a bit more than the garden hose is capable of.
    Everyone is welcome to lend a hand! @DD265 is a pro - and probably deserves a lakeside vacation after all that DIY. Don't let the pressure get to you, your visitors will be wowed by the big picture and won't even see the small details that are currently probably driving you up the wall.
    @EvMakesChanges not falling in the water is key!
    Almost Friday.... We've got this!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    gak71 wrote: »
    @DD265 I know the feeling of pressure that people will be coming to your home and you're not ready! We bought a seriously run-down, basically abandoned lake house in mid 2019 and the pressure started instantly of people asking when they would be invited to enjoy the lake. I've barely had time to enjoy the lake because we've been in never-ending repair mode since the day we got here. I was actually pretty glad for the breathing room the pandemic gave us to ease the pressure of people wanting to visit. That reprieve is almost up... We still have one major structural change to make to our deck and staircase that is the only access to the lake so the pressure is on to get that done.
    Definitely finding new ways to cope with stress @ashleycarole86 is a tough new adventure.
    @conleywoods I'm glad today is better! Take care of you!

Not to add pressure to your life @PlaneMonkey, but when are we having a WaistAway party at your lake house? Put us to work and it could be fun and slimming!

Great idea!!👍🏻
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    @DD265 I know that feeling of not having the house ready. We have an older house too and there is a lot to do. But we live in the forest and put a lot of house projects on hold to go play. I try and remind myself that my visitors are here to see me, not my house.

@PlaneMonkey My aunt and uncle bought a lake cabin about the same time you did and it was also abandoned. We live about 45 minutes away and since every thing is 30-60 minutes from our house we consider this close. Lake houses are so exciting that we were happy to visit and lend a hand. The attic was really bad and probably housed some racoons for a long time 😳 No one will notice those little things that you do!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Logged my food. Still over but closer. Hit my step goal. Did Pilates, took a walk, and tended to my garden. Pretty good day. 🙂
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    @lorib642 I don't know much about keto either but my step mom has been keto for many years. If she is over and I want to do a dessert I serve fresh berries with whipped cream. She always eats it so I'm going to assume it's at least okay.
  • Steph1498
    Steph1498 Posts: 307 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    [quote="conleywoods;c-45961991"
    I try and remind myself that my visitors are here to see me, not my house.]

I love this comment. Sometimes I used to be so busy thinking about the faults of my house, or the mid-renovation projects that I didn’t invite guests... it took me moving away to start inviting everyone over and I wish I had done that sooner. My sister and I had the best time painting my dining room. I would be down to help with projects!
  • Steph1498
    Options
    CW: 160.5
    PW: 160.5

Yeah! No increase is okay. Yesterday I ate 10 mint milanos cookies on a road trip.... 10. Why would I buy those without anyone else to share them on the road trip? Ok I did enjoy the soft and minty decadence. But totally not in my calorie or sugar or carb budget.
    That’s over and I will do better next week.
  • SMcFall0215
    SMcFall0215 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    @SMcFall0215
    Fridays

PW-160.4
    CW-160.4

I just can’t kick this 160.4.
  • Steph1498
    Options
    Steps so far this month @jugar
    1: 12450
    2: 10141
    3: 16435
    4: 6252
    5: 10304
    6: 7845
  • gak71
    gak71 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    PW: 242.2
    CW: 240.5

I’m excited about the possibility of breaking in to the 230s next week!
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday, Friends!

Hubby and I got our 2nd jabs this morning. I tend not to do very well with injections so I'm having a nice, slow and relaxing day now that the jabs are over.

Enjoy your day!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,142 Member
    Options
    Morning all, happy Friday! Hit my 100 days on MFP today.... what a life changing thing it has been this time.

I get my first covid vaccine tomorrow... guess I'll see how I feel. The few people I know who have had round 1 so far felt fine minus a sore arm.

Will also be doing a Mother's Day tea for my Mom tomorrow by bringing her a takeout special a local restaurant is going on. Not too sure what the food contains but I'll eat what I can and leave any excess. I haven't had to navigate these situations much over my 100 days yet, so we'll see how I do.

Was supposed to golf next weekly but new restrictions are limiting that so I will be sticking to my pure walking for now.
This discussion has been closed.