Kat's OMAD journey

Replies

• katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    Thanks Brenda ....I gotta keep thinking up those menus uhhhhhh.....Today I actually had lasagna. I've been low carb and I was shocked that RAO's frozen lasagna has only 38 carbs minus 3 for fiber so...35 carbs for the whole individual serving. So i went for it. It felt like more than enough food and I had it with brussel sprouts. So I'm staying under 50 carbs and I def was shocked by the carb count. I'll have to see if I react with more hunger tomorrow but I'm planning on staying busy.
    Gosh Steph, I guess I am scared that it won't come off. I gotta just stay consistent. I'm def fitting better in my close and don't feel the bloat anymore. when I was younger I was always 120 pounds ( I'm 5'6) and that is a long ways off. But...I def think I can carry more weight now so I need to stop thinking that's where I should be.
    I've done well on omad the last three days. I have been having a handful of almonds before dinner but it doesn't seem to be hurting me.
    Just took pics of my jog the last three days as my food wasn't very exciting. I enjoy my runs and somehow I don't get tired. I had an Italian unwich jimmy john yesterday and the RAO's lasagna today. I get the RAO's at Sprouts.
    Hope everyone is doing great :)
    p96tbyzxxqia.jpg
    2ceye873b49p.jpg
    qw09p9f9sc1y.jpg
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Carbs are the devil >:) and I just love them 😆 but I guess as long as we eat them in moderation we'll be OK 🙂

Wow I wish I had your energy, maybe someday 😆
  • katjustkat
    Yeah they're def the devil for me. I have no cravings at all when I keep them super low. I plan on always keeping them low but I don't want to be afraid of them. If I get down to a good weight then I'll allow special occasion extra carbs but I def know that I gotta always be in-tuned and not kid myself if it gets slippery. Sugar is just plain bad for the body & brain so I don't want to go that route again.
    Today was a good omad day except...I had 2 chocolate mint 'think' keto bars. They were dangerously good. I just tried them today for the first time. I don't buy those processed bars but I bought them thinking I might need them in Vegas :#
    Had a taco salad ( ground turkey) for din din, yogurt for dessert & gulp the two keto bars.
    I'm jogging a bit too far. I did 6 miles today. I want to dial it back because I keep pushing further and I shouldn't do that since I'm running everyday. I really hardly feel it tho so it's hard to tell myself to head home. Tomorrow I'll try for 4-5 miles.
    Hope everyone is doing well. I'm loving this nice weather :)
    ** another kitty photo bomb :D
    giihnl93gmb8.jpg
    wnczp1ddx960.jpg
  • LadyBlanks
    LadyBlanks Posts: 1,070 Member
    That salad looks amazing!!
  • Brendalea69
    LadyBlanks wrote: »

I agree 😋
  • katjustkat
    Thanks...we used to eat a lot of salads but my son moved in because of covid and he's not a huge fan ....so I put them on the table less often. Kept my jog at 5.3 miles today so that's better. Starting to get hot out there :s I just made a plate of odds and ends from the frig and called it dinner. Had a yogurt too. The last 'think' keto bar made it down my throat so I won't buy those anymore. Needless calories.
    Hope everyone enjoyed their day :)
    3djzl794celq.jpg
    lsj2eji223ta.jpg
  • katjustkat
    edited May 2021
    Good, busy day. I got extra steps in because I helped a very old woman carry her groceries home. A tote full of cans that was very heavy. Poor thing kept switching hands going up a hill. I was surprised that we walked a mile from where I saw her :o Got a longer jog too because I ran back home from her house.
    Easy light dinner because tomorrow I'll enjoy a nice brunch the kids and the hubs will cook. Just kale salad and turkey & yogurt.
    Happy Mother's Day to all the mama's out there! <3<3<3
    eh7am8sq3m49.jpg
    18gn028z29pz.jpg
  • bonitabeach33
    bonitabeach33 Posts: 67 Member
    LadyBlanks wrote: »

I agree 😋

Mmmmmm. Me too. And the kitty is gorgeous.

• katjustkat
    Loooove my kitty....actually share her with my son who's living with us right now.
    Hope everyone had a great mother's Day! We had a very yummy brunch with lots of carbs ( I used sugar free maple syrup at least). Kind of hard the next day for me but today more normal omad except for some left over bacon about 45 min before dinner omad. Couldn't run yesterday or the day before so was starting to get mentally bummed. Got 5.5 miles today thoough, just before it rained the rest of the day.
    Hope I can get back to strict low carb omad. Had about 1/4 cup whole wheat pasta last night. So we'll seeeee
    sjwrxr2i7fdw.jpg
    glzo2jcqv94i.jpg
    9l3hjap7owr9.jpg
    93ys2pg3dwym.jpg
  • Brendalea69
    That food looks so yummy 😋
  • katjustkat
    All's good in the hood. Kinda head tripping lately...like I'm not doing enough. But...I've been busy so the negative self talk is disappearing pretty quickly. I hadn't weighed in 2 weeks and felt heavy but was pleasantly surprised that I went down 2 pounds since the 1st. Been doing omad and running everyday. Going to Vegas next Sunday and I think it's got me worrying about not getting to stay on my routine.
    Not sure why I don't have food pics...musta been rushing. Keeping the carbs under 50. Hope everyone is doing welllllll :0)
    3fl4uex1lapc.jpg
    emahjyj86o3h.jpg
    zoq9026dzp1c.jpg
  • Brendalea69
    I love when the scale goes down too, good job 🙂
  • katjustkat
    Gosh yeah Brenda, hard to keep going without results. I'm trying to think of it simply as the new norm and even without weight loss it's still doing positive things for my body. The weight def has to come off eventually....just can't eat so much better and less and exercise and stay over weight...wouldn't be logical.
    Kinda stressed a bit because I'll be off my schedule in Vegas...I guess it's become my security blanket. But it's only 6 days. I do wake up 5:30- 6:00am so I'm planning on heading out and walking the strip while sissies sleep in. I think that'll make me feel good. I bet they'll get up at 10. I can bring them back coffee. If it's too hard to do omad I will do low carb 2mad. I don't want to be a stick in the mud because my one sis is a real foodie. Leaving on Sunday and am leaving my laptop home so that I don't get preoccupied with it.
    Been running everyday; 5-6.5 miles. Eating low carb but have been hungry and eating extra protein about an hour before my dinner.
    Hope everyone is enjoying the nice weather <3
  • bonitabeach33
    bonitabeach33 Posts: 67 Member
    Hi Kat, you are so disciplined that surely a few days enjoyment with the gals will not be harmful. You can dance your way up and down the strip and will probably be surprised just how many steps yu are doing without even thinking about it.

Have a fabulous time. I’m very Very envious here in lockdown (still uggggh). Don’t forget to share a story or two even though we all know the rule “what’s goes on in Vegas blah blah....

Enjoy. Xx
  • Brendalea69
    Have fun in Vegas and don't stress too much about the food :)
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    That food is KILLING me on a thurs night (end of second full fast day for the week 😂)

Looks amazing and so proud of your dedication lady!!!
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Have fun and enjoy yourself in Vegas😘
  • marina50plus
    marina50plus Posts: 5 Member
    hello, where are you guys, i like to join the group but i see it ended at june 4 ???
  • marina50plus
    marina50plus Posts: 5 Member
    what i saw in the videos from omad is that to be consistent is the most important and to eat what you want. i do it since one week guys. and my neighbour, she is doing the same. someone with me?
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Am still here but the group has gone all quiet 🤔... not sure why.