TEAM: Run Track Minds (June)

Options
AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215.

Replies

• Waifer003
    Waifer003 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Hello Team,
    Looking forward to being motivated by a team challenge. First time team member, but have been using MFP for a long time. Hoping to get myself back into my pre-Covid state.
    Let’s do this!

Waifer003
    Alberta, Canada
  • AB0215
    Options
    smcinto wrote: »
    Username: smcinto
    Week: Sunday
    PW = 145.2lb
    CW = 144.8 lb
  • AB0215
    Options
    ABOUT THE CHALLENGES & REQUIRED WEIGHT POSTINGS

We are going to be running (Optional) Mini-challenges this month: Daily Posts.

First and foremost is that participation in this challenge is optional. It's up to you as to whether you want to try this. If you don't want to participate in these challenges, you don't have to, the choice is yours, but I would like to encourage you to participate as it seems to help keep us on track and thinking about our goals on a daily basis and it's encouraging to see other's successes and struggles so that we realize that we are not alone!!

The Daily Posts Challenge is based on another challenge on MFP called UAC (Ultimate Accountability Challenge). The way UAC works is that the aim is to follow 5 basic rules.

#1. Track EVERYTHING you eat that has calories.
    #2. Stay inside your allocated daily budget. (you set your own budget)
    #3. Try to do at least 20 minutes of activity a day (anything: walk, run, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.. As long as it gets you active and off the couch)
    #4. 1 pass day permitted per week (went over calories, could not track, not enough exercise, intentional pass)
    #5. Check in daily (tracking yes/no, calories yes/no, exercise yes/no).

****End of the week. those who have managed to keep to plan for 6 out of 7 days are recognized in the thread as being part of the weekly "Winners Circle".

**A side note as there has been a bit of confusion for new members in the past, this is not the same as the official results, which are weight based, this is just another tool to help you reach your weight loss goals.**

**REMEMBER**
    You set your own daily budget.
    You choose you own exercise and intensity (no step limit, no exercises you cannot or should not do, 20 mins of gardening counts as much as a 10 mile run, activity is activity, anything that gets you up and moving!).
    Is not weight based (as weight fluctuates day by day).
    Can continue beyond weight loss.

Daily check in keeps you in touch with those doing similar. Longer term weight management is hard to do on your own.

It also has frequent resets (as in a circle each week).

It works on an honor system. Being honest with yourself and others is a key to making things work. Remember, this is a judgement free zone, everyone has good days and bad days, but the way to get to the finish line is by being honest and when we have a bad day, picking ourselves up and carrying on the next day!

Consistency and new habits have been shown the only long term successful way to change weight. We all want the progress made here to last a lifetime.

Your posts should look like this:
    Daily Post (Sunday)

Track: Yes/no
    Calories: Yes/no (were you under)
    Exercise: Yes/no (what type and how long)
    Goals/Day/Comments: (Tell us a brief description about your how your day went or your goals for the day)

Please post your weight on your scheduled weigh in day, as if you miss weigh-ins, you may be eliminated from the challenge and we don't want to see that happen!!

Your posts should look like this:
    AB0215 (username)
    Week 1 (which week it is)
    PW =(previous weight)
    CW=(current weight)

Please, please setup your posts in that format as it really makes it much easier for us to track your progress for the challenges and the weight loss!!

Welcome to June Challenge!!
  • kkay2345
    kkay2345 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Sunday is my weigh in, but I won't be able to weigh in today because I am out of town for the holiday and I forgot to bring my scale. :( I will weigh in next Sunday for sure. And tomorrow when I get home I will introduce myself. I am so excited for this challenge!

@AB0215 - If you are still looking for a captain for this team, I would be happy to do it!
  • kkay2345
    kkay2345 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    @AB0215 - Actually, how do I handle not being able to weigh in today? Should I weigh in tomorrow or on Tuesday morning?
  • naomi9271
    naomi9271 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hi! I’m Naomi. I started out on MFP in early April after stepping on a scale for the first time in years and realizing I was 20 lbs heavier than I was the last time I stepped on one. So I am here in this challenge to lose the last of those 20 lbs, but more importantly to figure out how to fix my diet/fitness so it doesn’t happen again.

Total newbie. I have been on a steep learning curve figuring out calories in food, how many I really should be eating, and all the basic stuff you’d think I’d know by my age (50). So far, so good...but I’m here to learn from you what I don’t know I don’t know.
  • alpdexplorer
    alpdexplorer Posts: 251 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Hello, I'm Courtney. I've been on and off MFP since 2010. I often fall off the bandwagon, unfortunately. This is my 2nd challenge of the year, and am excited to be a part of this group! I've been successfully tracking my calories since mid April, and have lost roughly 16 lbs. (with added exercise, of course). I'm hoping by joining challenges it will keep me going. Hopefully in the future I won't feel the need to join challenges, and will be able to continue my weight loss journey without needing the constant accountability. Until then, here I am. <3
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,975 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    kkay2345 wrote: »
    Sunday is my weigh in, but I won't be able to weigh in today because I am out of town for the holiday and I forgot to bring my scale. :( I will weigh in next Sunday for sure. And tomorrow when I get home I will introduce myself. I am so excited for this challenge!

AB0215 - If you are still looking for a captain for this team, I would be happy to do it!

Hi there, Team members who have Sunday weighins typically have more flexibility then people with a Friday or Saturday weigh in. Reason being is we stop inputting each week's weights by the cutoff day, Saturday.(I attached a screenshot of the Weigh-in expectations) So you can weigh in anytime(the sooner the better for you) as long as before Saturday. Then next week you'll weigh-in on Sunday which will be the start of Week 2. I was going to lend a hand to the Runtrackminds for the month of June but if you are still interested in being Captain, please let us know just one more time, then I'll make sure to let the Big Boss know🙂 and thank you so much for volunteering!

r0tf1jft8llc.jpg
  • Krysless2
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Hi my name's Krystal. A little about me, I’m 36 years old, a Florida native, been happily together with my husband for 18 years and we have a beautiful 15year old daughter. I love spending time with the fam doing boring day-to-day things together. Going to the beach is a big part of life for us! I also like to watch movies or engulf myself in a good tv show, which I’ve actually brought into my workout routine. It gives me a nice incentive to keep going on my at-home treadmill

My WL journey:
    Started in April of 2016 at 213lbs. And for 3 years I took my time to research and familiarize myself with the keto diet. I got into the pattern of being on the diet, then getting off, I would watch the scale creep up then get back on it. By the end of 2018 I was down to 189lbs when I turned to MFP and The Biggest Loser Challenge, I accelerated my weight loss and have had much success with the accountability here!
    These are my WL stats and a reminder to myself not to give up):
    May 2016 Journey SW: 213
    July 2017: 200
    Nov 2018: 189
    January 2019 SW: 185
    (Note: When I started food logging and The Biggest Loser Challenge)
    January 2020: 167.8
    January 2021: 160
    Feb 2021: 151
    March 2021: 154
    April 2021: 149.2
    May 2021: 145.5
    June 2021: 143.2

If you are new to this challenge or this group Runtrackminds .. Welcome! Ill be hovering around to help with captain-like duties, please tag me @Krysless2 if you need me to answer a question.

These are my goals for June:
    1. I’ll be participating in the optional side challenge or the MUAC (aka MiniUltimateAccountabilityChallenge) this month.
    2. I’m adding 3 Boxing Sessions a week to my personal goals (I have only been able to complete 2of3 so far.)
    3. 9000 steps/week is still my goal (finally hit it this last week..so yay me!!😊)
  • Krysless2
    Options
    THE MAY'S BIGGEST LOSER IS .....Shawtytel. WITH AN AMAZING LOSS OF 5.73% BODY WEIGHT!!!! BRAVO!!
    o714iv1y812f.jpg
    THE TEAM WHO LOST THE GREATEST PERCENTAGE IN MAY IS ..... FLAB-U-LESS!!!
    AWESOME JOB TEAM FLAB-U-LESS!
    WE DID IT! WE MADE IT THROUGH MAY TOGETHER. WHETHER YOU LOST, GAINED, OR MAINTAINED - YOU ARE STILL HERE, YOU ARE STILL STRIVING TO REACH YOUR GOALS, YOU ARE A WINNER.

THERE WERE A NUMBER OF IMPRESSIVE INDIVIDUAL EFFORTS TOO. MOST WINNERS ACHIEVED ABOVE 3% , 4% AND EVEN 5% LOSS FOR THE MONTH WHICH IS INCREDIBLE, CONGRATULATIONS!!

OVERALL, THE TOTAL COMBINED WEIGHT LOSS WAS A FANTASTIC 146.1 LBS!! GREAT JOB EVERYONE!!

ALSO THREE CHEERS FOR YOUR CAPTAINS cmhubbard92. annabananamc. jen_097. brandi_84. AB0215. Lorianncorrea. Keepingtrack1234. !! WITH THEIR SUPPORT AND MINI CHALLENGES WE WERE ABLE TO PULL OF SOME GREAT NUMBERS THIS MONTH. HIP HIP HIP (...cheering from the crowd...).

THANK YOU LEADERS AND CHALLENGERS FOR A FANTASTIC MONTH FOR THE BIGGEST LOSER MONTHLY CHALLENGE.

AND WITHOUT FURTHER ADIEU, THE MAY GRAND FINALE RESULTS:

~ Ashley.

The Biggest Loser Is...
    1st - Shawtytel. - 5.73%
    2nd - mooreshelly09. - 4.63%
    3rd - brgking. - 4.53%

The TEAM Biggest Loser...
    1st - Flab-U-Less. - 1.28%
    2nd - Gutbusters. - 1.17%
    3rd - The Big Butt Theory. - 0.81%

Top 3 Individual % by Team:

The Big Butt Theory
    1st - mooreshelly09. - 4.63%
    2nd - roz0810. - 2.90%
    3rd - Gamommy2. - 2.79%

The Slimsons
    1st - chublet25. - 4.50%
    2nd - dvdadie. - 3.93%
    3rd - SisuMom2019. - 1.93%

Gutbusters
    1st - Shawtytel. - 5.73%
    2nd - Colleen790. - 3.47%
    3rd - frankwbrown. - 2.73%

Run Track Minds
    1st - @Emking517. - 3.44%
    2nd - @germaine_yee. - 2.12%
    3rd - @scminto. - 1.63%

Flab-U-Less
    1st - brgking. - 4.53%
    2nd - beshamama. - 4.13%
    3rd - Mrsbusyb92213. - 2.37%

Individual Top 3 Pounds Lost
    1st - brgking. - 19.8 lbs.
    2nd - Shawtytel. - 9.4 lbs.
    3rd - dvdadie. - 9.0 lbs.

Overall Pounds Lost by Team
    The Big Butt Theory - 22.1 lbs.
    The Slimsons - 20.8 lbs.
    Gutbusters - 27.4 lbs.
    Run Track Minds - 9.5 lbs.
    Flab-U-Less - 39.6 lbs.

Overall Total Lost: 119.4 lbs

May Spreadsheet Snapshot
    b8btntygvpf9.png
  • lacatgirl
    lacatgirl Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Hi All,
    I have been MIA for a few days. I dont know if I posted my last WI. I am assuming I am still in this team.

Username: lacatgirl
    Week : Friday
    PW = 166.1lb
    CW = 167.4 lb
    I have been really struggling with keeping motivated. Before I went on vacation I was doing two fast days a week...the only problem is i really really dislike them! I feel weak, tired and depressed all day. I think maybe this was causing me to lose my motivation. Also, I had an appointment with my cardiologist who had a fit when I said I was dieting - she recommended a book called 'how not to diet' which advocates a plant based eating lifestyle. I have been trying to incorporate more vegan meals into my daily food but every time I eat chicken (the only meat I eat) or dairy, I feel like I have failed. It is easy to say adopt a vegan diet but very hard to do!

I was plateaued on 1200 calories a day which is why I added fasting days. For the past week I have been trying to do the vegan thing and I stopped counting calories and gained a pound! I feel like my metabolism is a joke at this point in my life! Very very frustrating. Not sure where to go from here :neutral:
  • naomi9271
    naomi9271 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Weak and tired and cranky and nauseous and shaking hands, and raring to fight...Sounds like me when I haven’t eaten enough. Check out the symptoms of hypoglycemia....I’m the FNG, but...sleep on it, have a good breakfast and coffee first, then afterwards make any decisions. JMO.
  • Waifer003
    Options
    @lacatgirl, I can relate to the plateau. Have found myself in that spot a few times over the years. Have you tried intermittent fasting? It’s not for everyone, but I have found that it’s the one thing that gets me past a plateau. I don’t eat before 10 am or after 6 pm, but I do make sure to eat my recommended calories within that 8 hour window. I feel like it jumpstarts my metabolism.
  • dracocapricorn
    dracocapricorn Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    dracocapricorn
    Sunday
    Week 0
    PW = n.a.
    CW = 160

Hi all, starting losing incentive since March. So, I joined some sports courses. They definitely will boost me to exercise!

Let’s do it together!💪🏽

June goal: 155.6
  • Minion_training_program
    Minion_training_program Posts: 13,405 Member
    Options
    @AB0215 Like mentioned, not participating this month, i'll be back 5th of july
  • AB0215
    Options
    kkay2345 wrote: »
    @AB0215 - Actually, how do I handle not being able to weigh in today? Should I weigh in tomorrow or on Tuesday morning?

@kkay2345 You can weigh in a day late, that's okay. And if you're interested in stepping up as Captain, that'd be great. Captains enter the weight for the team, track the daily posts and cheer the team on. If you're still interested message me and I'll share more details.
  • AB0215
    Options
    Waifer003 wrote: »
    @lacatgirl, I can relate to the plateau. Have found myself in that spot a few times over the years. Have you tried intermittent fasting? It’s not for everyone, but I have found that it’s the one thing that gets me past a plateau. I don’t eat before 10 am or after 6 pm, but I do make sure to eat my recommended calories within that 8 hour window. I feel like it jumpstarts my metabolism.

@waifer003 @lacatgirl Agreed, intermittent fasting is great for breaking a plateau. I've done it in many forms over the years and I'm doing it now! There are simple ones that just restrict your feeding window to 8 hours (probably the easiest), all the way to every other day feedings, but any of them can help. I'd recommend looking into it. It helps me with control, hunger and of course weight loss!
  • AB0215
    Options
    @AB0215 Like mentioned, not participating this month, i'll be back 5th of july

@Minion_training_program I've removed you from the spreadsheet. Please let us know when you're ready to return.
  • Waifer003
    Options
    Waifer003
    Weigh in day - Monday
    PW - 184.2
    CW - 181.2
  • Krysless2
    Options
    Waifer003 wrote: »
    Waifer003