TEAM: The Slimsons (June)

Replies

• chublet25
    chublet25 Posts: 833 Member
    June Week 2 - Tues, 6/8

Track: No
    Calories: Over
    Exercise: None

I have such a fog at times, forgetting what I’m doing or saying, even if the thought I had was in my brain just seconds before. It frustrates me. I’m tired a lot. I need to find motivation to start exercising again.

Try living in an area where the average summer high in June is 85-90, with 50-100% humidity. That’s my reality, every day of the week, in Charlotte, NC. My hometown in Georgia is worse - it’s a valley but acts like a bowl, and keeps all the heat and moisture inside.
    chublet25 wrote: »
    chublet25
    Tuesday weigh-in
    PW: 189.0
    CW: 186.5

Was sure after all the water I drank yesterday that I'd have gained weight. Another scorcher today (though what we call a scorcher in Nova Scotia is not what you'd call a hot day in the southern USA!

I lived in Clemson, SC for 4 years in the late 80s. When I first arrived, in mid August, I couldn't even walk across campus without having to sit down and rest, panting, because of the heat and humidity! The (air conditioned) gym became my friend!
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Question: What is your favorite activity that gets you up and moving?
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Daily Post Tuesday

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes

Daily Post Wednesday

Calories: Yes
  • chublet25
    Daily Post
    Wednesday

Track: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: yes (walking, c25k, digging compost, moving feed)
  • chublet25
    AB0215 wrote: »
    Question: What is your favorite activity that gets you up and moving?

When my pinto mare gets out (she often does) she comes up and works the back door, sometimes succeeding in getting it open by turning the knob with her teeth. I have to leap out of bed and give her a carrot and put her back in the field (she pops over the fence to mow down the lawn) This really gets me up and moving! Gets the dogs up and moving too! That's probably not what you meant though.
  • walk4today
    walk4today Posts: 1,195 Member
    Daily Post
    Wednesday
    Calories: yes, under
    Exercise: walking
  • southgirl94
    southgirl94 Posts: 778 Member
    June Week 2 - Wed, 6/9
    CW: 187

Calories: Over - My day ended badly, so I had pizza and ice cream.
    Exercise: None
  • Chalmation
    Chalmation Posts: 2,625 Member
    Daily Post Wednesday
    Calories: Yes under
    Exercise: Yes 30 minutes indoor walking
  • Jen_967
    Jen_967 Posts: 1,919 Member
    chublet25 wrote: »
    Jen_967 wrote: »
    Daily Post
    Monday
    Calories: under
    Exercise: yes- walking for 1 hrs

I'm really not sure what I'm doing wrong. I'm still not moving the scale. I'm drinking lots of water, making better food choices, and doing my walking daily. Just frustrating!

Are you having one of those dreaded plateaus? I've read somewhere that they're inevitable, that our bodies are just shifting gears (or something like that). Hang in there! I hope it turns around soon for you and the weight starts coming off again. There are dozens of websites out there with conflicting information about what to do when this happens so that's not really very helpful! But I'd start doing something, anything, different (though that's probably because I'm impatient and will become totally stressed out over a plateau and 3 days with no change in my weight is a disaster in my little world). Best of luck!

Yes! Disaster is a good word for it. I'm not sure if it's a plateau or what. It's been going on for like 6 months. It's beyond frustrating. I walk every day. But think I will add Leslie Sansone walking videos again and add more strength training.
  • Jen_967
    Jen_967 Posts: 1,919 Member
    Jen_967
    Wednesday Weigh- In
    PW: 228
    CW: 227

Daily Post
    Tuesday
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: walking 30 minutes

Wednesday
    Calories: under
    Exercise: walking 50 minutes
  • tdrjustus3
    tdrjustus3 Posts: 542 Member
    Daily Post Wednesday

Calories: No, I went over by a 300
    My Fitbit gets me up and moving. The challenges and hourly reminders help get me up from my desk.

• Bemybestby60
    Bemybestby60 Posts: 1,676 Member
    Bemybestby60
    June Challenge Week 2
    Wednesday weigh in
    Previous weight 183
    Current weight 185
    Well this sucks.
  • Bemybestby60
    edited June 2021
    Daily Post Tuesday
    Track yes
    Calories yes and over
    Exercise no
  • Bemybestby60
    Daily Post Wednesday
    Track yes
    Calories yes and over
    Exercise yes minimal
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,642 Member
    nebslp
    Wednesday Weigh- In
    PW: 234
    CW: 234
    Ugh!
  • chublet25
    Daily Post
    Thursday

Exercise: yes (2h walk/hike in tickland)
  • tdrjustus3
    tdrjustus3 Posts: 542 Member
    Daily Post - Thursday
    Track Yes
    Calories Under
    Exercise Yes
  • walk4today
    walk4today Posts: 1,195 Member
    Daily Post
    Thursday
    Exercise: gardening
  • southgirl94
    June Week 2 - Thurs, 6/10

Happy 100th birthday to the late Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh.

Calories: About on point? I actually made a healthy lunch - rotini and sauce mixed some leftover pulled chicken I found at work. It was actually good. I made something and didn’t buy it pre-made!
    Exercise: An hour of laundry and packing

My mood has been up and down the last couple weeks. It’s down this week. I just feel frustrated at my job, that my work and effort aren’t recognised. I’m not asking for a “good job” everyday. But hearing a new coworker praised at a staff meeting for getting his MLS while I get an obligatory “eh, good for you” for pursuing the same degree (maintaining a 4.0 GPA, mind you) irked me. Yeah, I don’t graduate till next year, but I’ve been going to school part-time and working (part-time only now because of my pandemic job loss) isn’t easy. It’s a lot of money, time, blood, and tears. Oh, and so many late nights.
  • southgirl94
    By the way, an MLS is a Master of Library Science degree. I apologise I did not clarify that earlier.
This discussion has been closed.