Options

Replies

• Waifer003
    Waifer003 Posts: 280 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Krysless2 wrote: »
    Weekly Roundtable Discussion
    What do you currently have your calorie goals set to? Do you vary it from day to day? And do you have any other macro/micronutrients that you currently strive to eat less or more of?

Happy Friday!🥂

My calorie goal stays set at 1,300. But I sometimes eat the extra exercise calories I earn, and sometimes I don’t. Depends on the day. I do intermittent fasting and only eat my calories between 10 am and 6 pm. I find this really helps me to not consume extra calories at nighttime (snacking in front of the TV is my weakness).
  • NRTyreman
    NRTyreman Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I couldn't even read it all, even if I was a housewife I couldn't keep up with that schedule :lol:. As it is, I don't think I have ever gone shopping and actually got what I went for, even with a list... Enjoy an evening of relaxation/pass out.

@Krysless2 I have been really struggling with the my calories at the moment, originally when I started at the end of March I was consuming 800-1000 max calories but only averaging 7k steps, in the first month I lost 10kg (23lb) but I also had to ensure I was eating plenty of protein and supplements. It was hard but I managed okay, then May hit and my clutch broke and I began averaging 10k steps I also caught 2 fevers that month but again managed to keep under 1000 calories everyday bar 1 (birthday/anniversary cocktails).

I hit 15kg (35lb) total loss by the 31st May, this month has been a HUGE struggle and I have already started allowing myself up to 1200 and unfortunately had untracked days. I think this is because this deficit isn't totally sustainable anymore. I am averaging 12k steps min and I really want to start exercising due to my concerns over my vanishing butt so although I was going to wait until the end of this month to increase my calories I think I might have to do it prematurely to avoid binging/falling off the wagon all together. Truth be told, I have recently been diagnosed with ADHD and it totally correlates with my relationship with food, very much all or nothing so I am really trying recognise these behaviours and reduce my binging/dopamine haze. In all this time I still haven't trusted myself with chocolate.

Yesterday was a great example, I had everything planned out and even banked on me wanting a cheeky grenade bar as a snack and then my husband suggested dominoes and me having zero will power agreed. Although I could of kept it in allocated deficit I ended up eating that whole pizza :neutral:. At least I knew it was still a deficit for the day (1800 cals all day). I am still in my titration period for the ADHD meds so things might be improved but I think this weekend I might have to really work through the numbers to find something sustainable.

Sorry for all the rambling but if anyone has any insightful and helpful tips I am all ears!

Week 2 Day 5
    Thursday 10th June

Tracked - Yes
    Under cals - No (still in deficit)
    Exercise - Yes
    Steps - 13,344
  • naomi9271
    naomi9271 Posts: 127 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    @Krysless2 Sorry in advance for the incoming wall of text….

My goal is set to 1550. I have changed my calorie goals 3 times. Started out with 1330 as the recommendation for losing 1lb/week, but was losing +2lb. I used the US Navy body fat calculator (men and women) that uses your height and weight but also waist, hips, forearm and thighs measurements to calculate body fat percentage and then plugged that into an online TDEE calculator to get a better idea of how many calories I should be eating, then subtracted 500. (500x7=3500).

Then, since I have a mental block that will never let me eat all my calories, I added 100 to that number so I’d actually eat around the number I needed (set to 1650). A couple of weeks later I looked at my average daily consumed calories over time, which is really around 1450, and felt safe lowering the goal to 1550.
    I eat over that to include my exercise calories if I’m hungry, not if I’m not. Part of the exercise got factored in to the TDEE calculator as “activity level”, so I think that’s fine…my steps aren’t calculated by MFP as I don’t carry my iPhone around with me generally so that gives me a bit of buffer.

Yes, I have really been trying to increase my protein and reduce my fat. I was not eating enough protein in my “regular diet” and making up for that with fat (we’re talking up to 50% of calories from fat and under 10 for protein….ugggh) I’ve improved that ratio, but still fighting against habit, and that’s a habit that needs to change :blush:

Week 2 Day 5
    Thursday 10th June

Tracked - Yes
    Under cals - Probably not (restaurant meal with drinks and I had to guesstimate…but if I’m off even a tiny bit, I’m over)
    Exercise - Yes

Free pass day as anticipated, LOL. Despite all I wrote above, I am not incapable of breaking my own rules when out with friends I haven’t seen since pre-COVID. Water weight gain today due to high salt dinner last night was evidence of that…3 lbs. 😮 Holy angry body, Batman!!!!
  • naomi9271
    Options
    @NRTyreman JMHO, but if your goal isn’t sustainable, then increase it without any guilt. Seems to me that calorie goals are a bit of trial and error, and shouldn’t be set in stone.
  • alpdexplorer
    alpdexplorer Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Weekly Roundtable Discussion
    What do you currently have your calorie goals set to? Do you very it from day to day? And do you have any other macro/micronutrients that you currently strive to eat less or more of?

Happy Friday!🥂

My calorie goal is 1800.
    The TDEE calculator sites have me in the 2000's. So I wonder if I need to up it. I haven't quite figured it all out yet.
  • alpdexplorer
    Options
    DAILY POST [W2-D5]
    Thursday, June 10th.

● Tracked: Yes.
    ● Calories: Under.
    ● Exercise: Housework, 20 minutes.

It's been SO hot. The midwest shouldn't be in the 90's. This is too much for me, lol. I went and let my dog out and I was drenched in sweat within like 5 minutes. :|:D
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,945 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Who’d I miss??

\/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/

oc4p2ho8lk4y.jpeg
  • Krysless2
    Options
    I believe this Fitbit challenge follows your personal time zone..FYI
  • alpdexplorer
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Who’d I miss??

I joined :)
  • Krysless2
    Options
    Thurs, June 10th
    Week 2 - Day 5
    Track - Yes
    Under Cals - Yes 1618
    Exercise - Yes
    👟Challenges💧
    11009 Steps
    72oz

Reading some of your matter-of-fact posts about how you eat Under Cals and I realized that I eat when I’m not hungry..on a daily basis. At the end of day, when I’m making sure I’ve got everything logged and realize I’m under goal, I’ll go to the kitchen and make my habitual after-dinner, keto-type snack/dessert. But I’ve been at a plateau for a few weeks now and your posts made me think, Holy Crap! Like I’m totally not hungry when I zone out to conduct this ritual!! Wow! I need a moment
  • NRTyreman
    Options
    Thurs, June 10th
    Week 2 - Day 5
    Track - Yes
    Under Cals - Yes 1618
    Exercise - Yes
    👟Challenges💧
    11009 Steps
    72oz

Reading some of your matter-of-fact posts about how you eat Under Cals and I realized that I eat when I’m not hungry..on a daily basis. At the end of day, when I’m making sure I’ve got everything logged and realize I’m under goal, I’ll go to the kitchen and make my habitual after-dinner, keto-type snack/dessert. But I’ve been at a plateau for a few weeks now and your posts made me think, Holy Crap! Like I’m totally not hungry when I zone out to conduct this ritual!! Wow! I need a moment

Oh that's really interesting! I've been as low as 400 on a day before and just banked it as a not hungry day and planned to use extra the next day.

It's interesting to here other people use of my fitness pal though! I've also had a chat with my friend about it and it might be that my medication is also increasing my metabolism as both my BP and Bpm have increased to normal levels now.

Going to up my limit to 1400 ish and fingers crossed all goes well!
  • germaine_yee
    germaine_yee Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Username: germaine_yee
    Week: Friday (Week 2 of June)
    PW = 142.20 lb
    CW = 144.62 lb
  • Krysless2
    Options
    Fri, June 11th
    Week 2 - Day 6
    Track - Yes
    Under Cals - Yes 1576
    Exercise - Yes
    👟Challenges💧
    7412 Steps
    72oz
  • alpdexplorer
    edited June 2021
    Options
    DAILY POST [W2-D6]
    Friday, June 11th.

● Exercise: Walked with dog. 43 minutes, 1.52 miles.
    ● Steps: 6572 / 6000.

Went out to eat with a friend and chose a healthy option. I was able to stay under my goal. Of course, I looked at the menu online and logged it in before I even got there. That definitely helped me out a lot.
  • naomi9271
    Options
    Week 2 day 6
    June 11, Friday

● Exercise: Yes

Rained all day so no biking. Needed a (backside) rest day anyway, but yesterday was my free pass so I did an online beginner calisthenics class…really half of it cause that is much harder than it looks, and online beginner Pilates (RIP, my glutes) to make up my half hour.

I have now got a new level of respect for people who do either of those!!!
  • NRTyreman
    Options
    Week 2 Day 6
    Friday 11th June

Tracked - Yes
    Under cals - Yes
    Exercise - Yes
    Steps - 13,363

I think the fitbit challenge is definitely going to help motivation this weekend!

@naomi9271 I used to do so much plates, it's an absolute killer on your core!

• naomi9271
    Options
    @NRTyreman I really like how it works on your balance and mindfulness also. I think I’ll add the Pilates more often. I started biking 20 years ago to help with lower back issues (core strengthening as you said) so it would be a good add.
  • alpdexplorer
    edited June 2021
    Options
    DAILY POST [W2-D7]
    Saturday, June 12th.

● Exercise: Walked with dog. 43 minutes, 1.54 miles.
    ● Steps: 9431 / 6000.

I'm in a couple Fitbit challenges so that has definitely upped my step game. It also helped I worked at the gas station today. My full time job is a desk job so I don't get as many steps in.
  • NRTyreman
    Options
    Username: NRTyreman
    Weigh Day: Sunday 13th June
    PW = 184 lb
    CW = 181.8lb

Week 2 Day 7
    Saturday 12th June
    Tracked - Yes
    Under cals - Yes
    Exercise - Yes
    Steps - 17,116

Not entirely where I was hoping to be but a loss is still a loss!
  • naomi9271
    Options
    @NRTyreman, that’s a really big loss, LOL. You lost almost half of what was in that picture @Krysless2 posted a while back.
This discussion has been closed.