• naomi9271
    naomi9271 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Week 2 Day 7
    Saturday 12th June
    Tracked - Yes
    Under cals - Yes
    Exercise - Yes

Back on the bike. Really glad to be back on my hybrid cause after the huge rains on Friday there were leaves and limbs everywhere…and a tree down across the path. And, believe it or not, I saw crayfish crossing the bike trail. Crayfish!!!!
  • NRTyreman
    NRTyreman Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    naomi9271 wrote: »
    @NRTyreman, that’s a really big loss, LOL. You lost almost half of what was in that picture @Krysless2 posted a while back.

I think I'm too use to seeing a 2kg or more :lol: I need to probably keep the losses to 2lb max anyway.
  • Waifer003
    Waifer003 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Week 2 Day 7
    Saturday 12th June
    Tracked - Yes
    Under cals - Yes
    Exercise - Yes

Back on the bike. Really glad to be back on my hybrid cause after the huge rains on Friday there were leaves and limbs everywhere…and a tree down across the path. And, believe it or not, I saw crayfish crossing the bike trail. Crayfish!!!!

Wow! That’s crazy!
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,919 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    You all are inspiring me today! My neighbor unexpectedly invited us to join a huge family-friendly poker game last night. Once we got there it took a couple of seltzers to get comfortable with meeting a ton of new people(<<insert start of bad food choices here) Anyway, I loooove poker and have missed playing since the pandemic hit so I was in my Disneyland -happy place!!😃 But as I got up this morning and read over your posts, reality struck me and I’m just not perfectly structured like I thought I was.

In my house, my daughter and step son can pretty much eat whatever they want, so there is always a variety of junk food readily available. It’s been like this for a while now in my household(I’m ready for my step son to move out now for this reason.. and a few other reasons) and I have been so laser focused on my keto lifestyle that I have had no problem with turning down these temptations. My body and mind benefit greatly by eating this way and I never really feel like I’m missing out. Every day I get up and brush my teeth, drink 48 ounces of water, get on my treadmill, pick up the house and get something out for dinner(some sort of meat for my husband to grill up while I’m still working and I’ll prep the vegetables, then get on my computer and start my work day, I’ll make my first meal at 2pm, eat dinner at 830, late snack around 10, go to bed. Repeat. I’m able to stick to it so easily because nothing ever disturbs this routine of mine.

I’m thinking last night I wouldn’t have made such bad food choices if I hadn’t had any alcohol because I felt the need to absorb it all with carbs. Anyway, I gained 4 lbs overnight and woke up feeling pretty rough. I’m really glad you all are so engaging in the chat and thank you for motivating me to get right back to it today!!

[End Rant🙂]

Today is the start of Week3! I have 4 days to get the extra pounds off before leaving for my girls trip on Thursday!!
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    tzuvsms4x697.jpg
    **June Week 2**
    g3jetnqqnzsg.gif

This Week's Winners (on plan 6-7 times):

@alpdexplorer.
    @Naomi9271.

This Week's Runners Up (on plan 5 times):

@NRTyreman.
    mdls2vxf2leb.gif

Click to view>> Week 2 Results have also been posted!!

Congrats to our top 3:
    1st - @kkay2345. - 1.71%
    2nd - @NRTyreman. - 1.60%
    3rd - @gwenmatos3. - 1.36%
    2uweco3mgzor.gif
  • dracocapricorn
    dracocapricorn Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    dracocapricorn
    Sunday
    Week 2
    PW = 163.1
    CW = 162
  • NRTyreman
    Options
    Week 3 Day 1
    Sunday 13th June

Tracked - Yes
    Under cals - Yes
    Exercise - Yes
    Steps - 14,827

I started the day with a vegan protein shake, blended with berries and spinach and a walk around town. Hopefully a good start to the day will stop me snacking tonight!

@krysless2 my husband did Keto for almost half a year, he also managed to fit it in his life really well (bar the price :anguished:) but he also had days where he allowed himself to have a couple of drinks and get out of ketosis and I think it actually let him stick to it longer. Keto is much much harder than most diets and I think you need to have those planned breaks so you don't split off totally. I could never do Keto, I simply do not have the stomach for eggs somedays :lol: but kudos for the work you have done I've seen first hand how hard it is!
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,919 Member
    Options
    For me it’s the easiest diet I’ve ever been on so I’m not sure I deserve the praise but thank you! I don’t do the ketosis thing so much anymore either. I just eat within the recommended macro goals and have learned to make things outside of eggs and bacon, like cheddar bay biscuits, faux oatmeal. I know a lot of people, including myself, get burnt out on eggs in the beginning. I’ve been doing this off and on for a looong time and I hardly fall of the wagon anymore. If I do it’s for a day or two.
  • naomi9271
    Options
    Week 3 Day 1
    Sunday 13th June

Tracked - Yes
    Under cals - Yes
    Exercise - Yes

Some shorts I almost threw out due to ill-fittingness are now too baggy. Missed their sweet spot, LOL.

Hey @NRTyreman, since you have a bike on its way, I thought you might find this helpful:
    https://youtu.be/vMmbXAWcgh4

It’s a bike fitting video, and there’s a whole series of them. They’re really good.
  • alpdexplorer
    alpdexplorer Posts: 251 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    DAILY POST [W3-D1]
    Sunday, June 13th.

Tracked: Yes.
    Calories: Under.
    Exercise: I went on a 20 minute walk with the doggo, 0.73 miles.
    Arm flab exercises with 3lb dumbbells, and 30 squats on the DB Method machine.
    Steps: 3693 / 6000

I wanted to go on a longer walk, but it was late before I was able to get outside. I couldn't go outside when the sun was out because the UV was at around 9 (I'm super pale so me and the sun don't mesh). I went out for like 6 minutes to let the doggo out and I was red when I came back inside. Luckily, I didn't get sunburnt and got inside in time. Lol.
  • alpdexplorer
    edited June 2021
    Options
    alpdexplorer
    June— Week 3
    Weigh In— Monday
    PW 351.6
    CW 349.4
  • alpdexplorer
    Options
    Rough start to the morning! I forgot my Fitbit on the charger (I woke up late so it slipped my mind). I'm in a few Fitbit step challenges so I will be a wee bit behind. Darn it.
  • NRTyreman
    Options
    Week 3 Day 1
    Sunday 13th June

Tracked - Yes
    Under cals - Yes
    Exercise - Yes

Some shorts I almost threw out due to ill-fittingness are now too baggy. Missed their sweet spot, LOL.

Hey @NRTyreman, since you have a bike on its way, I thought you might find this helpful:
    https://youtu.be/vMmbXAWcgh4

It’s a bike fitting video, and there’s a whole series of them. They’re really good.

Funny not funny story on the bike front, it actually came last week, started unwrapping it and it looks like its already been in an accident. I didn't even finish unwrapping it, it was in such a state! (meant to be a brand new bike) I also read the instruction and have come to the conclusion I do not have nor do I want the skills to build a bike. all the bike shops around me seem to have none of the type I need in stock, apparently furlough stopped production of these things and no date on when they will get them back. So, I guess no bike for me for a while, unless I pick up one second hand but they disappear so quick!
  • Waifer003
    Waifer003 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Waifer003
    Weigh-in Day - Monday
    PW - 180.6
    CW - 178.2
  • naomi9271
    Options
    @NRTyreman, often the bike shops will do the assembly for a fee. Honestly though, it’s often better to buy it in a local store if you can anyway, cause they’ll often throw in a tuneup or two, and boom you just saved the difference in cost and you also have a place that will stock any replacement parts you might need. I’m sorry to hear about the delay you’ll face, but maybe your bike arriving damaged will turn out to be a stroke of luck in the long run.
  • skullsandskeletons
    skullsandskeletons Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Username: skullsandskeletons
    Week: June week 3
    Weigh in day: Monday
    PW: 185
    CW: 186

Last week I got back on track with mindful eating and staying in my calorie range.... until Saturday. Then I literally stuffed my face nonstop Saturday and Sunday. Back on track today!
  • NRTyreman
    Options
    @NRTyreman, often the bike shops will do the assembly for a fee. Honestly though, it’s often better to buy it in a local store if you can anyway, cause they’ll often throw in a tuneup or two, and boom you just saved the difference in cost and you also have a place that will stock any replacement parts you might need. I’m sorry to hear about the delay you’ll face, but maybe your bike arriving damaged will turn out to be a stroke of luck in the long run.

It actually is because it didn't have gears and me being a total moron didn't realise you could get bikes without gears :lol:
  • NRTyreman
    Options
    Week 3 Day 2
    Monday 14th June

Tracked - Yes
    Under cals - Yes
    Exercise - Yes
    Steps - 14,488
This discussion has been closed.