Trimstones-July Chat 2021

Options

Replies

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,087 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. Sorry I have been MIA. I have been dealing with some medical things and I need to take a step back for the rest of this month to handle what;s going on right now. I will be back but just my focus is not here right now. Thank you all for your understanding and keep rocking it out.

@CharmingPassion Hope things get better soon...I've emailed the MODS and asked them to move you to the support section for now. Let me know when you're ready to rejoin us...will be thinking of you and praying everything is ok...please take care of yourself!
    Jessica
  • JoDavo66
    JoDavo66 Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    @Jessicakrall8 that 1st comment had me laughing! I don't eat meat so a sandwich would be tuna or "Quorn" deli or egg salad.

Also pleased you posted the steps reminder. I planned on checking tomorrow as I have been rediculously busy at work.
    Last night worked 09:00-22:30 at school (Prom supervision & clearing up marque). Today 08:20z 16:30 then started admin at hone at 17:30 & just finished 22:20: did stop for dinner & drive out to drop eldest at cadets. Just haven't had time to do it at work over last 2 days. Easier to blitz in 1 go!
    Will update next
  • JoDavo66
    Options
    STEPS goal 8000
    29th- 6770
    30th-7990 (what was I thinking!)
    1st- 6063
    2nd- 7367
    3rd 4007
    4th 2865
    5th 12, 808
    6th 9413
  • JoDavo66
    Options
    Hey everyone. Sorry I have been MIA. I have been dealing with some medical things and I need to take a step back for the rest of this month to handle what;s going on right now. I will be back but just my focus is not here right now. Thank you all for your understanding and keep rocking it out.

Take care x
  • JoDavo66
    edited July 2021
    Options
    I've struggled for last few days, been under the weather & then stowed out with work. So here's a challenge!
    Motivate the Motivator!
    Share your best tip- might help a few others too!
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    @CharmingPassion,hope all works out well & hope you get back with us soon ! Take care of yourself 🥰
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Steps
    7/4 6,447
    7/5 4,956
    7/6 3,320
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    JoDavo66 wrote: »
    I've struggled for last few days, been under the weather & then stowed out with work. So here's a challenge!
    Motivate the Motivator!
    Share your best tip- might help a few others too!

ghpfbq42uuro.png
  • Waifer003
    Waifer003 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Waifer003
    June 6
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    428jtk3jd64l.png

CONGRATS to this week's top 3 in TrimStones!!! WTG!!!
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    Waifer003 wrote: »
    Feeling proud of myself. Just received an awful message from my brother. He has declared that he no longer wishes to assist in my mom’s care in any way (my mom has dementia and is in a long-term care home). The message was mean and spiteful, and made me cry. To be honest, any assistance he has provided in the past has been limited and has come with many strings attached, so this isn’t surprising. Also it is not surprising that I just broke down and had one hell of a food binge. What IS surprising, however, is that I stayed true to myself and wrote down EVERY SINGLE CALORIE. It wasn’t quite as bad as I thought. And now I can move forward from it.

So sorry you're dealing with this spitefulness, in addition to the pain of your mom's condition, which I KNOW is NOT easy. As I think I told you, I had my mother living with me for the last 16 years of her life with dementia, with the exception of the last four months, when she needed round-the-clock care and I had to place her in a facility as well. My health was being affected and I couldn't handle her care along with working full time and teaching. I had the same issue...it's only my older brother and I and his help was very limited as well. I know the pain of that. Just know that the care you're giving her will stay with you emotionally, when she's gone and you'll be glad you did what you're doing. Now it isn't easy, it's emotionally heart-wrenching and draining...but take time to spend what time with her that you can, as those memories will be all you have one day.

I'm here if you ever want to talk...it's such a painful and cruel disease because it robs everyone of their dignity and their memories...

Take care of yourself...take time to just breathe...
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    @DreaRN15 and @Jen_967 PLEASE take a look at the step chart for the last week of June. Please send in your steps (19th to last day for Drea; 20th to last day for Jen). I would like to announce the winners tomorrow, so please report in ASAP. Thanks!
    Jessica
  • Chalmation
    Chalmation Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    @DreaRN15 and @Jen_967 PLEASE take a look at the step chart for the last week of June. Please send in your steps (19th to last day for Drea; 20th to last day for Jen). I would like to announce the winners tomorrow, so please report in ASAP. Thanks!
    Jessica

Jen_967 posted in another challenge on June 21 that she hurt her foot and has to stay off of it for 4-6 weeks. She posted in the June thread here that she pulled a tendon but not that she had to be immobile.
  • laceyf53
    laceyf53 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Feeling proud of myself. Just received an awful message from my brother. He has declared that he no longer wishes to assist in my mom’s care in any way (my mom has dementia and is in a long-term care home). The message was mean and spiteful, and made me cry. To be honest, any assistance he has provided in the past has been limited and has come with many strings attached, so this isn’t surprising. Also it is not surprising that I just broke down and had one hell of a food binge. What IS surprising, however, is that I stayed true to myself and wrote down EVERY SINGLE CALORIE. It wasn’t quite as bad as I thought. And now I can move forward from it.

So sorry to hear that your brother is being an 🤬.

I have family members like this as well, narcissist or personality disordered. Not much you can do besides cut them out unfortunately. Glad you were able to keep eating under control and not let his nastiness have any lasting effects on your goals!
  • laceyf53
    laceyf53 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    7dsok67zv8ae.jpg
    Don't forget the NSVs are also important.
    I can get down & up from the floor much more easily now

I keep a journal and the biggest difference for me is in chronic pain. The bottoms of my feet used to burn whenever I walked around barefoot. I would avoid house work and standing without shoes on because my feet would ache. Now I'm up and about with no pain in my feet. Right hip was another area, I couldn't extend my right leg all the way forward when walking and it took months to heal. Now it's totally healed. I also struggled with some left lower back pain that has resolved itself. I'm doing a lot more now every day and accomplishing more on my to-do list because I feel better. Non-scale victories aren't always easy to remember, but they sure make a difference!
  • Waifer003
    Options

So sorry you're dealing with this spitefulness, in addition to the pain of your mom's condition, which I KNOW is NOT easy. As I think I told you, I had my mother living with me for the last 16 years of her life with dementia, with the exception of the last four months, when she needed round-the-clock care and I had to place her in a facility as well. My health was being affected and I couldn't handle her care along with working full time and teaching. I had the same issue...it's only my older brother and I and his help was very limited as well. I know the pain of that. Just know that the care you're giving her will stay with you emotionally, when she's gone and you'll be glad you did what you're doing. Now it isn't easy, it's emotionally heart-wrenching and draining...but take time to spend what time with her that you can, as those memories will be all you have one day.

I'm here if you ever want to talk...it's such a painful and cruel disease because it robs everyone of their dignity and their memories...

Take care of yourself...take time to just breathe...
    Jessica

Thanks Jessica. Just knowing I have people who will listen and empathize means so much.
  • Waifer003
    Options
    laceyf53 wrote: »

So sorry to hear that your brother is being an 🤬.

I have family members like this as well, narcissist or personality disordered. Not much you can do besides cut them out unfortunately. Glad you were able to keep eating under control and not let his nastiness have any lasting effects on your goals!

Thanks Lacey. I am almost certain that there is a personality disorder of some kind in play. Means a lot to know others are going through the same issues.
  • Waifer003
    Options
    laceyf53 wrote: »
    7dsok67zv8ae.jpg
    Don't forget the NSVs are also important.
    I can get down & up from the floor much more easily now

I keep a journal and the biggest difference for me is in chronic pain. The bottoms of my feet used to burn whenever I walked around barefoot. I would avoid house work and standing without shoes on because my feet would ache. Now I'm up and about with no pain in my feet. Right hip was another area, I couldn't extend my right leg all the way forward when walking and it took months to heal. Now it's totally healed. I also struggled with some left lower back pain that has resolved itself. I'm doing a lot more now every day and accomplishing more on my to-do list because I feel better. Non-scale victories aren't always easy to remember, but they sure make a difference!

For me my biggest NSVs are that my snoring has stopped and my awful heartburn has gone away 🙂

This discussion has been closed.