TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (July)

Options

Replies

• gamommy2
    gamommy2 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome new teammates.
    Thanks for sharing your story @IncredibleShrinkingGirl I too love the outdoors, I find it my recharge, and hope it gets easier to make time for yourself when your kids are back in school.

I have been doing as much as possible. Still working on packing, moving, decluttering and trying to get ahead in work so I can be ready for the move in 5 weeks. My knee was feeling better since I injured it trail running 5 weeks ago. Tried jogging a short time and the pain was back. Maybe it's good that it's causing me to slow down and reprioritize.

7/7
    Username Gamommy2
    Tracked no
    Under no
    Exercise no
    Steps 4200
    Water 8 cups

My weigh in Wednesday
    I hate what I ate, and now I don't feel great!
    I will get back on track.

• Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,970 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    ugh.. why do I eat when I’m not hungry?? Why eat a cold half eaten unappetizing totinos pizza? I’ve worked so hard, trying to break old habits for 5 years now and still I am triggered... even when I’m in a good headspace, ie. good sleep, no alcohol, happy in general, My daughter left her unfinished food on the table and there I go shoving it into my mouth while I clean up the kitchen. My parents old childhood mantras rear their ugly heads
    “Don’t waste food.”
    “Finish your plate if you want to get down from the table”
    Will I never fix this? Can’t I be stronger then the urge? I am certain I wasn’t hungry, I only wanted the satisfaction of finishing it. Can’t I just get a grip!?

Wed, July 7th
    Week 1 - Day 4
    MUAC: Yes/No/Yes
    Calories In / NetCalories: 1824 / 1747
    5563 Steps
    96oz
    Sunday - Saturday
    ❤️❌❌❌🔘🔘🔘(MUAC❤️YesDays)

Tues, July 6th
    Week 1 - Day 3
    Calories In / NetCalories: 2555 / 2259
    11650 Steps
    72oz
    Sunday - Saturday
    ❤️❌❌🔘🔘🔘🔘(MUAC❤️YesDays)

Mon, July 5th
    Week 1 - Day 2
    Calories In / NetCalories: 1740 / 1653
    8403 Steps
    96oz
    Sunday - Saturday
    ❤️❌🔘🔘🔘🔘🔘(MUAC❤️YesDays)  
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,665 Member
    Options
    Wednesday 7 July

Track: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes

Steps: 16,995
    Water: 100
  • annabananamc
    annabananamc Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    yesterday was not stellar...I ate pita chips for lunch! (and nothing else, basically I finished the bag) then we went to get hubby a new bike and had to go to two stores, resulting in take-out gyros for dinner. NO exercise and NOT UNDER on cals...today is a brand new day!

Wednesday, July 7
    steps: 2445
    water: 80+
    tracked: yes
    under: nope
    exercise: nope

I tend to hit this mid-week slump mostly from poor planning on the exercise front, and a little bit because of food choices. That's something to work on.

Tomorrow I am getting a FACIAL and a MASSAGE from a gift certificate my family gave me about 5 years ago that hasn't expired. I am SO READY...then an awesome weekend is on the plan!

Welcome to all the new folks. And @DaffyGirl88 - I say swap out those kayaks for the bike and enjoy that beautiful ride. It sounds perfect! Being in the bike shop (I used to work in one) made me realize how much I miss biking too. And I am 1 block from a 45 mile rails to trails trail and own three different bikes. Let's do this!
  • CycleMomOf3
    CycleMomOf3 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Krysless2 wrote: »
    ugh.. why do I eat when I’m not hungry?? Why eat a cold half eaten unappetizing totinos pizza? I’ve worked so hard, trying to break old habits for 5 years now and still I am triggered... even when I’m in a good headspace, ie. good sleep, no alcohol, happy in general, My daughter left her unfinished food on the table and there I go shoving it into my mouth while I clean up the kitchen. My parents old childhood mantras rear their ugly heads
    “Don’t waste food.”
    “Finish your plate if you want to get down from the table”
    Will I never fix this? Can’t I be stronger then the urge? I am certain I wasn’t hungry, I only wanted the satisfaction of finishing it. Can’t I just get a grip!?

Wed, July 7th
    Week 1 - Day 4
    Calories In / NetCalories: 1824 / 1747
    5563 Steps
    96oz
    Sunday - Saturday
    ❤️❌❌❌🔘🔘🔘(MUAC❤️YesDays)

Tues, July 6th
    Week 1 - Day 3
    Calories In / NetCalories: 2555 / 2259
    11650 Steps
    72oz
    Sunday - Saturday
    ❤️❌❌🔘🔘🔘🔘(MUAC❤️YesDays)

Mon, July 5th
    Week 1 - Day 2
    Calories In / NetCalories: 1740 / 1653
    8403 Steps
    96oz
    Sunday - Saturday
    ❤️❌🔘🔘🔘🔘🔘(MUAC❤️YesDays)  

I SO feel this sentiment. Those BLTs (bites/licks/tastes) are so tempting, especially when preparing meals and cleaning up after meals. Even this morning, they all left a few tiny nibbles of toast and scrambled eggs on their plates. As I was cleaning up, I instinctively went into that, "Well, don't mind if I do..." mentality. And yes, while a few nibbles here and a few nibbles there don't make a difference in the grand scheme of things, it's the mental instinct that drives that behavior that drives me insane. Why did I feel that desire to see an empty plate when I teach and teach about how important it is to pay attention to our bodies so that when they send us the "I'm full" signals, we recognize them and put down the fork.

All this to say...I feel ya. Sometimes our instincts and learned behaviors trump logic, but we'll get there. We'll get there. :heart:
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,998 Member
    Options
    @IncredibleShrinkingGirl Welcome, and thanks for sharing your story! And just like another newbie, @MargaretYakoda , you come in here ready to kick some butt!!

@rawrxamberx and @prehistoricmoongoddess Pretty much a maintain on the scales this week, so no harm, no foul. But next weigh-in though, I hope you both kill it!!

@cmhubbard92 Your restaurant outing sounds lovely, and I am not even a Harry Potter fan! It was an experience, not just a meal, and that is intriguing! Glad you got to go....and you stayed under!

@murdog3t A good day. No, you didn't get all of your "thumbs up", but you got three "yes's"!

@annabananamc and @Krysless2 Glad you both survived Hurricane Elsa with little or no damage!

• HASWLRS
    Options
    gamommy2 wrote: »

My weigh in Wednesday
    I hate what I ate, and now I don't feel great!
    I will get back on track.

@gamommy2 Yes, you will, get back on track! Sorry the knee is still bothering you.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    @annabananamc The siren call of the pita chips was too strong this time, but maybe next time you will be stronger! Today is a new day, like you said.

@Krysless2 We all do that, eat food that we don't really want or enjoy, and it makes no sense. Traci said it well... "I feel ya. Sometimes our instincts and learned behaviors trump logic, but we'll get there. We'll get there". The fact that you posted about it here, in my opinion, lessens its hold on you and makes the instinct to do it again (temporarily) weaker.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Wednesday, July 7th

logged: yes
    under: yes! (Even though the choices were not great (understatement) due to my fatigue!)
    exercise: no

water: yes, 12 cups
    steps: 7,114

I feel not too badly today. The arm is sore, yes, but I have been taking the OTC pain killers. I did not sleep well, again(!), but I don't believe it had anything to do with the shot. It is raining outside, but I do not have plans to go anywhere today. My only "to-do" thing on my list is to get caught up on dishes! Our 20 year old dishwasher started leaking water in February, so right around March 1st I ordered a new one and I still don't have it. The ETA back then was the middle of April; now it is the end of this month! And I hate doing dishes by hand!!
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,970 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    Wednesday, July 7th

logged: yes
    under: yes! (Even though the choices were not great (understatement) due to my fatigue!)
    exercise: no

water: yes, 12 cups
    steps: 7,114

I feel not too badly today. The arm is sore, yes, but I have been taking the OTC pain killers. I did not sleep well, again(!), but I don't believe it had anything to do with the shot. It is raining outside, but I do not have plans to go anywhere today. My only "to-do" thing on my list is to get caught up on dishes! Our 20 year old dishwasher started leaking water in February, so right around March 1st I ordered a new one and I still don't have it. The ETA back then was the middle of April; now it is the end of this month! And I hate doing dishes by hand!!

When you are present here! You really are in tune with all of us! I love that about you! 💗

I personally have learned to love doing dishes by hand! Once I let go of those negative complaining thoughts. Like “why am I the only one who does this? Why does no one care to hand wash those Do-not-put-in-dishwasher-type-specialty items or oversized bowls and serving dishes? I just let it go and utilize the time as extra “activity points” and a way to meditate..oddly enough! A way of focusing on a mundane activity can briefly free you from your worries so why not? That may be weird to some.. but still! Any activity that is tedious or that doesn’t require too much brain power, that’s how I try to get those things done.
  • gamommy2
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Saw this and had to post. I might have to consider it if I'm not careful🤣
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,665 Member
    Options
    gamommy2 wrote: »
    Saw this and had to post. I might have to consider it if I'm not careful🤣

:o:o:o
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Date: 07/07
    Username: Murdog3t
    logged food: yes
    under calories: yes
    exercise: yes
    Steps : 6265
    Water: 96

Just for today : 07/08, keto day 5, 6000steps🚶‍♀️, 20hr IF , read bible plan , read chapters 📚1&2 , Daily calm/ meditation, walk 30 min, sleep 8 hrs, BBD10

Yesterday : 07/07, keto day 4👍🏻, 6000steps🚶‍♀️👍🏻, 36hr IF👎🏻 , read bible plan👍🏻 , read chapters 📚1&2👎🏻 , Daily calm/ meditation👍🏻, walk 30 min 👎🏻,sleep 8 hrs👍🏻, finish up my garden 👍🏻, rest day no exercise 👍🏻
  • CycleMomOf3
    CycleMomOf3 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to let my teammates know that I just changed my username from IncredibleShrinkingGirl to CycleMomOf3. I've been uncomfortable with that first name for so long, and I decided that it was time to change it to something more representative of me. The first username was one I blogged under when I first lost the 200+ pounds 10 years ago (pre-kids), and now that I'm losing again and facing different challenges as a mom, I thought it was time. <3

@cmhubbard92 and @annabananamc can you please let the powers that be know so that they can adjust the database, if necessary? Sorry for creating extra work for y'all! :/
  • annabananamc
    annabananamc Posts: 415 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    "Krysless2 wrote: »

I personally have learned to love doing dishes by hand!

I feel the same way. I like the purposeful time 'playing' in soapy water. I even had our dishwasher taken out to make room for another cabinet in the kitchen!

I also like to wash floors by hand with a rag and scrub brush. But I have a very small house with only two tiled floor rooms, so not too hard.

• maryc11
    maryc11 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    user name = maryc11
    Date = Thursday July 8, 2021
    Tracked = Yes
    Exercise = Yes
    Under = Yes
    Water = 68 oz
    Steps = 5,595
  • gamommy2