Downsizers-July Chat 2021

Options

Replies

• Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    lmf1012 wrote: »
    Good morning! Made it Friday of another long week, whew! Under my calories yesterday, lifted weights, and took my walk.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    7/8 steps 8,772

Great start to the day... ANd it's barely started in my parts. :)
  • Poobah1972
    Options
    Bike- at least 30 minutes & 8 miles ❌
    Steps- 11,000 👍🏻
    Seltzer- 6 cups ❌ only 4 cups
    Tracked everything ate and drank 👍🏻
    Under calorie budget 👍🏻

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Stationary bike- 30 minutes, 7 miles, moderate effort
    Steps- 11,400

You guys are amazing!! I saw this quote and thought of you-
    “There is a past version of you that is SO PROUD of how far you’ve come.”

All in all, that's a great day. Good job Theresa! 😎
  • Poobah1972
    Options
    Since skin grafts just been maintaining at resistance training. Have developed scabs where blood would pool at top of skin above veins and petechiae along the veins from wrist to elbow despite not training consistently. Today, was changing dressing on skin graft when vein on right arm popped open from wrist to elbow and started bleeding. Called drs.but couldn't see anyone. At least Endocrinologist appointment was moved to end of July.

So glad that your granddaughter's surgery went well. Wishing her a speedy recovery @lindamtuck2018 Hope the sunburn feels better soon.

@red1185 sounds like a fun weekend with your nephew. Got to enjoy those before he gets busy with school friends.

I can't say I know what your going through... Cause I just can't imagine. But it sounds painful, and yet your still working so hard. Hopefully you can get sorted soon. God bless and a speedy recovery! :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,904 Member
    Options
    Megan_smartiepants1970
    PW: 225.1
    CW 222.0 (loss 3.1 lbs)
    LTD 47 lbs
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Happy FriYAY Everyone .... We felt aftershocks of an earthquake yesterday here in California ... It is suppose to be 109 here today ... 111 tomorrow and 113 Sunday and Monday .....yuck yuck and yuck.... I hope everyone has a great weekend ... we will be swimming today and walking early tomorrow .... Didn't workout yesterday as I was suffering from a really bad headache but I did manage to get 12,378 steps yesterday
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Check in for 7/8:
    Steps - 4823
    Calories - 1622.
    Exercise - gym. 8 machines, 10 minutes exercise bike medium effort 4 miles.

• Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    7/8
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 98oz
    Steps 12895
    Exercise 5mile trail at lake

Like I said when I popped in here yesterday, I got to go for my walk. It was great to just be out there by myself and relax. The sky was mostly overcast and there was a light breeze, just perfect. The rest of the day was the kids and I hanging out, and I also got some laundry done.

Today is grocery shopping day and then later a friend's house for dinner. I'm a little nervous, having no control over what they make to eat. Especially with weigh in tomorrow. I will just do my best.
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Happy friday everyone.

The christmas store I went to is a year round shop. They are just starting to get this year's stuff in. We only spent 115 bucks.

@Beautyofdreams that was scary. You are so calm about it.

@lindamtuck2018 glad your granddaughter came thru it ok.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 treat your new watch tenderly. It's a newborn.
  • MSWarrior7088
    MSWarrior7088 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    lindamtuck2018
    PW 208.2
    CW 210.8

Ok this is not hovering around 208 for a few weeks. I knew before I stood on the scales I was going to be up a lot.

It is a combination of:
    Sunburn
    Not enough water
    binge earlier in week
    Eating too many carbs at night
    Popcorn last night ( I always gain weight after popcorn)

I know what to change this week!

I love popcorn...and it has the same affect on me...
  • MSWarrior7088
    Options
    @Beautyofdreams
    Oh my goodness that sounded terrifying and yet you handled it as calmly as if you had scraped yourself🤗 good you hear your endocrine appointment was moved up.
    Steps.....11,007 yep you read right!!
    Stayed under calories
    Met my water goal
    😊

Well, well, well look who’s over 11,000 steps!!!! Way to go Joyce 👏👏👏 plus you stayed under AND hit your water goal🎉🎉

Thank you!!!
  • MSWarrior7088
    Options
    Poobah1972 wrote: »
    Steps.....11,007 yep you read right!!
    Stayed under calories
    Met my water goal

😊

Steps WIN... Calories WIN... Water WIN.... Nice trifecta Joyce. Have a great day today!!! :smiley:

Thank you...this group was definitely what I needed!!
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps 7/8: 14,565

I'm still trying to come up with some goals for July. Maybe it'll happen before the month is over? I at least tracked yesterday and made it to the gym this morning.

Happy Friday!!!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Just got out of the pool ...spent 2 hours and 20 minutes just floating around ... I have a terrible headache and feel nauseous ... gonna go lay down ... I have been having headaches a lot lately ..not sure why
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,513 Member
    Options
    Just got out of the pool ...spent 2 hours and 20 minutes just floating around ... I have a terrible headache and feel nauseous ... gonna go lay down ... I have been having headaches a lot lately ..not sure why

I get headaches a lot since I had covid. I bought a roller with essential oils that helps me a bit. I roll it on my temples. I don’t know if it would help you. I was spending a fortune on Advil. They don’t help at all. Hope you are able to get some relief. Headaches are not fun.
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Poobah1972 wrote: »
    F.R.I.D.A.Y!!!!! 🤠😃👍

In honor of leg day after work, I once again cut my Cardio this morning in Half. Am I making excuses? Maybe, but I just want to be fresh see... But I promise to catch the other half up on the weekend at some point.

For whatever reason though, I completely forgot to record the exercise on my Fitbit. But my Fitbit always tracks heartrate, so based on that my Fitbit adjustment at the moment, which is 370... So, I'll say 320 was burnt during my 15 minutes of Grunti Growni time on the Elliptical. 👍

And in honor of Jill, and a super impressive knock out punch from Tahlia this morning! (2 of my good pals on the social feeds) It's

F L E X F R I D A Y ! ! ! 💪😎

mergadoex29w.jpg

That’s a great burn! You guys look great! It is so nice that you guys workout together.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Megan_smartiepants1970
    PW: 225.1
    CW 222.0 (loss 3.1 lbs)
    LTD 47 lbs

What a fantastic loss!

rwood566 wrote: »
    Check in for 7/8:
    Steps - 4823
    Calories - 1622.
    Exercise - gym. 8 machines, 10 minutes exercise bike medium effort 4 miles.
    rwood566 wrote: »
    Rwood566
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 301.8
    CW: 298.6. -2.2

Awesome loss! Great workout yesterday!

Tazaria87 wrote: »
    7/8
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 98oz
    Steps 12895
    Exercise 5mile trail at lake

Like I said when I popped in here yesterday, I got to go for my walk. It was great to just be out there by myself and relax. The sky was mostly overcast and there was a light breeze, just perfect. The rest of the day was the kids and I hanging out, and I also got some laundry done.

Today is grocery shopping day and then later a friend's house for dinner. I'm a little nervous, having no control over what they make to eat. Especially with weigh in tomorrow. I will just do my best.

Wow! Awesome step count. It’s so much nicer to walk when it is a little cooler outside. I know you will do great tonight.

Steps 7/8: 14,565

I'm still trying to come up with some goals for July. Maybe it'll happen before the month is over? I at least tracked yesterday and made it to the gym this morning.

Happy Friday!!!

Great steps! Nice job tracking and hitting the gym.

Piqueaboo wrote: »
    It's weigh-in day!

Username piqueaboo
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    PW (Previous Weight): 212.2
    CW (Current Weight): 215.6

I've had a pretty terrible week, I'll try to turn it around again. Jeez. Why is finding motivation so tough??

Steps:
    • Monday 5 453
    • Tuesday 7 890
    • Wednesday 12 330
    • Thursday 2 641
    • Friday 27 993

I know you can get on track. I know I say this a lot but half the battle is not quitting. You show up every week so that’s a win. Your Friday steps are insane. Almost 28k. Impressive!
  • Poobah1972
    Options

Drinking lots of water (Not the pool water though).. :) Keep us posted1!!
    That’s a great burn! You guys look great! It is so nice that you guys workout together.

Thanks Linda.. Much appreciated.

This discussion has been closed.