Options

Replies

• TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    lindamtuck2018
    PW 208.2
    CW 210.8

Ok this is not hovering around 208 for a few weeks. I knew before I stood on the scales I was going to be up a lot.

It is a combination of:
    Sunburn
    Not enough water
    binge earlier in week
    Eating too many carbs at night
    Popcorn last night ( I always gain weight after popcorn)

I know what to change this week!

You had quite a week, plus the stress of your granddaughter's surgery. How is your sunburn healing? We are almost always wearing rash guards when we are by/in the water. Yup, you got this.

lmf1012 wrote: »
    Good morning! Made it Friday of another long week, whew! Under my calories yesterday, lifted weights, and took my walk.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    7/8 steps 8,772

Terrific day and look at those steps 👏🏻👏🏻 plus under and weight training 🤩🎉🎉 You're doing incredible!!

Check in for Thursday
    ✅Steps 6,967
    ✅Sleep
    ✅Walk
    ✅ 8/8 hourly reminders

I never left my apartment yesterday but I met all my goals. I looped around the apartment to get my walk. I was able to get my heart rate up and earned 30 zone minutes.

I am walking with my friend from the building this morning. I woke up with a headache and can’t shake it but I will not give in. I am meeting all my goals today!

Happy FriYAY!

LOOK AT ALL THAT GREEN!! Way to go and all of that with a headache 👏🏻👏🏻 You're A-mazing!!
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Ladies and Gentlemen,

So, what's on tap for today? You might be wondering? Well, my Rogue "Rackable" EZ curl bar arrived. So that's GREAT!!! DUH, like Obviously!!!!! 😄 That's mean's the Regular EZ Bar will now move to Lynn Dumbbell Corner, and we can now set up both her EZ bar and my EZ bar at the same time. (less messing around with plates and a faster workout). YESSSS!!!! The Swiss bar arrived last week.... This is a bar with 4 different grips that allows you to work your chest and tries, without putting nearly as much stress on your shoulders and possibly wrists as the grips are in a much more natural orientation. Basically, I'm going to work this into my extra chest work program every second Saturday, and every other Saturday it will be the regular Black Beauty Barbell, and Regular Chest Wednesdays will remain Dumbbells... So that's that, all the bar's that I'll ever need are now at my fingertips. In case you lost count.

45LB Men's Olympic Barbbell - This bar will come in handy with the Landmine. (Future)
    35LB Woman's Olympic Barbell (Black Beauty)
    Olympic Hex Bar
    Swiss Bar
    "Rackable" EZ Curl Bar (these fit in a power cage just right).

and of the old EZ Curl Bar, that now resides in Lynn's corner. 🙂

Lynn Dumbbell arrived today... And I said the singular form... The other one got left in southern Ontario, till Monday, I guess. However, Lynn is absolutely thrilled with it. No more messing around with adjustables, bruising her lovely thighs or just wasting time struggling with adjusting weights numerous times. In fact, I'm a bit Jealous. 🤓

My special surprise shipped today too, and It's shipping from within my province... So, it will probably arrive Monday. I'm really excited about this one, I'm also a little nervous, It may well kick my *kitten* more then I'm able to stand at the moment? But it's on like Donkey Kong right? I lay the blame on this purchase squarely on the shoulders of Tahlia and Egg Banjo. 😋 😃😃👍

And it was LEG DAY TODAY!!!!! 👀😲😭😳🤪😤😫😯😉😀😄😃😁

So, I'll keep it short from here on out. I went up to 230 Hex Bar Deads today, I managed my full 10 reps in the second set (and I'm pretty sure I didn't *kitten* my pants, but I haven't checked just yet. 😑)... Which was strange cause I only managed 9 in my first set. Last set kicked my *kitten* only getting 7. But since I got 10 in the second set I'm moving up to 240 next week. I'm pretty sure it was just 2 or was it 3 weeks ago, I could only get 2 reps... Before I dropped back down to 210 and only managed 6 or so for the remaining sets. So great success I think. 😄

Rest of the workout was pretty great too.. Hard as Duck.. But great.

Calorie burn.... 1106. WORTH IT!!! 😄

And what's better then finishing a workout??? Eating supper 5 minutes later.

PRO Low Carb Tip Alert- The Lasagna that Lynn made was insanely good (Thanks Babe 💖). These low carb lasagna noodles were on the mark in taste and consistency. it's not pasta, but it's probably as close as I've seen and is a keeper. The product is PALMA - Low Carb Lasagna Made from Hearts of Palm.

Ps that photo is a single serving.. Mmmmmmm

Okay I'm done.... More dishes to do of course. (Lynn cooked breakfast and supper today, so I got all the dishes to do... Tis Life and I'm grateful to do it) 🙂

Good night everyone!!!! 😎💪🤠

3ep6b4tq5i72.jpg
  • MSWarrior7088
    MSWarrior7088 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Steps: 11,555 Day 2 of "I can't believe I got that many steps!!"
    Tracked and recorded all food and drink stayed on target
    Had pizza tonight not a great choice but....

Hope everyone has a great night!
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Rainy day here and a great day to catch up on reading. Have been losing weight since last weigh in so think am starting to learn what is not going to and what will work for maintenance while waiting to heal. Have a great weekend.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,277 Member
    Options
    Just got out of the pool ...spent 2 hours and 20 minutes just floating around ... I have a terrible headache and feel nauseous ... gonna go lay down ... I have been having headaches a lot lately ..not sure why

I get headaches a lot since I had covid. I bought a roller with essential oils that helps me a bit. I roll it on my temples. I don’t know if it would help you. I was spending a fortune on Advil. They don’t help at all. Hope you are able to get some relief. Headaches are not fun.

I am not sure what is going on .... The nausea is finally gone ...but still have a headache ... I slept most of the afternoon and evening away ....I will look into a roller and see if that helps... I see my GP in August so I will be talking to him about it
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,277 Member
    Options
    @Jonathan ....Drinking lots of water (Not the pool water though).. :) Keep us posted1!! I drink 120 ounces of water a day ... I am baffled as to why I have these headaches almost daily ..
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Check-in for 7/9:
    Steps - 6301. Just got a lot of them.
    Calories - 1738. To close for comfort.
    Exercise - 1.1 mile walk.

Went to a movie today with daughter. Black widow. Ate some popcorn but stopped nicely, I think. Diet coke as well. Went to dairy queen after dinner. Made a bad choice and up sized my dipped cone to medium. Went from 330 calories to 490. Ugh. I did it because daughter upped the size of blizzard she wanted. Very bad decision for me. When I got home I saw I was short steps so I went on a small walk. I extended it to a mile to check my breathing. I still labored more than normal. I want to try a longer one tomorrow. Got word that my covid test was negative. Wish it would have been positive since I would have known what was going on. Now to wait for more testing. Next week is 7 tubes of blood work, compression sock fitting and b/p check that will take 20 minutes and 3 positions. 2 medical centers at least 20 and 30 miles from me.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,494 Member
    Options
    Just got out of the pool ...spent 2 hours and 20 minutes just floating around ... I have a terrible headache and feel nauseous ... gonna go lay down ... I have been having headaches a lot lately ..not sure why

I get headaches a lot since I had covid. I bought a roller with essential oils that helps me a bit. I roll it on my temples. I don’t know if it would help you. I was spending a fortune on Advil. They don’t help at all. Hope you are able to get some relief. Headaches are not fun.

I am not sure what is going on .... The nausea is finally gone ...but still have a headache ... I slept most of the afternoon and evening away ....I will look into a roller and see if that helps... I see my GP in August so I will be talking to him about it

The essential oil roller is something I bought in a natural store. It’s not a prescription medication. When the malls open here I am going to buy the more expensive one. I wonder why headaches make us nauseous. I took gravol several times yesterday due to feeling queasy with my headache.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,494 Member
    Options
    @TheresaM787
    My sunburn is at the peeling stage. I weigh 4 pounds less than yesterday’s weigh in. There was some major bloat happening yesterday. Thanks you for all the cheering. It means a lot.

@Poobah1972
    You are outfitted better than any GoodLife. Start selling memberships when gyms open Friday. Holy poop! 1106 calorie burn! Amazing! Looks delicious!

@MSWarrior7088
    11.5k steps! Fantastic! What have you been doing to increase your steps? I love pizza. How did you make out last night with yours? My struggle is to stop after two pieces.

@Beautyofdreams
    Reading on a raining day is perfect!

@Aqualang26
    Wow! 75 pounds lost is impressive accomplishment. Congrats!

@littleflutterby
    You are doing very well with your steps. How is physio going? How are you liking Noom?

@rwood566
    Nice steps! You did very well with calories havre movie theatre popcorn and diary queen. Now I want a blizzard. I am glad you don’t have COVID. It’s not just getting over COVID but the after effects you can have afterwards. I hope your test shows you some answers as I know it has to be incredibly frustrating. Welcome to twoterville!

• rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 congrats on the long walk. Bummer about all of the pain, though I hope the laying down helped a lot. Good luck with your gym and pool opening.

@jimboden3 good to hear that your precautions paid off. Good luck with the surgery and recovery. I think it's great your family is doing the walks together, even while in college, etc. Enjoy Bismarck.

Change in my calories yesterday:
    Correct calories:1825. I forgot I grabbed a piece of bread and butter half way thru dinner to cut the heat of the jambalaya. I remembered it at breakfast today.
  • red1185
    red1185 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Red1185
    PW: 158.8
    CW: 158.6
    LTD: 21 lbs!!!

I will take it!! I was convinced I was going to see a gain because I didn’t do a lot this week. I’m super excited and relieved to see that I was wrong.

I’ve been keeping track of my NSVs, and they’ve been pretty good this week. The most exciting one was that a shirt that was too tight fits perfectly now.

Also, I promised myself that when I reached 20lbs I would buy myself something (small) travel-related as a reward. So now I get to pick something out. Woop woop!

@Tazaria87 i completely understand that bloat! You’re going to shake it off - no worries! Enjoy time with family.

@lindamtuck2018 congrats on that long walk. Sometimes you just need to move, even if it comes with blisters and back pain. Good for you for pushing through, and getting all those steps in! Hopefully you feel better today, and your blisters will heal quickly!

@rwood566 as long as you enjoyed the family time, I think a medium cone every now and again is ok. Not to mention, you made sure to get extra steps in later. I’m sorry you’re having a rough time. Hopefully the doctors will be able to figure out what’s going on!

@Aqualang26 75 lbs!! That’s amazing! Congratulations!!!
  • red1185
    red1185 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 and @lindamtuck2018 I’m sorry y’all are having such a hard time with headaches. My sister swears by peppermint oil on the back of the neck. I will also put a little bit of lavender oil on my temples, which helps, too. Also, if you squeeze the webbing between your thumb and index finger for ~30 seconds that can help relieve headaches as well. Feel better!!!

@Megan_smartiepants1970 great steps and great loss! Aftershocks of an earthquake sounds really scary. I hope y’all are ok!

@Tazaria87 your walk sounds lovely. I hope dinner with your friends was delicious!

@Poobah1972 great workout! That’s awesome!

@Piqueaboo and @888Angie888 great steps!!

@Beautyofdreams i hope whatever is going on gets diagnosed and then treated quickly. I’m sorry you’re going through that! You’re quite amazing for continuing to push through, and maintain steps and diet, etc…good for you!!

• 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps 7/9: 16,559
This discussion has been closed.