Downsizers-July Chat 2021

Options

Replies

• Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    For swimming I use workout instead of the swim mode on the fitbit

Okay then, I'll try that next time. Thank you! :)
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    7/10- 22,200

Had an amazing mini-Megan this morning, 6.5 miles. We had breakfast and then took the kids out to the bookstore for "help a reader day". They each wandered around the bookstore and if they saw someone trying to decide on books that they have read, then they would offer their help. My daughter offered a set of grandparents help in the children's section. She watched as they looked at book after book trying to choose a book. She was so cute, she asked if they needed help because she loves to read. The grandparents were so surprised to see a little one offer to help. She asked the age of the child they were shopping for, and then began pulling some of her favorites from when she was younger. They were so thankful, they came up to her as they were leaving and thanked her again for her help. It was so sweet. Plus, she felt good helping someone. Win Win.

Thank you @rwood566 for the holiday a day idea.
  • TheresaM787
    Options
    Steps: 11,555 Day 2 of "I can't believe I got that many steps!!"
    Tracked and recorded all food and drink stayed on target
    Had pizza tonight not a great choice but....

Hope everyone has a great night!

Wow Joyce, that's a huge day of steps👏🏻👏🏻 Way to go with tracking and staying on target, while enjoying pizza!! Now that's terrific planning 🤩

Aqualang26 wrote: »
    Aqualang26
    Weigh-in Day: Saturday (Friday night)
    PW: 177
    CW: 174.6

Hit a milestone of 75 lbs off today! (75.4 to be exact) That feels significant and good.

Nice weekly loss!! Congrats on hitting over 75 pounds LTD 👏🏻👏🏻 That's a huge accomplishment🤩I'm so happy for you.

@littleflutterby
    Wow, look at all of those steps and nice swim (doggy paddle counts in my book) 👏🏻👏🏻. I'm sorry to hear about the 2 year anniversary of your MIL passing, I'm sure it was a tough day for both of you.

rwood566 wrote: »
    Check-in for 7/9:
    Steps - 6301. Just got a lot of them.
    Calories - 1738. To close for comfort.
    Exercise - 1.1 mile walk.

Went to a movie today with daughter. Black widow. Ate some popcorn but stopped nicely, I think. Diet coke as well. Went to dairy queen after dinner. Made a bad choice and up sized my dipped cone to medium. Went from 330 calories to 490. Ugh. I did it because daughter upped the size of blizzard she wanted. Very bad decision for me. When I got home I saw I was short steps so I went on a small walk. I extended it to a mile to check my breathing. I still labored more than normal. I want to try a longer one tomorrow. Got word that my covid test was negative. Wish it would have been positive since I would have known what was going on. Now to wait for more testing. Next week is 7 tubes of blood work, compression sock fitting and b/p check that will take 20 minutes and 3 positions. 2 medical centers at least 20 and 30 miles from me.

Terrific step day Roger!! You have serious will power to stop eating popcorn, especially in a movie theater. Now that's a proper good budget, a bit of popcorn and a DQ dip, and you still were under budget 👏🏻👏🏻 I'm glad the COVID test was negative, I hope they can identify what's going on. I'm sorry that you're going through all of that 🤗 Even with the adjustment, you are still under MFP's budget, way to go👏🏻👏🏻

Check in for Friday
    ✅Steps 12,449
    ✅Sleep
    ✅Walk
    ✅ 8/8 hourly reminders

I told you yesterday morning I wasn’t giving in to my headache. I went for a long walk with my friend in the building. According to my Fitbit it was 1hr 20 minute walk but that included our quick stop in the market for maybe 5 minutes. Yes my back hurts and I have blisters on my foot but it felt so good to do a long walk again. I laid on the floor on my back and with my legs over the couch for 45 minutes afterwards to help with the back pain. It’s one of the things physio showed me. We also went to see my granddaughter last night.

The most exciting thing yesterday is it was announced we are going into phase three in Ontario on Friday. Gyms and indoor pools are able to open. I am so hopeful that the exercise room and the pool will open in our building. Keep your fingers crossed.

We are off grocery shopping in a few minutes. Sorry for the novel this morning.
    Have a great weekend!

The peeling stage, ohhhh. That was a bad burn. Wow, you were holding onto a lot of water. Wow look at you, another day of all green! You almost doubled your step goal!! That's a huge amount of steps👏🏻👏🏻. Your friend and you had a terrific l-o-n-g walk. Glad the physio stretch is working. I'm glad you got to see your granddaughter. Love the longer posts 🤩

lmf1012 wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018

lmf1012
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    PW 141
    CW 140.2
    LTD 25.8

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    7/9 steps 9,228

I am soooooo close to the 130s I can taste it! I was hoping for this morning but will have to wait and see what tomorrow brings.

I was informed I need to start going to the office in two weeks. I can at least limit it to 2-3 days per week for now. However, it means I need to do some clothes shopping. Ugh, I hate shopping. Although it is at least less painful now that I do not hate what I see in the mirror lol

Congrats on your loss and your high steps 👏🏻👏🏻 You are going to be in the 130s before you know it. I'm so happy for you🤩 I know what you mean, it's so nice not having to wear real clothes.

Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Tazaria87
    Saturday
    PW 156.8
    CW 159.8

I knew I was going to show a gain but I was hoping it wouldn't be that bad, yikes. The dinner we went to last night consisted of homemade pizza, that was very thick breading, fruit, and homemade chocolate chip brownies. I had 2 pieces of pizza and a brownie square, and lots of fruit. I think most of my bloat is probably from the alcohol. All the sugary alcohol.

Today we are driving to my husband's grandma's house for a visit. It's two hours away, but we are almost there. I won't probably get any exercise in today, but will pick it back up tomorrow for sure and take this bloat back off.

7/9 steps 3994

You're so great at jumping back into the routine- getting in your water, staying on track and getting in your steps, that you'll be dropping that weight real soon. Have a wonderful visit!

jimboden3 wrote: »
    So I've been really 'quiet' the last several weeks after I decided to take a time-out from the weight loss challenge due to my decision to stop all exercising after a hernia appeared (pretty scary). I was finally able to meet with the surgeon yesterday and it turns out I have a bilateral inguinal hernia which in plain English means 2 hernias! I'm not really in pain but this reaffirmed my decision to stop weight lifting and rowing back in early June as being a good decision. I had also cut back on walking and it sounds like that may have been overkill but I'd been pretty anxious about making things worse so it was a relief for the doctor to tell me it was OK as long as kept an eye on my condition and used common sense.

Finally now the good news! Surgery is scheduled for the 28th and recovery should only be about 3 weeks but I was warned to not go crazy and try to make up for lost time right away and instead ease back into a routine. I was cleared to do some light hiking (just nothing stupid) which is great because we catch our flight to Denver tonight to begin our vacation where we'll be finishing the last of the 50 US states (capitals to be precise) - it's North Dakota by the way. We started this entirely by accident back in 2008 when we had a few extra days on our hands before going to a family reunion and decided to take a more round about trip and were looking for something different to do. With 4 active / involved kids it's been a little tricky to line up schedules over the years - but particularly more so as they got older with camps, marching band, sports, school trips, college summer classes. Anyway I'm pretty excited to close up this accomplishment. I've been laying low for what seems like 2 months now so the change of scenery and getting some steps out in some amazing parks / landscapes sounds enticing.

The other good news ... despite being a desk chair potato for the last 2 months (meaning I've been working a lot), I've not really gained any weight due to (reasonably) well behaved eating. I came in at 206.9 lbs this morning which means getting below 200 should be easily achievable once I'm cleared and comfortable to get back into exercising again. I hope to rejoin the challenge around late August (so please hold my spot!).

I'll try to share a few pictures of myself / family out and about this week.

So glad you'll be getting all patched up within a few weeks. Have a wonderful vacation, ahem- take it easy, you don't want to aggravate the hernias - they tend to retaliate. Great decision to eat reasonably well during the past two months, it will make it easier to get back on track in late August. Safe travels!

red1185 wrote: »
    Red1185
    PW: 158.8
    CW: 158.6
    LTD: 21 lbs!!!

I will take it!! I was convinced I was going to see a gain because I didn’t do a lot this week. I’m super excited and relieved to see that I was wrong.

I’ve been keeping track of my NSVs, and they’ve been pretty good this week. The most exciting one was that a shirt that was too tight fits perfectly now.

Also, I promised myself that when I reached 20lbs I would buy myself something (small) travel-related as a reward. So now I get to pick something out. Woop woop!

Another loss and look at you with 21 pounds gone 👏🏻👏🏻 Congratulations on passing the 20 pound milestone!! Glad you're still keeping track of your NSVs. Gosh that is exciting, your once too tight shirt now fitting you perfectly 🙌🏻🙌🏻 Way to go!!

@888Angie888
    Another terrific step day for you 🎉🎉
  • TheresaM787
    Options
    We walked and walked and walked ...left at 5am this morning ....we walked 4 hours and 30 minutes ....10.19 miles (WHAAAAT) 1863 calories burned ...and 26,453 (for our walk) there will be more by tonight ....we are all pooped ..I felt nauseous out there but I am fine now ...111 today ....it was almost 80 at 5am ... 113 tomorrow glad we are resting tomorrow and watching nascar :)

Are you freakin' kidding me??? 4 1/2 hours😲!! 10.19 miles👏🏻👏🏻!! Can we get back to the FOUR AND A HALF HOURS🤣!! Your Megans keep getting longer and longer. I don't know how you do it. Don't say, put one foot in front of the other. One day, probably next year, I'll finally be able to do your walk😆. You're very inspiring. Rest, drink, elevate those legs and enjoy your Nascar tomorrow.

@Poobah1972
    Now that's a fantastic NSV, with the steering wheel. I'm glad Lynn brought your attention to it. 🤩👏🏻👏🏻 Terrific walk and swim day today!! You're doing amazing 🙌🏻

Having an bad MS flair today...

No steps except to the bathroom and to bed...
    Didn't eat much, slept most of the day
    Going to try again tomorrow...

Have I told how much I hate MS!!!

I'm so sorry you're not having a good day today, hopefully tomorrow will be better 🤗 Wishing you to feel better Joyce.

rlaskey2 wrote: »
    Steps 12,277

Stayed in all days yesterday except for taking the kids for their physical. We had had heavy rain from the tropical storm move through. Started phase 2 of my workout program and watched movies with the kids.

Wow!! Huge steps today👏🏻👏🏻. Well done going into phase 2!!
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone.
    Check in for 7/10:
    Steps: 9185
    Calories: 1285 or so. Don't know why it is so low. I had lasagna and jambalaya today.
    Exercise: walk in the morning. Stayed out of the heat after that. Stopped my walk early due to back pain and breathing problems. It seems the lighter I get the more problems I have.
  • TheresaM787
    Options
    @iradi8
    I'm glad your mom is being discharged tomorrow. You've been so strong throughout this time, caring for her and your family (even if it was from a distance). Glad home health will be there to help with the PICC line. You're one tough lady, you got this 🤗

@rwood566
    Another tremendous step day for you👏🏻👏🏻 That's a REALLY low calorie day! Said it before and saying it again, you are a budgeting wizard🤩 I hope the docs can figure out why you are having the breathing issues. Are you stretching your back? It seems to work for @lindamtuck2018, just a thought.

@lindamtuck2018
    TheresaM787
    PW 123
    CW 124
    Maintenance Group
  • TheresaM787
    edited July 2021
    Options
    4dnimz91l64r.png

Obstacle // Overcome
    Lack of Motivation // Reading your posts

Any other obstacles that you have overcome?
  • lmf1012
    lmf1012 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    7/10 steps 11,888 (a micro-Megan lol)

Scale was the same today, so no new decade just yet. Someone wants me to have more practice with patience I guess lol

Thrift shopping netted a few things but nothing for the office, which was the purpose of shopping. It may require a trip to the mall today. Ugh lol
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,494 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    7/10- 22,200

Had an amazing mini-Megan this morning, 6.5 miles. We had breakfast and then took the kids out to the bookstore for "help a reader day". They each wandered around the bookstore and if they saw someone trying to decide on books that they have read, then they would offer their help. My daughter offered a set of grandparents help in the children's section. She watched as they looked at book after book trying to choose a book. She was so cute, she asked if they needed help because she loves to read. The grandparents were so surprised to see a little one offer to help. She asked the age of the child they were shopping for, and then began pulling some of her favorites from when she was younger. They were so thankful, they came up to her as they were leaving and thanked her again for her help. It was so sweet. Plus, she felt good helping someone. Win Win.

Thank you @rwood566 for the holiday a day idea.

Awesome walk! That sounds like a wonderful idea at the bookstore. You are always finding things that keep your kids busy during summer vacation but at the same time is a lot of fun. You are a great Mom!

iradi8 wrote: »
    I want to update y'all. My mom is STILL in the hospital. Now they say that she will be discharged to come home on Monday. Since it's the weekend, and she is okay by herself for a while, and my brother lives fifteen minutes from the hospital, I am home today. It feels soooooooooo good to be home. I spent eleven nights sleeping in the recliner in her hospital room. I've been sleeping at home for the last three nights and spending all day into the evening there.

Anyway, all of that to say, I am logging my food today. I got my second Covid vaccine today. I'm getting lots of stuff done around the house and ran errands today. When my mom does come home, she will have a PICC line (kind of like an IV) and daily antibiotics will have to be administered through the line for six weeks. So, it will be added stress for me, but home health is supposed to help out.

I won't be back commenting and reading everything just yet because I need time for me and to get things done. Just wanted to tell y'all that I sure hope I can get back to doing things for myself and my health soon.

Have a great weekend!

I hope your Mom gets home on Monday. You are very resilient. Your Mom is lucky to have a daughter like you. I hope home health offers you support over the next 6 weeks. Hugs!

rwood566 wrote: »
    Good evening everyone.
    Check in for 7/10:
    Steps: 9185
    Calories: 1285 or so. Don't know why it is so low. I had lasagna and jambalaya today.
    Exercise: walk in the morning. Stayed out of the heat after that. Stopped my walk early due to back pain and breathing problems. It seems the lighter I get the more problems I have.

. Great steps and very low calories. You need to teach me how to have such great food and stay within calories. Amazing! I can sympathize with you on the back pain. Here is a picture of the position the physiotherapist gave me to lay in when my back pain is bad. I often watch tv upside down when doing this. Sorry for the quality but I just took a picture of the sheet she gave me. When do you see the doctor again? I hope they figure out all this soon. I can understand stand how frustrating it is.

r4ovakmk12wt.jpg

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    4dnimz91l64r.png

Obstacle // Overcome
    Lack of Motivation // Reading your posts

Any other obstacles that you have overcome?

The biggest obstacle I have overcome is my binge eating disorder. It’s not ever going to go away but through therapy I learned ways to prevent the binge eating. It does rear its ugly head every now and then but I am able to put strategies in place to get in under control.

Also, what is XTRAIN?
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    lmf1012 wrote: »
    Good morning!

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    7/10 steps 11,888 (a micro-Megan lol)

Scale was the same today, so no new decade just yet. Someone wants me to have more practice with patience I guess lol

Thrift shopping netted a few things but nothing for the office, which was the purpose of shopping. It may require a trip to the mall today. Ugh lol

Fantastic steps! I guess they say patience is a virtue. I never think of going to a thrift shop to buy clothes. I am going away soon and I am going to have to buy some new clothes. I also can’t stand shopping for myself.
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Good morning everybody. Happy sunday.

@iradi8 glad to hear your mom is finally good enough to be alone for a while. You have done so much. Take care of your mental health needs.

@lindamtuck2018 thank you for the picture. I will give it a try. I won't be seeing my doc for at least 6 months, unless the tests show something.

@theresaM787 great trip to the book store, and an amazing little helper you have growing up. I bet you are so proud. It seems your littles don't need summer camp when every day is a new adventure with you.

@lmf1012 nice micro-megan. Best of luck on your continued hunt for office clothes.
  • red1185
    red1185 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    @TheresaM787 thank you so much for all the encouragement, and sharing in my excitement!!

This group is the best!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,277 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    My Early Friendly Reminder of steps I need from the following people :)

@rlaskey2 7/8 & 7/9
    @Z1ORtza 7/4-7/10
    @red1185 7/8-7/10
    @Beverly2Hansen 7/9 & 7/10
    @BRGking 7/4-7/10

If I do not have your steps by Monday Evening(7/12) I will have to zero them out..... Thanks for all your cooperation ...Greatly appreciate it :)
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps 7/10: 16,399
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Username: Beautyofdreams
    Weigh-In Day: Sunday
    PW: 150.8
    CW: 145.0

This discussion has been closed.