TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (July)

Options

Replies

• cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options
    What a week it has been! I have been driving myself crazy with everything that has happened between work and home!

While we thoroughly enjoyed our dinner Wednesday night, it was the only break we've really had this week. My team at work usually consists of 9 people(it was 11, but we lost two full-timers within the last three weeks). Our workload hasn't changed, despite it being a 4 day work week. There were two people out on vacation, our supervisor was out sick for the week, one callout on two days, and one coworker that doesn't work on Fridays. That left three of us on Friday, and one of the guys I work with just pretends to look busy and doesn't really help get things done. I was the only one trying to get tasks done, and with 10+ hours of price changes, certain servicing that needed to be done, and other tasks my supervisor had asked me to complete... I'm lucky I made it out of there! I was stressed beyond belief. Somehow, I managed to stay under calories this week, but my food choices were not ideal. I definitely grabbed more snacks out of the vending machine than I would normally.

Yesterday, while at work, my husband called. Our basement was flooded for the first time ever. We are in the middle of a hill, so water just usually goes around our house. With over 5" of rain in a few hours, water flooded by our basement door(on the side of our house) and made its way in... We spent a few hours mopping, wringing out soaking wet towels, and wet/dry vaccuming the water up. It was exhausting after nearly 9 hours of work. I've been bleaching the floors and running the dehumidifier since it happened, but I'm fearing our floors have warped in the basement, and we will have to replace them (Along with all the other flooring projects we want to get done in the house). I am fortunate that the water stopped RIGHT before the edge of my treadmill mat! That would have devastated me!

Lets just say I'm a little stressed!

I have *barely* managed to do the minimum things I *need* to do, but I don't feel very happy about how I've handled this stressful week. I know that next week at work will at least be less stressful, but I need to handle my stress a little better. I probably should uninstall my electronic pay on my phone, so that I can't buy snacks at work... Usually I buy them as a special treat... but I definitely went to that thing too often. I will spend part of my day prepping my breakfast and lunch for work, and hope that I set myself up for a successful week.

Sorry to complain, I just had to vent a little....

Previous week: 164.6
    Current week: 165.8
    Gain: 1.2lb
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    @gamommy2
    I love the pictures you've shared with us! Anything that gets you moving (intentionally) is a big plus! Even if it doesn't raise your HR that much, it is still good for your heart, mind, etc.!
  • annabananamc
    annabananamc Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    @cmhubbard92 whew! You DID have a LOT to deal with this week. And with all that, you managed to stick with us, and made some good choices, too. Don't be too hard on yourself. Dealing with stress eating is my nemesis, so I understand that snack machine call! Can you keep a bag of popped popcorn or something for when those snackies hit?

Everyone, this was a tough week with weird weather, workplaces shifting to be more open, a holiday for some, and just life. Let's put this week behind us and focus forward on an awesome week 2 for TBBT!!!!
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,645 Member
    Options
    @cmhubbard92 Wow, I was stressed just reading all of that! When it rains it pours, literally and figuratively. I hope your basement dries out with little lasting damage. Good luck this week. Having plans in place ahead of time should help.

@annabananamc I agree, let's close the books on this week and start anew tomorrow.
  • CycleMomOf3
    CycleMomOf3 Posts: 336 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    @cmhubbard92 Yowza. I can't even imagine how batty you must feel right now! Here's hoping that this week is a resoundingly dull and predictable week for you in comparison (ok, so I wish you a few small FUN surprises, but nothing like this week!) :wink:

Here we go, folks. This past week clearly kicked us in the proverbial behinds, but speaking for myself, I LOVE a good comeback story!! Let's be that! Nobody saw us comin', and yet, :sunglasses: BOOM, there we were, back in the game. I mean, I LOVE it when somebody underestimates me and I have to prove them wrong. :smiley:

I hope that your weekends are going well. I just spent the last hour workin' up a sweat scrubbing down a bunch of outdoor gear. My kayaks needed a good wash-down since last week's muddy river run. It's not an endurance gravel ride, but it'll do. It'll do.

• maryc11
    maryc11 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    user name = maryc11
    Date = Saturday July 10, 2021
    Tracked = Yes
    Exercise = Yes
    Under = Yes
    Water = 52 oz
    Steps = 3,553
  • maryc11
    maryc11 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    @cmhubbard92 Yup, you win the 'work yourself crazy' award for last week!

I would pick you to be on my team, no matter what I was teaming up to do. You are amazing and very, very dedicated.

A hint that works for me:
    *My trick is to keep a tin of Cinnamon Altoids in my desk drawer...a few of those at a time are sooo hot, nothing else looks good or seems appealing...other than water which I need large quantities of anyway. Give it a try. 10 calories for three and three should do it for you.
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    maryc11 wrote: »
    @cmhubbard92 Yup, you win the 'work yourself crazy' award for last week!

I would pick you to be on my team, no matter what I was teaming up to do. You are amazing and very, very dedicated.

A hint that works for me:
    *My trick is to keep a tin of Cinnamon Altoids in my desk drawer...a few of those at a time are sooo hot, nothing else looks good or seems appealing...other than water which I need large quantities of anyway. Give it a try. 10 calories for three and three should do it for you.

Omg thaaank yoooouuu for sharing this tip!
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Saturday 10 July

Track: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes

Steps: 12,117
    Water: 80 oz
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    @maryc11 Thanks for the tip, I will have to try that!

@CycleMomOf3 I don't have to scrub my kayak but I did need to empty them. They've been on my car since we went to VA last month (thus the profile picture). Since my car never goes anywhere it's easier to keep them loaded and ready to go. Then Elsa came through Thursday and another round of storms dumped another inch+ on Friday so they were full. 😂 Planning to get on the water today. It's my rest day so I'm thinking an easy paddle is just the ticket.

Enjoy your day everyone! 🥰
  • cmhubbard92
    edited July 2021
    Options
    @annabananamc my problem this week was that I bring all snacks and whatnot that I think I will need... I ate those, but then decided to still hit the snack machine. I definitely just need to reestablish the control that I had before. This week just knocked me out!

@DaffyGirl88 thank you :heart: I am hoping the damage isn't too bad, as well.

@CycleMomOf3 Thank you! I hope it is a rather dull week next week as well! With most people coming back from vacation next week, it should be! And it was YOUR pictures I meant to comment about. I didn't realize until last night that I had tagged the wrong person! Your kids look adorable!

@maryc11 Aww, thank you *holds award in great pride*! I would love to have all of you on my team as well! Thank you for your suggestion, as well! I used to carry some altoids around with me. I should start doing that again, and try a few at once like you recommend!

Here's to a new week! I am about to bleach the basement for the hundredth time (we have the dehumidifier running just as a precaution), before I take the drive to my moms to mow for her today. With weeks of almost continuous rain(ok, so not continuous, but thunderstorms almost daily), I haven't had a *good* day to get over there and take care of the lawn... it's surely a mess! When I get home, I will be prepping some salad for work, and making snacks to take with me... I can do this! :)

I hope all of you have a wonderful day! :)
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    I thought I would share this article with you all. We have a bird bath and have removed it from our yard.

https://www.ctaudubon.org/2021/07/something-is-killing-birds-to-the-south-taking-in-your-bird-feeders-now-might-help-to-keep-it-from-spreading/

It is from our state, but may be useful to those of you in the US! :)
  • annabananamc
    annabananamc Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was a WIN! I talked myself into going to the local park for a bird presentation, then I decided to stay for the two hour invasive species removal work day! After pulling potato vines for two hours, I came home and mowed the lawn. I also rode my cruiser bike to the park, so win win win!

Food choices were fairly balanced all day so I came out on top in all categories without feeling deprived or overworked - yay me! Last week I missed 2 days of exercise and 1 day of being under, so overall should start seeing some results if I keep it up.

Saturday, July 10
    Steps:
    Water: 80+
    Track: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes
  • CycleMomOf3
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Saturday, July 10
    Track: Yes
    Under: Yes
    Exercise: Yes
    Water: Fell short on this (only maybe 50oz, not including my morning protein shake), and my body definitely feels the difference. Headache upon waking up, thirsty, sluggish, blah. Will try to do better on water today.

Heading into the city today for "Heritage Day." Easton, PA (just north of Philly and just west of NYC) is the 2nd city in which the Declaration of Independence was read, so they have a big day of celebration that ends with fireworks. Oooh boy. Lots of walking and carrying stuff! :wink:

My littlest one has the first day of her "kindergarten camp" tomorrow, and it will be her first time riding a school bus. Just a few hours each day for a couple of weeks. So many kiddos had incomplete PreK experiences (Ellie's was remote, so hers wasn't exactly up to par), so they're trying to use the kindergarten summer prep program to assess and see where kiddos are for the fall. She's excited. I'm...happy and excited for her, but also feeling all the other emotions as my baby heads off to kindergarten. :heart: :heartbreak:

• CycleMomOf3
    Options
    Excited moment for me. Feel free to squee along with me, fellow fit-seeking teammates. I don't track steps, but I do Strava my workouts. It sucks my phone dry, though, even with airplane mode. Years ago, I tried one of the cheap Amazon knock-off fitness watches, but no GPS, and not super accurate or helpful. Since late January 2021 when I started to re-lose my weight, I have been saving my allowance. Every week. We're on a SUPER limited income, and I NEVER spend any money on myself. But every week, I put aside a few bucks for a Garmin Forerunner 45S (Garmin's entry level model, mind you). Then, in June, they released the Forerunner 55, which has many of the same features as the 245 passed down. I had a promo code AND....

I just ordered one. In aqua blue, my favorite color. To track my paddles and my hikes and my bike rides. A REAL Garmin!!! I'm so excited!!! It took me 7 months to save for it, but it's ordered finally!!!

Say it with me now. SQUEEEEEEEEE! :joy:

w1bz4xpl9rjb.png
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    @CycleMomOf3

SQUEEEEEEEEE. 😂😂
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    I just ordered one. In aqua blue, my favorite color. To track my paddles and my hikes and my bike rides. A REAL Garmin!!! I'm so excited!!! It took me 7 months to save for it, but it's ordered finally!!!

Say it with me now. SQUEEEEEEEEE! :joy:

w1bz4xpl9rjb.png

SQUEEEEEEEEE!

Congratulations! That’s huge!

I have an Apple Watch and I adore it.
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    @CycleMomOf3 that's awesome! I purchased a vivoactive 4 back in March! If I can figure out how to add people, we should start a challenge. Is it you @gamommy2 that has a Garmin, too?
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR WEEK 1 WINNER!! @AngelxAnnih. - 2.40%
    8tykpzq6wd4b.jpg
    AND TO RUN TRACK MINDS FOR TAKING 1ST PLACE IN WEEK 1!!

July Week 1 is now in the books!! Awesome to all our winners!

It can be difficult to keep going, especially in the middle of the year, middle of the summer, family bbq's and things, but we still saw so many successful people this week! Let's carry that momentum into Week 2.

And if you had a rough start to July, no worries, it's still anyone's game!!

The Biggest Loser Is...
    1st - AngelxAnnih. - 2.40%
    2nd - chublet25. - 1.67%
    3rd - Augos. - 1.48%

The TEAM Biggest Loser...
    1st - Run Track Minds. - 0.43%
    2nd - Gutbusters. - 0.29%
    3rd - Flab-U-Less. - 0.24%

Top 3 Individual % by Team:

The Big Butt Theory
    1st - @Krysless2. - 1.03%
    2nd - @mooreshelly09. - 1.03%
    3rd - @DaffyGirl88. - 0.62%

The Slimsons
    1st - chublet25. - 1.67%
    2nd - WMEJA. - 1.43%
    3rd - AB0215. - 0.91%

Gutbusters
    1st - AngelxAnnih. - 2.40%
    2nd - Cindyk4919. - 1.35%
    3rd - Calli1616. - 0.71%

Run Track Minds
    1st - scminto. - 1.40%
    2nd - Naomi9271. - 1.22%
    3rd - NRTyreman. - 0.96%

Flab-U-Less
    1st - Augos. - 1.48%
    2nd - Girlfacedolly. - 1.17%
    3rd - dheliason. - 0.52%

Individual Top 3 Pounds Lost
    1st - AngelxAnnih. - 7.2 lbs.
    2nd - Augos. - 4.7 lbs.
    3rd - WMEJA. - 3.1 lbs.

Overall Pounds Lost by Team
    The Big Butt Theory - -3.4 lbs.
    The Slimsons - 5.2 lbs.
    Gutbusters - 8.4 lbs.
    Run Track Minds - 7.5 lbs.
    Flab-U-Less - 5.0 lbs.

Overall Total Lost: 22.8 lbs

Week 1 Snapshot
    ulvwjs26cmqu.png

Great work @Krysless2 @mooreshelly09 @DaffyGirl88

Let's make week 2 a great week!!!
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options

Great work @Krysless2 @mooreshelly09 @DaffyGirl88

Let's make week 2 a great week!!!

Agreed, to both sentiments!!

It is supposed to rain all week, so getting in enough steps to earn meaningful calories will be a challenge, but I suppose I could just go to work; that always seems to add a bunch.
This discussion has been closed.