Steps

7/15 6,494
    7/16 6,894

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,485 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    @Poobah1972
    You have such great enthusiasm. Great leg day! It’s nice that you and Lynn are in this together. Your supper looks delicious! Keto has always intrigued me.

@lmf1012
    Welcome officially to a new decade! Hope your resting is helping you recover.

@MSWarrior7088
    Nice steps!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,055 Member
    Options
    My steps were 4,645
    My food was shyte tomorrow is a new day.
    My epic return got set back 1 day because my dad needed to get antibiotics today unexpectedly so we spent a lot of the day at the doctor's and commuting. All in all things are looking good.

Did you want me to remove the EXC. on our step challenge?
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Steps

7/15 6,494
    7/16 6,894

Missing steps from you on 7/14.. I apologize if I missed it
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    @Poobah1972
    You have such great enthusiasm. Great leg day! It’s nice that you and Lynn are in this together. Your supper looks delicious! Keto has always intrigued me.

Thank you... I totally agree. Doing anything with a partner makes all the difference in the world. And seriously I could go blue in the face with how many positives Keto has for me and it's seemingly endless advantages. But you either into it, or your not I guess. The biggest thing is how much control you get seemingly over night over hunger, and cravings... I just don't care anymore about a sugar fix (And the related release of dopamine in the brain, and it's down regulation do to constant binging). I was seriously addicted to it for so long, I couldn't even come home without stopping to fill up on junk. Do Keto for around a week and just like that the unstoppable obsession ends. And Control comes fully back within you hands. Crazy really.

• Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday Evening! 🤗😃😎

I want to thank every single one of you guys for helping to inspire me to show up every day, and do the work. Let's face it, we are at least in part whom who we admire and surround ourselves with. You know who you are Jill, Christy, Susan, Monica, Poop finger, Hollie, Libellule, Missy, Theresa, Hats, Hairy, Jessie, and Avacado Jaimie! And so many more... But this reveal is especially inspired by two of my most beloved MFP friend.

Tahlia Aka Spring... And Mr. Egg Banjo! I've been watching and I've been learning from the best and that's people just like you guys. And to take a single a step in either of your footsteps is a step well taken.

This Gym Upgrade has your names all over it!!!

Much love guys, and a big serious thank you. 💖🤗😊

I mean it, and I'm getting a tear in my eye to prove it. 😀

Oh, and I think I like it... Can't believe how fast the time when by, not like i could even check the clock with the gloves on... lol But I was stunned to see I was at it for almost an hour and near 1000 calories. CRAZY CRAZY​ 😃👍

Whew.... Well, I really do got lunch dishes to do. DOH! 😳😐😝🤗

Peace out guys.. 😋👍🤪

k7bjh1poofio.jpg
  • red1185
    red1185 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Omg yesterday and today we’re such long days I will have to update tomorrow.
    For now:
    Red1185
    PW: 158.6
    CW: 159.0
  • littleflutterby
    littleflutterby Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    hey guys!

So this week has just been a write off in terms of getting much exercise- i did go swimming a few times, but not the amount that i had planned! I am extremely tired all the time and easily distracted ;)

I have physio coming up on tuesday, thank goodness. After fighting with Gael about how much it's going to cost. Insurance only covers $50 and the cheapest i could find is $80.... and still not sure if workers comp is going to pay for it.... i uess we shall see!

Anyway, I am not walking with a cane much now, and easing myself into things :)

here are my steps for the week.

11/7- 7733
    12/7- 7701 +36 min swim
    13/7- 7754 +35 min swim
    14/7- 8060
    15/7- 11394 + 25 min swim
    16/7- 6268
    17/7- 8178

Where the swimming is concerned, it's always going to be whatever moderate (not sprinting) is, I never swim leisurely, lol. I wish I knew how to do that!

Fabulous new week starts right now! Or tomorrow, depending on when you're reading this :):)
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    @TheresaM787 OMG!!I hope everything is ok. Good luck dealing with it. We'll be awaiting your return.

@littleflutterby good exercise. Glad you are getting physio.

@rlaskey2 nice steps. Good luck with the interviews. I'm sure you will get an offer soon.

@Poobah1972 nice set up. Just be careful on the reverse roundhouse kicks. Lol.

Check in for 7/17:
    Steps - 4025. I was short so I grabbed and of our littles (rat) and took her to the mailbox. After a lot of clawing and running across both arms we made it home.
    Calories - 1740 or so. Made room for peach ice cream day, but then I put to much in the bowl and then added pineapple topping. I have to work on that more.
    Exercise - gym with daughter. 8 machines but only 10 minutes on the bike. Legs were like rubber after the workout.

Someone asked if i have asthma. Sorry i don't remember whom. I don't have it.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    My Gym is up ....I am a newbie when it comes to weight lifting so I am going to be doing 3 times a week on 10lbs for a month .. and the 20lbs the next month etc etc until I am able to lift 150lbs (which won't be anytime soon ) I am anxious but also terrified of getting hurt.... I will be starting this on Monday unless my headaches stop me from doing it ... I have had a migraine all day that is why I have be quiet
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    My weigh in is 144.4lbs which has stayed the same for about 2 weeks give or take. My steps are 16,287. My water intake was 2liters and I did manage to eat within my deficit.

Not sure if you saw my previous message but I will ask again ...Do you want me to remove the excused from our step challenge?
  • mszoueb
    mszoueb Posts: 155 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Whew, it's so hot last few days, I don't mind the sun it's just the humidity side which makes it uncomfortable. 30c yesterday with no breeze, probably not hot for most of you overseas.

Unfortunately the houses in the UK have no air conditioning for these being in a oven feeling times. Had windows open and a fan on in another room, but it was just blowing hot air about for the most part haha.

Seem to be getting more hot spells each year in some capacity, but generally I don't think AC is a necessity for the temperatures and weather here year round.

I went on a bike ride with a friend on Friday evening in the hot weather, I must be mad hahah, but we had a lovely picnic in nature in the process. Whilst I got over 5 miles in, my eating this week has annhilated any progress so I apologise in advance if the scale takes a hike in the morning.

I made overnight oats last night for this morning with chocolate oat milk, oats, chia seeds, defrosted blueberries and mango, it was good! Shall experiment more next week as I didn't renew the meal prep for next month.

It's going to be a process changing back to full time no prep. I feel as it was coming to an end I've allowed more and not been feeling to calorie count. Time to reset and fully use my remaining drive to succeed! Going do a food plan for the week ahead later today.

I'm sad to read this @TheresaM787 , I hope everything is ok, you have been an amazing support to me and the team, sending you all the best wishes and hope to see you back soon.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options

Poobah1972 wrote: »
    @Poobah1972

Thank you... I totally agree. Doing anything with a partner makes all the difference in the world. And seriously I could go blue in the face with how many positives Keto has for me and it's seemingly endless advantages. But you either into it, or your not I guess. The biggest thing is how much control you get seemingly over night over hunger, and cravings... I just don't care anymore about a sugar fix (And the related release of dopamine in the brain, and it's down regulation do to constant binging). I was seriously addicted to it for so long, I couldn't even come home without stopping to fill up on junk. Do Keto for around a week and just like that the unstoppable obsession ends. And Control comes fully back within you hands. Crazy really.

Your new addition is so exciting! I think it would not only be a great calorie burn but an amazing way to get rid of frustration. With me my control over night hunger is a work in progress. I am light years away from 2.5 years ago but still have slips. I have binge eating disorder. I get you with the junk food. I would text one word to my husband before he left work: junk! I would have a bag full most nights every week. Have done that since December 2019. I guess I am afraid of low carb or keto. I am afraid how it will affect my diabetes. About 20 years ago, I gave up bread and pasta. The weight melted off me. But I was also in my 30’s then.

rlaskey2 wrote: »
    Steps 7/15 11,926
    7/16 11,105

Nothing exciting to report been a bit lazy on the workout front. Spent some time at the beach Thursday with my mom & Daughter and we went back last night for dinner and grilled burgers. Everyday feels like Groundhog Day, I really hoping I get one of these jobs I am interviewing for. Hope everyone is having a good weekend! More unpredictable weather here sunny then stormy!

Great steps! Good luck with your job interviews!

px7xd5kbeu9d.jpeg

Wow, I didn’t think this was going to be so hard. I feel like I’ve gotten to know you in such a relatively short period of time. I need to put a pause on MFP for now. I know you all will hit your goals. You’re doing amazing. Stay here. Keep logging. Keep inspiring and supporting one another. I hope to rejoin you again soon and hear all about your amazing losses and tremendous gains. Thank you for sharing your paths with me.
    Stay well.
    Theresa.

I am going to miss you! You are a great motivator and it was inspiring to read your responses to everyone. I have moved you to support and will keep you there until you are ready to come back. Keep up that walking!

red1185 wrote: »
    Omg yesterday and today we’re such long days I will have to update tomorrow.
    For now:
    Red1185
    PW: 158.6
    CW: 159.0

Looking forward to your update!

hey guys!

So this week has just been a write off in terms of getting much exercise- i did go swimming a few times, but not the amount that i had planned! I am extremely tired all the time and easily distracted ;)

I have physio coming up on tuesday, thank goodness. After fighting with Gael about how much it's going to cost. Insurance only covers $50 and the cheapest i could find is $80.... and still not sure if workers comp is going to pay for it.... i uess we shall see!

Anyway, I am not walking with a cane much now, and easing myself into things :)

here are my steps for the week.

11/7- 7733
    12/7- 7701 +36 min swim
    13/7- 7754 +35 min swim
    14/7- 8060
    15/7- 11394 + 25 min swim
    16/7- 6268
    17/7- 8178

Where the swimming is concerned, it's always going to be whatever moderate (not sprinting) is, I never swim leisurely, lol. I wish I knew how to do that!

Fabulous new week starts right now! Or tomorrow, depending on when you're reading this :):)

Your steps are great even with your injury! Great job on the swims. Wow I live about 2 hours away and I pay 60 a session for physio. My first visit was 80 though. I guess physio prices are not regulated in Ontario. How are you enjoying the freedom after 9 months of lockdown? Have you gone to a restaurant yet?
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    rwood566 wrote: »
    @TheresaM787 OMG!!I hope everything is ok. Good luck dealing with it. We'll be awaiting your return.

@littleflutterby good exercise. Glad you are getting physio.

@rlaskey2 nice steps. Good luck with the interviews. I'm sure you will get an offer soon.

@Poobah1972 nice set up. Just be careful on the reverse roundhouse kicks. Lol.

Check in for 7/17:
    Steps - 4025. I was short so I grabbed and of our littles (rat) and took her to the mailbox. After a lot of clawing and running across both arms we made it home.
    Calories - 1740 or so. Made room for peach ice cream day, but then I put to much in the bowl and then added pineapple topping. I have to work on that more.
    Exercise - gym with daughter. 8 machines but only 10 minutes on the bike. Legs were like rubber after the workout.

Someone asked if i have asthma. Sorry i don't remember whom. I don't have it.

Great check in! I am excited to start using the bike again on Monday. Is the bike your preferred way to warm up and do cardio at the gym?
    My Gym is up ....I am a newbie when it comes to weight lifting so I am going to be doing 3 times a week on 10lbs for a month .. and the 20lbs the next month etc etc until I am able to lift 150lbs (which won't be anytime soon ) I am anxious but also terrified of getting hurt.... I will be starting this on Monday unless my headaches stop me from doing it ... I have had a migraine all day that is why I have be quiet

That’s great news that you gym is set up. I am no expert on strength training but from my time with a personal trainer I learned: don’t work the same muscles 2 days in a row, warm up before you start and increase your weight gradually. Did the gym come with a guide? From knowing you for a more than a year, you will be a pro in no time. Are you excited? You have been having headaches for more than a week. Have you thought about going to the doctor? I hope you feel better today.

My weigh in is 144.4lbs which has stayed the same for about 2 weeks give or take. My steps are 16,287. My water intake was 2liters and I did manage to eat within my deficit.

That’s great you maintained. Looks like you had a great day with steps and eating. How’s your Dad?

mszoueb wrote: »
    Whew, it's so hot last few days, I don't mind the sun it's just the humidity side which makes it uncomfortable. 30c yesterday with no breeze, probably not hot for most of you overseas.

Unfortunately the houses in the UK have no air conditioning for these being in a oven feeling times. Had windows open and a fan on in another room, but it was just blowing hot air about for the most part haha.

Seem to be getting more hot spells each year in some capacity, but generally I don't think AC is a necessity for the temperatures and weather here year round.

I went on a bike ride with a friend on Friday evening in the hot weather, I must be mad hahah, but we had a lovely picnic in nature in the process. Whilst I got over 5 miles in, my eating this week has annhilated any progress so I apologise in advance if the scale takes a hike in the morning.

I made overnight oats last night for this morning with chocolate oat milk, oats, chia seeds, defrosted blueberries and mango, it was good! Shall experiment more next week as I didn't renew the meal prep for next month.

It's going to be a process changing back to full time no prep. I feel as it was coming to an end I've allowed more and not been feeling to calorie count. Time to reset and fully use my remaining drive to succeed! Going do a food plan for the week ahead later today.

I'm sad to read this @TheresaM787 , I hope everything is ok, you have been an amazing support to me and the team, sending you all the best wishes and hope to see you back soon.

Thats impressive that you went out in heat for a bike ride! We are here to support everyone whether the maintain, loss or gain. Never apologize for gaining. Overnight oats is something I have always wanted to try. The receptionist at my physiotherapist office was eating them. It looked really good. I know there is a ton of recipes on Pinterest for it. I know you can do this. You have done so well this year. You have the motivation to succeed on this journey.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Check in for Saturday
    ✅Steps 7,175
    ❌Sleep
    ✅Walk
    ✅ 8/8 reminders

Got to get rid of the red on the sleep. Last night while not hitting my sleep goal I did fall asleep right away and I did not wake up in middle of the night. I just woke up super early.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options

That’s great news that you gym is set up. I am no expert on strength training but from my time with a personal trainer I learned: don’t work the same muscles 2 days in a row, warm up before you start and increase your weight gradually. Did the gym come with a guide? From knowing you for a more than a year, you will be a pro in no time. Are you excited? You have been having headaches for more than a week. Have you thought about going to the doctor? I hope you feel better today.

Thanks Linda .... it is a total body workout ...I am gonna have to read to see if there is some schedule or something that I can follow ....I am excited but also nervous .... I am going to call my Dr tomorrow to see if we can talk over the phone or if I need to come in ..I see him next month so I am hoping I can just talk to him over the phone ...I woke up with a slight headache nothing I can't deal with
This discussion has been closed.