Thanks for your cooperation :)
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Username: Beautyofdreams
    Weigh-In Day: Sunday
    PW: 145.0
    CW: 145.5

Another stress filled week. Social security sent back my review information and have to fill it out over again. Saw my doctor about my skin splitting and found out it is another side effect of the steroid I am on. Will be glad to get to the endocrinologist so someone can manage the dosage or possibly put me on a different medication.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 I recommend you visit AWorkoutRoutine.com. He has a lot of sound information on resistance training and some nice beginner programs that are free.

@TheresaM787 you have been a wonderful encouraging voice on the forum. I wish you continuing success on your health and fitness journey for you and your family.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,096 Member
    Options

Another stress filled week. Social security sent back my review information and have to fill it out over again. Saw my doctor about my skin splitting and found out it is another side effect of the steroid I am on. Will be glad to get to the endocrinologist so someone can manage the dosage or possibly put me on a different medication.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 I recommend you visit AWorkoutRoutine.com. He has a lot of sound information on resistance training and some nice beginner programs that are free.

@TheresaM787 you have been a wonderful encouraging voice on the forum. I wish you continuing success on your health and fitness journey for you and your family.

Thanks @Beautyofdreams ...I will look into it :)
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Steps:
    • Monday 15 033
    • Tuesday 10 143
    • Wednesday 8 463
    • Thursday 9 839
    • Friday 13 074
    • Saturday 12 639
    • Sunday 10 749
  • Beverly2Hansen
    Beverly2Hansen Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    My steps were 4,645
    My food was shyte tomorrow is a new day.
    My epic return got set back 1 day because my dad needed to get antibiotics today unexpectedly so we spent a lot of the day at the doctor's and commuting. All in all things are looking good.

Did you want me to remove the EXC. on our step challenge?

Yes please, as of yesterday I'm back full force.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options

I am so sorry that you are having so much stress. That has to be incredibly frustrating with your social security. How are the skin grafts going? Are you still doing your strength training?

Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Hi all! I'm back from camping. Tired, but feeling great about the weekend. Did that 5 mile walk with Dad Friday morning, then went grocery shopping. Got out to the camper Friday late afternoon, set up, had dinner and went for a walk. At night we sat around the fire and had a good time. We found gluten free fudge stripes at the store for s'mores so I had a roasted marshmallow on one and it was actually really good! I was actually pretty short on calories going into the night so I decided to have one more marshmallow on a cookie and called it good.
    Saturday morning my sister in law and I went to a local coffee shop for coffee and drank it while playing corn hole haha. After an early lunch we all went to the beach (friend's pool plans fell through) and spent 2 hours swimming in the lake. Everyone was pretty exhausted after that haha. Saturday night dinner while camping is always steak on the open fire, it's tradition. Mom made red potatoes and sweet corn to go with it. Was a fantastic dinner.

Unfortunately at night I felt the old binge craving try to set in. I told you guys camping can be hard for me because of the snacking. In the past, when it was dark and everyone was outside around the fire, I'd find reasons I "needed" to go in the camper, and I'd eat. A couple handfuls of chips, some crackers, cookies, maybe PB on a spoon, I don't know, just anything I saw. And I'd do it several times. Then I'd also eat marshmallows outside with everyone else. Last night I actually needed to go in the camper and was by myself and then felt a very strong pull to eat something. I got what I needed and got out as fast as possible. Driving home I felt the pull too, to eat the leftover chips that were in the car. But I sat with it and it went away. It felt terrible to have those old cravings pop up again, but I'm proud of myself for not giving in.

Anyway, sorry for the book of a post! I had a great weekend and it's back to normal life again! Tomorrow I'm meeting dad in the morning for a walk and then he leaves for 4 days for work. My neices will be at my house then at 8 am for the day while their parents go to work!

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Steps
    7/15 9136
    7/16 17807
    7/17 4103 + 2hours leisurely swimming

You have the right to be proud. Not giving in to your cravings is so good. It’s funny how certain things trigger them. I need your strength when we go on vacation in August. Glad you had fun.

Piqueaboo wrote: »
    Steps:
    • Monday 15 033
    • Tuesday 10 143
    • Wednesday 8 463
    • Thursday 9 839
    • Friday 13 074
    • Saturday 12 639
    • Sunday 10 749

Amazing steps!
    In answer to the question about my dad:
    He's currently stable. It's early to tell how he's going to recover from the right leg blood clot and infection. We made progress in that he's no longer reacting to the blood thinner he's on and he's on antibiotics. The leg, ankle and foot appear to be less swollen in the bottom but I can't be positive yet. I'm keeping close tabs but we've reached the point where it's safe for me to leave the house at times.

Sending positive vibes that he recovers!
  • amymartin555
    amymartin555 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Here is my friendly reminder of the people's steps I need :

@888Angie888 7/15-7/17
    @iradi8 7/11-7/17
    @rlaskey2 7/17
    @red1185 - 7/14-7/17
    @lmf1012 - 7/17
    @amymartin555 7/11-7/17
    @MSWarrior7088 - 7/14 & 7/17

If I do not have them by 7/20 I will be zeroing them out
    Thanks for your cooperation :)

7/11. 26,500
    7/12. 22,017
    7/13. 20,019
    7/14. 37,897
    7/15. 24,242
    7/16. 27,473
    7/17. 18,201
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Wow, I didn’t think this was going to be so hard. I feel like I’ve gotten to know you in such a relatively short period of time. I need to put a pause on MFP for now. I know you all will hit your goals. You’re doing amazing. Stay here. Keep logging. Keep inspiring and supporting one another. I hope to rejoin you again soon and hear all about your amazing losses and tremendous gains. Thank you for sharing your paths with me.
    Stay well.
    Theresa.

I didn't really get to know you to well in our short time... But you have Tahlia Aka Spring all teared up and missing you already. So that's must mean your pretty kewl beans. (Tahlia is also kewl beans).

Hope to get to know you better soon. :)

• lmf1012
    lmf1012 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    7/17 steps 3,194
  • Poobah1972
    Options
    I've pretty much took it easy all day... Other then getting the exercise room ready for tomorrow morning, and setting up weights etc for tomorrow after work.

But I thought you might like this... We have yet another new addition to the workout room. One that Lynn will start using tomorrow morning. :)

9ebtxttxx7pl.jpg

• MSWarrior7088
    MSWarrior7088 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    7/14 6,494
    7/17 7,409
    7/18 7,133

Sorry!!!
  • mszoueb
    mszoueb Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Username: mszoueb
    Weigh in Day: Monday
    PW: 223.4
    CW: 224.6

---
    Hi all, here for Monday check in.

I pretty much checked in yesterday so don't have too much to say. I'm aiming to get my food under control this week because bouncing around in the same numbers isn't fun or motivating. I do get curious so I weigh once or couple times in the week, for example, this week my lowest was 221.2 for whatever reason. So, I think I'm going to see if I can not weigh in on my scales until each Monday so seeing fluctuations can't effect me as much.

Eating some more overnight oats for breakfast currently. It's going to be an interesting experiment in seeing how my weight loss works going forward without  meal prep service. It's nice to have a bit of freedom to choose what to eat rather than forced to eat set meals in a way. The structure did have it's benefits though.

Set to be a hot weather week and with that, have a great week everyone!
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps:
    7/15- 23,087
    7/16- 11,606
    7/17- 19,735
    7/18- 15,235

Happy Monday!!
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Steps 7/17 18,674
    7/18 17,030

Sick of this weather pattern we have been in and changing every few mins. Finally got my workout out in and some cleaning I had been procrastinating on.
  • Poobah1972
    Options
    Steps:
    7/15- 23,087
    7/16- 11,606
    7/17- 19,735
    7/18- 15,235

Happy Monday!!

Happy Monday right back. :) (nice stepping.)
    mszoueb wrote: »
    Username: mszoueb
    Weigh in Day: Monday
    PW: 223.4
    CW: 224.6

---
    Hi all, here for Monday check in.

I pretty much checked in yesterday so don't have too much to say. I'm aiming to get my food under control this week because bouncing around in the same numbers isn't fun or motivating. I do get curious so I weigh once or couple times in the week, for example, this week my lowest was 221.2 for whatever reason. So, I think I'm going to see if I can not weigh in on my scales until each Monday so seeing fluctuations can't effect me as much.

Eating some more overnight oats for breakfast currently. It's going to be an interesting experiment in seeing how my weight loss works going forward without  meal prep service. It's nice to have a bit of freedom to choose what to eat rather than forced to eat set meals in a way. The structure did have it's benefits though.

Set to be a hot weather week and with that, have a great week everyone!

Best of luck moving forward making your food. That's a pretty big transition. But one that will help on your pocket book. But I won't lie, Working, working out, Cardio, making supper, cleaning up... It makes for a very busy day. But it most certainly can be done. As for the scale, yeah it can be a real arsehole sometimes eh?

I've been all over the map on the scale... Since moving the scale to the bottom level, (Concrete floor) and getting stable levels it's pretty much not moved, and it sits at the end of the hallway. So we walk by every time we leave the house or enter it. (basement house entrance). For the first so many months, I pretty much stepped on it every day sometimes twice. Having it on the concrete floor helped a lot as I could trust the readings. I kinda got the hang of knowing how much weight I will drop from say Saturday afternoon to Monday morning before breaking our fast.

The last 2 weeks though, I just stopped worrying about it. I think I stepped on the scale twice this week.. The point is, i'm doing what I need to do. And it's all equating to better health for me, and whether I don't like the number the scale shows me on any given day. For now I'm pretty confident I'm winning this battle. But I imagine if I see a gain next, week I'll be butt hurt. So we will see. lol
  • lmf1012
    lmf1012 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    7/18 steps 4,267
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
This discussion has been closed.