5'11" (180.3cm)
    April SW: 176.5lb (80kg)
    May SW: 174.9lb (79.3kg)
    June SW: 172.8lb (78.4kg)
    July SW: ~170lb (77.11kg)
    Goal: 160-165lb ish (72.6-74.8kg ish)

June Goals
    Continue working out and counting calories. -mostly done
    Start physical therapy for my back. -did it!

July goals are same.
    I keep falling asleep a I type this so I'll stop now! 😴😴😴
  • wunderkindking
    wunderkindking Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Height 5'5"
    MFP Starting weight: 190
    CW: 140.2
    July GW: 139. 9
    Final GW: I don't know. Somewhere between 125 and 135.

I have made a conscious decision that I'm going to mostly be maintaining this month - I'll not really be sure what my weight is doing until my period shows up, but my birthday is Monday, and it is one of TWO days I let myself have without logging or worrying during the year (the other is thanksgiving). I'm intentionally losing really slowly right now so. Not in any rush to get anywhere.

Still want to participate here and have some accountability, so. Here's to setting the bar low and setting up for success. I can probably manage three tenths of a pound in a month.

Non-scale goals: Do at least two new to me hikes, hit my protein goals, remember to take my vitamins.

7/10 - 139.6

Goal official met, I guess. We'll see w here the month actually ends. My deficit's pretty tiny but I might get that .6 out of there :P!
  • k8richly
    k8richly Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    48 yrs
    5' 4"
    CW 129
    GW 125
    GW for July 127

July 3 - 129
    July 10 - 128.5

I was stuck around 130lbs for 6 months and suddenly my weight is dropping again, and I don't feel like I've changed much! The body is a mysterious thing. But whatever, I'll take it! Feeling good.

Pushup challenge is going well and I have my husband on board! We did 13 pushups yesterday, will do 15 today and rest day tomorrow. So far I can do them in one go without stopping, full military style from my toes but its getting hard. I think next week I will have to break them up morning and evening or something. But feeling strong! Thanks again @booksnbrains for the idea. We plan to do the plank and squat challenge next (doing them simultaneously sounds too complicated). I will post when I start those!

Otherwise almost all July goals are on track - have had no cheese or alcohol and am maintaining all my fitness goals. Only goal where I've failed (and failed HARD) is dessert / sweets. I cant deny myself ice cream in the summer! So I keep portions reasonable and figure that's good enough.
  • k8richly
    Options
    OH! And I had a weird revelation yesterday! After thinking I was ALMOST 5'4" all my life, I measured myself and I am actually barely 5ft 3.5 inches. What? At 48 yrs old I'm too young and too fit to already be shrinking, right?? Eeek.
  • wunderkindking
    Options
    k8richer wrote: »
    OH! And I had a weird revelation yesterday! After thinking I was ALMOST 5'4" all my life, I measured myself and I am actually barely 5ft 3.5 inches. What? At 48 yrs old I'm too young and too fit to already be shrinking, right?? Eeek.

Nope:

https://www.premierhealth.com/your-health/articles/moving-ahead/why-am-i-losing-height-the-short-answer#:~:text=Women lose an average of,Albright, MD, orthopedic surgeon.

Most women lose average of 2" between 30 and 70. It just speeds up after that.
  • GazelleLady
    GazelleLady Posts: 131 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    July 3: 132.8 lb.
    July 10: 130.8

July Goal Weight: 131 lb.
    Goal Weight: 126

I hit my goal weight for the month according to the scale. I've been counting my calories everyday and FitnessPal said I should be losing a pound and a half a month.

I am on a pretty high dose of Prednisone this week. I got stung in the face by a hornet while I was riding my bicycle earlier this week, so the doctor prescribed it to me because my face was so swollen that I could barely see! Surprisingly, I haven't started retaining extra fluid yet. I feel lucky for that. It has helped my face so much, lol.
  • k8richly
    Options

Nope:

https://www.premierhealth.com/your-health/articles/moving-ahead/why-am-i-losing-height-the-short-answer#:~:text=Women lose an average of,Albright, MD, orthopedic surgeon.

Most women lose average of 2" between 30 and 70. It just speeds up after that.

Wow, thanks!! Interesting! I thought height loss was for little old ladies with osteoporosis (which I am NOT thankyouverymuch) but looks like I'm on track having lost about 1 inch so far. So, due to a recent birthday, I have to change my vital statistics from 47 yrs / 5'4" to 48 yrs / 5'3". It's like I'm a new person!! Ha ha! I wonder if this will change my MFP daily calorie recommendation.....
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    BMI: 24,7
    Jan trend: -0.6
    Feb trend: +0.2
    Mar trend: +0.5
    April trend: -0.7
    May trend: -0.3
    June trend: -
    CW: 73.1
    July GW: 71.5
    Final GW: 71.0

02/07 : 73.1 - exactly where I was a month ago. I did great for three weeks and then undid the progress during my holidays. I'm back to business since Monday and I'm diving again. Next week, I'll also go to the office 1 day by bike, so hopefully I'll get some more movement.

12/07: 73.2 - I'm maintaining, whilst on the wrong weight and with putting effort in to lose weight... grmbl. I was extremely active those past few days, so I hope it is mainly some bloating. I went diving on Thursday, bike2work on Friday, diving on Saturday and I have been moving furniture around yesterday as our new couch will be delivered on Thursday (Yaaaahhhh !) I'm expecting a drop here, so hopefully a bit lower next week.
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    5' 4"
    Last weigh-in: 6/24: 144.0
    July goal: 138-140
    Goal weight: 120-130

7/9: 143.4
    7/12: 142.8
  • SparkSpringtime69
    SparkSpringtime69 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Finished up Day 8 of the challenges yesterday, half-way through day 9.
    Turns out I can do 5 pushups per set right now, although I'm not getting quite as close to the ground as I should be. I've been getting closer and closer, so I expect by the end of this challenge I should be doing them with totally correct form.
  • tvm1970
    tvm1970 Posts: 162 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
  • tvm1970
    Options
    Antiopelle wrote: »

May I ask you why you would like less than 20% bodyfat? That seems so low.

I've been at 16% before (3 years ago) and my doctor and I agreed that it was a good bf % for me. I don't think now menopause has arrived that it's likely to be that low again nor should it be realistically but a bit under 20% I think will be doable (and healthy)
  • Cora0477
    Cora0477 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    5’4” 44

I don’t know my weight since we’ve been traveling for a couple weeks now. I have only managed to get exercise in a few times and have eaten more than I would have at home, but my clothes still fit so hopefully I won’t be too far behind when we get home next week.
  • k8richly
    Options
    48 yrs
    5' 3" *NEW*
    CW 129
    GW 125
    GW for July 127

July 3 - 129
    July 10 - 128.5
    July 17 - 128

Not sure why my weight is dropping so nicely since I haven't changed much, but something's obviously working.

Maybe it's the pushups! I had to take 3 days off after my 2nd vaccine shot but now I'm back at the 30 day challenge. Did 17 pushups yesterday and 19 this morning (so Day 9?). Day 30 feels like a long way away and it's getting harder to do them all in one set. Shouldn't be hard though if I split them up over the day.

I fly with the kids to see my family in one week - so excited!!! I'm already picturing all the old walks, hikes and runs that I'm going to do in my hometown. I will have to watch what I eat but the trip should be great for fitness. Yay!
  • SparkSpringtime69
    Options
    Played 18 holes of golf in the heat Friday and was wiped out, so I took a rest day from the challenges. Unfortunately, I got so busy around the house yesterday that it turned into a second "rest" day.
    But, I'm back on track today, day 15 completed.
  • SparkSpringtime69
    Options
    Did 17 pushups yesterday and 19 this morning (so Day 9?). Day 30 feels like a long way away and it's getting harder to do them all in one set. Shouldn't be hard though if I split them up over the day.

@k8richer -
    19 pushups on one set - I'm impressed (and a little jealous)
    I've been splitting mine up into sets over the course of the day all along. I can only do 6 in one set right now.

Way to go on sticking with the challenge.

• Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    BMI: 24,7
    Jan trend: -0.6
    Feb trend: +0.2
    Mar trend: +0.5
    April trend: -0.7
    May trend: -0.3
    June trend: -
    CW: 73.1
    July GW: 71.5
    Final GW: 71.0

02/07 : 73.1 - exactly where I was a month ago. I did great for three weeks and then undid the progress during my holidays. I'm back to business since Monday and I'm diving again. Next week, I'll also go to the office 1 day by bike, so hopefully I'll get some more movement.

12/07: 73.2 - I'm maintaining, whilst on the wrong weight and with putting effort in to lose weight... grmbl. I was extremely active those past few days, so I hope it is mainly some bloating. I went diving on Thursday, bike2work on Friday, diving on Saturday and I have been moving furniture around yesterday as our new couch will be delivered on Thursday (Yaaaahhhh !) I'm expecting a drop here, so hopefully a bit lower next week.

19/07: 73.2 - So basically still maintaining, I need to shake things up a bit. I didn't had any exercise past week. First we had torrential rains up until Friday and I was complaining a lot about it, until on Thursday we started to see how floods were ravaging our country. I went from grumpy to grateful very quickly and I'm just glad we are still living in a safe and dry house and that all our loved ones are accounted for. Then on Friday, I had my second covid shot, which kept me sedentary all weekend as I had some headaches and joint pains. All better now, so time to get things shaking again.
    The plan for this week: diving on Wednesday (national holiday), Thursday and Saturday; biking on Sunday and a walk on every workday - the weather is wonderful now, so no excuses.
  • tvm1970
    Options
    50 years old

163cm/5'3"

SW: 55kg/121lbs/25.4% body fat

CW: 51.5kg/114lbs/ ? body fat (up 1.5kg/4lbs since July 3rd)

GW: 50kg+/110lbs+/ <20% body fat

I remain focused on building muscle knowing that with more muscle my body fat and body fat % will naturally go down. I have to remind myself that it is okay to gain weight if I am becoming leaner. As an ex-obese person I still struggle with the number on the scales at times. Today is one of those times :(
  • wunderkindking
    Options
    Height 5'5"
    MFP Starting weight: 190
    CW: 140.2
    July GW: 139. 9
    Final GW: I don't know. Somewhere between 125 and 135.

I have made a conscious decision that I'm going to mostly be maintaining this month - I'll not really be sure what my weight is doing until my period shows up, but my birthday is Monday, and it is one of TWO days I let myself have without logging or worrying during the year (the other is thanksgiving). I'm intentionally losing really slowly right now so. Not in any rush to get anywhere.

Still want to participate here and have some accountability, so. Here's to setting the bar low and setting up for success. I can probably manage three tenths of a pound in a month.

Non-scale goals: Do at least two new to me hikes, hit my protein goals, remember to take my vitamins.

7/10 - 139.6

Goal official met, I guess. We'll see w here the month actually ends. My deficit's pretty tiny but I might get that .6 out of there :P!

July SW:140.2
    July 10 - 139.9
    July 23 - 137.3

I don't know, I'm trying to compensate my calories around reduced activity and attempting to maintain. I'm clearly not as much less active as I thought. I kinda want to get a few pounds lighter overall, anyway, so not a huge deal but I'm going to be doing some math at some point to work out what I actually need to eat to maintain.
  • SparkSpringtime69
    Options
    Missed a few days of challenges due to a bit of back pain. But, pain is gone today so I'll be getting back into the challenges.