• MSWarrior7088
    MSWarrior7088 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    7/19 Steps: 5,028
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Check in for 7/19:
    Steps - 5415 plus recumbent bike this morning. 23 minutes moderate effort. 6 miles doing intervals.
    Calories - about 1650. Forgot the number already. I truly hate forgetting so much.
    Exercise - gym in a.m. 5 machines and bike ride. The machines were to crowded to use more.

Daughter made strawberry shortcake but I pulled some aside before she added sugar. Had some with fresh blueberries.
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Couple of updates...

Last night...

Back and Biceps night, and it was pretty good. Straight Arm Pull downs are coming along. I'm actually going to stay at 75lb Bent over DB rows next time, which is fine. I finally was able to hit my lat pulldowns with decent form all the way to 20 reps, so I get to move that up next time. Bicep work was a mixed bag, but I moved up on pretty much all of it coming into today, and hit my minimum on Hammer Curls using my new Fat Handle Pepin Dumbbells. Hit the max reps on the Preacher EZ bar curls, so gotta move that up... And I finally got my *kitten* kicked on the final 30 rep standing EZ bar curls. I got to 25 and I was DONE! All and all a good workout, and none of the work really puts any strain on my shoulder... Well perhaps the straight arm pulldown did a bit (but just a wee bit). 🙃

Immediately after the work out was completed, we hung the Heavy bag for tomorrow morning. It's round 2. 🔔🔔🔔 😅

Now... I'm going to have to wake up and move my *kitten* to get enough time in on the bag tomorrow morning. Cause it take a little while to get my Fitbit strapped to my forearm, start it, then put my gloves on etc... So, JOHNNY BOY (my mom calls me that sometimes 😐)... Move your *kitten* when that alarm goes off! 🤪😋

We actually ordered an Interval Timer, unfortunately we probably won't get it for 6-8 weeks. But it's completely programable and sinks with your phone and Bluetooth speakers. So, if I want to fight a 12-round fight of 3-minute rounds with 30 seconds of rest between round, it will make it clear as mud. Giving a 3 second audible countdown to end of the round. The numbers are a 4" tall and bright red. Heck it can even sync with a heart rate monitor and occasionally display it on the readout at an interval determined by you etc. Lynn on the other hand wants to set up a Circuit, so in this case you can program multiple rounds again, of a given time, with no rest if you wish... And she will be doing Trampoline for say 5 minutes, Steps for 5 minutes, and boxing for 5 minutes, and repeat the whole thing for a total of 30 minutes. I think it will amount to FUN, and more entertaining workout? 👍😀

EggBanjo, of course whispered in my ear this morning about monitoring my BMI... Something to this point I have not done. However, I like Datapoints.... And turns out the Renpho scale that pairs with your phone, and automatically syncs with Fitbit, and by doing so MyFitnessPal apparently has a weight capacity of 396 pounds. Which so happens is plenty good enough for my 389.6-pound carcass. 🙃😁 So I'm taking this as a sign that it's time to add this data point to my arsenal. Now I'm not expecting my first reading to be pretty, but I don't give a rat's *kitten*. I'm just interested in seeing progress in another form. Now I'm vaguely aware that this scale can read differently from my current one.... Or it could be the exact same, I'm hoping if it does read differently, I hope it reads to my advantage. So, everyone cross your fingers, the scale arrives tomorrow. 🤞🤞🤞🤞😲

Lynn may have got a bug, and was asleep on her feet all day at work... Actually, came home early and caught 2 hours sleep. But I give her full credit for shaking it off and getting the workout down when I got home from work. Great determination Babe! 😀🤗

I don't have to do dishes tonight. YAY!

p7vb6rdfv040.png

This morning

Last night was hot and sweaty.. And not the wink wink nudge nudge, kind of sweaty. Bedroom fan was on turbo, no blankets, and praying for sleep. Managed 4 hours and 20 minutes. And was pretty much awake from 2am onward to 4:30am when the alarm went off.

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP... Up and atom, time to get our cutie-patooties moving. 😐🙃😀

Boxing Day 2. My hands fit in to the gloves much easier this time, I think I'll soon be able to wear my gel wraps and still get the gloves on. (Maybe next time). The first time I just wore my workout gloves, due to the fact they have wrist wraps on them. I forgot to wear them this time, so I didn't feel quite as protected hitting the bag this time. Luckly no harm no foul. 🤪

I forgot my phone upstairs... So, no music this time... No way to tell the time... Just me myself and I hitting the bag. So, I would just go for a while, until I got tired of hitting the bag... Took a short break and then repeat. I kept doing that, until I could hear Lynn on the main floor... So, I called up and asked "What Time is it?" lol. Then was like crap, when I found out I was only at it for 20 minutes. lol. 😆 So buckling down, I got back at it.

Basically, the bag is interesting, because it takes a good while till the Temperature rises and a sweat starts to form. I was wondering is this working? But then sure enough, by the end I was a sweaty mess. It doesn't appear I'm getting my heart rate as high as i would if I was slogging or Ellipticallng. Maybe I'm not trying hard enough, or my arms just get too damned tired, I need a break. Likely I'm slacking off though, and should just keep punching and moving, and take less breaks?

You can see clearly on the heart rate monitor each time I would stop and rest, and then get back up and start hitting the bag. 🙂

Anywhoo that's it.... Apparently, the heat wave is over, and it only gets cooler. I'm looking forward to a nice cool night. Hmmmmmmmmm

aywv4e585t09.png

Have a great day Guys and Gals! 🤓👍😆
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,510 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    @Poobah1972
    You use the Fitbit to log food? I only use mfp to count my calories but it does transfer all the data to the Fitbit. I canceled the Fitbit premium and they are giving me a full refund. You and Lynn have great determination. Your guys eating and workouts are on point. The best part is you enjoy it and do it together. I hope you enjoy your new scale. I love the app that came with mine. So between that and happy scale I get a nice visual of my weight trend. Is it smoky up there in Northern Ontario? I can see it here down in London so I can only imagine it’s worse there. Hope Lynn feels better.

@iradi8
    It’s so easy for those habits to sneak back in. You are making the steps to get back on track. I think even through this stressful time you have been aware and doing things like making sure you got your steps in. I pray your Mom continues to improve.

@Beautyofdreams
    I don’t meal prep but I meal plan. Every Thursday I plan my meals and snacks for Saturday to Friday. I don’t know if I have any great way that I do this but at the back of my meal plan book I have a list of meal ideas. I also will pin recipes on Pinterest. I decide on my protein for each meal and then my sides. Then it is super easy to make my grocery list. It is good for me because I look at my book every night and I know exactly what we are having the next day. This really cut down on takeout in our house. The only meal prep I do is I buy club packs of chicken or meat, divide it, weigh and label each individual bag. I know @Megan_smartiepants1970 meal preps so she may have some thoughts.

@amymartin555
    Fantastic loss! The finish line is getting closer. You can buy bands on Amazon or directly from Fitbit. I hear what you are saying as I don’t like to walk when my Fitbit is charging.

@rwood566
    Nice exercise day!

@red1185
    Some great stepping!

@MSWarrior7088
    Nice steps!

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
  • lmf1012
    lmf1012 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    7/19 steps 2,802

Ate more than usual all weekend long but thought I was still in a small deficit. The scale says otherwise. Still trying to recover from that. Also still not 100% so not exercising yet. It has been over a week now but feels much longer. I am worried about losing all the momentum I have had for the last 3 and 1/2 months.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    lmf1012 wrote: »
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    7/19 steps 2,802

Ate more than usual all weekend long but thought I was still in a small deficit. The scale says otherwise. Still trying to recover from that. Also still not 100% so not exercising yet. It has been over a week now but feels much longer. I am worried about losing all the momentum I have had for the last 3 and 1/2 months.

It’s probably water weight. Did you eat out or have more sodium than usual? I can’t remember if you hurt your knee or back but can you do chair exercises or some stretching? This might keep the exercise habit going. Hope you start feeling better soon!
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    7/19
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 86oz
    Steps 11311
    Exercise 58min walk

Got up early to meet my dad for our morning walks we've been doing lately. Was surprised by my mom being there also. She's never come before because of what time she usually starts work. After the walk I booked it home for the arrival of my nieces. It was a nice day out so I walked the girls up to the playground after an early lunch. The 2 year old was so wiped when we got home, she took a 4 hour nap lol. In a couple weeks the whole babysitting schedule will change as my brother is taking a new job. Will be interesting to see what days/times they need. Well, just finished my coffee and about to make lunch. Later!
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps 7/19: 7,884
    It was a travel day, so a bit lower than usual. Only one more trip to make this year🙂. I like to get away, but not as much as I like coming home🙂.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,437 Member
    Options
    JULY WEEK 3 TOP 5 STEPPERS ARE:

1st @amymartin555 - 179,349 steps
    2nd @888Angie888 - 110,274 steps
    3rd @TheresaM787 - 108,700 steps
    4th @rlaskey2 - 100,031 steps
    5th @Tazaria87 - 86,570 steps
    CONGRATS LADIES :):):)
    AS A GROUP WE WALKED 1,106,865 STEPS
    WELL DONE EVERYONE :):):):)

RECOGNIZING EVERYONE WHO PLEDGED THEIR STEPS:

@lindamtuck2018 - 5/7
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 - 1/7 (darn headaches/migraines :( )
    @littleflutterby - 7/7
    @Piqueaboo - 5/7
    @888Angie888 -4/7
    @iradi8 - 3/7
    @rlaskey2 - 6/7
    @Tazaria87 - 7/7
    @red1185 - 2/7
    @rwood566 - 7/7
    @lmf1012- 1/2
    @Beverly2Hansen - 1/7
    @amymartin555 - 7/7
    @MSWarrior7088 - 7/7

GREAT JOB EVERYONE :):)

• Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    @lmf1012 if you are eating in a deficit, then it isn't fat gain. You would have to eat an extra 500 calories a day beyond your maintenance for a week to gain a pound of fat. Probably water weight. It could be from inflammation, eating high carb foods, hormones or sodium. If you are taking a break from weight training then it could also be replenishing the glycogen in your muscles. You will lose it quickly when you get back to routine.
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Good Morning my crazy friends... 😃

IT's WACKY WEDNESDAY!!! 🤪

jv0pmflitqd2.jpg
    (Photo of our Grand Daughters Birthday in July before Covid, so it was HOT)

What a great sleep... Just 6 minutes short of a full 8 hours last night. What I remember of the night, it was refreshingly cool. I honestly could have slept for another couple of hours. Getting out of bed was hard. The Elliptical this morning seemed hard. lol. But I persevered. I completely forgot to start the exercise on my fitbit, and to add insult to injury the auto sense completely jipped me out of at least 6 minutes. Bugger! No big deal though, the fit bit adjustments sees all. I'm just going to call it an even 600 calories burnt and move on. 😋

I haven't mentioned it... But since my Monday morning walk... My right knee has been tight as a mofo. Doesn't like to be fully extended nor does it like to be bent 90 degree's. This morning it has finally eased up a bit. Not sure what I did to it on monday? So what to do tomorrow morning? More Elliptical? I"m pretty sure Lynn's boxing gloves arrive today, so I should leave her the bag to play with tomorrow? or do I dare walk outside again? or do I rest? Decisions Decisions. 😛

Today is Left arm only Chest and Tricep and shoulders... Should be interesting. I've converted the entire day in to the Dumbbell equivalents and preloaded 5 Dumbbells to get me through most of the session tonight. Should does seem to be getting better, but nowhere near healed yet. 🙄😐

Okay I better get on with it.. The day that is.

Have a great and slightly crazy day everyone! 😎🤗🤗🤗😋
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    PW: 184
    CW: 126.6
    Steps 7/19 7,501
    7/20 11,846

This is a big loss for me. I had good steps last week and worked on my water intake. I needed this after finding out the other day I didn’t get a job that sounded promising. Oh well I will keep moving forward. Made a yummy dinner last night skinnytaste honey balsamic chicken and veggies on the grill.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    7/19
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 86oz
    Steps 11311
    Exercise 58min walk

Got up early to meet my dad for our morning walks we've been doing lately. Was surprised by my mom being there also. She's never come before because of what time she usually starts work. After the walk I booked it home for the arrival of my nieces. It was a nice day out so I walked the girls up to the playground after an early lunch. The 2 year old was so wiped when we got home, she took a 4 hour nap lol. In a couple weeks the whole babysitting schedule will change as my brother is taking a new job. Will be interesting to see what days/times they need. Well, just finished my coffee and about to make lunch. Later!

Awesome steps! It’s great that you get to walk with your parents.

Steps 7/19: 7,884
    It was a travel day, so a bit lower than usual. Only one more trip to make this year🙂. I like to get away, but not as much as I like coming home🙂.

They still pretty darn good! Do you travel for work?

rwood566 wrote: »
    Check in for 7/20:
    Steps - 12161. Walked 4.5 miles. I was wiped.
    Calories - 1712. Had a nice slab of watermelon in mid afternoon. Nice to beat the heat.
    Exercise. 4.5 miles in 90 minutes. Took a little break half way thru to eat an energy snack I decided to try. It was a little honey filled waffle wafer. I did seem to get a bit more energy on the back half so i think i will try more. Got it in the exercise section at target for a buck 30.

What a great walk! You had a right to be wiped!

Poobah1972 wrote: »
    Good Morning my crazy friends... 😃

IT's WACKY WEDNESDAY!!! 🤪
    jv0pmflitqd2.jpg
    (Photo of our Grand Daughters Birthday in July before Covid, so it was HOT)

What a great sleep... Just 6 minutes short of a full 8 hours last night. What I remember of the night, it was refreshingly cool. I honestly could have slept for another couple of hours. Getting out of bed was hard. The Elliptical this morning seemed hard. lol. But I persevered. I completely forgot to start the exercise on my fitbit, and to add insult to injury the auto sense completely jipped me out of at least 6 minutes. Bugger! No big deal though, the fit bit adjustments sees all. I'm just going to call it an even 600 calories burnt and move on. 😋

I haven't mentioned it... But since my Monday morning walk... My right knee has been tight as a mofo. Doesn't like to be fully extended nor does it like to be bent 90 degree's. This morning it has finally eased up a bit. Not sure what I did to it on monday? So what to do tomorrow morning? More Elliptical? I"m pretty sure Lynn's boxing gloves arrive today, so I should leave her the bag to play with tomorrow? or do I dare walk outside again? or do I rest? Decisions Decisions. 😛

Today is Left arm only Chest and Tricep and shoulders... Should be interesting. I've converted the entire day in to the Dumbbell equivalents and preloaded 5 Dumbbells to get me through most of the session tonight. Should does seem to be getting better, but nowhere near healed yet. 🙄😐

Okay I better get on with it.. The day that is.

Have a great and slightly crazy day everyone! 😎🤗🤗🤗😋

Its so much easier to function when we hit our sleep goal. Didn’t you not wear your knee brace on Monday? Could that be causing your issues? Great job on the elliptical!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    rlaskey2 wrote: »
    PW: 184
    CW: 126.6
    Steps 7/19 7,501
    7/20 11,846

This is a big loss for me. I had good steps last week and worked on my water intake. I needed this after finding out the other day I didn’t get a job that sounded promising. Oh well I will keep moving forward. Made a yummy dinner last night skinnytaste honey balsamic chicken and veggies on the grill.

Congrats on the loss! Can you confirm your current weight? Sorry about the job!

lmf1012 wrote: »
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    7/20 steps 2,323

Out of the blue a nasty sore throat appeared yesterday and is hurting quite a bit this morning. Seems my overall recovery will be extended another day or so. I did not sleep well at all last night. On a more positive note, the scale is moving in the right direction and am less than a pound from where I started before the weekend.

Sounds like time for a hot toddy! Glad the scale decided to behave.
This discussion has been closed.