Downsizers-July Chat 2021

Options

Replies

• Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    @Poobah1972
    Fantastic loss! Reading about your elliptical sessions makes me want to try it again. I feel like I am going to go flying when I am on it. I am not very coordinated. Any tips? Great burn! And yes, you definitely deserve a lazy day once a week.

Not sure I'm in the know enough to give good tips. But if your looking to put in a good 30 minutes. Do try to pace yourself. But then again, if you do blow yourself out, no harm in just taking on a walking pace till you can push a little harder again.

I guess my biggest tip would be is get a tv or a tablet set up, so you can watch something, anything. This morning I started a documentry about Johnny Carson. Worst thing you can do is watch the clock. lol

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,893 Member
    Options
    Morning Everyone ... I apologize (again) for being so quiet lately.... Once again I had a headache I slept most of the afternoon away (missing my nascar race) I woke up around dinner time about to make dinner and all of a sudden I am light headed ...nauseous ...just felt weird all around ....I tried to eat dinner (roast and a salad) that didn't go very well at all ... I will spare you the details ...so I lay back down ... I am drenched in sweat ...drink lots of water ..I am still very nauseous and the room is spinning ...ate a few saltine crackers and a no sugar 7-up ... feeling a bit better and I fall asleep ... this morning I have a slight headache and my tummy is upset ..I do not know what is going on but I do not like it ...ughhhh
  • amymartin555
    amymartin555 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    My Early Friendly Reminder of steps I need from the following people :)

@littleflutterby 7/9 & 7/10
    @Piqueaboo 7/10
    @888Angie888 7/10
    @iradi8 Do you want to be excused from the step challenge or Do you have steps to post?
    @rlaskey2 7/8 & 7/9
    @Tazaria87 7/10
    @Z1ORtza 7/4-7/10
    @red1185 7/8-7/10
    @Beverly2Hansen 7/9 & 7/10
    @BRGking 7/4-7/10
    @amymartin555 7/5-7/10
    @MSWarrior7088 7/10

If I do not have your steps by Monday Evening(7/12) I will have to zero them out..... Thanks for all your cooperation ...Greatly appreciate it :)

Sorry so late with these.
    7/5. 24,088
    7/6. 28,689
    7/7. 35,381
    7/8. 30,132
    7/9. 30,474
    7/10 23,274
  • mszoueb
    mszoueb Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Poobah1972 wrote: »
    Username: Poobah1972
    Weigh in Day: Monday
    PW: 393.8
    CW: 390.2
    Loss this week = 3.6 Pounds

FYI special thanks for Mszoueb (Zoe) for always posting before me on monday so I can copy and paste the standard 4 lines for weigh in day. lol. And very nice work Zoe. You doing really really great! :)

Hahaha, you're welcome! and thank you - I can't remember what time zone you're in, but I'm in the UK so probably a few hours ahead of you, a little help from the future! Timezones blow my mind, like when you're living in the moment you are in there isn't a difference, but it reminds me of when I was on Zoom recently and I spoke about it with some people who were from overseas, it was early afternoon there and they were like have a good rest of your evening to me and I was like I'm technically living the time that you guys will experience later on, how wild.

I checked in a little later than usual this morning. For me, I put the formatting text into a notepad on my phone then copy it into a new notepad, type my response before copying it over into MFP otherwise I'd probably end up hitting the wrong button on my mobile and it'd post the comment before I was finished - another tip incase you miss my assistance haha.
  • red1185
    red1185 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Username: Beautyofdreams
    Weigh-In Day: Sunday
    PW: 150.8
    CW: 145.0

Great loss!! 👏👏👏👏👏
  • amymartin555
    amymartin555 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Username amymartin555
    Weigh in day Monday

PW 157.6
    CW 154.6

I will take it! My goal is 1-2 pounds a week so this makes me very happy.
  • red1185
    Options
    Congratulations @amymartin555 @Megan_smartiepants1970 and @Aqualang26 for the weight loss!

Congratulations @gwamajtw91 for reaching GOAL! That’s awesome!

@iradi8 the fact that you’re still making time to move while being there for your mom is incredible! Good for you. I hope your mom is resting comfortably!

@Tazaria87 thats scary! I’m glad y’all are ok, and only had minimal issues with the fence. Tamales sound delicious! I hope your grandpa gets a new kidney, and soon!!

@Poobah1972 that workout sounds brutal!! Good for you for being able to maintain - idk that I would have the willpower to do all that in one session! I am super impressed!! I’m glad the dizziness went away quickly.

@mszoueb I understand completely. It’s a balancing act between wanting to set goals, but also trying to be satisfied with where you actually are in the loss. The one thing I try to remember is that a loss is still a loss, so even if I don’t make my goal, I still show a loss - OR - didn’t gain. I also try to remind myself that I’m further along now than where I started. It’s frustrating, I know…but you got this!!

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    7/8: 5,647
    7/9: 4,001
    7/10: 2,993
    7/11: 4,315

Yikes!!! My step goal is 6K…these numbers do not make me feel good. I have some work to do!
    I definitely need to take the dog on more, or longer, walks and hop back on the treadmill! Hopefully the weather will cooperate today for a walk - yesterday the dog and I got caught in a torrential downpour - all I could do was laugh….but that “wet dog smell” lasts a long time 🤣. I felt bad for her, so I gave her a puppy ice cream lol. I had some gelato (within my calorie budget), so I don’t feel too guilty.

My summer vacation is winding down, and I feel like I’m starting to take too much advantage of it. I’m trying to do more reading, so that’s definitely contributing to the lack of movement, as well.

Fortunately I still keep track of my NSVs, and my diet over the past few days has been fairly decent.
  • red1185
    Options
    @lmf1012
    Nice loss! Hitting a new decade will be exciting.

@Tazaria87
    Bloat should be gone in a day or two. Try to increase your water for a few days.

@red1185
    A reward sounds like a great idea. I can’t wait to hear what you decide to get. I use a roller with a mixture of essential oils that I rub on my temples. It helps. Do you find the lavender oil helps with sleep?

@888Angie888
    Awesome steps!

@jimboden3
    It is great to get an update from you. Best of luck with your surgery! Keep us updated on how it went. Enjoy your holiday.

@lindamtuck2018 i don’t use the lavender oil for sleep, but it does help me with headaches. I honestly don’t enjoy the smell of lavender like most people, but I know it has some benefits, so that’s when I use it.
  • Poobah1972
    Options
    red1185 wrote: »
    Username: Beautyofdreams
    Weigh-In Day: Sunday
    PW: 150.8
    CW: 145.0

Great loss!! 👏👏👏👏👏

Holy smokes.. No kidding. Way to go Deb!
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Steps 7/10 18,226
    7/11 22,995

Awesome summer weekend, hopefully the steps were enough to help my eating which wasn’t ideal. Went into the city Saturday and checked out an outdoor spot that I have been wanting to try for years. We didn’t have lunch instead had an early dinner. Yesterday I went for a Long Beach walk with no foot pain even though big toe is still a little numb then attempted to play pickle ball with the kids. After we swam and met old friends for drinks. A perfect summer weekend!!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,513 Member
    Options
    lmf1012 wrote: »
    Congratulations @amymartin555, @Megan_smartiepants1970 , and @Aqualang26!

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    7/11 steps 10,904

Shopping for office clothes over the weekend was a bust. I ended up only finding one top at Kohl's. Need to figure out where else to try.

I got started late on my walk last night because I had to charge my watch first, so I decided to make up some time by jogging the downhill portions of the route. That surprisingly was not as hard as I thought it would be.

I hit that new decade on the scale this morning, yay!!! A decade I never thought I would ever see again. I clearly have not been this determined in years.

Congrats on reaching the new decade! With the clothes shopping, have you tried looking online before going to the store to get an idea of what they have. Nice steps!

Poobah1972 wrote: »
    @Poobah1972
    Fantastic loss! Reading about your elliptical sessions makes me want to try it again. I feel like I am going to go flying when I am on it. I am not very coordinated. Any tips? Great burn! And yes, you definitely deserve a lazy day once a week.

Not sure I'm in the know enough to give good tips. But if your looking to put in a good 30 minutes. Do try to pace yourself. But then again, if you do blow yourself out, no harm in just taking on a walking pace till you can push a little harder again.

I guess my biggest tip would be is get a tv or a tablet set up, so you can watch something, anything. This morning I started a documentry about Johnny Carson. Worst thing you can do is watch the clock. lol

I think I will give it a try once the exercise room is open. There is a tv in there but I can bring my tablet.

Morning Everyone ... I apologize (again) for being so quiet lately.... Once again I had a headache I slept most of the afternoon away (missing my nascar race) I woke up around dinner time about to make dinner and all of a sudden I am light headed ...nauseous ...just felt weird all around ....I tried to eat dinner (roast and a salad) that didn't go very well at all ... I will spare you the details ...so I lay back down ... I am drenched in sweat ...drink lots of water ..I am still very nauseous and the room is spinning ...ate a few saltine crackers and a no sugar 7-up ... feeling a bit better and I fall asleep ... this morning I have a slight headache and my tummy is upset ..I do not know what is going on but I do not like it ...ughhhh

Sounds like you have a virus. Take it easy for a few days and definitely stay out of the heat. Are you able to see the doctor if you are not feeling better soon? Feel better!

Username amymartin555
    Weigh in day Monday

PW 157.6
    CW 154.6

That’s a fantastic loss! Your steps are freaking awesome!

red1185 wrote: »
    @lmf1012
    Nice loss! Hitting a new decade will be exciting.

@Tazaria87
    Bloat should be gone in a day or two. Try to increase your water for a few days.

@red1185
    A reward sounds like a great idea. I can’t wait to hear what you decide to get. I use a roller with a mixture of essential oils that I rub on my temples. It helps. Do you find the lavender oil helps with sleep?

@888Angie888
    Awesome steps!

@jimboden3
    It is great to get an update from you. Best of luck with your surgery! Keep us updated on how it went. Enjoy your holiday.

@lindamtuck2018 i don’t use the lavender oil for sleep, but it does help me with headaches. I honestly don’t enjoy the smell of lavender like most people, but I know it has some benefits, so that’s when I use it.

Keeping track of your NSV’s is a great way to stay motivated. I didn’t know there is puppy ice cream. I must buy some for my grand dog.
  • Poobah1972
    Options
    Username amymartin555
    Weigh in day Monday

PW 157.6
    CW 154.6

Great!!! I'm happy for you. (big smile, in the office... I should be working, and smiling like this is a dead give away. lol) CHEERS! 😁
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    rlaskey2 wrote: »
    Steps 7/10 18,226
    7/11 22,995

Awesome summer weekend, hopefully the steps were enough to help my eating which wasn’t ideal. Went into the city Saturday and checked out an outdoor spot that I have been wanting to try for years. We didn’t have lunch instead had an early dinner. Yesterday I went for a Long Beach walk with no foot pain even though big toe is still a little numb then attempted to play pickle ball with the kids. After we swam and met old friends for drinks. A perfect summer weekend!!

Those are some amazing steps! That does sound like a perfect summer weekend.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,893 Member
    Options
    rlaskey2 wrote: »
    Steps 7/10 18,226
    7/11 22,995

Awesome steps ... Can you post your steps for 7/8 and 7/9 ? Thank you
  • lmf1012
    lmf1012 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Username amymartin555
    Weigh in day Monday

PW 157.6
    CW 154.6

So you lost 4.3 last week and 3 this week. WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU DOING?! You should write a book / start a website lol and sell this! And share it with us for free first lol
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    7/11
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 80oz
    Steps 9010
    Exercise 30min Elliptical

After we got the fence fixed we just relaxed for the afternoon. Then took the kids to their swim lesson, and they had a great lesson! After that we stopped by my parent's house for a bit because my brother was there and he wanted us to come. After the kids were in bed, I hopped on the elliptical to finish out my steps for the daywhile watching a show with my husband. Did 2.4 miles in 30mins.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @Poobah1972
    That’s a great NSV! Keep them coming!

@Tazaria87
    You are putting that elliptical to use. Great work!
This discussion has been closed.