Downsizers - Team Chat AUGUST 2021

Replies

• Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Hi all! Welcome to new members! This month marks my one year anniversary of being a part of this fantastic group of people!

My name is Ashley. I'm 34 years old, a wife, and a mother to a 5 year old boy and 3 year old girl. I've been overweight pretty much my whole life, with several journeys up and down the scale. I hit my highest weight of 323 lbs 6 years ago. I lost 100lbs about 4 years ago but then got pregnant with my daughter and slowly put most of it back on.

My current journey started in the middle of April last year and I'm determined to make this my last one. I've had some slip ups and some difficulties, but the difference this time is that I just keep going no matter what. So far I've lost 115lbs and am getting close to goal for the first time ever. Currently, I have goal set at 148. I figure when I get there I can see how I feel and just land wherever my body is most comfortable weight wise.

I count calories, eat an 80% primal diet, and do IF from 1pm to 9pm.

Here's what my daily goals look like:

Track everything
    Stay under calorie- Between 1200-1300
    80+oz of water
    9000+ steps (One rest day a week)
    Exercise 6 days a week

Anyone may feel free to add me as a friend on the app! My diary is open to friends.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,915 Member
    rwood566 wrote: »
    Good evening everybody. Happy August.

Check in for 8/1:
    Steps - 5587. Washed the car and shopped.
    Calories - 1360, I believe. Can't remember it from 5 minutes ago. I behaved myself eating kfc for lunch and had a very light dinner. Left a lot of room for a piece of boston cream cake.
    Exercise - washed the car. Otherwise a nice rest day. Walk or gym tomorrow.

@mthomas0228 very nice work. Way to start the month.

@iradi8 super numbers. Over 20k and just under. Wow.

@azkunk welcome back. I have been thinking about you lately. Thought we misplaced you.

Lots of other good posts but my recall is shot and they aren't on this page. Sorry.

If you would like me to convert washing the car and shopping into steps I need to know for how long ...Thanks :)
  • MSWarrior7088
    MSWarrior7088 Posts: 167 Member
    Poobah1972 wrote: »
    Okay...

So I did walk on Friday night and Saturday afternoon when I visited my mom in Orleans, Ontario... So it was a pretty active week last week, with 6 Cardio days. But I'll spare you all the details, as the days are already gone by. However here's a quicky of me and my Fiance, near Bridal Falls (A little trail, just a short walk from my mom's house).

cqf0lc6nwafx.jpg

Username: Poobah1972
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    PW (Previous Weight): 386.6
    CW (Current Weight): 383.8

Total loss this week = 2.8 Pounds 🥳

Now for this mornings recap.

Good Morning Everyone, 🤗

Took me a little bit to get here... We had the most amazing afternoon nap yesterday when we got home.... Then I followed it up with the usual drug induced slumber heading into a Monday's (Double workout day). I do believe I've caught up on all my Z's?

Normally first thing Monday morning it's a fasted cardio before a fasted and naked pre-water drinking weigh in... But this morning since it's a holiday, and we have other plans for a walk on the board walk this morning, I had to weigh in without the cardio. Sadly, the Cardio pre-weigh in always nets me an extra .6 pounds loss which I can't take advantage of today. Meh.. 😛

So how did I do without my cardio boost? 383.8 Pounds 😆💪😁👍

For a Loss this week of 2.8 pounds. 🥳🥳🥳 Not to shabby, and if I look on the bright side, I'll be able to bag an extra .6 next week with cardio? 🤔🙃😃

So, the weight continues to come off at a pretty good pace... In fact, it almost seems to be accelerating a bit, even with the increased calories. Which is fine by me. 😆

Will I encounter stubborn Plateau's someday? Hmmmm Probably... But not today (knock on wood). 😄 😅😊

Here's a set of interesting trend lines from the Renpho App.... I suspect this trend line will probably continue? As I'm pretty sure a fat free body of mass of 140 is still low, I suspect reality is closer to 160-180. But I guess we will find out in good time.

BMI coming down, and Fat free body weight going up.... (YEah Baby) 💪

Okay me and my baby, are heading to Ramsey Lake to take a 2-mile stroll on the board walk. I'll catch up with you boys and girls later 👍😎

szgsx0xre402.jpg

WTG!!!
  • mthomas0228
    mthomas0228 Posts: 594 Member
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Can you add me to the step count? My Fitbit is not working but I have a new one coming either Tuesday or Wednesday, so should be good to be tracking by Thursday. Let's set my goal for 5,000 to start.

Thanks!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Can you add me to the step count? My Fitbit is not working but I have a new one coming either Tuesday or Wednesday, so should be good to be tracking by Thursday. Let's set my goal for 5,000 to start.

Thanks!

Absolutely... Happy to have you join us ....I will add you now :)
  • mszoueb
    mszoueb Posts: 155 Member
    rlaskey2 wrote: »
    Steps 7/31 10,756
    8/1 16,236

Saturday had a nice day with friends which included some drinks and pizza so I really tried hard yesterday to eat less and lots of water.

Yesterday I took a decent size walk ( definitely not Megan sized), shot baskets with the kids, short bike ride with my daughter and hit the volleyball around the yard with the kids. I love days being outside all day.

I hate riding the bike in my neighborhood the hills are insane. My legs hurt and I was huffing and puffing while my 11 year old sailed past me. Wish we had a better place to ride nearby.

I am so uninspired to cook lately so plan. I usually make lots of skinnytaste recipes which I love but just not feeling it lately. Anyone have some super easy go to’s for breakfast, lunch or dinner?

Did you get to try the pizza recipe I mentioned a while back? I use 85g Self raising flour and 95g fat free greek yoghurt, combine them together in literal seconds to get a ball, flatten out with your hands on greaseproof paper and you can experiment to your hearts content with base and toppings.

I usually do mine stuffed crust with chopping up a cheesestring, place the circles on the dough, fold over then move back out a bit. If you need more info or visual images then let me know! :)
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Cardio/Fat Burn... Complete. ✔️

Beautiful day, not to hot (but almost)... Blue Skies, and a nice breeze (well at least while Traveling South... Not so much on the way back north. 😋)

2.03 miles, with 2 small rest stops along the way, and a great calorie burn.

Just had a fantastic Lunch, and a Protein pick me up. Now I feel, I could probably use another Nap? Lol (so much for being caught up.)

Back and Biceps are coming later this afternoon. 🙂👍

b03ma3r27t5x.jpg
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 879 Member
    Steps:
    8/1: 4,599
    7/31: 12,696
    7/30: 15,360
    7/29: 14,135
    Sorry for the late posting.
    Please keep me in the challenge for August. Goal is still 15,000 steps per day.
  • jayenguk
    jayenguk Posts: 355 Member
    @Poobah1972 I also just started to lift weights had been doing it every other day, is it best to do cardio for most of the week then and when its weights just do weights or can you cardio as well?
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    This is the 4th week of headaches/migraines (at this moment I do not have one )... I am experimenting this morning with Yogi Vanilla spice tea to see if I get a headache ....I was down most of the day yesterday and slept most of the afternoon ... I am planning on using my home gym today ..crossing fingers I do not get a headache/migraine today ... I was nauseous pretty much all day/night yesterday

I do not have a headache after tea or a small cup of coffee but I do feel nauseous ughhhhh
  • Poobah1972
    jayenguk wrote: »
    @Poobah1972 I also just started to lift weights had been doing it every other day, is it best to do cardio for most of the week then and when its weights just do weights or can you cardio as well?

Well a rest day or 2 is always good... But you can certainly do weight training and cardio on the same day.

I like to do cardio earlier in the morning before breakfast... Then I have the whole day to eat and recoop before I hit the weights before supper. However...

It can also be done to great effect immediately after your weight training session. In that case, Generally you want to do the weights first, so you can burn through glycogen/glucose to power you through your workout getting the most bang for the buck out of your energy stores. This will allow you to hit the muscles hard, and stress them out. Which will force the need for recovery and rebuild during your rest period... Then when your all done weight training, you can simply do some light to moderate cardio to and melt fat.

:)
  • Poobah1972
    For the record... I've been doing cardio 5 days(sometimes 6) and weight training 3 (sometimes 5 if you count my extra work sessions which are short and I generally don't count them)... lol

But the thing is the right amount is what ever amount you find is sustainable.. If you ain't having fun, it's hard to stick to it. :)
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,759 Member
    edited August 2021
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 Yes please add me.Thanks! 8/1 steps 11,715.
    @lindamtuck2018 PW was last Tuesday.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    tahm42 wrote: »
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 Yes please add me.Thanks!
    @lindamtuck2018 PW was last Tuesday.

Okay I will add you ... Happy to have you join us .... Do you have a step count that you would like to reach daily?
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,478 Member
    @rlaskey2
    Lots of activity! The crockpot has been my best friend lately. I find a ton of recipes on Pinterest. I put everything in the morning and like magic supper is done. Its great for days I have appointments and don’t get home until late.

@MSWarrior7088
    You are back to your normal today so you got this under control. We rented a cottage in two weeks and I no my weigh in probably won’t be great that week.

@Poobah1972
    Awesome loss this week! Nice to see those trend lines.

@Tazaria87
    Glad you had fun! Happy one year!

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    That’s not good! Did you get your workout done? Feel better!

@888Angie888
    Awesome steps!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,478 Member
    Note to self: do not order something with checking calorie information first.
  • jayenguk
    jayenguk Posts: 355 Member
    so 8k of steps today was a slow day at work. drank 2 liters of water and various cups of tea. Tomorrow is my allotted gym time after work....I had a bit of a NSV today also, I wore some work pants I couldn't do up 4 weeks ago....early night for me tonight so have a good one folks.
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Check in: Sunday, 8/1

Calories: tracked everything, stayed under and hit my protein goal
    Water: 92.4
    Steps: 5792 — @Megan_smartiepants1970

Successful fist day back on track 😊
This discussion has been closed.