Downsizers - Team Chat AUGUST 2021

Options

Replies

• azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options

Welcome back Andrea :) Do you want me to remove the EXC on our step challenge? Please let me know ..Thank you :)

Yes, let's do it! But I want to start low. I have been averaging 4K steps/day lately, so let's make my goal 5K to start things off,
  • lmf1012
    lmf1012 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

7/31 steps 3,607
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,778 Member
    Options
    Hell o everyone first check in and intro. I am Tammy. 51yo married for 30 years. 3 grown kids and 1 granddaughter. Been on this journey in earnest the past 4 years. I have lost 60ish pounds and have gone from a size 24 to 14 us sizes.
    My goals this month are to:
    1. Log every lick, bite and morsel.
    2. walk at least 2 days a week
    3. hit the gym for crossfit or lifting 2 days a week
    4. aerial yoga 1 day a week and 1 day to rest
    5. acquire at minimum 6000 steps a day
    Weigh In Day:Tuesday
    PW (Previous Weight):223
    CW (Current Weight):220
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,277 Member
    Options
    tahm42 wrote: »
    Hell o everyone first check in and intro. I am Tammy. 51yo married for 30 years. 3 grown kids and 1 granddaughter. Been on this journey in earnest the past 4 years. I have lost 60ish pounds and have gone from a size 24 to 14 us sizes.

Let me know if you want to be added to our step challenge... Also I have a chart that I can convert most exercises into steps
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,493 Member
    Options
    Username: Beautyofdreams
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW: 145.0
    CW:

@lindamtuck2018 since I am the only person who weighs on Sunday, can I move my weigh in day to Tuesday? Would you like to use this weight for this week or Aug. 3, weight for this week? I weigh every day so will have data either way. Thanks.

I will use the August 3rd weight. You are on your way to a great loss for the week.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @jayenguk
    What a great attitude to start the month!

@Jpedno
    Great goals for the month! Losing weight while dealing with medical issues can add another layer to the weight loss journey. You have set out smart goals that will help you on your journey. Great start to August with a yoga class.

@azkunk
    Welcome back! Keeping your goals simple while getting back in the game is smart. There are months that I had one goal.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    tahm42 wrote: »

Welcome! Congrats on your weight loss so far. I love your goal of logging the lick, bites and morsels. I read an article which showed how easy it is to eat 100’s of extra calories with the BLT’s. Is the current weight from last Tuesday? If not I will leave your start weight with the group as 223.
  • littleflutterby
    littleflutterby Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Missing quite a few steps from people...Would the following people please post your steps as soon as you can? I would like to close out July as soon as I can ...Thanks

@littleflutterby 7/30 & 7/31

Thanks for your cooperation Ladies :)

Yes! Let's close off last month pleaaaaaaase hahahaha

30/7- 9262
    31/7- 6217

Can you actually up my step goal to 6000 please, Megan? It will give me extra motivation to move more :)
  • littleflutterby
    littleflutterby Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Already on page 2! haha

Hi everyone! Happy to be here for another month!

My name is Tanya, I'm 33, originally from Liverpool, England- now living in Toronto, Canada!

I live here with my partner of 7 years and our 3 kitties!

I've been a member of F2F since November and I've been so grateful for the support and Iove I've got from everyone here! I'm down around 90lb from my highest weight. I did well up until January, losing about 50lb in 3 months but then things started to slow down due to some health issues.

2021 has been pretty unfortunate with my health- I had gallstones at the beginning of the year and had surgery eventually. Then, after being back at work for 2 months, I tore my meniscus so I'm off for another month! Ugh. It also means my exercise is limited. I love dancing with my wii fit, but right now that's on hold. I'm going to start walking in the next little while and continuing with my physio exercises.

I ended up having a "whoops" week last week and gained a lot- so even though I'll probably have a huge loss this week, that's mostly going to be water I'm sure. But I would love to get under 280lb by the end of August.

I started losing weight with the expectation to lose literally 200lb. So the fact that I'm nearly half way there makes me so happy!

As well as working when I'm physically able, I am currently in my first year doing a BA in Psychology. I'm doing it all online so learning how to keep a schedule and keep attention is difficult. I have left things to the last minute and for this month alone I have 2 assignments, 1 quiz and 2 final exams to do- so if I'm not here much, I'll have my head in the books, so to speak.

To anyone new here- welcome!! This is a really great group. Chime in as little or as much as you like! We are here for each other- through the good, bad, and the ugly! This is totally a non-judgement space so no need to feel like you can't share anything!

• Jpedno
    Jpedno Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Jpedno wrote: »
    Introduction— hi everyone. I’m jpedno and happy to join this group. I’m in New Mexico and I deal with some chronic health issues. I’m petite (5’) but weight has crept up as I’ve gotten older, especially in the last 4 years or so as I turned 40 last year and been on and off steroids and other medicines.

My goals are:
    Track my food!
    Go to a class at the gym at least 3x a week.
    10k steps 5 out of 7 days.

I’m headed to a yoga class in a few minutes so that will be a good start to August!

Welcome to our group ...Great goals ....Let me know if you want to be added to our step challenge...Thank you :)

Yes please add me to step challenge!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Missing quite a few steps from people...Would the following people please post your steps as soon as you can? I would like to close out July as soon as I can ...Thanks

@littleflutterby 7/30 & 7/31

Thanks for your cooperation Ladies :)

Yes! Let's close off last month pleaaaaaaase hahahaha

30/7- 9262
    31/7- 6217

Can you actually up my step goal to 6000 please, Megan? It will give me extra motivation to move more :)

Absolutely :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Introduction— hi everyone. I’m jpedno and happy to join this group. I’m in New Mexico and I deal with some chronic health issues. I’m petite (5’) but weight has crept up as I’ve gotten older, especially in the last 4 years or so as I turned 40 last year and been on and off steroids and other medicines.

My goals are:
    Track my food!

I’m headed to a yoga class in a few minutes so that will be a good start to August!

Welcome to our group ...Great goals ....Let me know if you want to be added to our step challenge...Thank you :)

Awesome ...Do you have a step number that you would like to reach daily ?
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Awesome job to all the Downsizers who lost weight in July ......Congrats to all :)
  • MSWarrior7088
    MSWarrior7088 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    STEPS

7/26 10,493
    7/27 8.106
    7/28 7,332
    7/29 3,573
    7/30 2,550
    7/31 2,238
    8/1 7,091

Sorry just got back from camping...weigh in Tomorrow....the scale might say horrible things...lol
  • Jpedno
    Jpedno Posts: 301 Member
    Options

My goals are:
    Track my food!

Awesome ...Do you have a step number that you would like to reach daily ?

Yes let's do 7,150. That's roughly the equivalent of 10k steps 5 out of 7 days.
This discussion has been closed.