Downsizers - Team Chat AUGUST 2021

Options
jugar
jugar Posts: 10,080 Member
edited August 2021 in Social Groups
4bak795kng4d.png

Here is your Team chat room for August 2021. This is where you weigh in every week, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post every day, and help each other succeed!

We have six great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Beka - @Beka3695
Teresa - @TeresaW1020
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970
Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @TeresaW1020
Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @jugar and @ashleycarole86
Shrinking Assets - @Beka3695 and @imgwendolyn2015

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - @TheresaM787 and @Poobah1972
Mission Slimpossibles - @AustinRuadhain @katmary71 and @trooworld
Trimstones - @angmarie28 and @JoDavo66
Weight No More - @rachelrjh
WaistAways - @conleywoods
Shrinking Assets - @hipari [/center]

HOW IT ALL WORKS:
Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, every week without fail! At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also track those small, steady losses with the Green Week count. If you lose, however small an amount, it counts for 1 week in the green. At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard!

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:

Username
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to inform your team captain if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off. If you take a break, you are moved to the Support Team. You can remain on the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions, you can weigh in if you want to, but it will not count in the weekly tally.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone! You continue to weigh in every week. If you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month begin!!

Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,493 Member
    Options
    Hi all and welcome to the Downsizers August team chat! My name is Linda and I am one of the team captains. My counterpart is the amazing Megan aka @Megan_smartiepants1970. Our motivator is Jonathan aka @Poobah1972.

I am originally from Newfoundland but I live in Southwestern Ontario. I am 57 years old, married, retired due to a disability and have 3 adult children. I also have 3 beautiful granddaughters and will have another one come early November. Hayley and Norah live in Ontario but little Stella lives in Scotland. I am hoping to make a trip to Scotland this fall. I have two fat cats, Nick and Lady.

I struggled with my weight since the birth of my son 33 years ago. So I have been overweight most of my adult life. I started my weight loss journey in February 2019 and have been with F2F ever since. I have had a couple of ups and downs since starting my journey but I never gave up. My exercise this month will switch from walking to swimming, water workouts and the exercise bike. My goal the last three months was to hit onderland in August. I have 3.5 pounds to go so I am determined to lose that this month.

August goals
    1. Sleep minimum 7 hours a night
    2. 6,000 steps 6/7 days
    3. Exercise 6/7 days
    4. Do 8/8 hourly reminders to walk
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Housekeeping

Weigh In
    We will post a weigh in reminder every day. If you can’t weigh in just let me know. Please use the following format for reporting your weight as it makes it much easier for us to record. Let me know if you need to change your weigh in day or have to miss a week.

Username
    Weigh In Day:
    PW (Previous Weight):
    CW (Current Weight):

Daily Check In
    Checking in daily is important. It is the key to making the group work for you. You can do this is any format you want. Things you may want to report could include calories, exercise, water intake, goals or anything you want to share. Share your successes with the team, any struggles or questions you may have.

Step Challenge
    Megan takes care of the step challenge. She will make a post with everything you need to know.

Other Resources
    On the main page of our group you will find many resources. This is where you will find the idea lounge, recipe sharing, weekly challenges and the habit tracker.

If you have any suggestions for the group please let myself, Megan or Jonathan know.

Please take time to introduce yourself as it is fun to get to know your teammates!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Please change my step pledge to 6,000. Thanks!
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to the new members!! My name is Rachel and I am 44. I am currently a stay at home (hopefully not for long) mom of two kids, one very old dog and two naughty kitties. I live in Massachusetts. I love the beach and hate the cold winters.

Like many others my weight has gone up and down my whole life. I have never been what doctors would say is a healthy weight but I have at times been more comfortable with my weight.

I have been with the group since October and enjoy popping in when I can to read about everyone’s journeys and keep myself accountable. With the summer it has gotten harder to be as active on the page as I once was but I keep trying to keep up with my workouts and implement new routines to work toward greater losses on the scale.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,277 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Can you believe it is August already ? Welcome to our amazing Downsizer's Team .... Happy to have some new faces join us ...My name is Megan and I am one of the moderator's of this amazing group .... I am also the co-captain to this awesome team with our marvelous captain Linda.... I am also the one in charge of recruiting, I am the one who assigns you a team when you sign up at the beginning of each month :) I have been with fat2fit over a year and absolutely love it ...I am a single mom to 2 wonderful kids ... My son Austin who is 21 and in the Navy and my mini-me daughter named Alyssa who will be 16 in October... I have homeschooled her since day 1 ...She will be a Junior this year and we start school on August 23rd.... I have 2 grandma kitties (Kylie 16 years old and Mocha 15 1/2 years old) I have 2 3 year old pups.... Aspen my Siberian Husky and my German Shepherd Dakota ..Aspen was born a week before my birthday (12/29 ) and Dakota was born a week after my daughter (10/5) these 2 were suppose to be ours ...Aspen and my daughter are my walking partners.... Dakota he has bad hips so he gets his exercise in our backyard ...I also have a parrot named Petey ... I thought I talked a lot ... Nope Petey has me beat LOL....As for my weight I was the skinny kid growing up ...After I had my son in 99 I was 240... I kept eating like I did while I was preggo...I lost about 50 of it I was doing good ...then I got preggo with my daughter (2005) and I never really lost my weight with her....I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes in 2019 when I was hospitalized with the flu/pneumonia for 9 days ...Happy to report I am now considered pre-diabetic ....If you want to know more about me just ask...I am an open book :)

I am in charge of our step challenge within our group......If you want to be added, removed,Excused, change your step goal ..all you have to do is let me know ...If you want to be added just post your name with a step goal you want to hit daily and post it to our chat....at the end of the week I post the top 5 steppers and I recognize everyone who pledged their steps ... I hope many of you sign up ..it is a lot of fun :) I forgot to mention that I can convert almost any exercise into steps :)

I forgot to post my goals for August:

Use my home gym 3 days a week M W F
    Walk 3 days a week Tues. Thursday and our lonnnnng walk on Saturday
    drink 120 ounces of water daily
    Pre-log my meals
    Stay within my 15% of Carbs
    Meal Prep on Sundays
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone. I hope your weekend is going well.

Check in for 7/31:
    Steps - 4328 plus gym.
    Calories - 1680. Probably more, maybe over. Ate stuff from middle eastern market and had to guesstimate since I couldn't find them.
    Exercise - gym in a.m. 7 machines and 23 minutes on bike. Moderate effort. 6 miles interval training level 9.

• rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    @Poobah1972 I think you told someone not to work the same muscles 2 days in a row. Why not, please. Does it also count for bikes, or just weights?
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    rwood566 wrote: »
    Good evening everyone. I hope your weekend is going well.

Check in for 7/31:
    Steps - 4328 plus gym.
    Calories - 1680. Probably more, maybe over. Ate stuff from middle eastern market and had to guesstimate since I couldn't find them.
    Exercise - gym in a.m. 7 machines and 23 minutes on bike. Moderate effort. 6 miles interval training level 9.

I had a chicken shawarma for supper. Couldn’t find the nutritional information online so I just picked the entry on mfp with the highest calories to be safe. If you were over it will even out over the week. Your bike sounds intense to me. Awesome workout! I don’t have the experience Jonathan has but my understanding why you don’t do the same muscles 2 days in a row is they need time to repair. The tearing and repairing is how you gain muscles. I don’t think there is any reason you can’t use the bike 2 days in a row. It is a great cardio workout. I know Theresa used the bike everyday before she added walking in. I am sure Jonathan can add a more detailed explanation as he has been lifting for many years.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    6hlvxcbzuaz8.jpeg
  • jayenguk
    jayenguk Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Good morning team,
    So feeling good for today and for this month, started the gym last week and go every other day without fail. I LOVE it and love the feeling afterwards. On wards and downwards and no looking back.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,080 Member
    Options
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Missing quite a few steps from people...Would the following people please post your steps as soon as you can? I would like to close out July as soon as I can ...Thanks

@Piqueaboo 7/26-7/31
    @888Angie888 7/29-7/31
    @iradi8 7/25-7/31
    @rlaskey2 7/31
    @Tazaria87 7/30 & 7/31
    @amymartin555 - 7/25-7/31

Thanks for your cooperation Ladies :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited August 2021
    Options
    I will be making the new step chart for August soon ...Please let me know if you plan to stay on... be removed ......be added .....a change in your step goal or Excused etc.... Thanks :)
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Username: Beautyofdreams
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW: 145.0
    CW:

@lindamtuck2018 since I am the only person who weighs on Sunday, can I move my weigh in day to Tuesday? Would you like to use this weight for this week or Aug. 3, weight for this week? I weigh every day so will have data either way. Thanks.
  • Jpedno
    Jpedno Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Introduction— hi everyone. I’m jpedno and happy to join this group. I’m in New Mexico and I deal with some chronic health issues. I’m petite (5’) but weight has crept up as I’ve gotten older, especially in the last 4 years or so as I turned 40 last year and been on and off steroids and other medicines.

My goals are:
    Track my food!
    Go to a class at the gym at least 3x a week.
    10k steps 5 out of 7 days.

I’m headed to a yoga class in a few minutes so that will be a good start to August!
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone :) My name is Andrea and I originally jointed this team 11 months ago. I recently was on a bit of a hiatus as life got in the way with a new job and busy schedules with the kids. I thought a month or so off things would settle but that is not the case and it's time for me to control what I can. So, I am back. I am going to keep my goals simple this week and focus just on tracking.

This week's goals:
    1. Track every meal
    2. Check in every day
    3. 80 oz water

@lindamtuck2018 - I am not sure of my previous weight. Please make my start weight 185.2 (((sigh))) My weigh in day will be on Friday.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Jpedno wrote: »
    Introduction— hi everyone. I’m jpedno and happy to join this group. I’m in New Mexico and I deal with some chronic health issues. I’m petite (5’) but weight has crept up as I’ve gotten older, especially in the last 4 years or so as I turned 40 last year and been on and off steroids and other medicines.

My goals are:
    Track my food!
    Go to a class at the gym at least 3x a week.
    10k steps 5 out of 7 days.

I’m headed to a yoga class in a few minutes so that will be a good start to August!

Welcome to our group ...Great goals ....Let me know if you want to be added to our step challenge...Thank you :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    azkunk wrote: »
    Hello everyone :) My name is Andrea and I originally jointed this team 11 months ago. I recently was on a bit of a hiatus as life got in the way with a new job and busy schedules with the kids. I thought a month or so off things would settle but that is not the case and it's time for me to control what I can. So, I am back. I am going to keep my goals simple this week and focus just on tracking.

This week's goals:
    1. Track every meal
    2. Check in every day
    3. 80 oz water

@lindamtuck2018 - I am not sure of my previous weight. Please make my start weight 185.2 (((sigh))) My weigh in day will be on Friday.

Welcome back Andrea :) Do you want me to remove the EXC on our step challenge? Please let me know ..Thank you :)
This discussion has been closed.