Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Daily Check-In For 8/2:

Calories: Within Allotted Range
    Water: 90+ oz.
    IF 16/8: Yes, 17 hours fasting
    AF: Yes (Day 8 no-alcohol)
    Exercise: Weight Training - Upper Body Workout

Pleasure to meet you M... IF and No alcohol!!! Amazing! I'm an IF'r of sorts myself, my fiance and I don't eat on Sundays. (36 hour fast) We've been at this for over a half year already. Hard to believe myself. ;)
    Jpedno wrote: »
    Daily check in!
    8/1 steps 7,205
    8/2 steps 7,160

Logged food, stayed within my calorie goal, AND I ate two cookies! A win for the day!
    Also went to spin class so I’m 2/3 on gym class goals for the week.

Tomorrow will be more difficult. I have a morning meeting at a really great Eastern European bakery. I’m hoping to take a long walk after work and catch up with my aunt on the phone and get in some extra steps. However it is monsoon season and (thankfully) we may get rain here in our drought-stricken high desert tomorrow. Back up plan - treadmill.

Nice work Jpedno! Sounds like a great start to your week! :) Good luck in the bakery. :smiley:
    rwood566 wrote: »
    Good evening all.

Lots of amazing step counts out there. It looks like everyone is working hard this month.

Check in for 8/2:
    Steps - 4525. Walked the parking lot waiting for daughter to get off work.
    Calories - 1750. Finished off some ice cream to make room in the freezer and had another boston cream cake piece. Ate a dry salad for lunch and chicken cordon bleu with steamed vegs for dinner. Nice and light in this heat.
    Exercise - not happening. I was going to go for a walk until I opened the door and got gobsmacked by the heat. First day of 100 here and it won't be going away for a week or more. Guess its time to start walking by 630am again.

Thanks for the lifting info, poobah.
    I don't need my shopping and car wash turned into steps, megan. Thank you for the offer. Good luck with your headaches and nausea.

Good morning Roger... Anytime. Sounds like you pretty good. Always nice to make room in the freezer by eating ice cream. I finished off a container myself last night. :smiley:
    Daily Check-in: Monday 08/02

✔️Track my food
    ✔️Stay on or under my allowed calorie goal
    ✔️Gym 1/4x each week at least
    ✔️10k steps daily
    ✔️2L water daily

Steps:

08/01 - 7,134
    08/02 - 15,909

Good morning team! Back on track for a whole day yay! Let’s hope I can keep this up lol. I’ve been working out with a friend of mine and I’m loving it so much. She takes her workouts as seriously as I do and we help each other and give each other tips etc. I enjoy doing it on my own but I also love spending this time with her. We are so likeminded and love to push each other and always promise to go all the way to the end. No quitting.

I’ve also been enjoying making my own bagels here at home with a skinnytaste recipe. So easy to make and my whole family loves them. I’ll post a photo and link here if you are interested.

Pleasure to meet you Mari! You seem to be on fire, and I barely know you. But the spark is definately in your eye's, I have no doubt your going places. Having a workout partner is real blessing, and a motivator. I'm thankful for my fiance, and more thankful she loves working out with me. Everything about you tells me you got this, even your shirt. lol :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,263 Member
    Options
    Daily Check-In For 8/2:

I have a converter chart that I can convert your weight training into steps.. I just need to know for how long
  • Poobah1972
    Options
    We just got back from our walk ....2 hours and 45 minutes........7.49 miles....894 calories and 17,704 steps .......no headache no nausea ....YAY!!!!! .......woke up at 4:45am and got out the door by 5am :):):)

That's a relief... Thinking of you and all the trouble your having is starting to give me a headache. 😆🤐😁

• Poobah1972
    Options
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    8/2
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 90oz
    Steps 12277
    Exercise 3 mile loop at lake

Had my neices all day, then met mom at the lake for a walk. My husband was gone for the evening so we had to take my kids with us once the neices got picked up. Definitely don't walk as fast with children along haha. Oh well, it was still nice to be outside.

Looks like anther fantastic day Ashley! Slow or not, mass over a given distance is still mass over a given distance. Sure you might get a bit more benefit from moving faster but it's only negligible. 👍
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps 8/2: 17,249
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    After a pretty good start this year, I have been really inconsistent for several months with the non-results to show for it.

So, starting today I am committing to 100 days of:

-Daily logging (including the not so great days)
    -15,000 steps daily
    -No hooch

In addition, I will shoot for strength training 3x/week.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Poobah1972 wrote: »
    We just got back from our walk ....2 hours and 45 minutes........7.49 miles....894 calories and 17,704 steps .......no headache no nausea ....YAY!!!!! .......woke up at 4:45am and got out the door by 5am :):):)

That's a relief... Thinking of you and all the trouble your having is starting to give me a headache. 😆🤐😁

Thanks for thinking of me .... not sure what has been going on for 4 weeks but today I feel great ...went on our walk and just got done washing my filthy truck ..all clean now :)
  • Poobah1972
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Username:. Beautyofdreams
    Weigh in Day: Tuesday
    PW: 145.0
    CW: 142.9

Fantastic Start to August! :D WHoooo HOooo

tahm42 wrote: »
    Username: Tahm42
    Weigh In Day:Tuesday
    PW (Previous Weight):223
    CW (Current Weight):220

@Megan_smartiepants1970 My minimum is 6,000.
    8/2 steps 7195
    8/1 steps 11715

@Poobah1972 Monday's back and shoulder day consisted of
    TRx "Y" raises, "W" raises, and under hand rows 3x15
    Tbar rows wide and narrow grip 115# 4x10
    straight arm pulldowns 40# 4x12
    underhand rows 40# 4x12
    seated single arm crossover rows 30# 4x12
    Single arm low rows 20# 4x15
    Lat pull downs 115# 4x12

My lats and delts are screaming today!!! Pilates/ barre fusion class has killed the rest of me today. Crossfit tomorrow. Barre on Thursday and Legs on Friday. Crossfit on Saturday. Then Aerial yoga Sunday. Wow I planned no rest day.... I guess I will rest on Monday??? Or count aerial yoga as active rest? which it is not by any means... I could make it that way since I do it on my own.We shall see.

It's fair to say you are doing a pretty intense workout... Much more set's then I which impresses the heck out of me. My fiance and I are more reserved. We are trying to get through workouts in 1.5 hours give or take. Maybe when I lose more weight I won't need as long a rest periods as I do at the moment, and I can add some additional sets. I'm a bit jelly looking at your workout to be 100% truthful. Generally I'm trying to just let my heart come down to about 105 or close to it, before starting the next set. On back and Leg day that can take awhile sometimes. lol

Anyway, what your doing is fantastic! :)

Oh and I almost missed it... Congratulations on your loss this week! :smiley:
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,490 Member
    Options

Awesome! That’s quite the walk. I can’t imagine walking that far. Way to go! I am glad you are feeling better.

Tazaria87 wrote: »
    8/2
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 90oz
    Steps 12277
    Exercise 3 mile loop at lake

Had my neices all day, then met mom at the lake for a walk. My husband was gone for the evening so we had to take my kids with us once the neices got picked up. Definitely don't walk as fast with children along haha. Oh well, it was still nice to be outside.

You deserve a medal walking that far with young kids. Great day!

After a pretty good start this year, I have been really inconsistent for several months with the non-results to show for it.

So, starting today I am committing to 100 days of:

-Daily logging (including the not so great days)
    -15,000 steps daily
    -No hooch

In addition, I will shoot for strength training 3x/week.

Great goals! You can get that consistency back.

Username:. Beautyofdreams
    Weigh in Day: Tuesday
    PW: 145.0
    CW: 142.9

Fantastic loss!

tahm42 wrote: »
    Username: Tahm42
    Weigh In Day:Tuesday
    PW (Previous Weight):223
    CW (Current Weight):220

@Megan_smartiepants1970 My minimum is 6,000.
    8/2 steps 7195
    8/1 steps 11715

@Poobah1972 Monday's back and shoulder day consisted of
    TRx "Y" raises, "W" raises, and under hand rows 3x15
    Tbar rows wide and narrow grip 115# 4x10
    straight arm pulldowns 40# 4x12
    underhand rows 40# 4x12
    seated single arm crossover rows 30# 4x12
    Single arm low rows 20# 4x15
    Lat pull downs 115# 4x12

My lats and delts are screaming today!!! Pilates/ barre fusion class has killed the rest of me today. Crossfit tomorrow. Barre on Thursday and Legs on Friday. Crossfit on Saturday. Then Aerial yoga Sunday. Wow I planned no rest day.... I guess I will rest on Monday??? Or count aerial yoga as active rest? which it is not by any means... I could make it that way since I do it on my own.We shall see.

Nice loss! Aerial yoga sounds cool. A gym I belonged to awhile back offered it. I am terrified of heights so I never tried it. Pilates is something I always wanted to do but yet again never tried. I am impressed that you do so many different exercises.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Thank you so much Linda ... I too am glad I am feeling better ...getting up at 4:45am led to an afternoon nap :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Shannonsto wrote: »
    Hi all! My name is Shannon. I’m a 50yo NICU nurse in Las Vegas, NV. I’m also a single mom to 12yo twins.

After spending my 20 in the 120s (I’m 5’7”) and eating whatever and whenever I wanted, I thought I was invincible to weight gain. But, alas, it caught up to me. I was 160s when I had my kids and I just kept gaining to a high of 230.8 in 2012. I joined WW and lost 50lb before plateauing, getting frustrated and giving up. On January 1 I started again at 215.2. The last couple of weeks have been difficult, bouncing around between 175 and 180, but this time I WILL NOT GIVE UP.

My goals:
    At least 10,000 steps/day
    80-90oz of water
    Add strength training to my cardio

Step so far this week..
    Sun 13,618
    Mon 14,809

I look forward to getting to know everyone 😎

Would you like to join our step challenge?
  • MSWarrior7088
    MSWarrior7088 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Steps

11, 012
  • mthomas0228
    mthomas0228 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Daily Check-In For 8/2:

I have a converter chart that I can convert your weight training into steps.. I just need to know for how long

Thanks for the offering! But I think I'm just going to stick with tracking my actual steps.
This discussion has been closed.